PDA

View Full Version : Last Minutes With Oden

JoeJoeBrown
11-10-2010, 04:50 PM
If you've ever lost a pet, this will absolutely tear you up. Either that or you have no soul.

Last Minutes (http://vimeo.com/8191217)

Vikes99ej
11-10-2010, 04:51 PM
GTFO, I'm not watching this, it'll ruin my good day :(

CC.SD
11-10-2010, 04:52 PM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregoniantest/2007/06/large_oden.jpg

KCJ58
11-10-2010, 05:05 PM
http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregoniantest/2007/06/large_oden.jpg

i thought the same exact thing

Razor
11-10-2010, 05:07 PM
If you've ever lost a pet, this will absolutely tear you up. Either that or you have no soul.

I know how it feels, my cat died last monday at the age of 17... :'(

Great film though...

JoeJoeBrown
11-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I know how it feels, my cat died last monday at the age of 17... :'(

Great film though...

Yeah, it was rough to watch. Went through the same thing with my dog this spring.

Very well done documentary, however.

vidae
11-10-2010, 06:47 PM
I've seen that before and I lost it before my cat died. He died a few months ago. He was 18. Now I'm depressed. THANKS DICK!

ElectricEye
11-10-2010, 06:53 PM
My cat hasn't turned up in a week :(

CashmoneyDrew
11-10-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm probably not exaggerating when I say my dog dying was the saddest moment of my life.

TitleTown088
11-10-2010, 07:05 PM
I don't mind cats, but come on, you can't compare selfish, independent, covert felines to dogs. It's not the same.

CJSchneider
11-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I'd be a liar if I said I didn't cry when my boy-hood dog died.

Razor
11-11-2010, 02:41 AM
I don't mind cats, but come on, you can't compare selfish, independent, covert felines to dogs. It's not the same.

Obviously you've never had a cat!

EE: Don't worry about your cat. Mine used to do that as well and then just show up like nothing happened haha..

ElectricEye
11-11-2010, 09:49 AM
EE: Don't worry about your cat. Mine used to do that as well and then just show up like nothing happened haha..

I feel bad because the night he went off I saw him, but didn't let him in because it's a process convincing him to get in the house and it was very cold.

Razor
11-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh...

http://mrbarlow.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/i-has-a-sad.jpg

That sucks. I'm sure it will come back though. I once threw mine out of the house in anger in the middle of the night because he kept me awake. I didn't see him for days, but eventually he returned. And he didn't wake me up as much after that either.

TitleTown088
11-11-2010, 11:17 AM

I have one right now. I like it, just not on the same level as a a dog.

Vikes99ej
11-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Cats are little assholes, but they can be cute.

Shane P. Hallam
11-11-2010, 11:44 AM
The Blazers will mourn their last minutes with Oden as well...

Forenci
11-11-2010, 11:56 AM
The Blazers will mourn their last minutes with Oden as well...

Unlikely since they still they have PRZYBILLS!

Shane P. Hallam
11-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Unlikely since they still they have PRZYBILLS!

He is no Galahad.

LizardState
11-11-2010, 12:05 PM

Keep them indoors instead, they live 2-3 times as long.

I let them into the back yd. from time to time, but gotta watch them. Coyotes come down from these hills & eat cats all the time, & a couple of wks. ago a hawk snatched one up & ate it about 4 blocks away. Those redtail hawks btw look pretty small when you see them flying or on fwy. lightposts or signs, but up close they're damn huge. One was eating a rabbit in the tree across the street & left nothing but the feet & the ears, scary.

JoeJoeBrown
11-11-2010, 12:11 PM

I let them into the back yd. from time to time, but gotta watch them. Coyotes come down from these hills & eat cats all the time, & a couple of wks. ago a hawk snatched one up & ate about 4 blocks away. Those redtail hawks btw look pretty small when yon seem them flying or on fwy. lightposts or signs, but up close they're damn huge. One was eating a rabbit in the tree across the street & left nothing but the feet & the ears, scary.

Yeah, hawks/falcons/eagles are all pretty freaky up close. Killing machines.

