PDA

View Full Version : Randy Shannon Fired

Jimmy
11-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Just Saw It On Espn.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2010-11-27/report-randy-shannon-has-been-fired

Here's to the next Hurricanes head coach... Josh McDaniels (One can only hope)

Brent
11-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Hah, wow. Has he really been that bad?

TitanHope
11-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Yup, just saw it too. I've been hearing rumors about it, but this is the first that ESPN has said anything.

It'll be interesting to see who the next coach is. Miami is a sexy school. Maybe go after Gus Malzahn, Gary Patterson, or Chris Peterson (although Peterson may be content where he is)?

Miaoww
11-27-2010, 09:58 PM
About damn time. It's suddenly turned into a great day.

Smooth Criminal
I wasn't expecting this. Interesting job they should be able to draw in a good coaching candidate.

Brent
Greg Schiano, maybe?

No, I kid.

draftguru151
11-27-2010, 10:00 PM
28-22 in 4 years, that's not getting the job done at Miami. He left the program in a lot better condition than it was when he took over, but it was clearly time to move on.

Dagagad
11-27-2010, 10:02 PM
There is no way he would leave this early but Dan Mullen would be a great hire.

Brent
11-27-2010, 10:02 PM
they should surprise the nation: hire Jon Gruden. he lives in Florida, right?

Dagagad
11-27-2010, 10:05 PM
They should avoid hiring an ex nfl guy at all costs.

dannyz
11-27-2010, 10:06 PM
What are your opinions on Kirby Smart? He seems like he could be a head Coach and Alabama has had a really good Defense the last couple of years.

djp
11-27-2010, 10:08 PM
What are your opinions on Kirby Smart? He seems like he could be a head Coach and Alabama has had a really good Defense the last couple of years.

I would be in favor of that.

draftguru151
11-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Gruden has been mentioned for a while, but will cost too much and isn't a likely long term solution. Randy Edsall has been mentioned a ton, along with all the former UM coaches (Schiano, Cristobal, etc) but nothing legit has come out yet.

nepg
11-27-2010, 10:12 PM
Shannon was good and I like him, but he just wasn't good enough.

The Jimmy Johnson-Butch Davis chain has officially snapped (minus the Dennis Erickson tenure). It's probably time for them to blow it up and start fresh with a new coaching regime.

Let the Jim Harbaugh and Gary Patterson talk ensue!

dannyz
11-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I think Harbaugh goes to the NFL.

ironman4579
11-27-2010, 10:31 PM
You guys are gonna be sad when Rich Rodriguez is announced as the next head coach of Miami.

Michigan
11-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Minor rumblings have been going on that the next UM coach will indeed be RichRod...

ironman4579
11-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Minor rumblings have been going on that the next UM coach will indeed be RichRod...

Keep in mind that it's a rumor from a supposedly well connected Michigan alum though. While I'd be incredibly happy if it happened and Michigan not only got rid of Rodriguez but also got Harbaugh (the other part of the rumor), there's no indication that the source is in any way reliable at this point (other than Shannon being fired, which I guess he did call), so I won't hold my breath.

J-Mike88
11-27-2010, 11:06 PM
How can they fire Shannon?
There are already complaints left & right that there aren't enough minority (but that only means "black") coaches the way it is.
Now they fire one of the few in D1?

That ain't gonna go over well with Jesse & Brother Al.
Has Jesse spoken yet?

CashmoneyDrew
11-27-2010, 11:09 PM
Gus Malzahn maybe?

shylo3716
11-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Phillip Dorsett confirmed to me on FB that he WILL NOT decommit....YESSSSSS!!!!!!

Hurricanes25
11-27-2010, 11:15 PM
He did a nice job cleaning up the program as Robert Marve was the only arrest (I believe). But as DG said, 28-22 is just not good enough in Miami.

ElectricEye
11-27-2010, 11:21 PM
Gus Malzahn maybe?

I think he deserves a shot somewhere. Miami is not a bad place to get that shot.

