PDA

View Full Version : Draft Targets

thule
03-20-2007, 03:17 PM
This is for reports on who Dallas has supposedly be in touch with. Please don't turn this into a who we want discussion...leave it for targets.

QB
Chad Henne, QB, Michigan

RB
Tashard Choice, RB, Georgia Tech
Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas
Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina
Kalvin McRae, RB, Ohio
Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas
Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
Anthony Alridge, RB, Houston
BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, Mississippi

WR
Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
Eddie Royal, WR, Virginia Tech
Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
Donnie Avery, WR, Houston

TE

OL
Chris Williams, OT/OG, Vandy

NT
Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M
DeMario Pressley, DT, NC State

DE
Chris Long, DE, Virginia Tech
Kendall Langford, DE, Hampton
Kentwan Balmer, DE, North Carolina
Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC

OLB
Curtis Johnson, DE/OLB, Clark Atlanta

ILB
Beau Bell, LB, UNLV
Jerod Mayo, LB, Tennessee

CB
Dominique Rogers-Cromartie
Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy
Charles Godfrey, DB, Iowa

S

QB
Toby Korrodi, QB, Central Missouri
Isaiah Stanback, QB, Washington
Jeff Ballard, QB, TCU

RB
Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida State
Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State
Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
Chris Henry, RB, Arizona

WR
Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
Aundrae Allison, WR, East Carolina
Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio State
Michael DePriest, WR, TCU
Quentily Harmon, WR, TCU

TE
Scott Chandler, TE, Iowa
Anthony Pudewell, TE, University of Nevada-Reno

OL
Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn
Justin Blalock, OG/OT, Texas
Allen Barbre, OL, Missouri Southern
Andy Alleman, OL, Akron
Samson Satele, C/OG, Hawaii
Herb Taylor, OT, TCU

OLB
Dan Bazuin, OLB, Central Michigan
Charles Johnson, OLB, Georgia
Jarvis Moss, OLB, Florida
Anthony Spencer, OLB, Purdue

ILB
Patrick Willis, ILB, Ole Miss

CB
Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
Usama Young, CB, Kent State
Tarell Brown, CB, Texas

S
Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
Michael Griffin, S, Texas
Melvin Bullitt, S, Texas A&M
Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami
Marvin White, S, TCU
Eric Buchanan, S, TCU

thule
02-28-2008, 04:14 AM
Back by MOTH Request...I'll just add a new year...post new players with links to source.

thule
02-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Henne = combine
DRC = combine
Royal = combine
Thomas = combine
Choice = http://dal.scout.com/2/722392.html

all can be found in nfldc archives...remember guys we need sources...D i'll be looking for your chris johnson source.

D-Unit
02-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Henne = combine
DRC = combine
Royal = combine
Thomas = combine
Choice = senior bowl

all can be found in nfldc archives...remember guys we need sources...D i'll be looking for your chris johnson source.
What? My word is cash money baby. ;) We spoke to him on at least 2 separate occassions at the Senior Bowl.

thule
02-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Red Bryant
http://dal.scout.com/2/730477.html

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2008, 04:25 AM
Tashard Choice? hmm...it would have been better if that was Boyd.

thule
02-28-2008, 04:26 AM
Darren McFadden
http://dal.scout.com/2/729200.html

D-Unit
02-28-2008, 04:28 AM
Tashard Choice? hmm...it would have been better if that was Boyd.
Yeah, not a fan of Choice at all. If we go McFadden and give up Barber in the process. My only console will be if we also add Boyd. Dmac and Boyd will make up for the loss of MB3.

thule
02-28-2008, 04:29 AM
Kendall Langford
http://dal.scout.com/2/724063.html

thule
02-28-2008, 04:31 AM
DeMario Pressley
http://dal.scout.com/2/723538.html

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2008, 04:31 AM
Kendall Langford
http://dal.scout.com/2/724063.html

Not surpised...we'll probably contact any DE that can play in a 3-4...there arent many. Langford is just a less polished and less talented version of Hatcher, though.

thule
02-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Chris Ellis
http://dal.scout.com/2/723003.html

thule
02-28-2008, 04:33 AM
Chris Johnson
http://dal.scout.com/2/722794.html

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Good work Thule. I knew some of these but, not all.

thule
02-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Limas Sweed
http://dal.scout.com/2/722684.html

thule
02-28-2008, 04:37 AM
Curtis Johnson
http://dal.scout.com/2/721670.html

D-Unit
02-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Limas Sweed
http://dal.scout.com/2/722684.html
Sweed still reminds me of TO.

