PDA

View Full Version : Packers at Falcons [Week 12]

Sportsfan486
11-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Alright, we need a thread up for this.

I don't feel like we'll have four dominating games in a row, especially with this being the best QB we'll have faced for an entire game.

I'm going 31-27 Pack.

A couple more in depth predictions;
Roddy White has 10+, 140+, 2 TD+
No turnovers for either team but 4+ sacks for both.
Rodgers leads his first true game-winning drive with under 3:00 remaining in the game, down 24-27.

J-Mike88
11-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Rodgers leads his first true game-winning drive with under 3:00 remaining in the game, down 24-27.
God that would be absolutely perfect!
That's really all that's missing from him getting to that elite level, at least in the regular season.

I would expect some turnovers though, in this game.

We lose all our games by 3 points, if we lose. Let's win a close one. I'd pay money for your scenario to come true, except I am WAY sick or Rod White putting up big numbers like that. Also, I want some picks on Matty Ice. I want to see us treat him like we did Peyton Manning in 2008: a pair of 99-yard pick-6's. Remember those? Even Aaron Rouse got one.

Sportsfan486
11-24-2010, 12:07 AM
The Falcons D isn't really that ball-hawking, imo.

And I just feel like our D is due for a little roadbump, although I agree that Ryan is due for a surge of picks.

We need Rodgers to get that come from behind last minute victory. We're not going to win playoff games until he gets it, imo.

BloodBrother
11-24-2010, 01:38 AM
Wait, did you guys forget opening game of last season vs Chicago? Rodgers connected with Jennings on a game winning TD with 1:11 left in the 4th.

In any case, Atlanta is a smart team who makes little mistakes. Packers need to be on top of their game. Good thing they played in a dome this past week, gives them extra preparation for the atmosphere they will be in. Tramon vs Roddy White should be a good match-up. Best of all, with them changing the starting time of the game, I'll be able to get it here in CA

as for a prediction, I got this being a close game with the Pack wining 24-20

Sportsfan486
11-24-2010, 01:43 AM
Wait, did you guys forget opening game of last season vs Chicago? Rodgers connected with Jennings on a game winning TD with 1:11 left in the 4th.

I did forget. :(

Still, he needs to improve from 1 out of 12 or however many chances.

GB12
11-24-2010, 01:45 AM
The start time never changed. It's still a noon game which sucks because I might have to miss part or all of it. Mother ******. I was really hoping they'd flex this game to Sunday night.

BloodBrother
11-24-2010, 01:47 AM
yeah woops, it was one of the games FOX decided to protect. In any case, Sunday should be good. I'll get the Packers game early, then the Eagles/Bears game in the afternoon. By 4 PM, I'm hoping for a clean sweep with a Packers win and a Bears loss

GB12
11-24-2010, 01:49 AM
Right but still, I don't get why they didn't at least move it to the late game on Fox.

Sportsfan486
11-24-2010, 01:49 AM
The start time never changed. It's still a noon game which sucks because I might have to miss part or all of it. Mother ******. I was really hoping they'd flex this game to Sunday night.

Hmm, Indy vs San Diego is a rivalry sorta game, not surprised we didn't get it.

Look at that juicy Monday Night matchup though, for the second week in a row. *yawn*

J-Mike88
11-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Here's more from the great Bob McGinn:
Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons Breakdown | Packers Insider (http://packersinsider.com/?p=2698)

Here's some more stuff from this matchup.

We lost to them 2 years ago in Green Bay (Matt Ryan's rookie season). Everyone knows Atlanta is A LOT better home team. Ryan has only lost 1 game as a starter at home in his career. But they beat us in a close game in Green Bay 2 years ago.

Rodgers had a good game, so did Matt Ryan. The difference that day was mostly the running game. They pounded us for 176 yards on the ground.

Also, we missed a field goal, they didn't. And they sacked Rodgers 2 times, we didn't touch Matt Ryan. We didn't have Clay Matthews then.