Gruden would be another good one. He's a really good football coach and his enthusiasm would translate well into building a program. He's certainly hung out in Florida quite a bit the past nine years. Would not be a good hire if he was planning on coaching in the NFL again though and I really think that's probably where his heart lies.

Think they need to bring in someone who is a cultural fit too though. Get them playing tough, fast, and nasty again. Hopefully they can do that and stay as clean as they have been because college football is better when Miami is a good program.

J-Mike88
11-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Jimmy Johnson is still like 30 years younger than Paterno right?

bored of education
11-28-2010, 12:15 AM
Edsall. naooo

HawkeyeFan
11-28-2010, 12:20 AM
He's going to become a great DC again.

NotRickJames
11-28-2010, 12:56 AM
You guys are gonna be sad when Rich Rodriguez is announced as the next head coach of Miami.

He'd be a decent coach in the overrated ACC - Rich Rod just can't play in the Big Ten's sandbox. I agree that they should be able to do a little better, though.

I liked Shannon, but a change is understandable. They also have to decide what they'r going to do at QB. Jacory Harris isn't the future of this team.

ironman4579
11-28-2010, 01:02 AM
He'd be a decent coach in the overrated ACC - Rich Rod just can't play in the Big Ten's sandbox. I agree that they should be able to do a little better, though.

I liked Shannon, but a change is understandable. They also have to decide what they'r going to do at QB. Jacory Harris isn't the future of this team.

I actually think Rodriguez could do well at Miami. But I don't think the Miami fans on the board would be too happy after the last three seasons at Michigan. Maybe I'm wrong though.

SickwithIt1010
11-28-2010, 02:14 AM

They have another top prospect coming in at QB so if they can keep him on board through the coaching change that would help.

I hate to joke about this but I said Miami could be a program he would come back too....Pete Carroll, i really think the guy's heart is in college football and Miami is the east coast version of USC....long shot indeed but i could see it happening lol.

bearsfan_51
11-28-2010, 07:50 AM
There is no way he would leave this early but Dan Mullen would be a great hire.
Mullen definitely would. He's making chicken feed at Miss State. There's talk that he might be a candidate at Minnesota, let alone a bigger program (although Minnesota will arguably pay their coach more than Miami).

There were rumors that if Shannon were fired he'd be a candidate at Minnesota. I REALLY hope this isn't the case.

Jelephant87
11-28-2010, 08:43 AM
I don't really understand how they had to move on. They just gave him an extension so up to this year they had to be satisfied with how he was doing. And even though you could argue they should've won certain games anyway, if Jacory didn't get hurt I think they would've went 9-3. So how do you fire a coach who could've went 10-3 (if they won their bowl game) if the starting QB didn't get hurt and they had to go to a true frosh.

As far as a replacement, I think they need to get a big time coach. Shannon was the guy who cleaned up the mess and got the program back on track. Now they need a guy who can get all those talented players to perform up to their potential.

bearsfan_51
11-28-2010, 08:46 AM
I don't really understand how they had to move on. They just gave him an extension so up to this year they had to be satisfied with how he was doing. And even though you could argue they should've won certain games anyway, if Jacory didn't get hurt I think they would've went 9-3. So how do you fire a coach who could've went 10-3 (if they won their bowl game) if the starting QB didn't get hurt and they had to go to a true frosh.

As far as a replacement, I think they need to get a big time coach. Shannon was the guy who cleaned up the mess and got the program back on track. Now they need a guy who can get all those talented players to perform up to their potential.
Contract extensions are often done simply to help recruiting. If the buyout stays the same (and in this case it appears it has), then it's basically meaningless.

Dagagad
11-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Mullen definitely would. He's making chicken feed at Miss State. There's talk that he might be a candidate at Minnesota, let alone a bigger program (although Minnesota will arguably pay their coach more than Miami).

There were rumors that if Shannon were fired he'd be a candidate at Minnesota. I REALLY hope this isn't the case.