M.O.T.H.
02-28-2008, 04:38 AM
Curtis Johnson
http://dal.scout.com/2/721670.html

niiiice....

thule
02-28-2008, 04:39 AM
I think I got everything caught up now....plz add if you have some.

LonghornsLegend
02-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Willis said he has traveled to meet with coaches and front-office executives from the Dallas Cowboys, who have the No. 22 pick in the first round, the Philadelphia Eagles (No. 26), the New England Patriots (No. 24), the Cincinnati Bengals (No. 18), and the Bills. He said he plans to visit at least three more teams this week.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/football/article/0,1406,KNS_321_5487316,00.html

He is the only ILB i would want... the only one but, we will never get him and we dont need him.

crazy to imagine if it had happened.

D-Unit
02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
crazy to imagine if it had happened.
It's ok. We got Zach now. ;)

fryman
03-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Cowboys | McRae interviews with team
Sun, 24 Feb 2008 11:18:06 -0800

KFFL has learned Ohio University RB Kalvin McRae has had talks with the Dallas Cowboys.

thule
03-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I know for a fact we talked to ben-jarvis green and mario manningham...but if anyone else has luck i'd like to look

bdlyons26
03-01-2008, 11:20 PM
CJohnson is fast by all means but he more afraid to take a hit then Reggie Bush and thats sad..... sorry to say hes not gonna be that great of an nfl back......

thule
03-01-2008, 11:22 PM
CJohnson is fast by all means but he more afraid to take a hit then Reggie Bush and thats sad..... sorry to say hes not gonna be that great of an nfl back......

anything to back up this statement? highlight..anything?

bdlyons26
03-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Nope i can't see the future to prove that he won't be a very good Nfl Rb................... jk jk well i do have a bit of proof which doesn't come too often so you better take advantage of it. I actually watched a majority of the WVU/ ECU game last year don't know why i didnt'n pay much attention to Johnson until the second half when he started getting yards against the WVU backups he ran for like 75 yards and about 65 of it was against the second string late in the game and he didnt' look very good. Ran from a several tackles in the first half went south on a couple occasions trying to make plays which is scary and he just didn't show a lot against and average WVU defense. I am also a Tulsa Golden Hurricane fan and try to watch any game they have on TV which isn't many. But the year before in 06 i listened to the Tulsa ECU game on Tulsa Radio and they murdered ECU and only gave up like 170 yards of total offense and i don't remember hearing Johnson doing anything great. Tulsas defense wasn't very good. So from the 2 games ive seen heard against not great defenses he didn't impress me much.

I may be wrong but i did predict that bush would be average and i loved how he ran from Texas tacklers the whole National Title Game. On the last drive when he could have cut in and picked up like 15 more yards he ran strait East away from a Texas CB it was funny as hell!

He just reminds me a lot of Bush that may be why im not to fond of him... i say if we even have our first rounders take F Jones or Charles in the Second.

bdlyons26
03-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Not much proof sorry and bad grammar...... sigh.......

NOSH
03-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Isn't a back supposed to run away from tacklers when they can OUTRUN them!!!!

