PDA

View Full Version : 2011 OAK Draft Discussion

Black Bolt
10-27-2010, 12:58 PM
I love Jack Kirkpatrick of TCU. I see him as a prototype C. Anyone thing that UNC's Greg Little would be a good 2nd round pick? Too high? And Mike Pouncey should be available as a OG now that he has proven he is not a C.

_YL_
10-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.

Black Bolt
10-28-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't think OG will get looked at I think there gonna go into next season thinking Bruce Campbell can compete for the job and win it.Center should be number 1 on the priority list.And WR why go threw the draft and get one unless a talent like Baldwin,Jones,Floyd,Green fall,when there is gonna be such talent available threw FA which they can get and there proven this team dosen't need another rookie WR they need a Vet WR.

Ultimately, I think BC takes the RT job. I can see him playing OG, but with his long arms and atheticism, he's a OT. We would be better served filling both C and RG long term as we have a OT.

RaiderNation
10-28-2010, 01:56 PM
I think C is our biggest need as of now and maybe RT/RG depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell long term. Also CB needs to be addressed and I could see us drafting a DT early too to get younger

Oaktown1981
11-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I agree with Center that should be #1
Looks like Cable wants Campbell to play RG I bet he could play RT.. If they keep him at RG then RT is a need
This team needs a vet WR
CB and OLB

thenewfeature06
11-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Discuss team needs, and players that are rising on your boards ...

As of now.. OL,DL,WLB,CB and QB are main needs

O'Dowd is pretty much top of the list with guys like Pouncey,Wisniewski right with him. Maybe Robert Quinn falls to us! Epic. Jerrelle Powe?

RaiderNation
11-18-2010, 07:07 PM
C, RG/RT, CB, OLB, DL, QB. Those are all the needs I think we could address. Maybe add in a 3rd TE but I vet could be signed for that. Wisniewski and O'Dowd are the guys I want to target at C. I think Pouncey is more of a OG. Maybe a guy like Marcus Cannon would work for us at RG/RT depending on what we do with Bruce Campbell.

Of course I fully support drafting Cameron Newton if there. Could step in and be a weapon in a wildcat formation day 1 and eventually be our starter 2 years down the road with Hue Jackson coaching him up

thenewfeature06
11-18-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah I like the idea of going OL first depending on who is there maybe even John Moffit from Wisconsin who I like. If Cam is the best QB available there which we probably will be I wouldn't be opposed to pulling the trigger, would rather get him in the 3rd but doubt that he falls.

Oaktown1981
11-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Center
Right Tackle

I think should be the top needs.

Raiders need to bring in a vet WR

I'm not sure where to rank OLB. Marshall likes to use Mike Mitchell at that spot. Most of the time Oak is in their nickle defense to begin with. I don't see them drafting a LB early in the draft.

QB is def a possibility

NT

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-18-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm hoping its O'Dowd or Wisneiwski in the 2nd but I think Jake Locker is the darkhorse canidate.

thenewfeature06
11-18-2010, 11:13 PM
If Locker is there in the 2nd.. I wouldn't hesitate tbh. He hasn't had the greatest year but Washington blows. Then in the 3rd get somebody like John Moffitt from Wisconsin to play guard.

LookItsAlDavis
11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?

thenewfeature06
11-19-2010, 09:44 PM
What about Pat Devlin in the 3rd or 4th?

I don't really know much about him aside from him going to Delaware.. on wiki it says he was a PSU transfer has good size for a QB not great size. I like a couple guys ahead of him like Foles and Stanzi but if he is there in the 4th.. sure.

_YL_
11-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Is there still room on the Cam Newton bandwagon if so I wanna hop on.

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.

NIN1984
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Al Davis will fall for Newton or Mallet. Both are his type of QBs and its pretty clear this team isn't going to playoffs with its current QB situation.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-22-2010, 12:54 PM

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.

thenewfeature06
11-22-2010, 10:20 PM

We have a really good run game no doubt about that but we saw what a great defense can do to a really good rushing game yesterday we need a QB that can throw the ball and Newton can certainly do that and it doesn't hurt that he is gifted with his legs also.

Clearly if we had a first I wouldn't risk it.. a 2nd is more worth it. However, depending on what is left on the board like Carimi? Pouncey? Sherrod.. even O'Dowd, I would rather have us go that way. If Cam is still there in the 3rd then I like it more of course.

11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
O'Dowd and Pouncey (as a guard) are the two guys that I'd love for us to target in the second round.

RaiderNation
11-23-2010, 02:24 PM
2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.

NotRickJames
11-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Just say no to Cam Newton.

I'd rather have Enderle in a later round, or Locker if he plummets to us round two.

You bring up an interesting point though. On one hand, Newton screams Al Davis draft pick. On the other hand, drafting him would pretty much signify Al's given up on Campbell - and I doubt Al is going to give up on him just after this season.

thenewfeature06
11-23-2010, 07:10 PM
2 Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
A talent Al Davis simply will not pass up if there. Gradkowski and Campbell arent our future but are good for the situation now. Newton can learn from Hue Jackson and still help by having a wildcat type offence for him to run. Him DMC and Bush in the backfield together will be nasty

3 John Moffitt C/G Wisconsin
Versitile linemen at 6'5 320lbs. Helps Wisconsin be one of the best running offenses in the nation the past few years. Can replace Satele/Carlisle depending on what we do with F/A and Bruce Campbell.

4 Chykie Brown CB Texas
We are going to need CB depth now with Nnamdi, CJ and Routt getting older. Brown has size at 6'0 190lbs with 4.4 speed.

I mean it isn't a bad draft tbh.. but I would still go line first. Moffitt is a grader on the inside and CB depth is also a potential need depending on how Ware and Walter work out. O and Locker won't fall to us, I didn't see Clausen dropping last year but he did. Locker in round 2 is hard to imagine but if so Id be pretty happy, as long as we go OL in the 3rd or 4th.

Edit- And if you guys had to choose between Ponder or Kerrigan who would it be? 2nd round of course

_YL_
11-23-2010, 07:41 PM
What makes you think that?He hasn't even started a full season and hes barely thrown the ball over 200 times in his college career.Thats certainly not alot to say that he looks like he could be a good passer in the NFL. Raw athletic ability doesnt always translate.Hes only been relied upon to throw the ball more than run it 4 out of 11 games this year.Hes a major project at best IMO.

I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
Chaz-Always hurt
Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
DHB-nuff said

thenewfeature06
11-23-2010, 07:45 PM
I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.He is a work in progress but with Hue Jackson he can mold him just the way he wants to and can work with him.Is there even a chance that he will be there when we pick in the second round doubt full but if he was there I would take him in a heartbeat.He is more athletic then Vice Young was and has a better throwing motion then him.Like I said before I think this is really much of nothing I don't think Oakland has any chance to get him.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB's

But Oakland needs to pray and hope one of the top 4 WR's cause our WR's suck ass plain and simple.
Chaz-Always hurt
Murphy-Plays hard but hands are very questionable not really count on him and sometimes he runs his mouth to much and doesn't just play
DHB-nuff said

I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.

EvilNixon
11-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Cam Newton go in the top 10..Too much talent and the production to match.

Obviously O-line is a huge issue. C/RG/RT need upgrades.

CB depth is big too

_YL_
11-23-2010, 08:12 PM
I did forgot a little that we brought in Hue, who is a great QB coach from what I know living in MD. Newton is more likely to fall rather than Mallett but it could pay off. I also think WR is a need, we did just draft DHB who is coming along? Murphy can play slot in the NFL imo but still isn't as explosive as Percy.. If Floyd is there. Yes.

That's it it's all words and storys with DHB never production on the field with him besides the Seattle game,And quit frankly getting really tired of him too.In the perfect world Floyd would fall but very unlikely Oakland best choice would most likely be FA Moss,Holmes,Sims-Walker,Driver,Jones,Edwards,Breaston,Malcolm Floyd,Naanee,Clayton.

Not all of them will hit the market but a handfull of them will and will be a excellent pick

11-23-2010, 08:28 PM
I would do dirty things for us to draft Ronald Johnson in the third round. I think there's a good possibility he'll be there, too. He has that deep speed that we can't get enough of. I also wouldn't mind a bigger target like Terrance Tolliver and Austin Pettis. The team is looking to infuse young players from "winning" backgrounds, and based on their teams' successes this season, the latter two players appear to fit that mantra. Pettis, in particular, is a team captain and special teams ace, which can only add to his value in our coaching staff's eyes. At the end of the day we'll see if something like that would be enough to sway from Al's comfort zone.

Stash
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM
I hope we take either DT or O-line in the 2nd, whichever one has the BPA and then take the other in the 3rd. Those have been our biggest problems for years. Even with Seymour and Kelly playing well right now, we need some youth at DT. Other than that, I hope we target a CB and an OLB for depth.

I really hope we stay away from Newton/Locker types. They are guys with all the physical tools but look like projects at the next level. I also don't think we need to draft a WR. Our current core hasn't produced much lately, but just remember Campbell has been the QB for the vast majority of that time and he rarely throws the ball to his WR's. The last time Bruce was healthy and starting, the WR's looked pretty good. Maybe sign a solid vet, but I don't think it needs to be one of the big names.

11-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Whether we like it or not, Al will draft a receiver in the first four rounds of this draft. It's not a matter of if, but who?

thenewfeature06
11-23-2010, 09:34 PM
It will be Greg "Thug" Little... lol no but seriously I think he CAN be good but not sure if he has the mental toughness to play in the NFL.

EvilNixon
11-24-2010, 07:20 PM
If Locker or Newton is there, we have to pull the trigger. we have nothing to look forward to at QB. I, like everyone here, loves Bruce, but he can't stay healthy. If we can get some guy with a bright future and let him sit behind Bruce and Campbell, maybe after next year we have our franchise QB and the rebuilding process is nearly complete.