If he would, then he should be their guy. I think he will win a national championship somewhere.

etk
11-28-2010, 10:19 AM

Poetic justice for all the hating you've been doing on the program.

nepg
11-28-2010, 10:27 AM
I think Shannon's a great fit somewhere other than Miami. It just wasn't working down there for him. They couldn't get the offense going.

bearsfan_51
11-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Poetic justice for all the hating you've been doing on the program.
What you call "hating", most people would call reality.

djp
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Per Orlando Sentinel writer:

Before every Monday night game, ESPN announcers Mike Tirico, Ron Jaworski and Jon Gruden held a "chalk talk" luncheon with reporters and members of the community in which they share their perspectives on the upcoming game.

Gruden, of course, has become a hot name in several cities where coaching searches are expected at the end of the season. That includes San Francisco. Unfortunately, it will be difficult to ask Gruden's his thoughts on the 49ers. Monday's "chalk talk" has been cancelled.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sacramento Bee reporting that Jon Gruden is "off limits" with reporters for his gig at MNF

blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archive...on-iffy-ne.html

"According to a UM source, former NFL coach Jon Gruden initiated contact with the university to express his desire for the job and that the interest in mutual. Hocutt said there's no timeline on the hire and that money will not be an issue in the selection."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/um-hurricanes/fl-miami-football-coach-candidates-1120101128,0,5548389.story

@Manny_Navarro
Manny Navarro
Hearing strong chatter Jon Gruden may have agreed to become #UM's coach. Nothing confirmed officially yet.

Manny Navarro is the Canes beat writer for the Miami Herald

ElectricEye
11-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I really think Gruden could be a GREAT college coach. He has a lot of Pete Carroll in him. Not sure he's done with the NFL quite yet though.

djp
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
I really think Gruden could be a GREAT college coach. He has a lot of Pete Carroll in him. Not sure he's done with the NFL quite yet though.

I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but it would be a great hire if true imo. Immediately becomes one of the more relevant college coaches in the country.

Hurricanes25
11-28-2010, 06:26 PM
I hope the Gruden rumors are true. I think he would be an awesome recruiter.

SwagU
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Gruden would be a dream hire. I think just the kinda coach to get Jacory's ass in the film room, and whip most of the gusy into shape. Plus with his NFL pedigree could see alot more recruits commiting. Fingers Crossed.

Brent
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
I cant wait to see film of Gruden ripping on kids at practice. That'll be ******* hilarious.

ElectricEye
11-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Cool thing would be to see you guys produce some quarterbacks again. It's been awhile since Miami had a legit quarterback prospect.

ElectricEye
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh ****, we've got links and dollars now.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Gruden-to-leave-ESPN-and-coach-at-Miami.html

If Jon Gruden indeed leaves ESPN’s Monday Night Football booth, it may not be for an NFL head coaching job after all.

According to Lake Lewis of Sports Journey Broadcast Network on his Twitter page, the former Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Bucs head coach will take over for the dismissed Randy Shannon at Miami.

The reported deal would be worth roughly $3 million per season.

Lewis cited a credible source for the news in another Tweet:

My scoop on Gruden to UM is from a credible source I respect who is a former ESPN radio guy and also another scoop is a UM great. No lies here...

Whether or not the report is true, there’s no question that Miami’s administration is looking to make a splash with this hire, and Gruden would give the Hurricanes a fiery, offensive leader — essentially the opposite of the ousted Shannon.

It obviously seems to be too soon for Miami to have a replacement for Shannon set in stone, and the 'Canes are expected to have a thorough national search. But at the very least, could Gruden be the top contender for the opening?

It's still sources and scoops, but this looks to have some weight.

BigJohn98
11-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Damn. I was hoping Miami would honor his contract and keep Radio for four more years.

draftguru151
11-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Gruden is really close to happening. Apparently they've been talking for a while.