All that added up to a close game, and for some reason, Matt Ryan has won his close games, while Rodgers has lost most of his close games. As you guys know, all three of our losses this season were by 3 points, and counting the previous loss to that, the OT loss in Arizona, we've lost 4 close games, 3 in overtime, with Rodgers having 5 series to win those games, and he didn't get the job done. Excuses aside, the fact of the matter so far is that Ryan has demonstrated that for some reason, he's had a clutch knack for coming up big late in tight games. Hence "MATTY ICE".

Either the Packers win by 7+ here, or Atlanta will win a close game and give us Packer fans the same sick feeling we had in Washington, in Chicago, and vs Miami.

This is the box score of our game vs Atlanta 2 seasons ago. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008100503/2008/REG5/falcons@packers/analyze

BloodBrother
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Look at that juicy Monday Night matchup though, for the second week in a row. *yawn*

Good. Screw ESPN

drowe
11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Randomness.

-This game is too good to be on at Noon.

-The Falcons strike me as a team with no weaknesses...but no glaring strengths. Roddy White is great, but his greatness is leveled off by the mediocre pass catchers he plays with. Matt Ryan will be great. Now, he's good. The o-line is good. The defense is solid, but unspectacular. I see this game going to whoever can make the big plays and/or avoid mistakes.

-Maybe I'm in the minority, but the fact that this game is in Atlanta doesn't bother me at all. Home or Away hasn't dictated how the Packers have played this year.

-We need to enjoy the lead-up to this game. Because, once it's over, we're gonna be faced with overreactions from the media. Win, and people won't be able to mention the Packers without saying the 'SB' word. Lose, and, our 4 game winning streak is ancient history and we go from Superbowl contenders, to just another team fighting for a playoff spot.

Sportsfan486
11-24-2010, 02:09 PM
-We need to enjoy the lead-up to this game. Because, once it's over, we're gonna be faced with overreactions from the media. Win, and people won't be able to mention the Packers without saying the 'SB' word. Lose, and, our 4 game winning streak is ancient history and we go from Superbowl contenders, to just another team fighting for a playoff spot.

So we want to root for the Packers to lose?

I hate it when people pile on expectations. When was the last time a Wisconsin team did well with huge expectations on them? The 1997 Packers?

J-Mike88
11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I gotta feeling this game will come down to one play again, or like the Bears loss, the Dolphins loss, and even the Redskins loss, or the Vikings first win, it will be close enough that the losing team will have a valid argument that one or two clearly bad calls were enough to make the difference in who won or lost.

They're not always "excuses". They're often as valid as fumbles or tipped passes that find a defensive guy.

Ask yourself this: if it does come down to the final 2-4 minutes, who would you put your money on to come away with the tight win?

PACKmanN
11-24-2010, 10:33 PM
I gotta feeling this game will come down to one play again, or like the Bears loss, the Dolphins loss, and even the Redskins loss, or the Vikings first win, it will be close enough that the losing team will have a valid argument that one or two clearly bad calls were enough to make the difference in who won or lost.

They're not always "excuses". They're often as valid as fumbles or tipped passes that find a defensive guy.

Ask yourself this: if it does come down to the final 2-4 minutes, who would you put your money on to come away with the tight win?

Falcons, the offense has guys with more experience than the Packers, even if the Packers' offense is more talented, but it's even at the moment(injuries make it either way)

J-Mike88
11-27-2010, 08:22 AM
THIS GAME IS HUGE

With a Falcons win, they go 3 games ahead of the Packers and we have no prayer of a #1 seed.

With a Packers win, we'd technically be ahead of them and in good position for a #1 or #2 seed, which is a playoff bye, and then a home game.

I just found this over at another Packers Forum, some good stuff here from the good guys at ColdHardFootballFacts.