Raider_fan_Canada
11-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Not having a 1st round pick I think it would be a perfect time to upgrade the Center position. I would rather have a true #1 WR but if our first pick comes in the middle of the 2nd round chances are slim. That said a quality starter center for the next couple years could be found in that range. That position has been a mess ever since Barret Robbins lost his head....

I dont know exactly who it could be, but I want a tough, durable, reliable, strong and smart guy. Somebody with a lot of experience who was a leader on his college and HS teams.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Thread sticky and merge.

SwagU
11-28-2010, 03:04 PM
O-line is definitely the way to go. I really would like to see Bruce Campbell start next year. Though C is definitely a huge need, and depending where Campbell ends up playing RT/RG should also be adressed. One thing we need is another shutdown corner. I ain't confident in CJ or Routt across from Nnamdi. Bringing in another shutdown guy would be huge for our defense.

I personally would love to have Newton, but I really doubt he does drop to the 2nd.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM
I have watched my share of Auburn games and seen him make some really nice throws that showed the touch and the ability to throw the ball.thats merely a matter of opinion I've seen him make some weak throws and some good throws but the fact is hes hardly thrown the ball much during his college career so the scouts don't have alot that they can judge on.Hes also in an offense that uses the pass in order to suprise its opponents.Its fairly easy to say though that he does have alot of potential. Lets not pretend that this organization is run like most others this is Al Davis in charge and to think that Cables job will be safe for a couple more seasons is a mistake. Putting a raw QB who needs time to develop in a situation where the coaching staff,schemes,and everything else change pretty easily isn't a good idea. Newton in Oakland seems like a oil and water situation to me.But you have to admit Newton and Mallett are Al Davis type QB'sThats great for a mock draft. It doesn't support your argument.

_YL_
11-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Argument no opinion yes,

But Can I please get a real QB please,I would literally do anything to get A.Luck or trade whatever needed for K.Kolb.

EvilNixon
11-28-2010, 06:00 PM
Kolb is intriguing, but they will want a king's ransom for him.

_YL_
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Don't see them wanting no more then what Houston gave to Atlanta.from what I see

Luck
Newton
Mallett

in that order we have a shot to J.Locker.

RaiderNation
11-28-2010, 06:12 PM
Locker, Ponder or Newton in the 2nd sounds just about right

SwagU
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
Im all for Newton or Locker. With our O-line still not established yet it benefits our offense way more to have a QB that can escape the rush. Newton would offer up some more playcall options. Designed QB runs FTW!!!!

11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Im all for Newton or Locker. With our O-line still not established yet it benefits our offense way more to have a QB that can escape the rush. Newton would offer up some more playcall options. Designed QB runs FTW!!!!

That's not gonna fly in the NFL. I doubt we get a shot at either, to be honest here. Newton is destined for the top 10, and Locker for the top 20.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Someone like Nick Foles is far more likely. That said, if Luck and Newton come out, some QB will probably fall into the late 1st or farther. I kinda doubt we see 4 QB's go top 20.

11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Someone like Nick Foles is far more likely. That said, if Luck and Newton come out, some QB will probably fall into the late 1st or farther. I kinda doubt we see 4 QB's go top 20.

I'm a big fan of Foles. He's got the intangibles that I look for in a QB, to go with the cannon for an arm. I'd even settle for someone like Stanzi in the third or fourth round.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-28-2010, 06:32 PM
I'd much rather snag a center in the 2nd and try and get a vet QB, but it depends on who becomes available. Maybe Denver is stupid and lets Orton walk. I'd love to get him on this offense.

11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Orton behind our offensive line would be a joke.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Because some other QB or a rookie QB would be better behind the line, correct?

11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
This is where we probably have to take two steps back to take one giant leap forward as a franchise. Drafting a dual-threat QB in the mold of Newton or Locker (one of which you suggested might be available in the latter portion of the first round) would be most ideal. I'm really liking Foles, though. He's got a quick release, reminiscent of a Philip Rivers. The prospects of him being available actually has me really excited.

doingthisinsteadofwork
11-28-2010, 07:25 PM
It doesn't have to be a dual threat QB the oline is far from great but they have some pieces to the puzzle.

NotRickJames
11-28-2010, 07:26 PM
Cam Newton - please no. Project player with horrible mechanics. Needs serious work. I'd take Mallet, Enderle, Devlin (in a later round) or even Locker over him.

11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
It doesn't have to be a dual threat QB the oline is far from great but they have some pieces to the puzzle.

We need someone who can do work outside the pocket, because the interior of our line is dog ****. Where are we going to find these upgrades, besides investing in high draft picks? It's not an issue that is practical to fix this offseason. It'll probably take an offseason or two, perhaps as well as the possibility of a coaching change, to feasibly address the issue(s).

_YL_
11-29-2010, 03:06 AM
I believe if Cable gets the axe and Hue takes over you will see Campbell move back to his more natural position in OT.I dont care if we get our qb threw the draft,fa,or a trade we just need one bad.I would love to get Orton if the Broncos are stupid enough to let him go and then focus on the offense line with a new center and maybe a wr

RaiderNation
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Orten, Palmer, Kolb or McNabb are all QB's that are starting caliber that can be on the move this off season

11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Am I crazy for wanting Kolb? He's got good mobility to go along with his high football IQ, and he's on the verge of entering his prime. Those young, quality QBs rarely ever hit the open market.

EvilNixon
11-29-2010, 01:16 PM
PHI fans don't seem to be high on him....I'm definitely intrigued though.

Paranoidmoonduck
11-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Am I crazy for wanting Kolb? He's got good mobility to go along with his high football IQ, and he's on the verge of entering his prime. Those young, quality QBs rarely ever hit the open market.

I'm not convinced of any of that middle sentence (besides the mobility part), but that's not because he's been terrible, just because what we've seen of him has been really inconclusive.

By the way, Kolb isn't set to hit the open market. He's signed through 2011 and considering he cost Philly $10+ million to sit on the bench this year, they're not going to trade him for cheap. Would he be worth trading our 2nd pick + more? I'm not so sure.

I'd rather go after a QB that could have a lower asking price (Fitzgerald?) or throw money at a QB on the open market (Orton?) than risk a bunch on Kolb. If someone like Hue Jackson was sold, I'd likely get on board rather quickly.

Let's stop talking about getting a QB while assuming no improvement to the offensive line will happen. Oakland was apparently closely considering interior o-line with their 1st round pick last April and the need hasn't alleviated at all. I'd be shocked if a move isn't made to help that offensive line.

RaiderNation
11-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Kolb has the most potential to be a star for us, instead of the other options who are more on the downside of their careers.

RaiderNation
11-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Another QB that hasnt be mentioned is Jimmy Clausen. Carolina has the 1st pick right now and it would seem to much for them to pass on Luck. So we could get Clausen on the cheap for maybe a 4th round pick

Paranoidmoonduck
11-29-2010, 09:16 PM
No way Carolina takes a two round drop on Clausen's value after just his rookie year. I know this seems dramatic, but QB's are expensive. Kolb would cost us the value of a 1st round pick and Clausen would at least cost the value of a 2nd rounder.

NotRickJames
11-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Clausen would be decent if he could learn to put some velocity on his throws....oh so many tipped passes.

RaiderNation
11-30-2010, 04:00 PM
For the oline, I think we are close to have a real solid 5 guys. Veldheer and Gallery have played very good this year next to each other, and Langston Walker too has been a surprise to me. C is a must in the 2nd unless a QB drops to us, and I think we can replace Carlisle in F/A. Maybe even see what Bruce Campbell can do before? Id love to see him get a few starts here at the end of the year at RG and RT. See what the kid can do after a season to learn

NotRickJames
12-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Ya, it's Bruce Campbell time. He's got talent and he can't be worse than Carlisle.

WR needs to be addressed this off-season, but I'd much rather go get a proven vet than another young receiver. God bless Chaz, but I'm done waiting on him. If he can get his stuff together, great - but I'm not holding out on addressing the position just because it might finally be his year.

I'd love to get Malcolm Floyd if the Chargers can't get him re-signed.

_YL_
12-01-2010, 01:16 AM
As long as Cable is HC Campbell will never see the time of day this year well maybe the last game if he is lucky Cable is in no hurry to make switches on that offense line.

thenewfeature06
12-01-2010, 10:59 AM
It will be intriguing to see what Denver does with the QB position. They couldn't have expected this performance from Orton as far as numbers.. do they still let him go? Im hoping.. I would prefer him over Campbell, but we would need to draft line for Orton to have any sort of time. We do need a marquee QB in order to get places, lets be honest only a handful of teams have dominated defensively enough to win a superbowl. Our defense has some holes but has definitely improved.

WR is also a need and what about Steve Smith from the NYG.. do they still resign him even with Nicks and Manningham? Probably but if not Id love to scoop him up.. Santonio will get an extension.. he has been clutch this year. I would like Floyd as well as Breaston but they could be resigned. O and a big no to Braylon.

RaiderNation
12-01-2010, 02:27 PM
The Orton situation seems perfect for us, almost Rich Gannon like. We get a quality QB from a rival that still has alot of good years left and will finally give us some stability at QB hopefully. Orton knows how to be a game manager but also can win us games throwing. I really hope things work out for us

EvilNixon
12-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd much rather have a young stud that can be a long term solution...if not this year, then wait till next when we do have a 1st round pick.

2k posts =DDDD

RaiderNation
12-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Also the vet WR we need... could we go after Terrell Owens? He has shown he has something left this year

Paranoidmoonduck
12-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I'd much rather have a young stud that can be a long term solution...if not this year, then wait till next when we do have a 1st round pick.

I'd rather not wait a whole 'nother season for the team to field a half-decent quarterback. That said, I just realized Orton is payed through 2011, so we'd have to trade for him too.

Maybe Vick tries to hit the open market?