Draft King
11-28-2010, 07:36 PM
If Gruden become the HC I'll jizz everywhere.

keylime_5
11-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Gruden's personality would work very well in a college setting. Thing is with hiring a guy like Gruden is that how long will you have him before he decides goes back to the league again? I can't see a scenario where he would have success at Miami and not go back to the pro game.

bearsfan_51
11-28-2010, 07:46 PM
I imagine if Gruden wanted to get back into the pro game he could do that this year. Great hire if true.

draftguru151
11-28-2010, 07:50 PM
Manny Navarro reporting 3.4 mil a year, not official yet but it's basically done. Freaking awesome.

katnip
11-28-2010, 08:00 PM
being a canes fan i hope we get gruden.. as i think he'd be a huge spark for the team.. but i'd imagine he just wants to shake off the hc'ing rust to get back to the nfl... hopefully not if true though

anf for recruiting.. i'd imagine its pretty big to have a super bowl winning hc to coach that college

critesy
11-28-2010, 08:27 PM
gruden basically hired for the the U via everyone on twitter. il try and find a link.

edit, http://twitter.com/Manny_Navarro

best i could get, works for the miami herald.

draftguru151
11-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Players and assistants have been notified, Gruden to Miami is a done deal. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

FuzzyGopher
11-28-2010, 08:57 PM
"Jon Gruden is not going to the University of Miami. Period."

http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing

draftguru151
11-28-2010, 08:58 PM
Cane insiders>Peter King.

FuzzyGopher
11-28-2010, 09:01 PM
I don't see why he would take a 50% pay cut to go to the minor leagues, but hey, maybe he doesn't care about money.

Brent
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Peter King knows about as much about football as my left testicle.

FuzzyGopher
11-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Now the guy that started the rumor is backing off of it. What was your favorite moment of the Gruden era?

HawkeyeFan
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I was nervous that it was the University of Michigan.

Iowa would have really been in trouble.

FuzzyGopher
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Is Schefter any more credible?

"ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculatuon he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

BigJohn98
11-28-2010, 09:27 PM
LOL. Miami loses again.

Arsenal
11-28-2010, 09:40 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/bhofheimer_espn

Monday Night Football's PR guy says Gruden is staying put. Peter King, Adam Schefter, and Jay Glazer have also shot it down.

wonderbredd24
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Is Schefter any more credible?

"ESPN MNF analyst Jon Gruden on speculatuon he could return to coaching: "I am committed to Monday Night Football and to ESPN."

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
That was a fun ride while it lasted.

Complex
11-28-2010, 09:47 PM
that sucks

brat316
11-28-2010, 09:49 PM
HA...I'll wait till they actually make a hiring.

But I can't see Jon doing college. I know he'll love having a bazillion QBs, but I don't see him recruiting when he could be doing football related things, game plans, plays ect.

wogitalia
11-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Funny all the NFL guys are denying it and the NCAA guys saying it is happening.

He would be a great fit at Miami.

dannyz
11-28-2010, 10:05 PM
It will be fun watching MNF Tomorrow just to See how Gruden acts.

Dagagad
11-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't think he would be a good hire. Coaching NFL and college are not the same thing. He would come in with a way too complicated system and not be able to implement it properly with college players.m He would be back in the nflin a few years.

Hire a coach who is proven in college football. Someone who has won games at lower programs and can recruit Florida. Someone who has an effective, simple offensive/defensive system that is proven to work at the college level and who has shown he can make good hires in assistant coaches. It is a very simple process. Florida did it with Urban Meyer, Notre Dame did it with Brian Kelly(i think he will be a success). Gruden does not fit that profile.

ElectricEye
11-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, this is becoming very interesting. Looked like a done deal. Maybe it is but he can't comment because he's negotiating his way out ESPN? Don't know what kind of arrangement ESPN does with it's commentators, but he might be obligated to finish out the season on Monday Night. Either way, pretty clear Gruden is a commodity and is going to be coaching somewhere next year.

Pil
11-29-2010, 03:39 AM
I don't think he would be a good hire. Coaching NFL and college are not the same thing. He would come in with a way too complicated system and not be able to implement it properly with college players.m He would be back in the nflin a few years.

Nailed it. Even in the NFL Gruden was trying to fit square pegs into round holes and refusing to "dumb-down" his system. The only quarterback to completely comprehend the scheme being Rich Cannon who says he stills wakes up at night blabbering Gruden verbiage.

