PDA

View Full Version : College Gameday Thread: Week 13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

draftguru151
11-23-2010, 01:14 PM
Discuss all week 13 games.

TAMU/UT on Thursday night.

Louisville/Rutgers early Friday. WVU/Pitt at noon. Auburn/Bama and Colorado/Nebraska in the afternoon. Zona/Oregon and Boise Nevada late.

Michigan/OSU, Sparty/PSU, BC/Syracuse and USF/Miami early Saturday. LSU/Arkansas, Florida/FSU, NC State/Maryland and NW/Wisky in the afternoon. SCar/Clemson, GT/UGA, OU/Okie State and Notre Dame/USC at night.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

ncst8fan83
11-23-2010, 01:45 PM
UNC plays Dook. NCSU plays Maryland for the Atlantic Division and a spot in the ACC Championship game. Should be an excellent game.

Brent
11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
TAMU/UT on Thursday night.
saw 'em off.

I'll be a nervous wreck all Thursday.

critesy
11-23-2010, 06:37 PM
iron bowl!!!!!

Chucky
11-23-2010, 06:38 PM
So ******* pumped for Friday

BuckeyeDan17
11-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Oh yes. Can't wait for The Game baby.

RealityCheck
11-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Time to take the bell home, Heels.

JRTPlaya21
11-24-2010, 11:23 AM
Can't wait for another UVA beatdown.

BigJohn98
11-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Go to hell, Gators.

Sniper
11-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Oh yes. Can't wait for The Game baby.

So excited to get aperaped. It's gonna be awesomez!!!!1

Texas, Rutgers, Pitt, Alabama, Nebraska, Oregon, Nevada, Ohio State, Penn State, Boston College, Miami, LSU, Florida, Maryland, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma and USC are your winners.

YAYareaRB
11-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Ill be at the LSU ARK game on the sideline.. Look for me

BuckeyeDan17
11-24-2010, 08:44 PM
So excited to get aperaped. It's gonna be awesomez!!!!1

Texas, Rutgers, Pitt, Alabama, Nebraska, Oregon, Nevada, Ohio State, Penn State, Boston College, Miami, LSU, Florida, Maryland, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma and USC are your winners.

Pessimistic Patty over here. You never know with OSU/Mich dude, I would never make any guarantees. Unless, well, you're just that confident that this year has a different feel to it. Maybe you will be thanking Tressel Monday morning if you hear about Richy Rich getting the ax.

scottyboy
11-24-2010, 09:17 PM
i love rutgers so much that i'm waking up at a crazy hour and going back up to school for the game. yay rutgers!!

Sniper
11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Pessimistic Patty over here. You never know with OSU/Mich dude, I would never make any guarantees. Unless, well, you're just that confident that this year has a different feel to it. Maybe you will be thanking Tressel Monday morning if you hear about Richy Rich getting the ax.

I witnessed Michigan's defense play 12 games already this season and I've seen the Rodster on the road in Big 10 games. Buckeyes will win.

But yes, I'll thank Tressel for finishing the job. Give me Harbaugh!

LizardState
11-25-2010, 06:08 PM
I witnessed Michigan's defense play 12 games already this season and I've seen the Rodster on the road in Big 10 games. Buckeyes will win.

But yes, I'll thank Tressel for finishing the job. Give me Harbaugh!

For Harbaugh you'll have to get in line behind about 3-4 NFL teams, mi amigo..... the Panthers, the Cowboys, the Bungling Bengals, the 9ers....

ESPECIALLY the 49ers.

So psyched for my 50th (or so, give or take) Iron Bowl Friday. All the pundits & ESPN talking heads picking Alabama makes me nervous. Auburn will have its moments on offense but I think their defense is vulnerable on so many levels.

S/B a a Tide win at home with the better defense, the 100,000 screaming fanatics will be a major factor. Look at what other powerhouse EC teams have done on the road this yr, 4-5 major fails when they traveled.

Bama a 4-5-point fave at this time.

RealityCheck
11-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Rooting for 'Bama to win this one. Hell yeah LS.

Sniper
11-25-2010, 06:23 PM
For Harbaugh you'll have to get in line behind about 3-4 NFL teams, mi amigo..... the Panthers, the Cowboys, the Bungling Bengals, the 9ers....

ESPECIALLY the 49ers.

If Michigan offers Harbaugh the job, I'm willing to bet he'll tell the NFL teams to go **** themselves.

Bama a 4-5-point fave at this time.

I like 'Bama by at least a touchdown. I'm not an Auburn believer.

Silver & Blue
11-25-2010, 06:28 PM
If Michigan offers Harbaugh the job, I'm willing to bet he'll tell the NFL teams to go **** themselves.

Exactly, being the coach of Michigan football is pretty much Harbaugh's dream job.

Smooth Criminal
11-25-2010, 06:29 PM
Too much good football this weekend. I'll be getting nothing done yet again.

Sniper
11-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Michigan's defense in Big 10 road games under Rich Rodriguez averages 33.9 points against. Really excited for Saturdayz!!!!!

Brent
11-25-2010, 10:30 PM
oh your ******* god, could that game have been any more stressful?

oh yeah, **** texas. gig em, aggies.

scottyboy
11-26-2010, 07:23 AM
i'm up. leaving for the rutgers game. look for me on tv. i'll be wearing my giant raymell rice jersey.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2010, 07:26 AM
i'm up. leaving for the rutgers game. look for me on tv. i'll be wearing my giant raymell rice jersey.

I'm at work and not happy.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 11:08 AM
RC's Prediction Time

Ingram and Alabama hand Newton's Auburn Tigers their first loss. Alabama 35, Auburn 30.