Aaron Rodgers and the statistically prolific Packers (7-3) roll into Atlanta to face Matt Ryan and the Falcons, who boast the best record in the NFC (8-2).
The winner enters December with an inside track on the No. 1 seed in the NFC playoffs.
Three Things You Should Care About

1. Aaron Rodgers is about to enter the realm of statistical greatness.

The NFL requires a minimum of 1,500 career pass attempts to qualify for "official" records. Rodgers has attempted 1,470. With an average of 33 attempts per game this year, he has a good chance of crossing that 1,500-attempt threshold on Sunday. And when he does, his name will be high on the list of several critical measures of pass efficiency -- the kind of indicators in which the Cold, Hard Football Facts place the most value.
Rodgers has been tremendous since he became the full-time starter in Green Bay in 2008. His 103.2 passer rating in 2009 was the highest by any Packers quarterback since the great Bart Starr himself in his MVP season of 1966 (105.0) and his shortened nine-game season of 1968 (104.3).
Rodger's career rating (96.87) is second-best in NFL history, a micro-shade ahead of Steve Young (96.81) and behind only his current stat-monster contemporary, Philip Rivers (97.27), on the all-time list.

Perhaps more impressively, Rodgers boasts what is easily the best TD-INT ratio ever. We put a lot of stock in this indicator because it indicates great production while minimizing killer mistakes. Rodgers has thrown 2.6 touchdowns for every INT (78-30). It's a mind-blowing number by the historic standards of the NFL. It's well ahead of the next two guys on the list:
• Philip Rivers throws 2.39 TDs for every pick (129-54).
• Tom Brady throws 2.37 TDs for every pick (244-103).
Some other notables on the TD-INT ratio list? Peyton Manning (2.05 to 1); Joe Montana (1.96 to 1); Dan Marino (1.67 to 1); Brett Favre (1.52 to 1), just to name a few.
Barring any unforeseen disasters, Rodgers will "officially" be a statistical giant on Monday morning.

Of course, Rodgers (and Rivers for that matter) still must stand under a shower of confetti in February before their reputations will match their historic productivity.

2. That Matt Ryan kid ain't half bad either, especially at home.

Atlanta's third-year quarterback has been deadly at home. He's 18-1 in Atlanta and that lone loss was a narrow 24-20 defeat to the Broncos back in his rookie year of 2008. You rarely see that kind of stretch of success out of a Hall of Fame veteran at the peak of his career, let alone out of a young player in his earliest days.

Ryan's home numbers are impressive, as you'd expect to see from any quarterback during a long string of success. Here's his cumulative performance in 19 home games:
• 347 of 540 (64.3 percent), 4,159 yards, 7.7 YPA, 28 TD, 12 INT, 95.75 rating
Wow, that's great stuff. But don't put another victory in the win column for Atlanta just yet. Green Bay is tied with the Bears for the best defense in football this year (14.6 PPG). And its pass defense in particular provides a formidable challenge.
We measure pass defenses not by yards allowed -- really a useless indicator -- but by Defensive Passer Rating. We take the formula used to rate a quarterback's passing efficiency and apply it to a team's defensive stats. It has an incredibly high correlation to team success.

The Packers right now are No. 2 in Defensive Passer Rating (66.46). Only the Bears are better, and just barely (66.42). Green Bay has allowed just nine TD tosses all year, with 15 picks. Opponents complete a mere 55.9 percent of their passes; only the Jets are better in this department (51.0 percent). Green Bay is also No. 2 in yards per pass attempt against them (6.46). It's a great pass defense, in other words.
With all that said, the Packers have not exactly faced a murderers' row of quarterbacks: Michael Vick in Week 1, Mark Sanchez and Week 8 and that's about it for good quarterbacks leading good teams on Green Bay's schedule so far.
Bottom line: Green Bay's pass defense vs. Ryan at home represents what might be the toughest battle for both sides all year.

3. The Packers are the most efficient, well-run team in football this year.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts put a lot of stock in efficiency over volume. Efficient teams win games, regardless of how prolific they might be.
You should put a lot of stock in efficiency, too. After all, teams that win the efficiency battle by our measure win about 85 percent of the time. Few indicators outside of final score have such an incredibly high correlation to success on Sunday.
We measure defensive efficiency through what we call the Bendability Index, our very successful effort to quantify the mysterious "bend but don't break" phenomenon. We measure offensive efficiency by what we call the

Scoreability Index.
Right now, no team in football is more efficient on both sides of the ball than Green Bay. The Packers are No. 1 in Bendability: they force opponents to march an incredible 155 yards to score the equivalent of one touchdown and extra point. That's a lot of work and a lot of wasted effort by opponents with little result.