LonghornsLegend
03-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Nope i can't see the future to prove that he won't be a very good Nfl Rb................... jk jk well i do have a bit of proof which doesn't come too often so you better take advantage of it. I actually watched a majority of the WVU/ ECU game last year don't know why i didnt'n pay much attention to Johnson until the second half when he started getting yards against the WVU backups he ran for like 75 yards and about 65 of it was against the second string late in the game and he didnt' look very good. Ran from a several tackles in the first half went south on a couple occasions trying to make plays which is scary and he just didn't show a lot against and average WVU defense. I am also a Tulsa Golden Hurricane fan and try to watch any game they have on TV which isn't many. But the year before in 06 i listened to the Tulsa ECU game on Tulsa Radio and they murdered ECU and only gave up like 170 yards of total offense and i don't remember hearing Johnson doing anything great. Tulsas defense wasn't very good. So from the 2 games ive seen heard against not great defenses he didn't impress me much.

I may be wrong but i did predict that bush would be average and i loved how he ran from Texas tacklers the whole National Title Game. On the last drive when he could have cut in and picked up like 15 more yards he ran strait East away from a Texas CB it was funny as hell!

He just reminds me a lot of Bush that may be why im not to fond of him... i say if we even have our first rounders take F Jones or Charles in the Second.

If Reggie Bush was in our offense he would be far from average, Reggie Bush is average because he was forced to be the main guy inside the tackles back every down, but when Duece was strong in that role and Bush was all over the place he was as dynamic as they come..Same for us, Imagine Bush lined up in slots, going in motion, catches passes in our offense with Barber to run between the tackles? Thats what we would ask of Chris Johnson, he's not going to be running between the tackles 20 times a game, he's going to be a guy the defense has to key in on and know where he is because of his speed...He's not going to be expected to come in and get 20 carries, or be a workhorse back to get short yardage for us, he has alot of brian westbrook in him and he's pretty damn good, I know Bush scares everyone now but not every fast rb is going to fail in the nfl.

bdlyons26
03-05-2008, 11:16 PM
True man it just scares me to take a guy like him.... he could be great he could bust but i guess that goes with anyone!

Paul
03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Courtesy of BTB
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

The Cowboys have invited potential first-round CB Antoine Cason (Arizona) and second-round LB Beau Bell (UNLV) to Valley Ranch for predraft visits, two of the 30 they are allowed to conduct at their facility. These are not to be workouts, but rather are set for interviews and physicals.

Also, Kansas CB Aqib Talib, a Richardson Berkner product, has been invited to visit in mid-April, and the rules are different for him. Because he's a local product, the team is allowed to work him out on-site and his presence will not count against the allotted 30 visits the team is granted.

FinChase
03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Courtesy of BTB
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

Good find!

Modano
03-12-2008, 03:32 AM
Do you remember if the players we drafted in the first rounds the last couple of years were all invited to Valley Ranch before the draft?

FinChase
03-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Do you remember if the players we drafted in the first rounds the last couple of years were all invited to Valley Ranch before the draft?

I remember hearing that Bobby Carpenter wasn't; the Micky Spagnola kept making a big deal about it on his show. I think Parcells was so set on having Carpenter that he didn't need to know any more about him. Not sure about any of the others. I think they tend to invite a lot of players from their board that they expect to possibly be available around the time they pick.

bdlyons26
03-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Draft Paul Smith........

kwilk103
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
from dallas morning-news

DRC coming to Dallas!

2:35 PM Wed, Mar 12, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Cowboys Blog favorite Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been scheduled in to pay a visit to Valley Ranch, for one of the team's allotted 30 in-house visits.

The Tennessee State CB, and combine star will arrive on April 16. We've gone over this before, but just to be clear, these are not workouts. They're interviews and physicals, and usually serve as the capper for a team trying to get to know a draft prospect better. We previously reported that Arizona CB Antoine Cason and UNLV ILB Beau Bell will be making similar visits.

I'd caution that these are used as smokescreens at times. And also note that these are, usually, more significant than the Cowboys bringing in area products like Kansas CB Aqib Talib for "Dallas Day", since there are limits on how many out-of-towners they can invite.

You can go here or here or here or here to see just how I've fallen for the kid. The rangy, 6-foot-2 DRC blazed an official time of 4.33 at the combine and is rising up draft boards faster than that.