Take that, and introduce some scholarly U thugs...

But there is still hope. Gruden's last firing was a wakeup call and adjustments will be made. He would instantly be a top recruiter and motivator, the two most important skills of all collegiate coaches.

JoeJoeBrown
11-29-2010, 07:50 AM

Hire a coach who is proven in college football. Someone who has won games at lower programs and can recruit Florida. Someone who has an effective, simple offensive/defensive system that is proven to work at the college level and who has shown he can make good hires in assistant coaches. It is a very simple process. Florida did it with Urban Meyer, Notre Dame did it with Brian Kelly(i think he will be a success). Gruden does not fit that profile.

Exactly. Plus he doesn't seem to be suited to going out and kissing the asses of 16-18 year old kids in order for them to come to play for him.

All around a poor fit.

BeerBaron
11-29-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't think Gruden would be a good hire, because I tend to believe that being a pro coach and a college coach are inherently different.

I have no doubt that if they did bring him in, he'd be great at teaching kids the X's and O's. If I were a top QB who wanted a path to the NFL, I'd definitely be willing to play for Gruden.

But overall, like has been said, I just can't imagine him being the type to "kiss the asses" of teenagers and convince the kid's parents that their kid would be in good hands with him.

He definitely needs to get back into the pro game though. I think his last few years in Tampa, he got a little full of himself and couldn't find the QB he wanted. But if he went into a rebuilding team and got to put it together as he wanted, he could make a contender I feel.

bearsfan_51
11-29-2010, 08:31 AM
Jon Gruden's father was a college coach (Gruden also played QB at my alma mater for a year, but that's another story).

Anyway, he spent an additional five years in college as an assistant coach. Sure, the last year was 1991, but it's not like he's completely oblivious as to the differences.

I think it's far easier to go from the pros to college than vice versa.

Sniper
11-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Take that, and introduce some scholarly U thugs...

I also enjoy dealing in stereotypes that haven't been true in ten years.

shylo3716
11-29-2010, 10:11 AM
I cant wait to see film of Gruden ripping on kids at practice. That'll be ******* hilarious.

Gruden will make a MAN out of Jacory by the time he's finish with him.

RyanBraun8
11-29-2010, 12:29 PM
If they truely want to bring the excitement back to Miami I'd have to go with Gus Malzahn, he IMO is the best coaching option out there. The guy is a genious and by going to Miami who can get any recruit that they want, his offense could only get more scary.

Miami just needs to get some swagger back, its weird cause Shannon was on those teams that made Miami become the "U" but he never got his players to to play with that attitude. That is one of the reasons they brought him in and 28-24 W-L in that program with talent that comes there every year, let alone playing in the ACC which is no longer a powerhouse (prob the 5th best these days behing SEC, Big Ten, Pac 10, and Big 12) that is unexceptable.

Hurricanes25
11-29-2010, 12:35 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AiqT_6LGJKCIEJZCMSb4KDscvrYF?slug=ap-miami-shannonfired

Speculation has centered on Mike Leach, Mark Richt, Tommy Tuberville and Gruden—each of whom would be a splashy get

Pure speculation at this point but I want no part of Mike Leach.

Sniper
11-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Mark Richt

I hope Miami wasn't planning on ever winning a big game again.

CashmoneyDrew
11-29-2010, 12:38 PM
Canes fans should be wary of "confirmed info" at this time. I remember last year there was probably four different coaches "confirmed" to be Tennessee's next coach before Derek Dooley actually got the gig.

BeerBaron
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AiqT_6LGJKCIEJZCMSb4KDscvrYF?slug=ap-miami-shannonfired

Pure speculation at this point but I want no part of Mike Leach.

Leach has experience going to a school in a huge recruiting state and building a competitive team. And his offenses are fun to watch

Hurricanes25
11-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Leach has experience going to a school in a huge recruiting state and building a competitive team. And his offenses are fun to watch

No doubt he is an offensive genius and you make a great point about his experience recruiting in Texas. I guess I would just prefer somebody who cares a little bit more about defense than Leach does. He also seems like a douch to me.