Also the vet WR we need... could we go after Terrell Owens? He has shown he has something left this year

I think that we didn't get Owens when everyone on the receiving corps was hurt and he was cheap, we won't ever go after him. The offseason is the worst time for Oakland to pursue a vet wideout because, on paper, Oakland has a very talented group of guys. In reality those guys are almost never all healthy at the same time, but that won't be apparent when there's no games to play.

There's going to be some WR talent out there, but I don't think Oakland makes a big move.

_YL_
12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm hoping the new head coach gives Campbell a shot at rt and sign a vet rt as insurance and go after a center or rg threw the draft.

RaiderNation
12-01-2010, 04:35 PM
We already have a starter at RG in Langston Walker IMO. Just need to find/wait for a RT

_YL_
12-02-2010, 01:50 AM
Ehh Walker would be my last option at RG for us.We all want a QB epically me who has complained about it but in reality we are 90 percent sure to stick with Campbell for another year seeing how we don't have a first round pick the demand for QB is big so they won't fall likely.We don't have a lot if any trade pieces to even trade for one,FA aside for Orton is crappy.So we really just have to go after FA and attack it with Offense line players maybe a WR and go into the draft and do the same thing.Were gonna have Campbell back surround him the best we can with wr's and a offense line that can block go after a WR or two.if one thing the Raiders should know by now is that they can't count on Chaz and Bey and should go after someone that they can count on.Bey is a lost cause and I would really consider cutting ties with him along with Chaz.

Walker would be good depth but we need to really revamp that right side with a mixture of rookie and vet.For the first time in years the talent will be there in FA for offense line it's just up the the Raiders to go out and get the right people and I think they will cause leading up the last year draft they wanted a offense lineman but didn't happen they wanted to sign B. Williams from Cincy but didn't go threw.

Black Bolt
12-05-2010, 06:15 PM
are not better than Campbell so don't fool yourselves. Kolb? You must be kidding. What exactly makes him better?

Listen to me. CAMPBELL CAN PLAY. Not saying he is the future, but he is the now so stop acting like the QB situation is dire. We roll with Campbell, beef up the O-line and pick a developmental type QB later in the draft. I think Kaepernick is a great prospect to bring along in the 4th round.

RaiderNation
12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
I agree Campbell can play and I think we will let him next year and so on. But we still need to get a young guy behind him so drafting a guy pretty early needs to happen. Either 2nd or 3rd sounds good. Maybe we trade down like he have in the last few drafts in the 2nd and get another 3rd so we can address other areas early. Something like...

2nd Kris O'Dowd C USC/ Mike Pouncey OG Florida/ Gabe Camiri OT Wisconsin
3 Christian Ponder QB Florida State/ Jalil Brown CB Colorado/ OG/C John Moffit Wisconsin

Drafting players like them would be great help to our team. All except Ponder could contribute right away for us IMO, replace Satele and/or Carlisle or give us a young 3rd CB that can help too.

Black Bolt
12-06-2010, 09:47 AM
I agree Campbell can play and I think we will let him next year and so on. But we still need to get a young guy behind him so drafting a guy pretty early needs to happen. Either 2nd or 3rd sounds good. Maybe we trade down like he have in the last few drafts in the 2nd and get another 3rd so we can address other areas early. Something like...

2nd Kris O'Dowd C USC/ Mike Pouncey OG Florida/ Gabe Camiri OT Wisconsin
3 Christian Ponder QB Florida State/ Jalil Brown CB Colorado/ OG/C John Moffit Wisconsin

Drafting players like them would be great help to our team. All except Ponder could contribute right away for us IMO, replace Satele and/or Carlisle or give us a young 3rd CB that can help too.

I and a VA Tech grad and I watch the ACC like a hawk. I'm telling you, Ponder will not be anything in the NFL. He is Drew Stanton. You like his athleticism, but that's really all he has going for him. I would NEVER waste a high pick on him. He will need some serious time to develop if he is to make anything of himself. This is not a deep QB class to begin with, so look at the developmental types and pick one in the mid to late rounds.

thenewfeature06
12-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I think Tyron Smith could be a legitimate option if his stock stays where it is now, he has been rising a little recently and if he is there in the 2nd or 3rd I wouldn't mind a guy like him to battle it out with our other guys.

SwagU
12-06-2010, 08:53 PM
A QB I really like and would love to take for our QB in development is Pat Devlin from Delaware. I know he faces Div two talent, but he has some great tools and reminds me alot of another Delaware alum Joe Flacco. Devlin is projected currently in the 3rd round, which I feel would be a perfect time to take a QB.

RaiderNation
12-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Heres what Ive done in the forum mock thats going on....
Draft: 2nd Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
Trade: 3rd for OT Bryant McKinnie
4th for QB Jimmy Clausen

I think this would add so much to our offence if this happened. McKinnie is a legit starter at LT and we would likely move him to RT and Walker inside to RG. Floyd is a top 25 player in this draft IMO and was too much to pass up. He is a upgrade over DHB and Murphy right now. Got Clausen on the cheap, let him sit behind Campbell for a season to learn after getting alot of experience this year at Carolina.

RaiderNation
12-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Draft Picks:
2nd Round, #46: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
5th Round, #142: Alex Linnenkohl C Oregon State

Trades:
Oakland receives:
QB Jimmy Clausen

Carolina receives:
LB Thomas Howard
Pick #110

Vikings Give:
OT Bryant McKinnie
#148 Overall

Raiders Give:
#78 Overall
#142 Overall

My Review:: I think I really helped out our offence in this draft. McKinnie is still an above average starter in this league and is only 31. Getting him to play RT will help us alot and lets us slide Langston Walker to RG to replace Carlisle who sucks. Michael Floyd was too much value to pass up in the 2nd. I have him as a top 20 prospect right now and getting him to go along with DHB, Ford and Murphy will give us 4 young talented guys to build around. I like the Clausen trade I ended up accepting as well. Clausen is in a bad situation right now in Carolina and was not close to being able to start. I had Clausen as a top 10 pick last year and trading my 4th and Thomas Howard who is just a back up for us now was too much to pass up. In the 5th drafting Alex Linnenkohl is another good value pick, he is seen as a 4th round prospect by alot of guys right now. Satele will likely be the starter over him for 1 more year then we will see what he can do for us.

RaiderNation
12-28-2010, 08:04 PM
2nd: Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
The type of athlete Al looks for and he is actually a football player. Could start over Routt possibly or be a back up

3rd: Kris O'Dowd C USC
Could end up being our 2nd round pick,but I will play it safe. O'Dowd when healthy is a NFL starting center in this league. At 6'5 300lbs he has the size to hang with the 3-4 NT's.

4th: Greg Romeus DE Pittsburgh
Probably would have been a 2nd rounder but the injury really hurts him. Take a chance in the 4th on him and might end up getting a player that can make a real impact in our rotation

5th: Andrew Jackson OL Fresno State
He might end up being a 3rd/4th pick but if he is there Id take him. Seems like a guy who can be a OT or OG depending on the team.

6th:Special Teams
7th:Special Teams

Donno
12-29-2010, 01:21 PM
If we some how can pick up Jimmy Smith or Kris O'Dowd with our 2nd rounder Id jizz everywhere. Both in the 2nd and 3rd I don't even know what Id do.

MizzouBig12
12-29-2010, 02:22 PM
I say, CAM NEWTON!!! :wink:

(I had to add the wink, so I wouldn't necessarily be neg-repped to death!)

RaiderNation
12-29-2010, 04:49 PM
Id support Cam as the pick 100% as long as Hue Jackson stays here for as long as Cam is here. I think he could make Cam into a real good QB, and still get him on the field early as well in packages with him, DMC and Bush in the back field. It would be..... SWEEEEEET

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-30-2010, 02:07 PM
Is Nnamdi gone am I missing something?We have one of the best CB duos in the league.Why draft a CB that high?

RaiderNation
12-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Is Nnamdi gone am I missing something?We have one of the best CB duos in the league.Why draft a CB that high?

We have one of the best(IMO the best) CB in Nnamdi, but Routt is servicable. We need playmakers in the secondary, we only have 10 ints and the leaders are Huff and Johnson with 2. I think drafting a CB in the 2nd/3rd for the future is a good idea and the player will make more of a impact as the 3rd CB than Chris Johnson has.

NotRickJames
12-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Cam Newton isn't going to be anywhere near our second round pick....thankfully.

Meh, no thanks to Michael Floyd. Carbon copy of Chaz, including an injury history. I'm a Notre Dame fan, so I want to have him.....but I can't look past his similarities to Chaz.

doingthisinsteadofwork
12-30-2010, 06:20 PM
We have one of the best(IMO the best) CB in Nnamdi, but Routt is servicable. We need playmakers in the secondary, we only have 10 ints and the leaders are Huff and Johnson with 2. I think drafting a CB in the 2nd/3rd for the future is a good idea and the player will make more of a impact as the 3rd CB than Chris Johnson has.So we should bypass drafting OL,QB,OLB, all for a guy who could come in as a NB and then potentially a starter? For a guy playing opposite Nnamdi, Routt's played pretty good and I honestly don't see the logic in spending alot of money or a high draft pick to try and upgrade the situation especially when theres so many other places for this team to improve.
And if we need another playmaker in the secondary why spend it on a guy whos gonna play most of the time in at NB. Why not draft a SS who can cover and make plays?
As far as playmakers instead of trying to draft guys why don't we take 2 of our players on offense McFadden and Ford and improve the oline so they can have more opportunities to make plays.

RaiderNation
12-30-2010, 06:26 PM
So we should bypass drafting OL,QB,OLB, all for a guy who could come in as a NB and then potentially a starter? For a guy playing opposite Nnamdi, Routt's played pretty good and I honestly don't see the logic in spending alot of money or a high draft pick to try and upgrade the situation especially when theres so many other places for this team to improve.
And if we need another playmaker in the secondary why spend it on a guy whos gonna play most of the time in at NB. Why not draft a SS who can cover and make plays?
As far as playmakers instead of trying to draft guys why don't we take 2 of our players on offense McFadden and Ford and improve the oline so they can have more opportunities to make plays.