(For comparison's sake, the Chargers are dead last this year in Bendability: opponents need just 89 yards to put seven points on the board. Now you know why San Diego is just 5-5 despite its incredible rankings in most traditional indicators: they're an inefficient team.)

The Packers, meanwhile, are No. 3 in Scoreability, too. They're highly effective at turning just a few yards into a lot of points. Green Bay needs just 97 yards of offense to put the equivalent of seven points on the board.
A lot of factors go into a highly efficient team, at least the way we track it: teams that win the turnover battle, that are good on special teams, that force big plays on defense and that play well in the red zone rank very highly in our efficiency indicators. The Packers, in other words, are an efficient, well-coached team that plays smart situational football and takes advantage of opportunities presented to it on both sides of the ball.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts
Atlanta is well equipped to handle Green Bay's playmaking defense. The Falcons right now field the best offensive line in football, according to our Offensive Hog Index. And that unit will play a key role on Sunday.
The Packers are among the best in football at getting after the quarterback, as evidenced by their NFC-leading 29 sacks. Linebacker Clay Matthews leads the charge with 11.5 sacks, the most by any player this year.

Atlanta counters with one of the best pass-blocking units in football: Ryan is pressured into a sack or interception on just 5.1 percent of dropbacks. Only Peyton Manning suffers fewer mistakes (4.2 percent).

Provided Atlanta's offensive line plays up to its potential on Sunday, it neutralizes one of Green Bay's typical advantages: its playmaking defense.
The Falcons also have a better record overall, they're a solid club, and they're virtually unbeatable at home. It's hard to go against that kind of trend.

But they do have one critical weakness: the Falcons are merely mediocre on pass defense. They rank a mere No. 21 in Defensive Passer Rating, and have allowed 18 TD passes this year. That weakness does not bode well against the statistically prolific Rodgers, who will exploit that weakness and enter the "official" NFL record books in style.

The Pick
This is one of the toughest games to gauge we've seen this year: Green Bay is statistically proficient, while the Falcons never lose at home.
Here's the difference: Green Bay has surrendered just 10 points in its last three games, the best stretch of defense by any team in football this year. The Falcons, meanwhile, are soft on pass defense and face a red-hot quarterback. It adds up to a rare loss in Atlanta for the Falcons.

Green Bay 24, Atlanta 23
(Week 11 prediction: New England 27, Indianapolis 26. Result: New England 31, Indianapolis 28.)

J-Mike88
11-27-2010, 10:07 AM
ESPN AccuScore Prediction vs Atlanta:
mK_DOdCQB-Y

Field Pass, Marcellus Wiley & Teddy Bruschi
aim5oqwK8S0

Pack_Attack_4
11-27-2010, 12:27 PM
my pridicyion is Packers 31 ATL 20

i think A rod lights up there secondary and has a huge game, and our D holds matty ice in check.

J-Mike88
11-27-2010, 05:45 PM
my pridicyion is Packers 31 ATL 20

i think A rod lights up there secondary and has a huge game, and our D holds matty ice in check.
Hope you're right PA4.

I think it's a game that we need Clay Matthews to take over. If Ryan has time and gets into a rythym back there, I see him picking us apart like Drew Brees did a couple years ago on primetime in New Orleans.

But Matthews can blow everything up. He's due for a hat trick.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1288901_o.gif

TitleTown088
11-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Anyone got a good link?

cvv84
11-28-2010, 12:24 PM
Zombo gets the sack but Matthews was held like a mo-fo on that 3rd and short.