Oregon wins another one at home. Not much of a blowout though. Oregon 42, Arizona 31.

Boise wins the best WAC matchup in years. Boise State 50, Nevada 37.

The Mountaineers take the Big East title home. West Virginia 21, Pittsburgh 17.

Nebraska's defense is too much for the Buffs. Nebraska 28, Colorado 7.

Mallett manages to pull off the win over Peterson and the LSU defense. Arkansas 27, LSU 23.

TCU annihilates 1-win New Mexico. TCU 67, New Mexico 0.

Denard Robinson almost pulls the upset at the Horseshoe. Ohio State 37, Michigan 33.

Hokies earn trip to ACC Championship Game with comfortable win over UVA. Virginia Tech 34, Virginia 13.

The Seminoles beat intra-state rivals Gators. Florida State 32, Florida 20.

SEC East Champs South Carolina just keep gaining momentum. South Carolina 37, Clemson 23.

USC beats the Golden Domers in a fairly good margin. USC 35, Notre Dame 17.

Weeden and Blackmon dominate as Okie State beats OU. Oklahoma State 43, Oklahoma 35.

Hines
11-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Man, Brandon Hogan is FAST! Too bad he's a trouble maker.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 11:31 AM
The Longhorns might have wanted to block Von Miller......but they didnt. And Texas lost another one -- no bowl for Mack Brown this yr. for the 1st time since 1997.

He was all over Memorial Stadium, sacks, tackles, & the late 4th qtr INT to seal the win for the Aggies. If he isnt a 1st team AA at OLB then the voting is crooked.

Big Kudos to Sherman for the great young team he's built at TAMU that will make some big noise next yr. in the Big 12 South -- 2 true freshman tackles starting getting their OJT vs. the team leading the nation in sacking the QB in the Horns. They allowed a few but it A&M won handily, & with a converted WR in Tannehill at QB. Underrated RB Cyrus Gray ran all over a very bad Horns defense & jr. WR Jeff Fuller (no drops on a cold windy night in Austin) piqued the interest of pro scouts if he decides to declare for the draft. The Aggies are still alive now for a share of the Big 12 South lead.

Hines
11-26-2010, 11:46 AM
Brandon Lindsey is a beast. Quip represent!

Brent
11-26-2010, 12:52 PM
watching WVU/Pitt is ******* awful. these teams are terrible.

Giantsfan1080
11-26-2010, 12:59 PM
watching WVU/Pitt is ******* awful. these teams are terrible.

And that's the best the Big East has to offer this year.

Brent
11-26-2010, 01:01 PM
And that's the best the Big East has to offer this year.
It upsets me because I would love to see how A&M would do in this conference. We'd probably rape teams.

I feel like I have a better arm than Sunseri.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 01:40 PM
It upsets me because I would love to see how A&M would do in this conference. We'd probably rape teams.

I feel like I have a better arm than Sunseri.

Whats terrible is one of these teams has to play in a BCS game....

.....excuse me while i hang myself.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Julio Jones just made himself some money. Keep the cliches coming.

draftguru151
11-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Time for Cam Newton to earn his paycheck.

Go_Eagles77
11-26-2010, 02:00 PM
"The best player in the country... at the wide receiver position... arguably... one of the top 3..."

Haha.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Time for Cam Newton to earn his paycheck.

Is it a paycheck or just a suitcase full of money?

Babylon
11-26-2010, 02:01 PM
The best player in the country... at the wide receiver position... arguably... one of the top 3...

Haha.

That's like saying just kidding, sort of, not really.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Bama is bringin the house.

BeerBaron
11-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Newton looks completely ******* lost out there. And Auburn's Big-12 defense finally started to hurt them....

This has the football gods signature all over it. They've made their hate of the BCS known before, but now they're working through Alabama to make sure a non-AQ school is playing in the damn championship game.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Newton looks completely ******* lost out there. And Auburn's Big-12 defense finally started to hurt them....

This has the football gods signature all over it. They've made their hate of the BCS known before, but now they're working through Alabama to make sure a non-AQ school is playing in the damn championship game.

I wish i knew what the football gods were thinking before i went to the betting window.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 02:17 PM
They're making Julio Jones look like Jerry Rice out there.

Somewhere Lizard is drying himself off.

Chucky
11-26-2010, 02:19 PM
That was the biggest joke of a ******* call on Fairley ever

nepg
11-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Holy **** Marcel Dareus is amazing. Definitely the best DL in the country.

Mr.Regular
11-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Dareus is having a hell of a game. So is Julio "best WR in the nation..arguably in the top 3" Jones.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 02:24 PM
That was the biggest joke of a ******* call on Fairley ever

yeah that was some ****.....but Auburn doesnt look anywhere near prepared for this game.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Holy **** Marcel Dareus is amazing. Definitely the best DL in the country.

Using that logic Fairley and Newton are lousy.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 02:33 PM
Howdy Auburn.

Welcome to the Alabama Slammah!

Today's the day the chickens come home to roost. Just ask Fairley.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 02:35 PM
Can't believe the Auburn secondary forgot about Julio, went up 14-zip, they might want to cover him.

Everybody was waiting for his breakout game? Well, the NFL scouts are in the stands....

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 02:36 PM
That was a heck of a play forcing Ingram to fumble and getting it back. If Auburn comes back it will be because of that play.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Newton dodged the blitzing FS Lester (who was btw tied for the national lead in INTs with 7) & threw it behind the receiver.

LMAO at his Heisman evaporating today.

-3 rushng yds for Auburn, they're shellshocked.

And McElroy hasn't missed yet, only incomplete was a PI penalty that kept the TD drive alive.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
11-26-2010, 02:41 PM
So, any theories on how the system is gonna screw over TCU/Boise this time?