Is OLB a need? Wimbley played well I thought and Groves/Scott are decent. Im sure that can be addressed in F/A or trade if we think that a OLB will make our defense better.

OL is going to be address in the 2nd/3rd no doubt if Al lets Cable keep control. He said we were going to draft one of the OT's last year if one fell, and I expect Cable to find a C/RG/RT in the 2nd/3rd that can start for us like Veldheer has.

Im just thinking that Nnamdi could be gone if he doesnt resign in the next 2 years and I dont want to have Routt as our #1 CB. A CB like Jimmy Smith is exactly what Al looks for in a CB and I would not be surpised to see him drafted in the 2nd

Also on the offensive topic, I still dont trust any of our WR's to make a impact in all 16 games. We must get a reliable WR for Campbell in the off season. I mentioned Floyd just because if he falls to the 2nd like some are saying, he would be great value in my eyes and the type of WR we need.

RaiderNation
12-30-2010, 06:44 PM
Plus with Routt being a F/A we might no be able to afford him since we will need to resign alot of other guys like Seymour, Miller, and Bush

doingthisinsteadofwork
01-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Is OLB a need? Wimbley played well I thought and Groves/Scott are decent.Groves is invisible and as a unit the LB core is horrrible in pass coverage.Scott played more at DE then OLB.Yes its much more of a need than a starting corner, Im sure that can be addressed in F/A or trade if we think that a OLB will make our defense betterThe same can be said at CB.

OL is going to be address in the 2nd/3rd no doubt if Al lets Cable keep control. He said we were going to draft one of the OT's last year if one fell, and I expect Cable to find a C/RG/RT in the 2nd/3rd that can start for us like Veldheer has.
Its also much more needed than CB.
Im just thinking that Nnamdi could be gone if he doesnt resign in the next 2 years and I dont want to have Routt as our #1 CB. A CB like Jimmy Smith is exactly what Al looks for in a CB and I would not be surpised to see him drafted in the 2nd
If Cable wants to keep the HC position and if he has any say in who we draft he'd be smart to draft players that can come in and play next season rather than players who will take 2 years to make a real impact. And on another note we've drafted plenty of DBs in the first two rounds over the past decade.The only one whos a star is Nnamdi. Routt's made a good #2. All the others are either on another team or have underperformed.Mike Mitchell still deserves more time.

Plus with Routt being a F/A we might no be able to afford him since we will need to resign alot of other guys like Seymour, Miller, and Bush
Routt's more valuable than Bush.

RaiderNation
01-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Im just telling you how Al thinks, since he values DB's alot more than LB and OL(Nnamdi and Huff are 1st round picks, Routt was a 2nd and Branch was a 4th. Also Mitchell was a 2nd). I just think he has enough at those positions or he thinks he can draft them later. Routt could be left out since of the money problems this franchise has and the players we need to resign. I agree I would too draft a OL in the 2nd and CB maybe in the 3rd/4th depending on value. OLB can be addressed in F/A or trade I think though. Al did trade for Wimbley whon produced as a pass rusher and in pass coverage. I think a guy who can stop the run like maybe even bring Morrison back on the cheap? He could be a the OLB that fits this new defense.

_YL_
01-04-2011, 01:51 PM
I just want Oakland to take the best player available at number 49 that's what they did with McClain and Houston keep on doing it.

RaiderNation
01-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Anybody else think that with Cable gone, Al will likely be drafting again?

SwagU
01-06-2011, 05:15 PM
I think if with Hue or Harbaugh Al would be okay with staying a bit more in the shadows. Anyone either then those two and Al is goona call the shots.

RaiderNation
01-06-2011, 05:18 PM
I think its ok to rule out Harbaugh now. He is either going to Miami, back to Stanford or slight chance to Denver. Hue is the only guy that makes sense now

SwagU
01-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Yeah just saw that Habaugh has reportedly signed with the Dolphins. This now just means we will have more teams looking at Hue. We have to do all we can to keep him.

RaiderNation
01-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Harbaugh to the 9ers, still no word of Hue Jackson coming back.

SwagU
01-07-2011, 10:51 PM
I think this will mean Hue will def be back. The 9ers were the only team that I know of that were interviewing Hue so hopefully we get a deal done before someone else becomes interested.

thenewfeature06
01-08-2011, 10:00 AM
Routt's more valuable than Bush.

Not really, with how flimsy McFadden is.. (hasn't got real banged up this year) but having Bush is big especially since he complements DMAC really well. I still like this years CB class as of now, but more so at the top but I do think in the 3rd or 4th there will be a decent CB out there, maybe one of the Browns from Texas. Kendric Burney could be available too.

NIN1984
01-08-2011, 10:21 AM
These QBs coming out have attributes that Al Davis loves. If Newton or Mallet are available in the mid to late 20 range I can see Al wanting to move up and draft one. If not and Al believes Jason Campbell is the guy we gotta go O-line in round two. Gallery, Carlisle, Satele, even Walker all could be gone.

thenewfeature06
01-08-2011, 10:31 AM
These QBs coming out have attributes that Al Davis loves. If Newton or Mallet are available in the mid to late 20 range I can see Al wanting to move up and draft one. If not and Al believes Jason Campbell is the guy we gotta go O-line in round two. Gallery, Carlisle, Satele, even Walker all could be gone.

This is true.. I would be pretty surprised if those guys were available in that range. Teams that could draft a Q would be Carolina, Denver maybe, Buffalo, Zona and SF. O and probably Minny and Tennessee. You got the right idea though I would be willing to trade if Cam or Mallett was there. If not then OL is the position to take unless maybe Floyd or Aaron Williams is there.

Raiderz4Life
01-08-2011, 06:27 PM

Don't think Gallery should be let go. He's one of the better Linemen that we have. Walker Satele and Carlisle need replacing asap.

SwagU
01-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Walker was not bad, he held his own pretty well at times. My beef is mainly with Carlisle and Satel, Carlisle really in particular. Im still for going CB 2nd round unless a really good interior linemen drops to us.

RaiderNation
01-09-2011, 04:20 AM
Walker was not bad, he held his own pretty well at times. My beef is mainly with Carlisle and Satel, Carlisle really in particular. Im still for going CB 2nd round unless a really good interior linemen drops to us.

Im thinking best valued OL in the 2nd is the best idea. Maybe draft a C/RG with the 2nd and sign a F/A for the other.

Do you guys think DE is a need at all? Scott torn up his knee and we could be in need of a pass rusher. We could add a guy who can play like Derrick Burgess who would only come in on passing situations. Maybe even in the 3rd round. Could try to coach him up to be a OLB like Wimbley eventually as well. Dontay Moch could be the guy we would target. Super productive with 30 career sacks. Will run a very fast 40 time which will catch Al's eye. At 245, he would only be asked to rush the passer so gaining weight wont be a huge need. Even though he likely will just to get stronger.

2nd Kris O'Dowd C USC
3rd Dontay Moch Nevada Pass Rusher/OLB
4th Andrew Jackson OG Fresno State
5th Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
6th Mike Blanc DT Auburn
7th Special Teamer

Didnt we draft all Seniors last year except for McClain? ALl those guys has experience and could make a impact early. O'Dowd is a upgrade over Satele no doubt, even though I would keep Satele as a back up. Moch would be our situational pass rusher like I said before. Andrew Jackson is a underrate OG IMO, and would be a nice pick in the 4th. Could be a contender with Bruce Campbell or others at RG. Kaepernick would be our project behind Jason Campbell. Has very good size and athleticism, Hue (I think?) would coach him up like Palmer and Flacco for this year or longer. Blanc could be developed into a rotational DT, and we always seem to add special teamers in the late rounds.

RaiderNation
01-09-2011, 04:23 AM
Also I think this deserves its own thread. If we do indeed hire Hue Jackson as the HC, do you think hiring a guy like Josh McDaniels to be our passing game cordinator would be smart. Hue still is the play caller and controls the offence, while McDaniels can help Campbell and other improve the pass game. He also made average WR's look good so hopefully Ford and Murphy would step there games up. McDaniels could be a decent fall back option as the HC after Jackson, just dont give him the player control please.

Abaddon
01-09-2011, 04:25 AM
Why would McDaniels take a job where he's not even calling plays? That would never happen.

RaiderNation
01-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Why would McDaniels take a job where he's not even calling plays? That would never happen.

I dont think anybody will hire a cheater like him at HC for a while. Possible as OC I guess though for a team.

Abaddon
01-09-2011, 04:45 AM
Anybody else think that with Cable gone, Al will likely be drafting again?

I'd say that's a given. One draft filled with smart, team leader types under Cable's influence. Now, back to stopwatches and perceived potential. Just lovely.

Al's not going to back off his Plunkett comparison so soon. Campbell gets at least another year before Al even considers looking for his replacement, imo.

Don't think Gallery should be let go. He's one of the better Linemen that we have. Walker Satele and Carlisle need replacing asap.

If Gallery wants to leave, there won't be much the team can do about it other than offer to overpay him. Unless there's some tricky **** in the new CBA (if there is one), Gallery's future with this team is entirely in his hands.

Walker did pretty well, for the most part. There were a few "Oh good lord..." moments here and there, but he was pretty steady more often than not. Definitely upgradeable. But, if Gallery bolts and Carlisle is allowed to walk, upgrading at RT should be the least of their worries.

Al was reportedly pissed off that Bruce Campbell didn't get on the field. He spent the entire year working on becoming a RG. That's where Cable apparently wanted him. Where does Al want him? If the answer is RT, that could be a problem. You're now asking someone who's a little slow in the head to learn yet another position. From LT in '09 to RG in 2010, and then to RT in 2011? One can only hope that he's allowed to stay inside, or that whoever is coaching the OL next year can really get this guy to be something other than an oversized athlete. I don't expect much. But, what I know is that Al is going to want his athlete on the field somewhere. So, as much as we like to say the team needs a RG and RT, you can bank on Al believing Campbell already addresses one of those.