Two years after the Cowboys passed up on his All-Pro cousin, Antonio Cromartie, it looks like the team is taking a serious look at making it up to the family. And I'm all for it!

thule
03-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Malcolm Kelly will be coming to dallas per the dmn blog

thule
03-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin

from dmn blog

MetSox17
03-19-2008, 09:45 AM
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin

from dmn blog

-sighs-
if only he could drop out of the top 10 so we could trade up for him

pocketaces
03-19-2008, 11:13 PM
Jamal Charles per DMN Blog

UTPATS
03-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I sure hope they like him...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Texas-running-back-Charles-will-visit-Cowboys?urn=nfl,72958

pocketaces
03-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Posted 3 days ago under Draft targets:p

D-Unit
03-22-2008, 12:44 PM
At least we're looking in the right direction.

UTPATS
03-22-2008, 12:51 PM
IMO, this deserved its own thread!

thule
03-22-2008, 03:45 PM
you sir are wrong

Paul
03-22-2008, 04:30 PM
IMO, this deserved its own thread!

Why would it? He's a 2nd round prospect, borderline late 1st rounder depending which board you are looking on. And If everyone wanted to be a homer and make a new thread for every player they currently have hard on for, this place would be littered with threads with 1 or 2 post. So no Jamaal Charles hardly deserves his own thread.

UTPATS
03-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Hmmm...alrighty then. A simple "no" would have worked just fine.

I just think its pretty pitiful that the draft threads have to overlap from year to year. Keeping them clean is one thing, but who wants to read through 30 pages to get to the 2008 stuff.

pocketaces
03-22-2008, 06:27 PM
See down there in the lower right corner? Just click on the last page and Presto, you have the latest posts. Pretty cool huh?

UTPATS
03-22-2008, 06:52 PM
That is very cool... but that doesn't mean I would have seen a post made several days ago, especailly on a thread that is frequently posted on.

Has anyone mentioned if Dallas is bringing in Allen Patrick?

fryman
03-24-2008, 07:08 PM
kffl-

Cowboys | Team to meet with Balmer
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:10:53 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with University of North Carolina DL Kentwan Balmer.

pocketaces
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Chris Williams...Gil Brandt of NFL.com reports that the Dallas Cowboys sent a two-person video crew to Vanderbilts' pro day to tape the workout of OT Chris Williams.

D-Unit
03-25-2008, 12:34 AM
kffl-

Cowboys | Team to meet with Balmer
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:10:53 -0700

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports the Dallas Cowboys will meet with University of North Carolina DL Kentwan Balmer.
That's someone who I'm afraid of them drafting.

thule
03-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Cowboys | Godfrey has visit scheduled
Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:19:08 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports University of Iowa CB Charles Godfrey is scheduled to visit with the Dallas Cowboys.

pocketaces
03-25-2008, 10:34 PM
03/25...Rashard Mendenhall...Adam Schefter of the NFL Network is reporting that Illinois HB Rashard Mendenhall has a private workout scheduled with the Carolina Panthers on Thursday, and has visits scheduled with the Bengals, Jets and Cowboys in the coming weeks.

pocketaces
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
We now have nine of the 30 allotted visits nailed down. They are as follows ...

UNLV ILB Beau Bell
Arizona CB Antoine Cason
Texas RB Jamaal Charles
Indiana WR James Hardy
Arkansas RB Felix Jones
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin
Indiana CB Tracy Porter
Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Per DMN Blog

Paul
03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I've been sleeping on Godfery for most of the season, but his workouts has been great lately, and you can't deny that size. He's not as polished as I would like, but he's definitely rising up on my boards. Though not in the 1st, as many people have been speculating lately on these boards. I still think that's abit to early for him.

leroyisgod
03-25-2008, 11:44 PM
I've been watching some highlights of Hardy and really like him a lot.

NJ_J_Witt_fan
03-26-2008, 01:59 PM
We now have nine of the 30 allotted visits nailed down. They are as follows ...

