PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Garrett as our HC?

D-Unit
11-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Simple question. Go for it. Figured it'd be interesting to see the results before his 2nd game as HC.

I don't think I'll regret voting yes. I really like the subtle and not so subtle changes he has made. I also agree with his philosophies so far.

As for OC... yeouch. We need to get his grubby hands off that job.

FreshBoy!
11-19-2010, 07:02 AM
I think my stance was already made clear previously...but I'll vote anyways:)

xxxxxxxx
11-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Yes, and keep Pasqualoni as the DC too. Just look at the differences in press conferences... wade was SUCH a joke lol. The way garrett talks, its like we haven't had a head coach the last 4 years. All wade would say was "yeah i think were doing alright."

Garrett is brilliant.

E-Man
11-19-2010, 03:03 PM
It's too early to tell for me, but if the team goes anything higher than 6-2 during his tenure then he is as good a candidate as most guys not named Cowher.

DancingMonkey
11-20-2010, 04:13 AM
As long as he'll hire someone to call the offensive plays INSTEAD of himself, yes. :P

Modano
11-21-2010, 04:05 AM
holding judgment!

LizardState
11-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Voted No, somebody had to to tell that naked emperor Hey, you've got no clothes on. And with an eye on the crystal ball looking into the near future.

He's HC by default now b/c there's no one better available, or who will leave broadcasting to take a midseason job like that.

There will be better than Garrett available after the season, someone who can make maximum use of what looks to be a rare low draft pick.

Although the punditverse made much of how unpopular a job the Dallas HC is when they were hitting rock bottom on MNF in Green Bay, & how Jerry is too much of a hands-on owner, after the season there will be several marquee name candidates interested in the job.

Jerry's monolithic reputation that overshadows his team includes writing the big checks too, & this isnt some expansion franchise or 3rd rate team, this is the Dallas Cowboys we're talking about. It's still the most hated & feared team in the NFL, & if that = respected, it's that too. I expect Cowher, Billick, Gruden, perhaps even Rob Ryan & Jerry's close friend Jon Fox after Carolina cans him all to look at it seriously.

Go Cowboys
11-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I think it will be interesting to see in a couple weeks how this poll turns out, right now we are in the honeymoon phase so I would say give it a couple weeks cause all we have to go on is a huge win over the Giants.

therock6000
11-21-2010, 11:17 AM
Too soon...but last week's performance didn't hurt my opinion on him as coach.

M.O.T.H.
11-21-2010, 03:02 PM
I just hate the fact that he's so likeable out there. I want to hate the guy because of his ****** playcalling. But he really has a great deameanor as a head coach. That said...I would love to see Romo and crew under a new staff as well. He still has time to win me over...we play some really tough teams soon. This game wouldnt sway my opinion at all...it's the Lions.

therock6000
11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
I just hate the fact that he's so likeable out there. I want to hate the guy because of his ****** playcalling. But he really has a great deameanor as a head coach. That said...I would love to see Romo and crew under a new staff as well. He still has time to win me over...we play some really tough teams soon. This game wouldnt sway my opinion at all...it's the Lions.

Agreed...show me something on a short week against the Saints...

D-Unit
11-21-2010, 10:56 PM
If we got a new head coach and Garrett was our OC. I would HATE HIS GUTS.

As a HC, he's got a lot of good philosophies and practices.

xxxxxxxx
11-21-2010, 11:05 PM
If the saints game is respectable, it will help his cause.

He needs to go 1-2 on this 3 game stretch to keep on pace for the job, 2-1 would put him in great shape, 3-0 and Jerry might as well hire him now.

I think the Colts are the best possibility for a win right now.

Macarthur
11-22-2010, 10:59 AM
There will be better than Garrett available after the season, someone who can make maximum use of what looks to be a rare low draft pick.

Who?

I am withholding my vote, but I'm certainly feeling pretty good about it.

How many times have we all said that a team takes on the personality of it's HC? He's smart. He's intense. He's consistent. He also has a good time. The early reports are that there has been some accountability reinstituted.