I don't envy the kids on those teams at all right now. SO. MUCH. PRESSURE. I think the future of college football rests in their hands. If they get blown out in the NC, no way another mid-major gets a chance for a long, long time. If they can pull off the unthinkable, that could be the pressure needed to make a major system change. Maybe not an outright playoff, but something will likely happen. If they keep it very competitive, another could get the chance soon. It's gonna be interesting.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Newton dodged the blitzing FS Lester (who was btw tied for the national lead in INTs with 7) & threw it behind the receiver.

LMAO at his Heisman evaporating today.

-3 rushng yds for Auburn, they're shellshocked.

And McElroy hasn't missed yet, only incomplete was a PI penalty that kept the TD drive alive.

This is really enjoyable.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 02:46 PM
So, any theories on how the system is gonna screw over TCU/Boise this time?

I don't envy the kids on those teams at all right now. SO. MUCH. PRESSURE. I think the future of college football rests in their hands. If they get blown out in the NC, no way another mid-major gets a chance for a long, long time. If they can pull off the unthinkable, that could be the pressure needed to make a major system change. Maybe not an outright playoff, but something will likely happen. If they keep it very competitive, another could get the chance soon. It's gonna be interesting.
Well I could See LSU jumping TCU depending on some other games this week. If Boise doesn't thump Nevada I see them staying behind TCU. So I could see a 1 loss SEC team jumping them both rather easily.

But that is a great point, the future is in their hands, if they win or even make it a good game then maybe you see the MWC end up with a Auto Bid and keep the ones it has? If they get blown out everyone that has been calling for an auto bid will be silenced and be referenced to that game.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 02:49 PM
24-zip, Crimson Tide. Eat it, Auburn!

Yes it was a bogus call on Fairley but the SEC refs were getting even for not suspending him after the cheap shot he took on the UGA QB that put him in the hospital. His reputation has preceded him to the Druid City & Bama is doing a decent blocking job on him so far

Newton tried his run behind Ziemba & ran right into Hightower. What worked vs UGA & LSU isnt working today

LizardState
11-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Cam not used to not having open receivers, 3rd coverage sack today

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Well I could See LSU jumping TCU depending on some other games this week. If Boise doesn't thump Nevada I see them staying behind TCU. So I could see a 1 loss SEC team jumping them both rather easily.

But that is a great point, the future is in their hands, if they win or even make it a good game then maybe you see the MWC end up with a Auto Bid and keep the ones it has? If they get blown out everyone that has been calling for an auto bid will be silenced and be referenced to that game.

BSU has to win by a decent margin to stay ahead in the human polls. Idk if the computers factor margin of victory?

Dont take my word on that though.

nepg
11-26-2010, 02:53 PM
They'll probably make Boise and TCU play each other again, which was and will be complete BS. The Big T1en teams might have a chance to jump them. Auburn is getting thumped, and I think they'll lose to SCar and LSU isn't going to the SEC Championship, which should disqualify them from any BCS chances.

nepg
11-26-2010, 02:54 PM
BSU has to win by a decent margin to stay ahead in the human polls. Idk if the computers factor margin of victory?

Dont take my word on that though.

That's correct.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Cam not used to not having open receivers, 3rd coverage sack today

It's hard to do much without blocking and guys getting open, where have i heard that before.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 02:56 PM
"If they get blown out here the voters won't be kind to them" That's profound, you genius!!

Lots of Bama fans in Ft. Worth & Boise today.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 02:57 PM
"If they get blown out here the voters won't be kind to them" That's profound, you genius!!

Lots of Bama fans in Ft. Worth & Boise today.

better ******* believe it.

scottyboy
11-26-2010, 02:59 PM
i haz a big sad

nepg
11-26-2010, 02:59 PM
It's hard to do much without blocking and guys getting open, where have i heard that before.

I think it's time to remember just how little Cam Newton is working with at Auburn. Granted, it's a big time SEC school, so there's definitely some level of talent, but he does soooo much for that team. I don't think there's anyone from that offense that will play on Sundays.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Mark Barron just showed us once more why Tyler Sash, Rahim Moore, DeAndre McDaniel & Deunta Williams are better safeties than he is.

If Auburn has any balls they will onsides kick this, remember Texas in the NC game? Bama s/b looking for it.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I think it's time to remember just how little Cam Newton is working with at Auburn. Granted, it's a big time SEC school, so there's definitely some level of talent, but he does soooo much for that team. I don't think there's anyone from that offense that will play on Sundays.

Cam Newton is their running game, passing game, hell....the guy even has a receiving TD lol. You could say hes a big deal for them.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Lee Ziemba, OT, Sr. says Hi.

princefielder28
11-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Mark Barron just showed us once more why Tyler Sash, Rahim Moore, DeAndre McDaniel & Deunta Williams are better safeties than he is.

Barron is an in-the-box safety so if you're expecting an exceptional coverage guy then look elsewhere

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:03 PM
omfg, 182 yds for Julio before halftime!!

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 03:03 PM
omfg, 182 yds for Julio before halftime!!

OMFGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:06 PM
question for the commercial break: most disappointing major contender team this yr, Texas? Florida? USC got no-bowled & sanctioned so they have an excuse.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 03:09 PM
question for the commercial break: most disappointing major contender team this yr, Texas? Florida? USC got no-bowled & sanctioned so they have an excuse.

texas....no question

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Fairly with a HUGE play.

11-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Texas. They aren't even bowl eligible.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Texas. They aren't even bowl eligible.

ding ding ding.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Les Miles working the clock for Auburn here?