UNLV ILB Beau Bell
Arizona CB Antoine Cason
Texas RB Jamaal Charles
Indiana WR James Hardy
Arkansas RB Felix Jones
Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly
Troy CB Leodis McKelvin
Indiana CB Tracy Porter
Tennessee State CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

Per DMN Blog

James Hardy, Felix Jones, and Tracy Porter are all schedueled to arrive in Valley Ranch on april 16th.

via The Dallas Morning News

kwilk103
03-26-2008, 05:56 PM
Rivers has a private workout scheduled with Cowboys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboys | K. Rivers has private workout scheduled with team
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:46:34 -0700

Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers (ankle) has a private workout scheduled with the Dallas Cowboys.

As per KFFL.com

bobindallas
03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, I know Hardy is on the mind here but I would not mind skiping WR in rounds 1/2 if we could fetch Marcus Monk in the 4th. Just did a 4.45 in Arkansas and I think he can be as good as Hardy.

Thoughts?

bobindallas
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Rivers has a private workout scheduled with Cowboys
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cowboys | K. Rivers has private workout scheduled with team
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 14:46:34 -0700

Daniel Mogollon, of NFLDraftBible.com, reports University of Southern California LB Keith Rivers (ankle) has a private workout scheduled with the Dallas Cowboys.

As per KFFL.com

Wonderful player but still scratching my head over a 5'10 220lb ILB. This one would be even more bizarre.

KR is definately a 1st rounder and I don't think he gets past Tampa anyway.

LonghornsLegend
03-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Rivers is just part of us doing our job and evaluating talent at different positions, pretty much 0% chance of us ending up with him...I really like Godfrey but his pro day might shoot him up some now, he looks like a solid mid 2nd round guy now, worst case late 2nd...

I dont want anything to do with Kelly, Hardy would be nice, but the guys we have been choosing so far arent really a surprise...Maybe we can start to find a correlation between who we brought in last year for workouts and who we took and figure out where were leaning towards this year...

Have we officially talked to or invited McFadden for a workout yet?

thule
03-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Virginia Tech OT Duane Brown, Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers, Missouri WR Will Franklin, and Iowa CB Charles Godfrey are set to visit Valley Ranch in the next few weeks. These are four more of the 30 pre-draft visit alotted to each team.

from dmn blog

thule
03-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Southern Cal's Keith Rivers, who some believe can be an inside linebacker in a 3-4, and Texas A&M tight end Martellus Bennett are two of the recent names added to the visit list.

dmn blog

FinChase
03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
The Rivers visit baffles me. Why waste one of the 30 visits on a guy who probably won't be available when we draft and wouldn't fit our system if we did draft him. Maybe they're just blowing smoke, but I can't see any of the other teams buying it either.

bobindallas
03-27-2008, 09:35 AM
The Rivers visit baffles me. Why waste one of the 30 visits on a guy who probably won't be available when we draft and wouldn't fit our system if we did draft him. Maybe they're just blowing smoke, but I can't see any of the other teams buying it either.

I concur. Be happier if we called Goff in for a visit. I can see a third round ILB but taking a potential "Lance Briggs" type 4-3 OLB and sticking into a 3-4 ILB.

Funny enough though, I realize we are all talking similar names but I get this funking feeling we aren't going to get them. Just seems like all the names we like go in the middle of each round we are picking in. I hope this makes sense.

For example, we talk Hardy and Thomas at WR but most rate them early 2nd picks. One of the top three CBs in the first but they might be gone by 20. Top 3 RB ..... C. Johnson an early second.

Any thoughts?

pocketaces
03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I think we have alot of options. If the top 3 CB'S are gone we can go RB or WR at 22, then come back at 28 with a Cason or Flowers ect... It really depends on who drops. Its going to be a fun draft. Cant wait.:D

Burns336
03-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall and East Carolina RB Chris Johnson have been scheduled in to visit Valley Ranch during the third week of April.