Abaddon
01-09-2011, 05:03 AM
I dont think anybody will hire a cheater like him at HC for a while. Possible as OC I guess though for a team.

San Fran wanted to interview him for the HC job, reportedly. He snubbed them. He'll absolutely get an OC job somewhere. He's too good in that role for a team to give a damn about a Spygate sequel.

Abaddon
01-09-2011, 05:15 AM
As for DE, yeah. I'd look to add a DE and DT. As stated, Scott's knee is all jacked up. Wimbley is a free agent who may or may not come back. That's your top two pure pass rushers who could be either playing at under 100% or playing in another uniform.

If Seymour bails, you almost have to kick Houston inside (where he looked really good late in the season) leaving Matty Shags as your only true DE.

I wasn't terribly impressed with Des Bryant on a game to game basis, and Jarvis Moss is an abomination.

I would absolutely be in the market for a DE. Maybe even as early as Rd2, depending on what sort of value is on the board.

EvilNixon
01-09-2011, 10:33 AM
They won't franchise tag Nnamdi because his contract was voided....He might be gone.

SwagU
01-09-2011, 03:32 PM
This offseason is going to be the biggest for this franchise in a while. Coming off the brink of a near playoff birth I believe we just needed a few more key parts to challenge for the division. What sucks is a lot of those key players from 2010 might be gone when 2011 comes around.

Heres a list of all the FA's the Raiders have this offseason:

Unrestricted FAs

21 Nnamdi Asomugha CB
69 Khalif Barnes OT
32 Michael Bennett RB
7 Kyle Boller QB
57 Ricky Brown ILB
25 Rock Cartwright RB
59 Jon Condo LS
31 Hiram Eugene FS
3 Charlie Frye QB
76 Robert Gallery G
5 Bruce Gradkowski QB
79 John Henderson DT
75 Mario Henderson OT
15 Johnnie Lee Higgins WR
53 Thomas Howard OLB
24 Michael Huff FS
60 Daniel Loper G
80 Zach Miller TE
94 Jarvis Moss DE
13 J. T. O'Sullivan QB
26 Stanford Routt CB
64 Samson Satele C
92 Richard Seymour DT
70 Langston Walker OT
54 Sam Williams OLB
96 Kamerion Wimbley OLB

Restricted FAs

29 Michael Bush RB

Exclusive-Rights FAs

90 Desmond Bryant DT
58 Bruce Davis OLB
89 Nick Miller WR
45 Marcel Reece FB

Now add this on top of hiring a new coach and this offseason is looking like a crucial and expensive one for the Silver & Black.

Stash
01-09-2011, 03:37 PM
That's a lot of unrestricted FA's, there's at least 8 guys on there that we must keep.

RaiderNation
01-09-2011, 04:54 PM
If Nnamdi isnt brought back its a lock that we draft a CB in the 2nd or 3rd. Al loves DB's and values them higher than alot other positions.

Xonraider
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
sorry for the negativism, but that FA list and our schedule are yelling 4-12 to me :(

RaiderNation
01-13-2011, 02:15 AM
sorry for the negativism, but that FA list and our schedule are yelling 4-12 to me :(

Andrew Luck? :)

NotRickJames
01-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Ya, Corner is a HUGE need if Nmandi goes. Going into next year with CJ and Routt as our starters is scary. Ware and McFadden might improve, but they aren't worth betting on. Who do we like in those rounds, RaiderNation?

Stash
01-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Ya, Corner is a HUGE need if Nmandi goes. Going into next year with CJ and Routt as our starters is scary. Ware and McFadden might improve, but they aren't worth betting on. Who do we like in those rounds, RaiderNation?
Routt is also a FA, so it's possible we lose both he and Aso.

LookItsAlDavis
01-14-2011, 02:06 PM
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2011-Big-Board/Dontay-Moch.html

Let's just go ahead and talk about our third round pick...

RaiderNation
01-14-2011, 05:51 PM

Jimmy Smith is going to be a really good CB IMO, similar type guy to Nnamdi. 6'2 205lbs sub 4.5 speed, only thrown at 13 times his JR and SR year. He might end up being a 1st, but at this point he is probably a 2nd. Another option is Brandon Burton from Utah in the 2nd.

SwagU
01-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Some positive news on the Nnamdi front:

"Good Chance Nnamdi is Back"

That's the word from Raiders free agent cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, who was in Bristol on Friday and made several appearances on ESPN and ESPN Radio. He didn't say much, until his third or fourth interview of the day, on SportsCenter.

He was asked if he thought he would be back in Oakland next season:

"There's a chance, there's a good chance," Asomugha said. "It's funny because I've been doing interviews all day and I hear a lot of people saying, 'No longer an Oakland Raider,' 'You are not a ...' but anything could happen at this point.

"When you go into free agency and have options, any team is up for you to be on -- and the Raiders, obviously with me having been there for so long, have a great shot at it."

Does he want to come back?

"I would love to be back," Asomugha said, "but I do have options so we'll have to see what happens."

Asomugha said he wasn't aware that his contract was getting voided -- a $16.8 million option shredded because he didn't meet easy-to-meet incentives in an injury-plagued year -- until after the season was over.

"As the end of the season approached, not aware at all," he said. "Because we had a chance to be in the playoffs and we're playing football games. When you're in that type of situation, you're never really thinking about what's going on with your contract and what's going to happen after the season.

"So, once the season ended, that's when it kind of hit."

Xonraider
01-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Getting Nnamdi, Z.Miller, Wimbley and Gallery back is pretty important... Routt would be nice too.

RaiderNation
01-17-2011, 03:24 AM
Getting Nnamdi, Z.Miller, Wimbley and Gallery back is pretty important... Routt would be nice too.

Id rate Bush over Routt IMO, or is the RFA rule still going to work? If it does and a team signs him to a 2nd or 3rd round comp type deal I would be so happy. Our last few drafts in those rounds have been real solid

2010: 2nd LaMarr Houston DL, 3rd Jared Veldheer OT
2009: 2nd Mike Michell DB, 3rd Matt Shaughnessy DE
2008: None
2007: 2nd Zach Miller, our 3rd round was horrible this year(Henderson, Moses are busts and JLH had 1 good season as a returner. Atleast we got Bush here)

Raiderz4Life
01-18-2011, 08:46 PM
http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2011-Big-Board/Dontay-Moch.html

Let's just go ahead and talk about our third round pick...

i refuse to believe he runs a 4.2

EvilNixon
01-19-2011, 08:43 AM
Huff to CB should be discussed, IMO.

NIN1984
01-19-2011, 10:36 AM
OK, so after hearing the press conference what did we learn?

Jason Campbell is the starting QB, no doubt. I don't think Raiders will draft a QB in any round.

Hue Jackson and Al Davis both mentioned Michael Bush which leads me to believe Raiders will keep him.

When Hue Jackson talked about the defense he mentioned McClain, Seymour, Shaughnessy and Branch as the faces of the defense. No Asomugha? I have a feeling Asomugha is gone. I think Al will offer a contract but Asomugha will be able to get more from another team.

anything else?

RaiderNation
01-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Looks like Bruce Campbell will likely see time on the oline next year according to Al Davis. Could be we might be looking for a C this off season. If Campbell can develop into a RT, Im all for sliding Walker inside

EDIT: Also looking like Ochocinco could be a real possibility in Oakland if he is moved this off season by Cincinnati. He would give Campbell a go to WR that he can somewhat trust

RaiderNation
01-25-2011, 02:49 AM
Still no DC hired, but still are rumors we might want to run a 3-4. If we end up doing so, a NT or OLB could be a 2nd round need.

Big Black
01-26-2011, 09:36 PM
Still no DC hired, but still are rumors we might want to run a 3-4. If we end up doing so, a NT or OLB could be a 2nd round need.

Doubt that happens since the DL coach Mike Waufle's experience has solely been in the 4-3. And with the success the DL had last year I think Al wouldn't want to change a thing. Not to mention guys like Shaughnessy and Houston wouldn't really fit a position in the 3-4 since they're more 4-3 guys.

RaiderNation
01-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Former Raiders Pro Bowl G Steve Wisniewski has joined the Raiders coaching staff as assistant offensive line coach.

Wont be surprised if we take Stefen now in the 2nd.

TACKLE
01-28-2011, 07:08 PM
I have the Raiders in fenikz's forum mock. The way its going to work is all the FA's which obviously is a pretty big deal for the Raiders. I plan on going for interior O-Line and CB early on. What other positions should I be looking to address?

Also is there anyone I should put anyone on the trade block?

*Carson Palmer can be had. Thoughts?

whatadai
01-28-2011, 11:36 PM
What do you guys think our chances are of getting Mankins? He obviously wants money and not another ring. The Pats offered him a deal they thought was fair and he clearly though it wasn't and we all know Davis and how much cash he likes to dole out to players. The only problem is we have pretty big names to re-sign.

whatadai
01-28-2011, 11:37 PM
*Carson Palmer can be had. Thoughts?

I'd rather trade for Matt Flynn or Kevin Kolb or sign Leinart than Palmer.

RaiderNation
01-29-2011, 12:33 AM
We are going to stick with Campbell for atleast another year, so I would just keep it with him. Address the C position(Wisniewski is prefered), OLB(Dontay Moch), DT and CB.

NotoRussell
01-29-2011, 05:14 AM
Palmer is done! and i think we will stick with Campbell for at least next season
and sign a backup QB, like Bulger or Leinart.

Donno
01-29-2011, 12:12 PM
What do you guys think our chances are of getting Mankins? He obviously wants money and not another ring. The Pats offered him a deal they thought was fair and he clearly though it wasn't and we all know Davis and how much cash he likes to dole out to players. The only problem is we have pretty big names to re-sign.