LizardState
McElroy effed up inside the 5. 2nd sack on Cam from Courtney Upshaw, remember that name.

SickwithIt1010
auburns punter is ******* terrible.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Les Miles working the clock for Auburn here?

Chizik needs some serious halftime adjustments..... they need to block the Bama LBs on blitzes b/c they havent all day. Every time Newton steps outside the box he sees nothing but red jerseys

NotRickJames
11-26-2010, 03:17 PM
This game could be over by now. Auburn's lucky to still be in it. Stupid Alabama lineman didn't see the ball was fumbled. Trent Richardson's drop.

Bama's defense is dominant.

Morton
11-26-2010, 03:19 PM
Is anyone else completely not impressed by Marcell Dareus?

Seriously, I wouldn't even spend a first round pick on him. Fairley, yes, but Dareus, no. Completely overrated.

NotRickJames
11-26-2010, 03:20 PM

Seriously, I wouldn't even spend a first round pick on him. Fairley, yes, but Dareus, no. Completely overrated.

How could you not be impressed at least in this game?

He's done a fantastic job of containing Newton. He and Upshaw have been dominant.

LizardState
Auburn has to get Demond Washington some help on Julio on the slant, he's getting 8-9 yds every time.

Babylon

I like his push but dont see a great pass rusher there.

Bills2083
11-26-2010, 03:21 PM
I missed the beginning of the game because of work, and I just saw that Fairley got a personal foul after sacking McElroy. What was the reasoning? I saw nothing that warranted getting a penalty

Babylon
11-26-2010, 03:22 PM
I missed the beginning of the game because of work, and I just saw that Fairley got a personal foul after sacking McElroy. What was the reasoning? I saw nothing that warranted getting a penalty

That call probably isnt made at Auburn, it was a terrible call but hardly a game changer.

NotRickJames
11-26-2010, 03:22 PM

I had no clue what that penalty was. Only thing possible it could've been was excessive celebration, and that would have been ridiculous if that was the call.

Shane P. Hallam
11-26-2010, 03:23 PM
It was excessive celebration, I think Fairley was on a watch list of sorts for that.

Bills2083
11-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the info. If he declares for the draft, what scheme do you see him fitting into? 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT?

nepg
11-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the info. If he declares for the draft, what scheme do you see him fitting into? 3-4 DE or 4-3 DT?

4-3 UT.

How can you not be impressed by Dareus in this game? His job has been to contain Newton, and that's what he's done. Most plays, he isn't trying to rush, he's doing what Suh did most of last year. Using his long arms to keep the OL off of him while he keeps Newton in front of him.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Fairley s/b a decent 4-3 DT in a rotational system. He should have at least one hand on the ground.

He's not the next Warren Sapp or Tommie Harris though, he's a jr. & his talent is still very raw, might actually benefit from staying for his sr. yr.

As a Bama fan I want him to go away :D

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Hightower owns the Auburn front 3 o-linemen. Loss of 1...

Barron overran & fell down, cost his 2nd TD. Auburn has to take long chances now & it paid off, Barron is the weak link.

NotRickJames
11-26-2010, 03:41 PM
Barron blew that so badly.

TACKLE
11-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Barron overran & fell down, cost his 2nd TD. Auburn has to take long chances now & it paid off

Newton owns the Alabama secondary. Gain of 70...;)

Morton
The problem is that the Bama defensive line is not getting ANY pressure on Newton when he decides to pass. He has had all day in the pocket to throw.

Dareus is not a good pass rusher.

Babylon

Barron overran & fell down, cost his 2nd TD. Auburn has to take long chances now & it paid off, Barron is the weak link.

Not time to press the panic button but i wouldnt have a lot of faith in that Bama secondary.

11-26-2010, 03:43 PM
**** just got real.

If Cam pulls this off, he deserves the next three heismans.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Fairley is a throwback to those old Raider types that give you a little something on the bottom of the pile.

nepg
11-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Auburn decided to show up for the second half, apparently.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Ingram isnt exactly tearing it up from what i've seen.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Newton owns the Alabama secondary. Gain of 70...;)

Bama might as well send 5 or 6 guys on every play because they cant cover anyone when Newton has time to throw.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Playcalling starting to suck on offense, by my guess they've run like 95% of the plays from the I or shotgun formation, it killed them vs LSU b/c of penetration.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Playcalling starting to suck on offense, by my guess they've run like 95% of the plays from the I or shotgun formation, it killed them vs LSU b/c of penetration.

And McElroy is looking like himself again after impersonating Joe Willie in the first half.

JoeJoeBrown
11-26-2010, 04:02 PM
The swagger on the field in this game is overwhelming. It should be distilled and sold to the highest bidder.

He who controls the swag, controls the UNIVERSE!!!!

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:07 PM
How can you get penalized for having less than 11 guys on the field? That just seems stupid.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
How can you get penalized for having less than 11 guys on the field? That just seems stupid.

yeah i dont understand that.....12 men i can see....10 doesnt make sense.

Theyre penalizing themselves for only having 10

LizardState
11-26-2010, 04:08 PM
That penalty was a killer

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 04:09 PM
That penalty was a killer

tell your boys to pick it up.

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:09 PM
Wow. We've got a ball-game, folks. Boise and TCU are ******** themselves.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 04:10 PM
We'll find out who the leaders are for Bama because the defense quit on that last drive.

11-26-2010, 04:11 PM
http://iqfb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/heisman-trophy.jpg

It's right there, Cam.

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Alabama's falling apart.

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:15 PM
OK. That was about the dumbest ******* thing I've ever seen someone do on a punt return.

NotRickJames
11-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Alabama's handed this game to Newton on a silver platter. They blew it badly and deserve to lose.