All of that sounds good to me. I've been saying for some time that we need someone in between the Parcell's of the world and the Wade's. A coach can be firm and instill discipline, but also not be an a-hole and hated by the players. Guys like Fisher, Harbaugh, MIke Smith all come to mind.

And let's talk about the quote above. Who is going to be available that is better?

Cowher - I'll admit that he's much more of a known entity versus Garrett. However, he is highly overrated and will demand more power and money than I think his track record shows he deserves.

Gruden - Okay, certainly has won a SB, but his last several years in TB were really mediocre. Is he really that great? And he's going to want huge money.

Beyond these two names, you are looking at assistants. And right now, I can't think of an assistant in the NFL that I would rather have than GArrett.

My dream is Fisher, but that's unlikely.

TheFinisher
12-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Thought it'd be a good idea to bump this now that the season is wrapping up. We've had back to back embarrassing performances against the Cardinals and Redskins. Sign me up for a new HC, the team is making all the same dumb mistakes as when Wade was here. Fisher, Gruden or Fox please.

D-Unit
12-29-2010, 02:08 PM
I'd stick with Garrett. The offense is fine. Get a new DC and fix the holes in the defense.

I don't want to see the same thing happen again that happened with Sean Payton.

TheFinisher
12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Yea but that would be just keeping him out of fear that he could have the success that Payton had.

I don't know, I just don't see Garrett ever showing that passion or fire on the sidelines and I can get a pretty good sense that he doesn't show much passion in the locker room either. I want our next coach to bring some heart to this team, I don't think Garrett can do that.

D-Unit
12-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Yea but that would be just keeping him out of fear that he could have the success that Payton had.

I don't know, I just don't see Garrett ever showing that passion or fire on the sidelines and I can get a pretty good sense that he doesn't show much passion in the locker room either. I want our next coach to bring some heart to this team, I don't think Garrett can do that.
If that's what you think is important, then you probably wouldn've hated Tom Landry too.

dsc1600
12-29-2010, 10:34 PM
Part of me wants Garrett as the next coach because I am not sure this teams needs to be blown up yet, like a big named coach might do to put his stamp on things. I think with a few of the right additions (RT, RG, FS, CB depth, some pass rush help) and some of the right subtractions (e.g. cutting Barber to give Choice more carries) we could be back to 11 win territory next yr. That could be wishful thinking, but I think we're still closer to 11 win team than a 5-6 win team.

xxxxxxxx
12-29-2010, 10:49 PM
If jerry let's jason garrett go i may struggle to stay a cowboys fan. If gets some re-tred trash like jeff fisher and garrett goes and becomes a sean payton somewhere else.... idk what i'd do.

It's time to have consistency around here. Let Garrett have the job for the next 10+ years. If there are some bumps and bruises so be it. It's how you win.

Macarthur
12-30-2010, 12:20 PM
I've always been a Garrett fan. Once he got the job, I thought, as we all did, that he did a great job rallying the troops. The last couple of games have given me pause, but I've come back to yes.

There is really only one person that I think makes me think twice - Fisher.

I've now come around to the fact that I think I want Garrett ahead of Fisher.

Let me also address some other names. Outside of Fisher, I think there are only a few names that we should consider. I mean, why would you get rid of Garrett and hire another unproven asst. coach? right?

Cowher - As I've said before, very good coach, but overrated. I think his absence from the game has inflated his legend. This is also a guy that is going to command big money and control. He did not have personnel control in Pitt and I think that would be a huge risk and would not justify the money.

Gruden - Again, overrated. I've read numerous things about how he never seems satisfied with a QB and plays head games with his QBs. We def don't need that.

Dungy - He's not coming back, but I think he's another case of his absence has grown his legend.

D-Unit
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
I agree that this team doesn't need to be blown up yet. Another season missing the playoffs then yes. We'll need a dramatic change then.

1 bad season with Romo going down early on has a fair excuse for forgiveness. We're not as bad as our record reflects. There are some teams who's record really does reflect their win-loss record, but teams like us and Houston... we're better than our records indicate, which make bouncing back next year very possible.