BeerBaron
11-29-2010, 12:55 PM
No doubt he is an offensive genius and you make a great point about his experience recruiting in Texas. I guess I would just prefer somebody who cares a little bit more about defense than Leach does. He also seems like a douch to me.

A lot of coaches can come off as douches...I'd almost prefer that to someone too easy going though. His intensity matches what you expect out of a Miami program at least.

Complex
11-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Exactly. Plus he doesn't seem to be suited to going out and kissing the asses of 16-18 year old kids in order for them to come to play for him.

All around a poor fit.

Nick Saben doesn't look like a guy who kisses ass

draftguru151
11-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Richt, Malzahn and Leech aren't being considered. Shalala hates Leech, he was interviewed when Shannon was hired and Shalala wants no part of him. Whoever is hired has to already have been a HC in the NFL or college, so no Malzahn.

Apparently four different guys jumped the gun last night on the Gruden stuff, all with 4 different sources. Super weird situation. There have been discussions with him though, and it's far from over, him and Gary Patterson (though I don't think that has a chance) are the top two candidates at the moment. I think it ends up being close to a Edsall/Mike Stoops level guy though.

BeerBaron
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM

Yeah but he can show off his championship rings and win people over with the promise of more to come. Gruden has never even been coach at the college level before.

Shane P. Hallam
11-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Tuberville is a name being tossed around now as well...

JoeJoeBrown
11-29-2010, 01:42 PM

He has a proven collegiate track record. I'm sure he had to scramble for recruits back in the day.

And the point more goes to that Gruden is getting paid nicely to sit in a booth one day a week. With some nominal work during the week. For roughly half of a year. It's also one of the premier jobs in that profession.

Getting paid well to do something easy, vs getting paid lots to do something very hard, that he may end up being a failure at, is his decision basis.

I would sit in the booth and watch my kids grow up.

RaiderNation
11-29-2010, 01:43 PM
A big name coach needs to be brought in. The program is headed in the right direction, they just need a face

bearsfan_51
11-29-2010, 02:37 PM
A big name coach needs to be brought in. The program is headed in the right direction, they just need a face
Miami is one of the few programs that doesn't need a face. Jimmy Johnson wasn't well known at all when he came in, neither was Dennis Erickson.

What Miami needs is someone who knows how to actually coach a football team. The recruiting is going to be there no matter what.

TACKLE
11-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Miami is one of the few programs that doesn't need a face. Jimmy Johnson wasn't well known at all when he came in, neither was Dennis Erickson.

What Miami needs is someone who knows how to actually coach a football team. The recruiting is going to be there no matter what.

As a Canes fan, I totally agree.

SickwithIt1010
11-29-2010, 05:28 PM
IMO Mullen would be the best fit for them. Hes recruited Florida and he has the experience of recruiting the south now being at MSU. Hes turned the Miss St program around and i think he would be a great fit there.

I would love to see Gruden in the college game....the thing that concerns me with him is idk if hes too advanced for these kids or not? Would he be able to relate to college kids or would he be talking over their heads?

wogitalia
11-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I think Gruden would be fine, if he can explain things to the casual fan he should be able to make sense of it to kids who should live and breath football.

I think a superbowl ring should have the same sort of pull with recruits as a NC does. I think he would be a great get for Miami as he actually would bring some swagger.

I liked Shannon, seemed like a nice guy but he really seemed to lack any kind of fire and passion. Miami have to be one of the most passionless teams over the last 5 or so years which is a massive contrast to the great teams from the start of the decade who were very much loud, brash and in your face.

critesy
11-30-2010, 08:45 PM
apparently gruden close to deal again.

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1158672

and apparently his brother jay gruden will be offensive coordinater.

bearsfan_51
11-30-2010, 08:57 PM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg257/scaled.php?tn=0&server=257&filename=qtv0.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

ElectricEye
11-30-2010, 08:58 PM
He should take the job. Makes sense for both sides. I'm extremely excited about the state of quarterbacks at Miami if he does too. Will be so refreshing to see someone actually make a quarterback a better player rather than just run one read spread and such.

draftguru151
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6242/chuckiecane.jpg

etk
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
^ You sold yet on the rumors dg?