Holy ****** smokes. This is a GREAT game.

Alabama's falling apart.

Not so fast.

Upshaw having the game of his life.

LizardState
Desperate for a break to shift the momentum & we got one! Fumbled punt, Alabama recovered!!!!

Wtf didnt he signal for fair catch? Dumbass...

UKfan
11-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Just looking at the stat sheet (can't see the game atm) man Julio appears to be having him quite the game!

11-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Kickers with #s in the 90s make me lol

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:20 PM
Just looking at the stat sheet (can't see the game atm) man Julio appears to be having him quite the game!

He was out of this world in the first half.

This is quite possibly the game of the year. Auburn's defense got their ish together, and made a huge stop.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow. We've got a ball-game, folks. Boise and TCU are ******** themselves.

im ******** chickens right now.

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:21 PM
Kickers with #s in the 90s make me lol

Wasn't Rhys Lloyd (sp? P/K from Minnesota) #55? That was my favorite kicker number.

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:22 PM

I don't want to know what those 7 asterisks are.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 04:23 PM
time for the flags to fall on Auburn for a chg

LizardState
11-26-2010, 04:24 PM

I think it means he's having sex with poultry now

11-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Wasn't Rhys Lloyd (sp? P/K from Minnesota) #55? That was my favorite kicker number.

Only thing better than kickers with badass numbers is kickers with visors, cowboy collars and sweatbands. I've never had the fortune of seeing one, but I've heard of them in HS.

LizardState
11-26-2010, 04:31 PM
************.........I have to restart my computer

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Lutzenkurchen is probably the best last name in sports.

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Only thing better than kickers with badass numbers is kickers with visors, cowboy collars and sweatbands. I've never had the fortune of seeing one, but I've heard of them in HS.

LOL. I used to love watching the fat ass linemen toe-kickers in high school. I think we were the only team in the area with a real kicker... Getting soccer kids to play football isn't popular in Mississippi, I guess...

11-26-2010, 04:40 PM
LOL. I used to love watching the fat ass linemen toe-kickers in high school. I think we were the only team in the area with a real kicker... Getting soccer kids to play football isn't popular in Mississippi, I guess...

Lol we did that, too. Our kicker was also our RB. He was actually a sick RB and had some potential up here at both RB and DB if he was committed to it. But he wanted to play soccer, which he's done pretty well with.

11-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Anyway, Cam Newton is the second coming. Holy Moly.

soybean
11-26-2010, 04:45 PM
Anyone else think teams in the SEC conspire to get at least one of their teams in the NCG? I mean if you think about it... it makes tons of sense. If every school within the conference gets money if one of their schools goes to the NCG why would teams like Alabama help Boise and TCU by playing spoiler.

Same thing happened last year with Tennessee and Alabama.

Do we really have to believe that a team that was able to score 21 unanswered points in the first quarter somehow lost it? Please.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 04:46 PM
holy cow nice stretch by maze

Babylon
11-26-2010, 04:50 PM

The playcalling is atrocius.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Wow, Your two best Receivers are off the field and you can't convince them to get on the field in this big of a game? Who cares the injury.

Now McElroy is jacked up too....

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:52 PM
McElroy's done. Shoulder is ****** and he looks glazed over.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 04:52 PM
The playcalling is atrocius.

god damn it bama....

lowlife
11-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Looks like a concussion, he looked like he had no idea what the **** was going on

princefielder28
McElroy's done. Shoulder is ****** and he looks glazed over.

yeah, he's concussed

Go Cowboys
Anyone else think teams in the SEC conspire to get at least one of their teams in the NCG? I mean if you think about it... it makes tons of sense. If every school within the conference gets money if one of their schools goes to the NCG why would teams like Alabama help Boise and TCU by playing spoiler.

Do we really have to believe that a team that was able to score 21 unanswered points in the first quarter somehow lost it? Please.

Haha that is a good point never thought about it that way.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Yup, can't walk on his own, he has no idea whats going on.

Now a freshman is gonna have to lead the team with your two playmaking receivers being hurt.

I feel so bad for fans in Boise and Ft. Worth right now.

AS11toFG21
Nice punt.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 04:57 PM
I feel so bad for fans in Boise and Ft. Worth right now.

I will burn the city of Tuscaloosa if they find a way to **** this game up.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 04:57 PM

So let me get this straight. The Alabama players and coaches are going to let Auburn win to get into a title game, yeah that makes sense to me. Please be serious.

nepg
11-26-2010, 04:58 PM
I will burn the city of Tuscaloosa if they find a way to **** this game up.

I think South Carolina pulls off the SEC Championship if Bama continues to fail.

SickwithIt1010
god damn it.

Go Cowboys
So let me get this straight. The Alabama players and coaches are going to let Auburn win to get into a title game, yeah that makes sense to me. Please be serious.
Haha, I think it was more of a joke but its pretty funny how it works out.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 04:59 PM
I think South Carolina pulls off the SEC Championship if Bama continues to fail.

i sure hope so...but it would make me a whole lot more comfortable if Auburn had 2 losses instead of just one.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 04:59 PM
There are a lot of guys on this Bama defense getting exposed in the second half.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Short on the 3rd down..... Do you punt or go for it with 3 minutes left when your on your own 37.

Guess he is going for it...

Jumped right over everyone....Wow.

gpngc
WTF were #30 and #21 doing on that play?

Babylon
Where was Barry Krauss when they needed him.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Stoped on first and 10. NEWTON IS LIMPING

Looks like he got stomped on by accident.

KCJ58
i think newton got his calf stepped on

SickwithIt1010
Stoped on first and 10. NEWTON IS LIMPING

Looks like he got stomped on by accident.

