PDA

View Full Version : Packers-Cowboys, Week 9

PackerLegend
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Lets not take them lightly, kick ass and move to 6-3 heading into a much needed bye.

drowe
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Yup. This game scares the **** outa me. The Cowboys are too talented to be taken lightly, regardless of record.

Also, I saw Donald Driver at Noodles and Co. today and Jason Spitz at Panera (went on a bagel run after lunch.)

J-Mike88
11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Yup. This game scares the **** outa me. The Cowboys are too talented to be taken lightly, regardless of record.

Also, I saw Donald Driver at Noodles and Co. today and Jason Spitz at Panera (went on a bagel run after lunch.)

Wow you saw not one, but two Packers today? Amazing.

GB12
11-07-2010, 05:18 PM

Not when they're starting Jon Kitna.

princefielder28
11-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Every time i hear about someone seeing Donald Driver, they're seeing him as Noodles haha

I agree with needing to take the Cowboys seriously. Kitna isn't Romo, obviously, but the game against Jacksonville he looked pretty solid and the turnovers weren't his fault.

umphrey
11-07-2010, 06:14 PM
I really think the Cowboys have packed it in this year and as long as we don't beat ourselves it won't be a very close game

jackalope
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Beauty of a play by Shields. Wow.

xxxxxxxx
11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
not really lol it's kitna

jackalope
11-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Ha, free touchdown.

princefielder28
11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
The Packers aren't beating themselves and while it doesn't seem like they're lighting the world on fire, they're taking care of such a poor team...important to score right away out of the locker room and eliminate any good feelings that Dallas got with the last drive

GB12
11-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Honestly it doesn't matter. They're not coming back. Don't kid yourself here.

jackalope
11-07-2010, 09:25 PM
This lead should give Matt Flynn a good amount of snaps.

cvv84
11-07-2010, 09:48 PM
What a game so far.

Offense clicking. Defense clicking.

Rodgers is just on fire and clicking with all his receivers.

James Jones has stepped up big time.

The Claymaker notches his 10th sack of the season.

What a great way to roll into the bye week.

PackerLegend
11-07-2010, 10:51 PM
What a game so far.

Offense clicking. Defense clicking.

Rodgers is just on fire and clicking with all his receivers.

James Jones has stepped up big time.

The Claymaker notches his 10th sack of the season.

What a great way to roll into the bye week.

ESPN says goldi locks has10.5 sacks, yahoo says its his 11th.

Anyways great game but im fearful Collins will miss the Minny game serving a suspension. I sure hope not.

umphrey
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Well it's always fun dismantling the Cowboys no matter how terrible they are.

James Jones had a pretty good game but every time I see him running with the football all I can think is "please for the love of god hold onto it".

Mr.Regular
11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Who would've thought that the Minnesota/Jets/Dallas stretch would be the time this team got on a roll.

We look real good. I think we're the second best in the NFC right now.

J-Mike88
11-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Who would've thought that the Minnesota/Jets/Dallas stretch would be the time this team got on a roll.

We look real good. I think we're the second best in the NFC right now.
That's true. We found a way to lose to the damn Bears, Redskins, and Fish, but we won 3 straight against the Vikings, Jets, and Dallas.... and before the season started, any of us would have gladly taken 2-1 in that 3-game stretch.

And remember how close we came to losing that Viking game. A few inches made a big difference there.

I'm still mad the damn Vikings won today. That would have buried them. Now they have life, and a pretty easy schedule coming up and perhaps Sidney Rice coming back.

J-Mike88
11-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Rodgers tonight:
27/34
289 yards
8.5 yds/pass
3 TD's
0 Ints
131.5 Passer Rating

According to ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301107009

James Jones: 7/8 throwing to him, 123 yards. We all remember the 1 incompletion: His drop late in the game on a gorgeous 3rd & goal crossing pattern that hit him right in the hands. Great time for a drop though, winning 45-7.