Coyotes are a huge problem here in the burbs of Austin as well.

Razor
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM

I let them into the back yd. from time to time, but gotta watch them. Coyotes come down from these hills & eat cats all the time, & a couple of wks. ago a hawk snatched one up & ate it about 4 blocks away. Those redtail hawks btw look pretty small when you see them flying or on fwy. lightposts or signs, but up close they're damn huge. One was eating a rabbit in the tree across the street & left nothing but the feet & the ears, scary.

First of all; I think animals should be able to be outside if they want to. My cat used to be out for days and catch mice, birds, ducks, you name it. I even saw him beat the living **** out of a dog once haha. Secondly; I don't live anywhere near any animals who are dangerous to cats so I don't have these kind of problems. Also, my cat lived to be 17 years old. That's fine by me, it's not natural to them to be much older than that. Keeping a cat inside is just mean, but I can see why you do it with the coyotes and such...

JoeJoeBrown
11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
First of all; I think animals should be able to be outside if they want to. My cat used to be out for days and catch mice, birds, ducks, you name it. I even saw him beat the living **** out of a dog once haha. Secondly; I don't live anywhere near any animals who are dangerous to cats so I don't have these kind of problems. Also, my cat lived to be 17 years old. That's fine by me, it's not natural to them to be much older than that. Keeping a cat inside is just mean, but I can see why you do it with the coyotes and such...

Yeah, it just depends on the hazards in a particular area and on the animal.

I tend to agree with the let it be free mentality as well.

I would have paid money to see your cat kill a duck.

Razor
11-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Haha, me too.. There is a bog close by where the locals ducks live. One morning while we were eating breakfast he came back soaked with a duck and ate everything except the head and the feet. It was hilarious.

DoughBoy
11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I've had my dog for 15 years and she is just now starting to slow down. Freak of nature, needless to say I'm going to cry like a baby when she goes. She has been my dog since Kindergarten.

JoeJoeBrown
11-11-2010, 01:22 PM
I've had my dog for 15 years and she is just now starting to slow down. Freak of nature, needless to say I'm going to cry like a baby when she goes. She has been my dog since Kindergarten.

15 years is a fantastically long time for a dog.

What breed? Mutt?

Babylon
11-11-2010, 01:23 PM

Whatever it is i aint watching it. I lost my 13 year old bassett hound Sophie a couple of years ago and it hurt more than some of the loses i experienced in the jungle. (strange as that may sound)

DoughBoy
11-11-2010, 01:26 PM
15 years is a fantastically long time for a dog.

What breed? Mutt?

Yeah, its a cross between a Akita and a German Sheppard.We found her in a cave in the smokey mountains when she was just a puppy.

RaiderNation
11-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I have a 14 year old dog right that still hasnt missed a beat. **** he knocked up one of my other dogs 2 years ago at 12. He is a weiner dog and they usually dont live past around 10 because of back problems but he is just a hog. Still goes on daily walks

vidae
11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
Losing my cat (Sidney) was the saddest I've ever been. When I was 11 I found him huddled outside in the snow freezing, so I snuck him inside and he was my best bud since then. He made it to 18. He was the greatest cat ever. Super affectionate and had a good heart. Just thinking about it is making me sad. :(

JoeJoeBrown
11-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Whatever it is i aint watching it. I lost my 13 year old bassett hound Sophie a couple of years ago and it hurt more than some of the loses i experienced in the jungle. (strange as that may sound)

It's not that strange. I bawled like a baby putting my dog down.

And I'm assuming you are talking about Vietnam.

A heartfelt thanks for your service.

Hollywood
11-11-2010, 05:28 PM
Cats are little assholes, but they can be cute.

pun intended?

http://teensexhub.net/files/2009/04/petite_teen_ass.jpg

ATLDirtyBirds
11-11-2010, 05:32 PM
When my dog goes, it will be the first time I ever cry.

eaglesalltheway
11-11-2010, 05:40 PM

Same with my 11 year old girl. Couldn't have asked for a better dog, its gonna suck when she goes...