GB12
11-28-2010, 12:38 PM
I know he didn't get the first, but it's still good to see Nance keep going after it looked like he was stopped right away.

umphrey
11-28-2010, 12:39 PM
home field advantage for the lose

2 spots should have been firsts now

cvv84
11-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Damn these really are some dirty birds. I've seen at least 3 holds, a facemask, they pile on Trammon during that punt return, and now shove Swain when he was clearly out of bounds.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 12:52 PM
******* pathetic playcalling and execution in the red zone today. PATHETIC

Sportsfan486
11-28-2010, 01:03 PM
How The **** Did You Not Challenge That?! You Get The Ball Back And A Chance To Score Before The Half, Instead They're Getting Points. It Wasn't Even Close Toa Catchj He ******* Dropped It You Morons.

Sportsfan486
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Well, this is good. If we keep playing like this we're getting blown out.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 01:09 PM
Man some of these guys on defense don't even look like they want to play. This is definetly a team that needs to wake up.

umphrey
11-28-2010, 01:10 PM
I hate this game. We are playing good but things are always just out of reach, literally.

Sportsfan486
11-28-2010, 01:12 PM
I hate this game. We are playing good but things are always just out of reach, literally.

How do we sneak in twice at the goal line? After we got stuffed? Horrible call.
AND HE DROPPED THE 4TH DOWN BALL. THROPW THE ******* CHALL;ENGE FLSG.ST./Gsdt>? We just gave them 7 points cuz we didn't want to throw a challenge flag.

Sportsfan486
11-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Jackson doesn't know how to run a footnball. Coulda got a first, instead a -5 yard.

We're going to lose this game. Bleh.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Jackson doesn't know how to run a footnball. Coulda got a first, instead a -5 yard.

He needs to get upfield. He thinks he has Chris Johnson moves and make guys miss. Gotta run north/south in this system.

GB12
11-28-2010, 01:43 PM
Forget running with Jackson. When we run, give it to Kuhn up the middle.

dunagan15
11-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Enjoy the two-faced ATL defense, to managing to being absolutely horrible.

Heres a hint: If you want a gauranteed win, just throw bombs to Grime's side all day, he is horrible, and always has been.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 01:54 PM
3 man rush? Check. Poor tackling? Check. ATL 1st down? Check.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Our secondary just seems lost. No communication back there at all.

dunagan15
11-28-2010, 02:11 PM
How is that a Penalty? Im sorry guys thats just dumb, shouldnt have been, god forbid someone stiff arm

cvv84
11-28-2010, 02:18 PM
How could you not see that coming? We had 3 WRs covered by 2 DBs, one of them clearly was blitzing. No excuse not to get that conversion there.

I'm not impressed with either of these teams.

princefielder28
11-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Kuhn needed to be given a chance on one of those plays

Hawk
11-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Nice Favre-esque flip on 4th down. Big play. Lets just get the TD here now.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Jordyzzzz!

Hawk
11-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Yes Jorddyyzzzzzzzzz

dunagan15
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
And again our vanilla defense refuses to blitz and watches you guys just run down the field. Dont be too suprised...this happens every game, Our defense blows.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Unreal.... unfuckingreal.... Special teams ***** us again.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 02:43 PM
Trammon adds to his ****** day with another missed tackle.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Mike Stock better be looking for a new job on Monday. Unexcusably play by his special teams.

PackerLegend
11-28-2010, 02:55 PM
Way to not challenge the Tony G 4th down catch. It wouldn't have been 3-10 at half had it been challenged. At the 1 twice and we get 3 points? seriously

cvv84
11-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Way to not challenge the Tony G 4th down catch. It wouldn't have been 3-10 at half had it been challenged. At the 1 twice and we get 3 points? seriously

Either way we played like ****. Poor tackling yet again and poor execution/play calling in the red zone. That was one play in a game which we made numerous mistakes.

Boston
11-28-2010, 02:58 PM
I swear to god half the Packer fans on this board are ******* ********.

dunagan15
11-28-2010, 03:05 PM
Good game fellas, turned out to be a good one, seemed like every other series for both teams O or D just looked lost and terrible.

umphrey
11-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I'd pretty much rather kill myself than watch us play Atlanta in Atlanta in the playoffs

J-Mike88
11-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Mike Stock better be looking for a new job on Monday. Unexcusably play by his special teams.
Stock was already fired after the 2008 season.
The current Special Teams coach is Shawn Slocum, who is in his 2nd year.

