PDA

View Full Version : Turkey day game

detroit4life
11-25-2010, 11:04 PM
First let me express my displeasure towards the lack of activity on this thread when we played today, and that a chat was not opened for this game.... I accept partial responsibility.

With that said....

What the **** was with alphonso smith today?

looked absolutely awful

detroitsports
11-26-2010, 12:39 AM
That's because he is awful. Go back and look at his 5 picks and tell me that he's a good player. They were all on AWFUL passes

Bosanac01
11-26-2010, 04:17 AM
Alphonso Alphonso Alphonso

Bosanac01
11-26-2010, 04:26 AM
How has Chris Houston been this year?

Silver & Blue
11-26-2010, 04:30 AM
How has Chris Houston been this year?

He has been alright, nothing special though. Neither of them are lock down corners which is why we need to draft one (Patrick Peterson). They will make good #2 and #3 corners though, once we get Peterson.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-26-2010, 09:48 AM
First half was great. Run game looked a little improved with healthy RBs. Hill moved the ball pretty well and they finished. After the pick by Hill, I was happy the Lions responded with a TD but that long TD was just a killer.

Lions didn't make enough adjustments. Pats adjusted well with protection and shorter passes and their offense was unstoppable in second half. Tough second half to watch, reminded me of 2008 but the Pats are really good.

Take some time off and bring on the Bears. I want these home division games so bad. Bears, Packers, Vikings. 2 of 3 is needed to get some momentum for next year.

WMD
11-26-2010, 04:19 PM
Spievey sucks.

boknows34
11-26-2010, 04:54 PM
The new Lions regime really need to get better with their 3rd rd picks.

Levy has been a hit but the returns so far on Spievey and Williams have been poor.

detroit4life
11-26-2010, 05:39 PM
i agree we haven't gotten much out of our 3rd round picks.

wasn't levy a 4th round pick?

mellojello
11-26-2010, 06:46 PM
Someone previously pointed out that pass protection for the season was relatively good, but run blocking is awful.

I noticed the same thing Thursday, but at times, it did look like there were slightly better running lanes against the pats. Other times, it was the same old, with the RB getting crushed at the line.

I think it's a good move to give Jahvid a break.

The D line continues to be fun to watch. They really don't need to blitz much to get pressure on the QB and that's not easy to do in the NFL.

WMD
11-26-2010, 10:03 PM
The D line continues to be fun to watch. They really don't need to blitz much to get pressure on the QB and that's not easy to do in the NFL.
That was Schwartz' thing in Tennessee too. They rarely blitzed and used the front four to get after the QB. I'm glad he was able to bring that to Detroit, I just wish we had better LB's to take advantage of it.