Side note -- Where is the invite for Mike Jenkins? I don't like Flowers at all. He screams cover-2 to me. We need to get Jenkins in here, especially because there is a realistic chance that Talib, Mckelvin, and DRC will be the first 3 off the board. Jenkins could be sitting there at 22.

D-Unit
03-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Teams track where all players take their visits. Maybe there are teams that Dallas knows has interest in Keith Rivers and they want to fake them out.... either to force a team to draft Rivers early or tempt a team to trade up.

The games have begun. ....well... they began a long time ago actually.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Side note -- Where is the invite for Mike Jenkins? I don't like Flowers at all. He screams cover-2 to me. We need to get Jenkins in here, especially because there is a realistic chance that Talib, Mckelvin, and DRC will be the first 3 off the board. Jenkins could be sitting there at 22.

Smokescreen? act like we're uninterested

LonghornsLegend
03-27-2008, 02:16 PM

Sometimes I think alot of those visits are to just scout some of the best players, for instance Rivers is the best LB in this draft to some, if he ends up a stud in the NFL coaches, scouts and gms want to remember what it was they saw or liked about him, so when they are looking for a LB they will remember some of the positives they saw in Rivers that made him great...Also makes other teams seem like you are interested, so if we trade up for DMac or DRC teams wont really know for certain which direction were headed, but those are just personal assumptions because I dont believe Rivers is a possibility at all.

Illinois RB Rashard Mendenhall and East Carolina RB Chris Johnson have been scheduled in to visit Valley Ranch during the third week of April.

Im very excited to see Chris Johnson and Mendenhall get scheduled and Im with you wondering about Mike Jenkins...One possibility that I believe can happen is if we stand pat he could fall to us at 22 and granted I dont want him more then DRC id be happy with him at our early pick...But I love Brandon Flowers, I think he's a great cover 2 fit but I wouldnt limit him to just that, he's a perfect fit to play db in wade's scheme with how he likes to play...He can get in a wr's face and get physical with him off the line to throw off the timing of a route or come up in run support, Id be all for taking him at 28 if we do something with the earlier pick, because he's not worth #22.

thule
03-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Jenkins actually has a lot of knocks going around right now. I've been reading that most teams are starting to view him as a Safety prospect.

FinChase
03-28-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/549654.html

Invited for Dallas Day visits:

Justin Forsett
Joe John Finley
Brandon Foster
Hugh Charles
Terrence Wheatley
Josh Bell

LonghornsLegend
03-29-2008, 01:45 PM
Jenkins actually has a lot of knocks going around right now. I've been reading that most teams are starting to view him as a Safety prospect.

Even still we could use a CB/FS tweener on this team, I would trust a guy like him at safety more so then I would Henry, and he's still a very athletic guy...Id be fine with him having a Jimmy Williams type role with us at either of our picks because I think thats where his stock is right now anyway.

Modano
03-29-2008, 02:05 PM
We're showing some interest in Godfrey. I've heard some guys saying that he could sneak into the first round, considering his good 40 time. Do you think he is a possibility at #28?

TitleTown088
03-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Apparently this is the cowboys big board.........??? Ha

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6846/draftboardky0.jpg

1. Rodgers-Cromartie, Tenn State
2. McKelvin, Troy
3. Phillips, Miami
4. Jenkins, South Florida
5. Talib, Kansas
6. T. Johnson, Arkansas State
7. Godfrey, Iowa

thule
03-30-2008, 10:24 PM
your way out of the loop...this was over 2 weeks ago

TitleTown088
03-30-2008, 10:32 PM
your way out of the loop...this was over 2 weeks ago

Really? I guess I don't follow " Americas team" closely enough.

thule
03-30-2008, 10:36 PM
there were over 3 or 4 threads that i remember 2 of which were here...and other ones were in the nfl thread and 2008 draft thread....:P

MetSox17
03-30-2008, 10:36 PM

lol yeah, there's a thread in the draft forum. a lengthy one as well

Burns336
03-31-2008, 12:51 AM

you'll get a heavy dose in GB this year.

pocketaces
04-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Houston WR Donnie Avery ran a 4.34 and a 4.35 forty time, recorded a 37 " vertical jump, a 3.91 (20 yard) short shuttle, a 10'6" long jump, and a 6.30 3-cone drill at his pro day workout on Monday...Avery's performance in the position drills was reportedly outstanding...18 NFL teams were present at the workout, including representatives from the Niners, Cowboys, Texans, Saints and Titans.