Greg Jennings: 7/7 throwing to him, 90 yards.

I'm not sure how accurate those are.

Dallas tonight: 39 yards rushing.
Rodgers: 41 yards rushing.

cvv84
11-08-2010, 06:16 AM
ESPN says goldi locks has10.5 sacks, yahoo says its his 11th.

Anyways great game but im fearful Collins will miss the Minny game serving a suspension. I sure hope not.

I noticed on Yahoo that they count 1/2 sacks as a full sack. If you click on a player and go into 'game log' you can count their actual sack total.

BloodBrother
11-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm fully confident that if Clay never missed that 4th quarter or missed the Fins game, the Packers probably win both of those. The pass rush all around just improves big time with Clay on the field. I remember Henne having all day to throw in that entire game

umphrey
11-08-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm fully confident that if Clay never missed that 4th quarter or missed the Fins game, the Packers probably win both of those. The pass rush all around just improves big time with Clay on the field. I remember Henne having all day to throw in that entire game

I still believe Clay was playing hurt that entire game. The coaches finally just took him out because he was obviously not 100%. He didn't ever go down with an injury, he was just on the sideline all of a sudden.

J-Mike88
11-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Trent Dilfer warming up to Packers:

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer earlier this season was one of the Packers' harshest critics.

He suggested they choked at the end of games. He contended they had no soul.

But with victories over Minnesota and Dallas in their last two home games, then shutting out the New York Jets on the road in between, Dilfer has put his hammer away.

"They've shown they do have a soul," Dilfer said Sunday night after the Packers beat the Cowboys. "They showed they are getting better, too. You look for a football team to see what kinds of steps they are taking to improve. They have been incredibly beat up, and they have had an influx of other players. The offensive and defensive lines are playing very well. They are much more physical than they were earlier in the season."

"But the biggest thing I see about the Green Bay Packers is they are so well coached," Dilfer said. "And they have players that are coachable. They identify the weakness in the opponent. Tonight, it was the offensive line of the Dallas Cowboys and the Dallas Cowboys in man coverage (on defense). They completely exposed it. "

Dilfer said Green Bay deserves to be conversation for the "top three or four or five teams in the NFC."
Top 5 in the NFC? No sh*t bald sherlock.
I'd say it has to be the Giants, and then us and Atlanta. We play both teams so we can somewhat settle it then. Saints aren't at that level right now, although they did beat Pittsburgh last week.

Matt Ryan has only lost 1 start at home in his Falcons career. And he already beat us in Green Bay once. But that was then, not now.

It's great that we get our bye now and can rest/heal up.
I just hope it doesn't slow our momentum at all.

J-Mike88
11-08-2010, 11:11 AM
Look at this photo.
That's great fricking coverage. Can't be any tighter, legally.
So what does that mean about this play?
RODGERS IS BACK!

http://media.jsonline.com/images/greg110710.jpg

Pack_Attack_4
11-08-2010, 12:06 PM
this is wht i saw durin last nighs game.

On Def
1. Clay matthews jus solidified himself as DPOY. hes a beast

2. C wood plays the run better than ne1 in the leage he was crahsin down the line of scrimmige all night long.

3. Sam shilds is playin at a high level for a Ufa, makes lettin Al go a little easier the pic he had on dez was superb

4. Bishop is makin plays all over the field, hes a fukin stud

5. only givin up 7 points in the last 2 games dom capers has the whole D playin at a championship level.

On O

1. Mr Rodgers had a fantastic night looks like the rodgers of last year

2. James jones had a nice game but seem to hav a fumble prob, hav to hold that ball high n tight.

3. running game looked the best it did all year B jack had 2 tds (i was lovin it started him in fantsy this week) love the oldschool kuhn up the middle.

4. 1st round pic bryan bulaga looks pritty pritty pritty good

5. The O didnt seem to miss DD too much

Overall one hell of a game nice to be 6-3 goin into the bye, now its jus time to get helthy.