What the announcers (and sideline worthless *****) failed to mention is that earlier in the game, first half, Brandon Chillar made a tackle on a kickoff, and he held his arm when he came out.

Well I spotted him in the 2nd half in street clothes. So we were missing at least one key guy on that coverage, and perhaps that made a difference. Still, WHAT THE **** is wrong with our special teams, every year, no matter who the coach is?
We're soft.

Our defense was soft trying to tackle Snelling.
Woodson then Peprah allowed Snelling to gain an additional 8 yards and allow them to go for it on that one 4th down, which they made and then got 7 points on.

Another one later, Frank Zombo let Snelling cut past him on a catch and convert a 3rd & long. SOFT ***** GIRL TACKLING on Snelling. Guys afraid to take him on, just diving at his feet hoping to trip him up.

And the soft WHITE WALL. They cannot ever get a push for a 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 conversion? Never? They're softer than hell. That forced Rodgers to try and sneak those 2 in the first half, and led to HIS FUMBLE.

That was the 2nd straight 11+ play/80+ yard drive we had, and we came away with 3 points. THAT WAS where this game was lost.
In good games, on the road, like this, you CANNOT LEAVE 11 or even 7 points on the board. You just can't.

This was a lesson learned.

The good thing is I think we can play better. I would expect our defense to force a turnover or two next time we play them.

Our defense allowed Ryan go to about 14-14 in the 2nd half, til he threw the last one away on purpose.

Even though we took away Roddy White's big plays, we saw why Desmond Bishop was not trusted in coverage. His BONEHEAD BRAINFREEZE let Tony Gonzalez have a wide open hole on that first TD.

The defensive coverage was fine, except for him.

I was proud of the CLUTCH long drive Rodgers came thru on though. And the whole offense, Jordyzzz with the clutch catch.

All in all, a great game, and totally fitting that our special teams coverage blew it, and fitting that our early short yardage soft offensive line problem came back to haunt us. The White Wall needs to toughen up on short yardage.

And Dimitry Nance blew one of them going low right into the LBer. He should have angled off from him.... bad run.

I can tell you this, I would not mind playing at Atlanta again in January.
We gave them 11 points, didn't force a single turnover, and still they barely won the game.
We'll do better next time. They don't scare me.

cvv84
11-28-2010, 04:48 PM
I'd pretty much rather kill myself than watch us play Atlanta in Atlanta in the playoffs

I don't really think that was any factor. We seemed to just come out and play flat. Simple things like tackling and knowing your defensive assignments were missing. With the way we played Atlanta should've trounced us. Not impressed with anyone out of the NFC this year.

drowe
11-28-2010, 04:52 PM
to this, i say, meh.

this one has to be on the coaching. the second quarter was one of the most poorly coached quarters ever. the non-challenge, the goal line sequence...i re-new my objection to an empty backfield on short yardage plays.

ATL was clean. other than the early penalties...it's hard to beat a team that refuses to beat itself.

J-Mike88
11-28-2010, 05:00 PM
to this, i say, meh.

this one has to be on the coaching. the second quarter was one of the most poorly coached quarters ever.
We had 2 drives of over 80-yards, 11 & 12 play drives. Those plays were designed and called by the coach.

You blame them for Rodgers fumbling at the goalline in the 2nd quarter, or Nance running right into the LBer on the earlier 3rd & 1?

The challenge on the Gonzalez catch is easy to blame McCarthy because that play is as big as a turnover.

But missed tackles on a fullback Snelling, many times, and yet another ***** special teams breakdown....those aren't on coaching. Those are mentally-weak and physically-weak plays.

F***** Bears just stole another TD.
I guess they're great now.

Sportsfan486
11-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Sorry about my very drunk and extremely irritated posts before. That 4th down incompletion the refs gave them and we didn't challenge that led to a TD just ruined my day. It was clear within seconds it wasn't a catch, how do you miss that call as a ref and fail to challenge it as a head coach?

