PDA

View Full Version : Week 10 - Detroit(+3) at Buffalo

Scotty D
11-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Discuss the game and make a prediction.

DrunkenLament
11-10-2010, 01:05 AM
With Stanton at quarterback I think the chances of us winning are pretty slim, we need Best and Smith to completely take over the game to have a shot and our Defense will need to step up with Steve Johnson/Fitzpatrick tearing it up.

Bills-28
Lions-20

EDIT: With Hill practicing and probably starting our chances greatly improve, we'll be able to hang on to the ball instead of the 3 and outs Stanton is so obsessed with getting.

Bills-14
Lions-35

Scotty D
11-10-2010, 05:11 AM
I think it'll be a high scoring game. There is hope Shaun Hill will be able to play but its a long shot. Burleson is going to see less touches and Scheffler/Pettigrew will be worked in more. The Bills are last in the league in fantasy points allowed to TEs so they need to exploit that. I think Jahvid Best will have a big day if his arm is healthy. FYI Stan Kwan is an assistant coach on the Bills. If Hill plays I think they can win but if Stanton starts I don't think they can pull it out. I think Stanton can move the offense but he is prone to fumbling and will make some bonehead throws.

-Lions claimed Zac Robinson, QB from the Seahawks. He was Pettigrew's QB in college.

detroit4life
11-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Very difficult to say. I hope the lions dont try to contain and hold off Stanton. I'd like to see them allow him to play and see how he does to start the game. Stanton is able to move this defense through the air and can scramble his fair share as well. I see us going into a lot of 2 TE sets giving the TE's a lot of oppourtunities and best having over 20 touches.

I still think we can win a close one for one reason, theres noone on that team that can stop CJ and furthermore that secondary does not create turnovers which is a big positive for a team playing their 3rd string QB.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Should be interesting game with Stanton in there. I think in order to win we have to finally be able to run the ball. Bills are terrible in run D. I think the Bills offense can actually do some damage with emergence of Fitzpatrick. I hope Chris Houston is healthy enough to play we need him. Things fell apart against Jets when he went out.

tblain1
11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I can see Bills fans looking at this game like the one that breaks their winless team. At least it feels good to not be that team for once.

Well, Stanton wanted his chance, he's got it. I'm guessing since we claimed Robinson, Hill probably won't be ready to play. Bummer. I think this game will come down to how well our defensive line can control Buffalo. Can KVB and Suh get to the QB and cause him to make bad decisions? Can they eat up the run game? Even with Stanton playing I think we have a chance.

DrunkenLament
11-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Well, Hill is practicing with the First string so maybe theres hope after all

noondog
11-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Lions 38 - Bills 24

I think our D-line is going to have a MONSTROUS day, and our DB's will benefit from the constant pressure our front four will put on Fitzpatrick, leading to at least one pick 6 or fumble return for a TD.

Megatron will be looking for a huge day after being blanketed by Revis last week, and Hill loves hitting Best on screens, so he should have a big day too.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Yeah Hill is the starter thank goodness. Hope he stays healthy. Lots of pistol and shotgun formations though with that arm.

Lions better get the run game going this week and continue to stop the run with Levy back. Hope we continue to force turnovers too.

tblain1
11-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Yeah Hill is the starter thank goodness. Hope he stays healthy. Lots of pistol and shotgun formations though with that arm.

Lions better get the run game going this week and continue to stop the run with Levy back. Hope we continue to force turnovers too.

Wew...relief. Guess you guys are right. Looks like its Hill (http://www.freep.com/article/20101110/SPORTS01/101110047/)

detroitsports
11-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Fate outweighs us in this one. Remember last year when the 1-15 Rams beat us. Same scenario. We must remain alone in the ranks of eternal suck-dom. The Bills will take this game and avoid 0-16.

Prowler
11-11-2010, 03:36 PM
i had a mancrush on zac robinson ever since the combine. I think he is better than stanton right now and should become marc bulger in his prime for a couple years and then return to being a backup.

Its at Buffalo, but our dline won't let us lose this. Suh goes on a rampage for 3 Sacks and a blocked fg for us to win easy. 31-17

tblain1
11-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Is the line still Lions +3 now that Shaun Hill is pegged to be the starter? I'd like to think that would give us a bump. Ah but who cares. If anyone wants to spend their money on Buffalo, let them lose it!

Scotty D
11-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Is the line still Lions +3 now that Shaun Hill is pegged to be the starter? I'd like to think that would give us a bump. Ah but who cares. If anyone wants to spend their money on Buffalo, let them lose it!

Just checked and its still at +3.

P-L
11-14-2010, 03:19 PM
We are 0-4 in games decided by three points or less. So frustrating.

fischbowl
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Y'all lost to the Buffalo Bills

However, excellent game though, friends

redbills
11-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Why did the Bills finally stop the run today? I had Best in over Bradshaw, dang it. At least Megatron had a good day.

tblain1
11-15-2010, 11:09 AM
For those who were able to watch the game... Did Suh play? I was tracking the box score updates and couldn't find him on the defensive stat sheet at all as the game progressed.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-15-2010, 12:17 PM
For those who were able to watch the game... Did Suh play? I was tracking the box score updates and couldn't find him on the defensive stat sheet at all as the game progressed.

Yes Suh played but they used Sammie Hill more it seemed than usual I guess to stop run(which didn't work).

We can't run the ball at all. It was putrid. Raiola and Peterman should be given their walking papers, I don't care if we just extended them in 2009.

Can't run the ball, can't stop the run and we commit 10 stupid penalties a game (mainly Oline). We will never win on the road doing that even against the worst of the worst in Buffalo. Linehan forced us running the ball and wanted to protect Hill but it led to a loss. LB tackling was terrible especially Peterson and Palmer. Ugly game ugly conditions and ugly loss. Another come back attempt that fell short with Hill so its good they didn't give up but too little too late.

Now we get a revived Dallas on the road.