Bama is prolly wishing they didnt take the TO and got the injury time out instead.

gpngc
11-26-2010, 05:02 PM
How long is the play clock?

SickwithIt1010
i think newton got his calf stepped on

i saw the same thing.

He's looked shaken up for a while, foolish commentator.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Bama Defense stepping up right here.

3rd down with about 2 minutes to go.

Delay of game......... Or Timeout :(

So basically a stop means about 1 minute for a Freshman to lead the Tide down to the endzone.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 05:03 PM
i think auburns gonna run the ball here......i throw it if its me.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Well you have to give it up to the Bama Defense win or lose with that last drive they gave their team a shot.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 05:05 PM
i think auburns gonna run the ball here......i throw it if its me.

I would have faked the sweep and thrown overtop and laid down for the first down.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Well you have to give it up to the Bama Defense win or lose with that last drive they gave their team a shot.

The Bama defense has been terrible in the second half. They only played about 30 minutes of football today.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 05:07 PM
bama didnt send anyone after the punt.

Go Cowboys
What a great game, Boise State probably preparing for their game later and seeing this.... TCU sittin and waiting.

Wow, how about we throw a pass interference flag ref?

nepg
Nice effort, Julio.

JRTPlaya21
11-26-2010, 05:08 PM
Wow that woulda been ballgame.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 05:08 PM
The Bama defense has been terrible in the second half. They only played about 30 minutes of football today.
Ya, but they finished on a high note.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Ya, but they finished on a high note.

when it was too late.

What the **** is bama doing? 4th and 10 and you dont get to the sticks? i know it was an incompletion but that is terrible.

Babylon
I hate to use the word choke but Bama has absolutely gagged here in the second half.

BeerBaron
I don't understand what happened here today. It's like word came down from the top NCAA brass during halftime telling Alabama to shut it down. They don't even look like they're trying at all.

Go Cowboys
Ball Game, Bama just blew it.

TCU and Boise still have to hope for a loss to even get a shot.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 05:10 PM
The NCAA just #### their pants.

BeerBaron
The NCAA just #### their pants.

CONSPIRACY!!!!

I don't understand what happened here today. It's like word came down from the top NCAA brass during halftime telling Alabama to shut it down. They don't even look like they're trying at all.

superman
cam newton = money well spent

nepg
11-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Refs decided there's no such thing as pass interference on that last series.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 05:12 PM

It was alomost like they shot their wad in the first half and i can sort of understand that but where were guys like Ingram and Jones to kick someone's ass out there. Did they need to be reminded they were playing Auburn. Cant say i dont mind seeing Saban lose though.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Screw you Auburn. Screw you big time.

Go Cowboys
11-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Refs decided there's no such thing as pass interference on that last series.
Yup, they didn't wanna be the reason the undefeated team got beat. The NCAA would have fired all of them if they threw flags that woulda moved them to field goal position.

Probably not true but I doubt they wanted to be the main reason a team lost.

Vikes99ej
11-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow, eat **** Alabama. One of the biggest chokes I've ever seen. I hope Auburn wins the NC, more allegations come out with Scam Newton, and AU has to give the title back

soybean
11-26-2010, 05:18 PM

"Cash rules everything around me" You wouldn't believe the power money has in a lot of these things.

the conference gets 12 million dollars if one of their schools makes an appearnce in the NCG. That's one million dollars a school.

I have a hard time believe pride can overwhelm the influence of money. If Bama wins tcu/bsu goes to the NCG. I highly doubt the SEC is going to let the WAC get their money.

I mean do they really want us to believe that a team that comnpletely domintaed the ENTIRE first quarter. with 3 UNANSWERED touchdowns suddenly forgot how to score or play defense?

Babylon
11-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Has anyone ever had two totally diametric halfs of football than McElroy.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 05:19 PM
I'm worried about Lizard State, anyone heard from him?

nepg
11-26-2010, 05:20 PM
"Cash rules everything around me" You wouldn't believe the power money has in a lot of these things.

the conference gets 12 million dollars if one of their schools makes an appearnce in the NCG. That's one million dollars a school.

I have a hard time believe pride can overwhelm the influence of money. If Bama wins tcu/bsu goes to the NCG. I highly doubt the SEC is going to let the WAC get their money.

I mean do they really want us to believe that a team that comnpletely domintaed the ENTIRE first quarter. with 3 UNANSWERED touchdowns suddenly forgot how to score or play defense?

Alabama probably lost more than a million dollars from bowl selections by losing today...

Babylon
11-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Alabama probably lost more than a million dollars from bowl selections by losing today...

There were a few guys, including Saban, who i would have pee in a jar after that tank job.

Morton
11-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Isn't it obvious that this game was fixed by the SEC to prevent talk of Boise St. / TCU appearing in the national championship?

TitanHope
11-26-2010, 05:26 PM

Lizzy's last post, but he's probably too busy raging to mess with his CPU now.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Lizzy's last post, but he's probably too busy raging to mess with his CPU now.

I hope the wife has the wherewithall to take away his belt and shoelaces.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Now it's all clear I guess.

The NCAA will do anything to get more money and keep BSU and TCU out of the NC, even if that involves screwing their current champion, who is one of their most loyal programs.

**** this organization. Just **** it.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Wow, eat **** Alabama. One of the biggest chokes I've ever seen. I hope Auburn wins the NC, more allegations come out with Scam Newton, and AU has to give the title back

**** that, just screw em before the game and let BSU play for it lol.

BeerBaron
11-26-2010, 05:46 PM

The NCAA will do anything to get more money and keep BSU and TCU out of the NC, even if that involves screwing their current champion, who is one of their most loyal programs.