Theyre just as good as anyone elses but the fact that he played at Fresno State helps. For the Raiders that would be a huge upgrade.

thenewfeature06
01-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Former Raiders Pro Bowl G Steve Wisniewski has joined the Raiders coaching staff as assistant offensive line coach.

Wont be surprised if we take Stefen now in the 2nd.

This is good news to me, I wasn't able to watch Steve but from what I hear he was great. Drafting Stefen would be a great decision based off need and probably value as well depending on who is there.

RaiderNation
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
I personally would rather sign our guys first, then go after F/A's. Asomugha, Seymour and Miller are the 3 must guys we need to resign IMO

whatadai
01-29-2011, 06:32 PM
I personally would rather sign our guys first, then go after F/A's. Asomugha, Seymour and Miller are the 3 must guys we need to resign IMO

I'd throw Wimbley in there too....best 4-3 OLB in the league in 2010. Huff almost makes the "must re-sign" list.

RaiderNation
01-30-2011, 01:53 AM
I'd throw Wimbley in there too....best 4-3 OLB in the league in 2010. Huff almost makes the "must re-sign" list.

Yes Wimbley would liekly be my #4, while Bush would get the nod over Huff for me. I think we can do fine with Branch, Mitchell and maybe a F/A or trade.

If the CBA stays similar Bush will be a RFA, and likely to be tendered as a 1st round pick

RaiderNation
01-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Updated Raiders Mock:

2 Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State
With the recent hiring of his uncle, I think if he slides to us we will jump on him. Satele seems like a solid back up, and adding a starting caliber C to this oline will help alot. He is the prospect like Pouncey, Mangold or Mack but I think he can be a above average starting linemen in the league. Instant impact guy

3 Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Al Davis will love this pick. Moch will likely run in the high 4.4's to low 4.5's and look like a great athelte. We have a need opposite of Wimbley and we seem to likely pass rushing type tweeners. One thing I thought about earlier today is if we think of OLB as huge need, could Al trade up for Von Miller who seems like the perfect fit?

4 Kendric Burney CB UNC
According this this website, we were seen talking to him at the Senior Bowl. I think he is a #3 type CB for us who can be steal, also being a factor in special teams. Al has recently like smaller CB's and Burney fits into the mold.

5 Andrew Jackson OG Fresno State
I think developing a OG for the future is a smart idea. Gallery is getting older and is a F/A, and there some questions at RG. Rumor is Al wants Bruce Campbell to be our starting RG in place of vet Cooper Carlisle. Jackson has the height to add weight for a few offseasons before he has to see the field.

6 Terrell McClain DT USF
Our dline is the strength of this defense, and adding a young rotational guy would be another good idea. McClain is a small school prospect who has nice size at 6'3 310lbs. He has been a productive player and could hopefully find a spot in the rotation.

7 Joe Lefeged DB Rutgers

Another prospect we were reported to be talking too. Seems like the yearly special teams late round pick we draft. Our special teams have been improving.

_YL_
01-31-2011, 07:14 PM
Dontay Moch wouldn't be much of a upgrade over Thomas Howard,He is what only 226 pounds.He wouldn't offer much to this team at LB oe DE at 226.I would consider that pick as a waist of a pick if it happened.

RaiderNation
02-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Dontay Moch wouldn't be much of a upgrade over Thomas Howard,He is what only 226 pounds.He wouldn't offer much to this team at LB oe DE at 226.I would consider that pick as a waist of a pick if it happened.

He is listed 245lbs on this site. I think he could be our other speed rusher besides Wimbley, and also can learn how to play OLB

_YL_
02-04-2011, 11:13 AM
He is listed 245lbs on this site. I think he could be our other speed rusher besides Wimbley, and also can learn how to play OLB

He weight it around 226 or around there like 3 weeks ago.

Edit: East West shrine game weigh in

Dontay Moch OLB Nevada West-55 6013 229 32 3/4 9 1/4

thenewfeature06
02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
I think if my man Bruce is there in the 2nd which is now looking more realistic, we should pick him up.

RaiderNation
02-04-2011, 01:28 PM
We were rumored to talk to Casey Matthews, who could be a fit at WLB

RaiderNation
02-05-2011, 01:25 AM
I think if my man Bruce is there in the 2nd which is now looking more realistic, we should pick him up.

Risky unless his knee injury has improved alot

thenewfeature06
02-05-2011, 10:23 AM
This is true, I haven't heard anything about how he is coming along but usually athletic freaks like him can rehab quickly. He would pair up well with Rolando no doubt but it would be more of a luxury pick since it isn't a 2nd round need.

RaiderNation
02-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Santana Moss is set to be a F/A this off season, and adding a vet WR could be what this offence is needing. He had one of the best seasons in his career last year with inconsistant QB play, and already has played with Campbell. He is a better option than Ochocinco IMO

thenewfeature06
02-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Yeah I think that could most certainly help the WR core, he isn't great but he is alot more reliable than what we have currently. Once I saw that yesterday I thought the same thing haha he has played with J Campbell and I mean though he is small he gets in and out of his routes with the best of them.

TACKLE
02-10-2011, 10:44 PM
I had the Raiders in the most recent forum mock. We got up to the 5th round. All the FA"s return in this so my position focus was a little different.

2. Muhammed Wilkerson, DT, Temple
3. Dontay Moch, OLB, Nevada
4. Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
5. Will Rackley, G/T, Lehigh

7th round pick traded for Derrick Harvey

What do you guys think?

RaiderNation
02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
I had the Raiders in the most recent forum mock. We got up to the 5th round. All the FA"s return in this so my position focus was a little different.

What do you guys think?

The oline must be addressed earlier. No doubt within our first 2 picks. The Moch pick makes a lot of sense. I would probably go C in the 2nd and DT in the 4th

TACKLE
02-11-2011, 01:18 PM
The oline must be addressed earlier. No doubt within our first 2 picks. The Moch pick makes a lot of sense. I would probably go C in the 2nd and DT in the 4th

Just some explanations...

I was aware C was the biggest need coming in but both Pouncey and Wisniewski were gone and there is a very large drop off after. A guy like O'Dowd in the 2nd is way too big of a reach in the mid-2nd imo. Getting Kirkpatrick in the 4th was better to me than any center in the 2nd. Wilkerson is viewed as a first round talent in a lot of draft circles so getting him where I did was a great value and physically, he profiles perfectly for the type of DT the Raiders prefer. Will Rackley was actually my favorite pick of the bunch. He's small school sleeper from Lehigh. He played LT in college but will be looks at as a RT/G prospect. His stock is steadily rising. He's viewed by many as a 3rd round pick so I was happy that he fell to the fifth. He had a great E-W Shrine game and he could come in and upgrade that RG spot and let Bruce move outside where he belongs.

whatadai
02-12-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't get why everyone wants Pouncey for C. He's shown that he's good at OG and isn't at C. I don't like Wisniewski as much as everyone else, but I like Moffitt. I also don't understand the early DT picks. Kelly and Bryant are good DTs and Seymour and Henderson are too if we re-sign them. Bryant fills in at DE sometimes with Shaugnessy and Houston starting and Wimbley rotating in. If anything, we need to work on our LBs more than our DTs.

If it's possible I'd rather go...

2. Aaron Williams
3. John Moffitt
4. Mark Herzlich
5. Andy Dalton

For the last 2 picks I'd go with a OT or OG and FS.

Re-sign Priorities: Asomugha, Seymour, Miller, Gallery, Gradkowski, Walker

Offense
QB: Campbell, Gradkowski, Dalton
RB: McFadden, Bush, Cartwright
WR: Murphy, Ford, Heyward-Bey, Schilens (Let Higgins and Miller go, sign 2 WRs, hopefully one who can take some returns for Ford)
TE: Miller, Myers
LT: Veldheer, Henderson
LG: Gallery, Loper (I think he'll do better in a power-running scheme)
C: Moffitt, Satele
RG: Campbell (Hopefully, he improves?), Cut Carlisle and move Barnes to OG or draft a rookie OG
RT: Walker, Barnes or Rookie OT

Defense
LE: Houston, Rotate in Scott and Groves
RE: Shaugnessy, Moss(I think he still has some potential), Rotate Wimbley and Bryant
DT: Seymour, Kelly, Bryant, Henderson
WLB: Scott, Herzlich, Groves
MLB: McClain, Goethel
SLB: Wimbley, Brown
CB: Asomugha, Williams, McFadden, Johnson, Routt, Ware
FS: Huff, Rookie
SS: Branch, Mitchell

Biggest FA interest IMO should be Mankins.

_YL_
02-13-2011, 01:19 PM

What do you guys think?

Muhammed Wilkerson would hardly ever see the field.The Raiders have one of the deepest and most versatile defense lines in the NFL.Seymour,Kelly,Bryant,Houston,Shaughnessy,Scott ,I expect Henderson to be brought back.We all know Houston is just playing DE right now cause that's his best chance to play right now and will in time move to DT.With Dontay Moch we might as well just keep Thomas Howard cause he is just gonna turn into him at least Howard have decent size and height.

The second round pick has to be a player on the offense line or a CB

RaiderNation
02-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Ya I am thinking DT could be address maybe in the 4th or 5th round as more of a developmental guy for the future.

_YL_
02-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I would like to select Sione Fua in the 4th round and develop him.

RaiderNation
02-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Signed Seymour for another 2 years. Now we gotta get Nnamdi

Dark Knight01
02-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Raiders Mock

Rd 2- S Wiz C (Legacy Bloodline players are always nice)
Rd 3- C Matthews LB ^^^^^ (would play WLB in Raiders scheme)
Rd 4- M Gilbert or J Pinkston OT
Rd 5- C Thornton DT/DE
Rd 6- K Reuland TE
Rd 7- C Harris CB

Dark Knight01
02-28-2011, 01:47 PM
I think I have come to the conclusion that the TWO players the Raiders should target with their first pick in the 2nd Round should be either:

C- Stefan Wisnewski 6′3, 313.
or
RT/RG- Marcus Cannon 6′5, 350.

