PDA

View Full Version : Jahvid Best against the Jets

gpngc
11-09-2010, 03:59 PM
He looked fantastic at times, but wasn't nearly as good in the passing game as he usually is - a few drops/miscommunications.

Anyway, I really want to ask about the multiple injuries he sustained late in the game? He kept holding his arm, and somewhere it said he was "hobbled" indicating that they "may shut him down a few weeks." The same Yahoo! blurb also said he went for an MRI on monday - did it come back negative so that's why there's no news?

I really want him to tear up Buffalo...

Any reports following the game?

mellojello
11-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Best missed the one long pass, which he should have caught, but he'll make that catch more times than not. His arm/elbow didn't look good, but my guess is he can play through that pain. Surprisingly, I thought he had good speed.

Bottom line is that the OL blows, there are no lanes for him to go through and most times, he's getting cracked at the line of scrimmage. Detroit needs to get an OL & a shut-down corner. If they do that in the offseason, they're going to the playoffs next year even if S. Hill is their starting QB.

gpngc
11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
So... no word on the actual nature or existence of any injury? How could Yahoo! write that then... jeez.

P-L
11-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Bottom line is that the OL blows, there are no lanes for him to go through and most times, he's getting cracked at the line of scrimmage. Detroit needs to get an OL & a shut-down corner. If they do that in the offseason, they're going to the playoffs next year even if S. Hill is their starting QB.
Our offensive line has improved so much in pass protection but it seems like they've gotten worse in the run game. The whole line outside of Backus is just getting knocked back on running plays. Seahawks fans were right about Rob Sims. Dude is a beast in pass protection, but can't run block to save his life. Best is so dangerous in space but, you're right, he can't find any open space.

tblain1
11-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Man, we better look good running the ball against Buffalo though. They have the worst run defense in the league and we have two capable RBs, one with explosive speed. Hopefully Hill can play so we have some sort of pass game to keep the run honest.

Lions-Slappy
11-15-2010, 10:09 AM
17 Carries for 35 yards against the worst run defense in the league. maybe it's time we started calling him Jahvid Bust :)

mellojello
11-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Our offensive line has improved so much in pass protection but it seems like they've gotten worse in the run game. The whole line outside of Backus is just getting knocked back on running plays. Seahawks fans were right about Rob Sims. Dude is a beast in pass protection, but can't run block to save his life. Best is so dangerous in space but, you're right, he can't find any open space.The run blocking is really awful. Fix that and get a shut down corner, and I've got Detroit to go to the playoffs next year. Personally, I like what I'm seeing in Detroit. The schedule was brutal this year.