FinChase
04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Houston WR Donnie Avery ran a 4.34 and a 4.35 forty time, recorded a 37 " vertical jump, a 3.91 (20 yard) short shuttle, a 10'6" long jump, and a 6.30 3-cone drill at his pro day workout on Monday...Avery's performance in the position drills was reportedly outstanding...18 NFL teams were present at the workout, including representatives from the Niners, Cowboys, Texans, Saints and Titans.

In size and speed he's practically a Terry Glenn clone. He might not be the true #1 of our future, but he'd sure stretch the field right now.

thule
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Cowboys | Team observes L. Jackson take part in linebacker drills
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:20:24 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports the Dallas Cowboys observed Southern California DL Lawrence Jackson take part in linebacker position drills at his Pro Day.

kffl.com

thule
04-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Cleveland Browns bring Tennessee linebacker in for visit
Posted by Mary Kay Cabot, Plain Dealer Reporter April 04, 2008 09:57AM

Tennessee inside linebacker Jerod Mayo is making a pre-draft visit to the Browns today, his agent Sean Kiernan said in an e-mail.

Mayo, the second-best inside linebacker in the draft according to *************.com, is the second inside backer to visit the Browns this week. The first was Beau Bell, a former teammate of cornerback Eric Wright at UNLV.

Some draft experts, including Mel Kiper Jr., project Mayo to be a first-round pick, meaning the Browns would have to trade up to select him. Their first pick this year isn't until the fourth round, and although Browns General Manager Phil Savage has said it's unlikely the Browns could move up to the first round, he hasn't ruled out dealing his way into the second or third.

Mayo was quoted recently as saying he chose Tennessee because "the only way to be the best was to play the best, and the SEC provided that opportunity."

Mayo led the SEC in 2007 with 140 tackles, and was a consensus first team, all-SEC selection and All-American honorable mention. He was a three-year starter on a defense that ranked eighth nationally in 2007.

The 6-1, 242-pound Mayo dazzled scouts at the NFL Combine with his 4.52 time in the 40 and climbed to the top tier of inside linebackers in this draft, despite coming out as a junior.

In addition to his trip to Cleveland, Mayo will visit Pittsburgh, Detroit, New Orleans, Atlanta, St. Louis, Dallas, the New York Jets and Buffalo.

-- Mary Kay Cabot

http://blog.cleveland.com/spor...ng_tenness.html

MetSox17
04-05-2008, 02:52 PM
lol whyyyy lord why?!?!

I think i would seriously be past the point of being mad
and just laugh if they took Jerod Mayo with one of the
first round picks.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Mayo is a hell of a player and I'd Love him in Dallas, but it's just that we have a million inside 'backers already that would make it a bad pick

MetSox17
04-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Mayo is a hell of a player and I'd Love him in Dallas, but it's just that we have a million inside 'backers already that would make it a bad pick

Sure, i wouldnt mind him in Dallas if we hadnt already spent four 1st round picks, a 2nd rounder and a 4th in the corps we already have. Think about that for a second. How many teams do that in one position? Granted you start 4 in the 3-4, but jesus, that's ridiculous.

LonghornsLegend
04-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Give me him over DeSean Jackson all day...He could be a perfect #2 deep threat for us to really spread the field.

MetSox17
04-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Give me him over DeSean Jackson all day...He could be a perfect #2 deep threat for us to really spread the field.

Yep. Anywhere outside of the first day though for me.