Totally. Saban probably went in for halftime and was...."taken aside" by two gentleman in black suits with sunglasses to "have a word." They probably showed him a picture of his family being held hostage and was told that if he ever wants to see them alive again, he needs to throw the 2nd half.

I mean seriously. I'm not sure how else to explain how they went from dominating to sucking THAT badly like that.....inexplicable mental lapses, poor coaching......it's just unbelievable.

The Football Gods will get the last laugh. Maybe not this year, but it won't be long....they'll end the BCS one way or another.

Smooth Criminal
11-26-2010, 05:51 PM

**** this organization. Just **** it.

I bet on Auburn to win this game simply cause I thought the BCS would have it fixed. I though Bama was a better team at home, but then I realized there was way too much money on the line for this game to not be fixed.

Boise or TCU making the National title costs the BCS a ton of money. I don't think they'll let it happen.

Morton
11-26-2010, 05:56 PM
How can anyone be surprised that these games are fixed? I mean, come on. You're supremely naive if you don't think the SEC has its best interests at heart during these games.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 06:02 PM
How can anyone be surprised that these games are fixed? I mean, come on. You're supremely naive if you don't think the SEC has its best interests at heart during these games.

It would be a hell of a conspiracy because a lot of Bama players had a hand in it. That secondary was atrocius at times in the second half. It was like they came to the conclusion they werent the better team and decided to roll over.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 06:05 PM
That secondary was atrocius at times in the second half.
Here is the crime scene.

The best players to be manipulated are the secondary players. They just need to slow down and let the WRs catch.

Come on, NCAA. If you're going to fix games, do it in a good way, not an obvious one.

703SKINS202
11-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Do you guys really think Bama players and coaches threw the game?

BeerBaron
Here is the crime scene.

The best players to be manipulated are the secondary players. They just need to slow down and let the WRs catch.

Come on, NCAA. If you're going to fix games, do it in a good way, not an obvious one.

I bet they didn't expect Auburn to be that bad and had to scramble to get something in place.

Babylon
Here is the crime scene.

I just wish they would tell us when the fix is on so we can make some money on it.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 06:09 PM

I dont, i think they stunk enough on their own to allow Auburn back in the game. There were some bad calls in the second half but even a little smarts and effort on the Tide's part and they would have won.

Smooth Criminal
11-26-2010, 06:13 PM
It's easy to find the fix. If the BCS or a conference has a lot of money on the line, the fix is in. These amounts of money were talking about are far to much to ever be left to random chance.

BeerBaron
11-26-2010, 06:13 PM

To stay a sports fan, you have to put things like that out of your mind....so I truly hope nothing fishy was going on.

It was awfully suspicious though, was it not? To go from absolute dominance to absolute awfulness over halftime? Idk about that.....

Smooth Criminal
11-26-2010, 06:16 PM
To stay a sports fan, you have to put things like that out of your mind....so I truly hope nothing fishy was going on.

It was awfully suspicious though, was it not? To go from absolute dominance to absolute awfulness over halftime? Idk about that.....

Those pesky halftime adjustments must have been pretty epic today.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Maybe Nevada will beat BSU in a similar fashion to the Auburn/Bama game.

If this happens, then we have a conspiracy.

Smooth Criminal
11-26-2010, 06:26 PM
I doubt that. I would guess this one came from the SEC, and the WAC certainly wants Boise to win.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I doubt that. I would guess this one came from the SEC, and the WAC certainly wants Boise to win.
I personally think it's not a conference matter, but an NCAA matter as a whole.

Babylon
11-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm not buying conspiracy theories on this one. Someone isnt sitting there in the NCAA headquarters saying "let's get Cam Newton playing for the BCS title".

My guess is Bama decided to just show up for the second half and did very little to counteract Auburn. I'd blame a lot of their effort to coaching. If there was to be anything shady it would be Saban and his staff.

SickwithIt1010
11-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Maybe Nevada will beat BSU in a similar fashion to the Auburn/Bama game.

If this happens, then we have a conspiracy.

not shot my man.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm not buying conspiracy theories on this one. Someone isnt sitting there in the NCAA headquarters saying "let's get Cam Newton playing for the BCS title".
It's not that they want Auburn in the NC. It's that they don't want BSU and TCU in the NC.

Now, Zona is up 7-0 with 4 mins left in the 1st. Familiar situation?

Hurricanes25
11-26-2010, 06:41 PM

My guess is Bama decided to just show up for the second half and did very little to counteract Auburn. I'd blame a lot of their effort to coaching. If there was to be anything shady it would be Saban and his staff.

Agreed. The better team won the game. It's that simple.

Smooth Criminal
11-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Well Oregon is actually the better team so them winning wont look like anything suspicious.

wicket
11-26-2010, 06:48 PM
and here I was thinking that oregon TEnd was wide open, boy was that put in perspective

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Agreed. The better team won the game. It's that simple.
They might have been the better team, but they won in a VERY odd way.

Hurricanes25
11-26-2010, 06:52 PM
They might have been the better team, but they won in a VERY odd way.

Honestly, I think Alabama was content with how the first half went and failed to make any adjustments at half time. IMO, Saban was out-coached.

critesy
11-26-2010, 06:54 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha **** all you mother gfuckers hjahahahah, conspricary ahahahahahahahahaha. yall have me laughing like crazy, all these haters. woooooooooooowwwwwww, auburn wins and now its a conspiracy. every ****** week its auburn loosing and they end up winnning so **** all you. **** **** you. i think by now were supposed to have like 4-5 loses according to all your precidtions. BOOM. like seriously, what excuse is going to come up next week for the scar game. (btw, moth.. this is what we wanted.. neutral site, going to be a freakin crazy game omgomg) everyone is so butthurt that they dont have cam newton and were winniing.