Not sure what to think of the two sneak attempts by Rodgers, the second leading to a fumble. Much rather would have seen a rollout, not sure why we didn't attempt that.

Inexcusable special teams play. Inexcusable lack of a running game. Inexcusable missed tackles. Very disappointing game.

Offense needs to figure out some sort of running game and how to convert 3rd downs, which is clearly the biggest hit we've taken without Grant and Finley.

We need to win these next two games, no question, or we'll be in bad shape for a playoff spot with the Bears winning today. 49ers and Lions.

I think the Falcons really gave teams a blueprint to beat us. Physical football, quick short throws, allow us to get underneath throws and get us into 3rd downs, even if it's 3rd and short.

Also, hate to say this but Peppers moves ahead of Matthews as North's best defensive player after this week. :(

J-Mike88
11-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Also, hate to say this but Peppers moves ahead of Matthews as North's best defensive player after this week. :(
You're right, but there are those who say free agency is bad and signing great players like that carries too much risk. They beat us because of Peppers.

Anyway, don't worry too much about this game.

They got the lucky turnover by us.
We missed tons of tackles.
Matthews had no sacks.
We got no turnover.

And yet they barely beat us.

GB12
11-28-2010, 07:17 PM
I'm very encouraged after this game. Yes, it ******* sucks we lost but aside from that I took away a lot of good. I feel like we can be any team in the NFC. And you know having to play in Atlanta in January wouldn't be so bad. You saw our run game, you saw their run game. Staying indoor would probably benefit us more even though we're supposedly the cold weather team.

jackalope
11-28-2010, 07:29 PM

You'll have to explain that to me. We played far from our best football today and still barely lost. It isn't a match-up we should be rooting for, but there's no doubt we could have beaten Atlanta today.

So, is this game going to be counted as another example of how Rodgers is unclutch?

GB12
11-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Of course. Just like all the others where he's done his part and then special teams or defense ****** it up.

J-Mike88
11-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Of course. Just like all the others where he's done his part and then special teams or defense ****** it up.
Exactly. How many times is the special ed unit going to cost him, us, games?

Rodgers last drive was as clutch as it gets. It was do or die. A long drive, thanks to, what else, POOR field position because of terrible special teams.

If the season ended today, the most important move that needs to be made is a legit special teams coach needs to be here. Slocum came from Stock, who was schit. That was like firing Jim Bates and bringing in his no-name understudy Bob Sanders and making him the man.

Whatever system Coach Stock uses, which Slocum learned under... it sucks ass.

GB12
11-28-2010, 10:40 PM
First of all Bates was good. Second, we wanted Bates back, he turned us down.

But yeah it'd be nice to have a functional special teams unit.

Sportsfan486
11-28-2010, 10:46 PM
You'll have to explain that to me. We played far from our best football today and still barely lost. It isn't a match-up we should be rooting for, but there's no doubt we could have beaten Atlanta today.

So, is this game going to be counted as another example of how Rodgers is unclutch?

Rodgers is money to tie the game.. winning it is a different story.

GB12
11-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Rodgers is money to tie the game.. winning it is a different story.

What do expect from him? Was he supposed to throw a TD when we got the ball back with 2 seconds on the clock?

PackerLegend
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Whatever system Coach Stock uses, which Slocum learned under... it sucks ass.

I've been saying this for who knows how long. Lets promote the guy who learned under the worst special teams coach ever. BRILLIANT! Makes no ****ing sense at all.

dunagan15
11-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Not to put a damper on yalls venting after a tough loss, but you all are assuming that ATL played a great game and was flawless...

Sure we had no turnovers, but Ryan only threw for 198 yards...Roddy was quiet all day long, and we really didnt have a "big play". Thats the offense, and obviously you all watched the game, we had zero pressure on Rodgers all day, most of the time rushing 3 to 4 guys and just sitting back. We also had alot of early penalties that set us back several times. So by no means did we play a great game, we simply just made fewer mistakes when it counted.

