PDA

View Full Version : Boise St. vs. Georgia To Open 2011 Season

diabsoule
11-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Boise St is playing Georgia in the Chick-fil-A game at Ga Dome to start 2011 season.

Yeah, these two teams played each other back in 2005 and Georgia creamed them but that was when all the current players were in junior high. This will be a completely different and I, for one, am really looking forward to it.

BeerBaron
11-19-2010, 04:12 PM
Should be a great matchup. Boise will be losing a number of players, but the should still have Kellen Moore as a senior.

keylime_5
11-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Good to see Boise getting big name teams. I and everyone else still wants to see them play a legit top 5 team, not a 4 loss Oklahoma team or a rebuilding Georgia team. Hopefully they get a big boy in a BCS game this year instead of just TCU like last year.

BeerBaron
11-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Good to see Boise getting big name teams. I and everyone else still wants to see them play a legit top 5 team, not a 4 loss Oklahoma team or a rebuilding Georgia team. Hopefully they get a big boy in a BCS game this year instead of just TCU like last year.

As things stand right now, they probably won't even be in the BCS. TCU would get the auto-bid for the highest non-qualifier, and Boise would likely get left out.

diabsoule
11-19-2010, 05:38 PM
http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2010/11/19/ccripe/newspaper_confirms_boise_stategeorgia_matchup_2011 _season_opener

Boise St. will also open up the 2014 season against Ole Miss in the Georgia Dome in the Chick-Fil-A kickoff classic.

49erNation85
11-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Well its about time they go play sec . It doesn't matter if its top 5 or not they will romp them . And win by 14 points at least . However, UGA is having a descent season withe fresh QB and he is showing good arm power and speed . It will be interesting match up to see how BSU players do in the south weather and conditioning etc . Can't wait already !

SickwithIt1010
11-19-2010, 06:23 PM
As things stand right now, they probably won't even be in the BCS. TCU would get the auto-bid for the highest non-qualifier, and Boise would likely get left out.

except BSU controls their own destiny, many people feel that TCU has no way of holding off BSU if the Broncos win out.

Stoked to hear they have gotten a couple of SEC opponents on the schedule. Love that they are gettin some teams to play that are worth the ****.

Halsey
11-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Sweet! I'm one of many fans who've asked that UGA add a nationally relevant non-conference opponent next year. Score.