RaiderNation
02-28-2011, 01:50 PM
I think I have come to the conclusion that the TWO players the Raiders should target with their first pick in the 2nd Round should be either:

C- Stefan Wisnewski 6′3, 313.
or
RT/RG- Marcus Cannon 6′5, 350.

Either would give us an instant upgrade along the oline

RaiderNation
02-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Also reports saying we arent bringing back RG Cooper Carlisle. Thank god, hopefully Bruce Campbell(who is rumored to be the next in line already) can be a upgrade

Dark Knight01
03-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Also reports saying we arent bringing back RG Cooper Carlisle. Thank god, hopefully Bruce Campbell(who is rumored to be the next in line already) can be a upgrade

The other player I would love to see as a Raider is DE/WILL OLB propsect Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue. He looked like a beast during drills at the combine at 6'4 and a solid 267 pounds.

Donno
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
The other player I would love to see as a Raider is DE/WILL OLB propsect Ryan Kerrigan from Purdue. He looked like a beast during drills at the combine at 6'4 and a solid 267 pounds.

I dont think he'll last til us but we can always hope, plus I can see Al moving into the first round if he likes someone enough.

RaiderNation
03-02-2011, 03:01 PM

He is a top 20 pick and wouldnt fit our defense even though he is a good prospect.

I dont think he'll last til us but we can always hope, plus I can see Al moving into the first round if he likes someone enough.

I have the feeling Al will trade up back into the late 1st for a guy he wants. We have moved around in the 2nd the past few drafts and there are some guys in this draft Al will want. Jimmy Smith from Colorado if he falls, maybe Wisniewski if he is rated this high, or maybe a OG like Marcus Cannon who has the standout size and athleticism Al will look for since we are moving to a power scheme

RaiderNation
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
In an offseason in which the Oakland Raiders are prepared to lose cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, they also will lose left guard Robert Gallery.

After speaking with Raiders owner Al Davis, Gallery has decided to sign somewhere else whenever free agency begins....
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6178205

Even more proof to why I think Wisniewski is going to be a Raider. Bruce Campbell is a starter going into next season as a LG or RG for us, so Wisniewski can fill the other guard spot, or move to Center depending on what we want to do.

whatadai
03-03-2011, 09:20 PM
I would love to sign Damien Woody and have him at RT and since Davis is so adamant about having Campbell start on the line, hopefully he'll do well at RG? Ugh.

whatadai
03-03-2011, 09:25 PM
JaMarcus Russell facing foreclosure on his $2.4 million dollar home. HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

thenewfeature06
03-04-2011, 09:46 AM
I would love to sign Damien Woody and have him at RT and since Davis is so adamant about having Campbell start on the line, hopefully he'll do well at RG? Ugh.

Really think that would be a waste of money, maybe a 1 year? aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I don't know.

I kind of think Aaron Williams should be our pick if he is available, and then see who is there in the 3rd.

RaiderNation
03-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I have the feeling we will trade up this year for a CB(Amukamara or Jimmy Smith) in the 1st round because Nnamdi does look like he will be gone. Al always pulls off a mid round trade to get a guy he wants and is willing to change around picks. Jimmy Smith profiles as a Nnamdi Asmugha lite type prospect who is experienced in man to man and has the size at 6'2 211lbs 4.46(Nnamdi was 6'2 213lbs 4.45 and similar in ranking and play).

thenewfeature06
03-04-2011, 08:51 PM
I have seen little of Smith, but that little has been good.. def don't think he turn out anything near that, but I could be wrong.

RaiderNation
03-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I have seen little of Smith, but that little has been good.. def don't think he turn out anything near that, but I could be wrong.

Nobody thought Nnamdi would turn out like he has...

Jimmy
03-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Well.. i'm sure somebody has already made this "joke" by now...
but what round are you guys going to take demarcus van dyke?

thenewfeature06
03-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah RN good point, I like the CB class this year.. what is the possibilty of us trading into the first? Brandon Harris is my guy, a little undersized but he can ball. Aaron Williams might be the guy that slips but that could be wishful thinking.

And I love DVD.

RaiderNation
03-07-2011, 10:47 PM
http://www.sbreport.net/raider_news/008/6124.html
The Oakland Raiders officially announced who their leader on defense will be…

And to no ones surprise, they elevated Chuck Bresnahan from ‘defensive coach’ to coordinator, today.

“I am impressed with [Chuck Bresnahan's] passion, attention to detail and energy,” stated Hue Jackson.

“The fact that I’ve had the chance to be in defensive meetings with Chuck and watch him lead the defensive staff made it an easy decision to name him our defensive coordinator,” continued the head coach.

Bresnahan will serve his second tour of duty as coordinator after being at the helm of a defense that went to a Super Bowl after the 2002 season. That season, he was the beneficiary of solid veteran free-agent signings and players that developed into solid talents. Oakland had many shrewd moves, bringing in veteran like John Parrella, Sam Adams, Bill Romanowski, Rod Woodson and drafting Napoleon Harris.

They already had established talents in Charles Woodson, Tory James and Trace Armstrong, along with up and comers like Rod Coleman and Eric Barton.

He was fired in Cincinnati after the Bengals ranked 28th (2005), 30th (2006) and 27th (2007) in total defense during his stay as coordinator. Those results came while working with Marvin Lewis, who was known for his defensive prowess with the Ravens, before being the head man in Cincinnati.

With the additions of Rod Woodson (cornerback coach) and Greg Biekert (linebacker coach), all signs pointed to Bresnahan revisiting his role as coordinator of that unit. His title as ‘defensive coach’ left a lot to the imagination, but with Bresnahan having a working past with Woodson and Biekert, and very little movement regarding importing any outside staffers, it was a matter of time before Oakland reported this decision.

:(

RaiderNation
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Rumors are Al wants Loper as a starter at LG

Dark Knight01
03-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Lousy to hire Chuck B as the new DC. Should have just kept Marshall.

A very uninspiring choice to be the new DC by old man Al and Huey.

If they pick a CB as their first pick in Round 2, then I will be pissed. If the defense wasn't up to snuff with the best CB in the game in Nnamdi and if they let him go and get nothing in return, then why waste a pick on rookie CB to replace him??

Ugh.....lets hope they don't pick a CB until at least Round 5.

Komp
03-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Rumors are Al wants Loper as a starter at LG

Loper looked decent in limited action last year, especially in the run game...

doingthisinsteadofwork
03-18-2011, 08:47 PM
Mario Henderson got arrested for a concealed weapon. Orlando Franklin is looking like a nice pick at some point. Could play either G or T.Personally I think he could make a great RT.

03-19-2011, 10:00 PM
So it appears as if Jimmy Smith will be available at 48 after all....

I have to see it to believe it, though.

RaiderNation
03-20-2011, 06:07 PM
So it appears as if Jimmy Smith will be available at 48 after all....

I have to see it to believe it, though.

I still think he is a lock 1st round pick, but I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up on our team at the end of the 1st round. Am I the only one thinking Al will make a big move to replace Nnamdi(if he is gone)

RaiderNation
03-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Heres a good breakdown of what we have done this off season...
http://www.csnbayarea.com/03/17/11/Raiders-Huff-remains-without-contract/landing_raiders.html?blockID=443144&feedID=2801

Dark Knight01
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Reaching for a CB and hoping he can replace Nnamdi would be a TERRIBLE waste pick by the Raiders in Round 2 IMO.

Dark Knight01
03-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Rather see the Raiders pick Stefan Wisnewski, Brooks Reed, Marcus Cannon or Orlando Franklin ahead of a freakin CB with that Round 2 pick.

HindSight
03-25-2011, 07:38 AM
so what are your thoughts on CB in the 2nd?

thenewfeature06
03-25-2011, 10:26 AM
I wouldn't mind us going CB in the 2nd, it would have to be like Aaron Williams/Brandon Harris/Jimmy Smith.

HindSight
03-29-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm in a mock draft as the Raiders....here's what I've done so far.

2. Steve Wisniewski, OG, Penn State
3. Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
4. Andy Dalton, QB, TCU

NotRickJames
03-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Andy Dalton in the fourth? I'm all over that. All over it.

RaiderNation
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
If Marcus Cannon falls to us in the 2nd, Im all for selecting him. Al loves big RT's(like Langston Walker) so he could fit in there or possibly slide inside to LG or RG.

RaiderNation
04-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Another guy who I think Al could target is Martez Wilson, depending on how he feels about our need at OLB. Wilson stood out at the combine running a 4.49 and coming in at 6'3 250lbs.

thenewfeature06
04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Well Rolando didn't really stand out in the combine as much as other ones have so maybe he is changing his ways... but I have no clue what he thinks.

Martez Wilson is a pretty good pick if he fell to us.

Houston/Wilson/McClain is a legit young core.

Komp
04-13-2011, 02:19 PM
We've had the one of the worst run defenses in the league for the past decade, if a big bodied DT falls (Wilkerson) or if Marvin Austin is available I think we need to look at them.

RaiderNation
04-13-2011, 02:49 PM
We've had the one of the worst run defenses in the league for the past decade, if a big bodied DT falls (Wilkerson) or if Marvin Austin is available I think we need to look at them.

I doubt it after what Seymour and Kelly did last year, along with us signing John Henderson to a 8m contract. I can see us going DT later in the draft though in the 4-6 rounds to get a developmental guy. Im pretty sold on that we will go OL,CB or OLB in the 2nd depending on value.

Rumor is we are interest in Ben Ijalana who could fit at RT or OG for us. We also like Carimi, and he could be a possible prospect we trade up for in the draft if he falls in the late 20's. We also have worked out Kaepernick who could be a developmental QB who can sit behind Campbell for a year or 2.

RaiderNation
04-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Nnamdi officially not coming back, but I'm still not buying that we go CB in the 2nd or 3rd unless we trade up from Jimmy Smith. Hue already said he believes we have talent at CB young and old, and I think we can possibly go OL in the 2 picks. Something like this would make me very happy

2nd Orlando Franklin OT Miami
3rd Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State
4th Curtis Marsh CB Utah State

EvilNixon
04-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Does anyone here think Stan Routt is even a good #2 corner? Let alone ready to takeover #1?