RealityCheck
11-26-2010, 06:57 PM
every ****** week its auburn loosing and they end up winnning so **** all you.
Auburn hasn't lost in a while, I guess.

critesy
11-26-2010, 06:57 PM
also, so many quotes i wanna reply to saying "hahahah **** you" that ill just leave it at this. **** you.

critesy
11-26-2010, 07:00 PM
also.. alabama 20 in a row at home... see ya.

CashmoneyDrew
11-26-2010, 07:02 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha **** all you mother gfuckers hjahahahah, conspricary ahahahahahahahahaha. yall have me laughing like crazy, all these haters. woooooooooooowwwwwww, auburn wins and now its a conspiracy. every ****** week its auburn loosing and they end up winnning so **** all you. **** **** you. i think by now were supposed to have like 4-5 loses according to all your precidtions. BOOM. like seriously, what excuse is going to come up next week for the scar game. (btw, moth.. this is what we wanted.. neutral site, going to be a freakin crazy game omgomg) everyone is so butthurt that they dont have cam newton and were winniing.

Nah seriously. Tell us how you really feel.

critesy
11-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Nah seriously. Tell us how you really feel.
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

keylime_5
11-26-2010, 07:09 PM
What I don't get is how after Ohio State beat Oregon down by holding Oregon to like 19 minutes in time of possession, every team that plays Oregon this year uses a hurry up, quick strike offense - which just plays into Oregon's hands of extending the game. Tackle well, don't get out of position, and play for time of possession on offense and you will beat them.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:12 PM
I love watching Foles quarterback. He is so pro ready now, but I would like to see him stay another year, he will be a top 10 pick next year.

11-26-2010, 07:13 PM

Conspiracy my ass. Newton might not even make it to the NC.

JoeJoeBrown
11-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Auburn is going to buttrape Oregon. This defense is attrocious. And auburns dline will dominate the LOS.

critesy
11-26-2010, 07:19 PM
sorry for getting all crazy... kinda calmed down and not as hammered. but i had to say something to all the people saying conspiracy/auburn sucks/blah blah blah. deal with it.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:21 PM
James got smoked there

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Wow, that was a big hit. What a bull **** call too.

gpngc
11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Are all of you joking?

What physically occurred in this game that could lead anyone to believe that this game was fixed.

Specifically.

-Auburn converting the 4th and 3?
-Mcelroy severely injuring his shoulder?
-Auburn completely outplaying them in the second half?

The secondary was manipulated? That is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The secondary is ******** their pants pre-play because they don't want to get trucked in the running game. It's ******* hard to play DB against a team with a stud RB who can also happen to make plays with his arm.

If you really are that cynical, why are you a fan at all? Why do you watch games if you think certain games are fixed from the start? Like what's the point?

When Fairley made the play of the game (would've been 31-7 at half), that was just part of the fix? Did you see Mcelroy's reaction? GTFO.

And I'll give you a perfect example... right before the half some dude made a catch on the sideline off a tip for Auburn. The official immediately called in incomplete. If you looked at it further, there could have been an argument to say he had control when his toe was still on the ground. THEY DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO REVIEW IT. Something that "fixers" could really control is that and they could have easily given Auburn that call (would have been 3 points probably), but they didn't.

Conspiracy theories without any evidence are ridiculous.

The Unseen
wow that was a TERRIBLE call.

CashmoneyDrew
What a stupid ass penalty.

Smooth Criminal
11-26-2010, 07:23 PM
Well that's some ********. Football really is turning into a joke.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:23 PM
he should've just pulled his flag off, i guess. or is this two hand touch?
it is breathe on the guy so he goes down.

Brent
11-26-2010, 07:24 PM
someone doesnt want Oregon to lose this one.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Conspiracy theories. Ricky Elmore is a fun player to watch. fyi

Brent
11-26-2010, 07:25 PM
how was that a first down!?

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
FUMBLED
no flag?

Brent
11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
and there is your redemption, Zona.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Vassallo is playing out of his mind, I love it!

Smooth Criminal
Nice to see it all work out as it should have.

RealityCheck
I honestly think Oregon is indeed the worst among the 4 undefeated teams.

Brent
11-26-2010, 07:28 PM
I love what Mike Stoops has done with this program.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Offensive PI?

Brent
11-26-2010, 07:29 PM
that was hardly PI

bored of education
I love what Mike Stoops has done with this program.

Me too, Brent. Easily my fav team west of TCU :)

CashmoneyDrew
I'm fully on the Foles train with BOE. He and Barkley will battle it our next season.

And damn, he almost makes me immediately eat my words.

Brent
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Hey, Foles, go into the draft so the Niners have another guy to possibly draft.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Jeeeeebus that was close.

CashmoneyDrew
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM
If the defense is offsides and it's unabbaited to the QB, how can you have holding?

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm fully on the Foles train with BOE. He and Barkley will battle it our next season.

And damn, he almost makes me immediately eat my words.

I hate doingthis but :
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41081&highlight=foles

The color commentator just decribed what I loved about FOles, he does more reading of the defense and goes through progressions like no onther college QB and has very good accuary and a very good arm :)

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Lets go AZ. PUNCH IT IN!

iBoldin
11-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Boggles my mind how you can call holding on the guy that's trying to block the player that went offsides.

bored of education
11-26-2010, 07:36 PM
Boggles my mind how you can call holding on the guy that's trying to block the player that went offsides.

This game has made me have to re-open a rule book several times :/