J-Mike88
11-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Not to put a damper on yalls venting after a tough loss, but you all are assuming that ATL played a great game and was flawless...

Sure we had no turnovers, but Ryan only threw for 198 yards...Roddy was quiet all day long, and we really didnt have a "big play". Thats the offense, and obviously you all watched the game, we had zero pressure on Rodgers all day, most of the time rushing 3 to 4 guys and just sitting back. We also had alot of early penalties that set us back several times. So by no means did we play a great game, we simply just made fewer mistakes when it counted.
That's a big thing right there. Both teams are solid fundamentally, and sometimes things just happen.... this game, that one big thing happened perfect for you guys, and terrible for us. A full 7-point swing.

Next time? Who knows. But I do know that despite that and all the other stuff (the non-catch by Gonzalez being another 7-point mistake), this game came down to the final play. In Atlanta.
There's not much separating these 2 teams. Just a turnover was the difference and a few strange, or bad calls.

BloodBrother
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Tough loss, but it was an exciting game. Pack weren't gonna run the table anyway. #1 seed is obviously out of the question, but the Packers still control their destiny for perhaps the #2 seed. They just need to take care of business from here on out. Losing on a last second FG to a team who is damn near unbeatable at home and is currently the best team in the NFC isn't the worst. Still, I'll be doing what I usually do after Packer losses, and thats avoid ESPN/NFL Network for the week. I don't want to hear about the game or see any more highlights of the game

dunagan15
11-29-2010, 02:58 PM
That's a big thing right there. Both teams are solid fundamentally, and sometimes things just happen.... this game, that one big thing happened perfect for you guys, and terrible for us. A full 7-point swing.

Next time? Who knows. But I do know that despite that and all the other stuff (the non-catch by Gonzalez being another 7-point mistake), this game came down to the final play. In Atlanta.
There's not much separating these 2 teams. Just a turnover was the difference and a few strange, or bad calls.

Yes it is big, but its also our 4th game in a row w/o one...so its not like OMG they didnt turn the ball over...

BloodBrother
11-29-2010, 03:38 PM
Another thing, it f*ckin sucks that you just expect the ST to do something terrible like what they did at the end of the game. They ALWAYS give up a big return immediately after a huge momentum shift/packers scoring drive. Sick of seeing the ineptness from that unit. Slocum should have been fired last year, and he sure as hell better not survive after this season. Making him ST coach made absolutely zero sense, considering he was studying under MIKE STOCK, who was horrid as well

I mean damn, if they didn't tackle him by the facemask, it's most likely a freakin TD. Crosby had a great booming kick, and they returned it from inside their EZ and was basically untouched until he got past the 30. Just atrocious. I hate this ST with a passion

Sportsfan486
11-29-2010, 03:40 PM
What do expect from him? Was he supposed to throw a TD when we got the ball back with 2 seconds on the clock?

No, I'm referring to games he's had this season and in the past where he has had opportunities to make a drive to win the game and failed. As in this year we've gotten to OT twice, he's had chances to win it and not.

I still think that drive was fantastic, don't get me wrong. I've also thought he's really come back into form these last 4 games.

Oh how different this game would have turned out minus a fumble and plus a challenge. But that's how these things go.

cvv84
11-29-2010, 04:36 PM
No, I'm referring to games he's had this season and in the past where he has had opportunities to make a drive to win the game and failed. As in this year we've gotten to OT twice, he's had chances to win it and not.

I still think that drive was fantastic, don't get me wrong. I've also thought he's really come back into form these last 4 games.

Oh how different this game would have turned out minus a fumble and plus a challenge. But that's how these things go.

The guy can't do it all. He shouldn't always have to overcome our defensive/special teams collapses.

You point out Rodgers fumble and a failed no-challenge yet where is the blame for the poor tackling? Lack of communication in the secondary? Special teams? With all our early mistakes we were still in the game. Its been no different in every loss that we suffered this season. Ultimately there has to be some urgency by either the offense, defense, and special teams. Its just too bad that only the offense showed that on Sunday.