RaiderNation
04-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Does anyone here think Stan Routt is even a good #2 corner? Let alone ready to takeover #1?

I think he will go fine. He got thrown at alot since teams just refused to go at Nnamdi. Every CB gets beat every once in a while and the chances are higher when you have a guy like Nnamdi playing opposite of you since the other team has the WR Nnamdi isnt covering as the go to guy during the plays.

thenewfeature06
04-24-2011, 08:51 AM
I am slightly worried if Aso is leaving.

Hopefully we can trade into the first, or have somebody like A Will slip to us or even Brandon Harris! (unlikely)

RaiderNation
04-25-2011, 02:42 AM
ynbvL1Qbxek

Ive had the feeling all off season long that we are going to trade up back into the 1st. Jimmy Smith or Gabe Carimi are likely targets if we do.

Also funny at the end that Hue talks about how Al makes the pick at the end of the day, even though he gets input from everybody

EvilNixon
04-25-2011, 06:50 PM
We are rumored to be interested in Kaepernick...thoughts?

RaiderNation
04-26-2011, 02:15 PM
We are rumored to be interested in Kaepernick...thoughts?

Wouldnt mind him in the 4th. We have to upgrade other positions before taking a QB for the future.

RaiderNation
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
It is being reported that Mario Henderson and Khalif Barnes are gone. Both want to challenge for a LT spot(good luck with that). Also Langston Walker is considering retirement which is bad news for us. He did alright at RT last year and I was really hoping we would slide him to LG in place of Gallery.

EvilNixon
04-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Mario Henderson has to go...he can't play pro football.

RaiderNation
04-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Both Carimi and Smith are gone, so expect us to go Franklin, Ijalana or Wisniewski in the 2nd. I would not be against moving up for Bowers either. I have him ranked as a top 10 prospect, and if he were to pan out he would give us a even better dline.

_YL_
04-29-2011, 05:06 AM
Heard little whispers that two OTs Oakland liked were taken Constanzo and Sherrod(?) Oakland do do it hOmeworkoj bowers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a qb selected but Oakland is sitting pretty so much talent there I wouldn't be mad if they traded up bk intO the second

RaiderNation
04-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Heard little whispers that two OTs Oakland liked were taken Constanzo and Sherrod(?) Oakland do do it hOmeworkoj bowers. I wouldn't be surprised to see a qb selected but Oakland is sitting pretty so much talent there I wouldn't be mad if they traded up bk intO the second

I am pretty sure Carimi was one of them. Idk what you were trying to say about Bowers, looks like you had trouble typing or using a phone. Hopefully it is that there's a chance we take Bowers, because I still think the risk ia worth it here in the 2nd. Some quality olinemen will be there in the 3rd, and adding a talent like Bowers will greatly improve the defense. I too believe we will move back into the 2nd to land Wisniewski, after either adding a OT or Bowers

_YL_
04-29-2011, 01:41 PM
Yeah my iPhone was lagging really bad last night. Oakland has done there home work on his as in talking to him and if im not mistaking even bringing him in for a visit. But where would he play honestly he wouldn't see the field much Wimbley puts his hand in the ground on passing downs got Trevor Scott still and a young upcoming Matt Shaughnessy who deserves more 3rd down snaps. Just to much talent on the defense line already and not enough snaps for everyone.

What im hoping for is Ryan Mallett or Ben Ijalana and then a trade up back into the late second and pick lil Wiz

Stash
04-29-2011, 06:26 PM
We got Wiz!

RaiderNation
04-29-2011, 09:54 PM
2 Stefen Wisniewski C Penn State Grade: A-
3 DeMarcus Van Dyke CB Miami Grade: C
3 Joe Barksdale OL LSU Grade: B

As we all thought lil Wis ended up in Oakland, and is already being thought of as our starting Center. Big upgrade over Satele IMO, and will hopefully bring the leadership and stability we need for our oline.

Another pick we all saw coming in Van Dyke, just wish it would have been in the 3rd/4th. The guy has potential, but he needs to add atleast 15lbs or he will be man handled by some WR's. He likely will get time to develop though, Routt and Chris Johnson should be the starters

Barksdale is an interesting pick for us, who could project to either RT or OG depending on what we want to do with Bruce Campbell. Very experienced propsect who excells at run blocking which is what we are looking for. If I had to bet, I would think he slides inside to OG and Campbell gets the nod to be our RT

Overall:Solid 2nd day, we might have found 2 starters on the oline and a high potential CB to develop. We have a good history in developing CB's so theres hope for Van Dyke. There is no question in my mind Wisniewski will atleast be an upgrade over Satele, and could even be a Pro Bowl type center for us down the road. We have had decent success at drafting oline as of late, and Barksdale could be a nice starter hopefully for us too.

I am hoping we address OLB, another OL and a TE with our first 3 picks tomorrow. Miller could be gone so dont be surprised if we go TE early

_YL_
04-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Wisniewski and Barksdale will both have to step up and more then likely have to play this year. Cause lack of depth on the offense line and potentially short period of free agency will force these players to play sooner then expected. So hopefully Barksdale is ready to play.

RaiderNation
04-30-2011, 02:37 AM
You have any info YL on what positions we are thinking? I think we could see something like this...

4th:Casey Matthews LB Oregon/Chris Carter LB Fresno State-Both fit at OLB for us, which is our next big need

4th:Jordan Cameron TE USC-We seem to be interested in adding another TE, and this guy is a freak athlete

5th:Marcus Cannon OL TCU-Remember the Michael Bush pick, this can be the next guy we sit for a year, then get huge results once fully healthy

6th:Joe Lefeged DB Rutgers/Keanemana Silva DB Hawaii-Both have worked out very well and could be nice special teams guys early

7th:Josh Portis QB California-PA- The only QB left we have publicly scouted, he has some potential if he keeps his head on straight

RaiderNation
04-30-2011, 11:58 AM
We add Chimidi Chekwa for Ohio State. This all be seals the door on Nnamdi. 2 CB's so far. Hopefully we add another olinemen!!

Stash
04-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Wow; no LB's or DT's, DVD in the 3rd, and questionable final four picks (probably don't need any of those guys). Not liking the Raiders draft at this point in time.

thenewfeature06
04-30-2011, 07:28 PM
We had a C draft at best... :( I am glad our first pick was logical..

DVD is straight.. and Barksdale adds depth so down the line maybe it turns into a better draft than it was viewed but we'll see. I do like Denarious Moore thoooooooooo! & Ausberry.

RaiderNation
05-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Ya it's hard to fall in love with this class, but overall I think it's a solid class if we can bring back Bush, Huff and others. I'd probably grade it as a B- or C+. I think we drafted our long term Center in Wisniewski, 2 high potential CB's, Barksdale could end up being a solid RG for us, Taiwan was a steal in the 4th and gives us another weapon on offense and the return game, I like the Moore kid for Tennessee and think he might be able to contribute early, the TE we drafted looks like a solid blocker to help the run game and Ausberry has some potential as a late round pick. Nothing real special, but I think we will end up with a few decent players to help us keep improving off last year. You have to remember that F/A will happen as well so we probably will look for a veteran olinemen or 2 and also a FS depending on what happens with Huff

Jensen
07-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Not sure where to put this, but former UNC OL Alan Pelc has signed with the Raiders.

rickscott
02-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Why was Stanford Routt released. He's seems to be a pretty good cover corner

Nalej
02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Why was Stanford Routt released. He's seems to be a pretty good cover corner

I'd like to know as well

nobodyinparticular
02-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I'd like to know as well

It seems McKenzie is wanting to go through the "dead cap" year as soon as possible rather than trying to re-tool under the cap every single year. Get rid of the guys with bloated contracts this season. The Raiders will have to deal with a lot of dead cap space in 2012, but that will make things easier for them in 2013 and beyond.

Personally, I say go all in on the defensive side of the ball. Seymour, Huff, Curry, Eugene, Henderson, etc.

RaiderNation
02-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Routt was one of the most penalized players in the league last year, and we simply can't pay him that type of money moving forward and releasing him was the only option. Expect to see Wimbley, Huff and Seymour all to be talked to about restructuring. If they don't they will be gone as well. We can't afford to pay average players this type of money and need cap room for the future.

Abaddon
02-10-2012, 02:10 AM
17 penalties: Most in NFL

9 TDs allowed: Most in NFL

I give him a partial pass due to the incompetence of our UFL defensive coordinator, but only a partial pass. He is routinely among the most flagged DBs in the league. He's also quite useless in zone coverages. Not entirely his fault. Under Al Davis' watch, the Raiders didn't practice playing zone very much. Very little, reportedly.

He's a good press man corner with long speed. But that's about it. If your defense needs a corner to play a lot of zone and press bail, Routt will get exposed until he can be coached up and (hopefully) learn to understand zone responsibilities and how to not get flagged for holding and PI.

In the end, he's a track guy with a limited skill set making shutdown corner money, including $5 million in roster bonus on Friday. Reggie made the right call. The only call there was to make.

Machiavelli
02-11-2012, 05:17 PM
It seems McKenzie is wanting to go through the "dead cap" year as soon as possible rather than trying to re-tool under the cap every single year. Get rid of the guys with bloated contracts this season. The Raiders will have to deal with a lot of dead cap space in 2012, but that will make things easier for them in 2013 and beyond.

Personally, I say go all in on the defensive side of the ball. Seymour, Huff, Curry, Eugene, Henderson, etc.

Even then, with all the contracts structured with huge base salaries, we'll have more than enough to play with to replace them.

Abaddon
04-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Somebody unsticky this relic, eh?

Abaddon
01-19-2014, 02:16 AM
Somebody unsticky this relic, eh?

Seriously.