SickwithIt1010
11-30-2010, 09:55 PM
theres gotta be some reason as to why so many different people are breaking this story.

fenikz
11-30-2010, 10:15 PM
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/6242/chuckiecane.jpg

dibs on sig/avy version of this if the news becomes official

Brent
11-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Tuberville is a name being tossed around now as well...
yes, please, **** Tech over.

Complex
11-30-2010, 10:48 PM
I hope we get Gruden but if we don't we should go after Jim Harbaugh followed by Dan Mullen.

draftguru151
11-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Harbaugh and Mullen aren't interested (Mullen is supposed to get paaaaaaaid by MSU soon), would probably look at Golden/Stoops/Edsall if Gruden falls through.

JoeJoeBrown
11-30-2010, 11:11 PM
I think Rod Marinelli would be an excellent choice.

bearsfan_51
12-01-2010, 05:02 AM
Marinelli wouldn't be good at stroking the egos of 18 year old kids. He's perfect for what he's doing.

BeerBaron
12-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Marinelli wouldn't be good at stroking the egos of 18 year old kids. He's perfect for what he's doing.

As ghastly as it might seem, given the way he has our defense back to Superbowl form, he might be a HC candidate in the NFL again before long. I think people will see the job he's doing here and realize how badly Millen was hamstringing him in Detroit.

Anyways, back on topic, it sounds like if Gruden wants the job, it's his to lose at this time.

JoeJoeBrown
12-01-2010, 07:29 AM
As ghastly as it might seem, given the way he has our defense back to Superbowl form, he might be a HC candidate in the NFL again before long. I think people will see the job he's doing here and realize how badly Millen was hamstringing him in Detroit.

Anyways, back on topic, it sounds like if Gruden wants the job, it's his to lose at this time.

I was being sarcastic about hiring Marinelli. But I do think that he got a very raw deal in Detroit. Matt Millen is five IQ points the wrong way from being functionally reetarded.

Dagagad
12-01-2010, 07:48 AM
I'm possibly the only one who thinks this but Gruden would not be a good hire. Coaching NFL and college is not the same thing. In fact the opposite attributes can be beneficial in either case.

Vanilla offenses where you do the same highly effective thing over and over again work awesome with 19 year old college players. Not so in the NFL. Can Gruden make his offense more simple..does he even know how to do this? Isn't this the guy who couldn't trust young QBs? We don't know he can develop young QBs.

He should be able to recruit with his SB ring. The ring he won with a team built by someone else. But so could Charlie Weis.

Hire someone who has shown he can coach in college.

Prowler
12-01-2010, 07:53 AM
I really wish Tony Dungy or Herm Edwards would use their mentor talents to coach college kids.

If Dungy were to coach Miami, his recruiting classes would be historic.

Sniper
12-01-2010, 07:54 AM
I really wish Tony Dungy or Herm Edwards would use their mentor talents to coach college kids.

If Dungy were to coach Miami, his recruiting classes would be historic.

And yet you would have the softest bunch of players ever.

draftguru151
12-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Shannon is a Dungy type coach, just nowhere near as good of a head coach.

Gruden's been studying the college game the past few years, spent a ton of time with Oregon's offense and learned about recruiting from Bama (eek). He's definitely a huge risk as a head coach, but Miami is trying to win championships, can't do that playing it safe. Getting a great staff around him (which is what is being discussed now apparently, Gruden's contract is done) is huge. His brother Jay is likely to be the OC, but no idea about the rest of the staff (other than Leavitt won't be the DC).

Dagagad
12-01-2010, 08:19 AM
We'll see I guess. It is encouraging that he spent time around the Oregon offense.

Mullen would be the better hire imo.

Sniper
12-01-2010, 08:23 AM
You guys can have Rich Rodriguez for a three-star prospect to be named later. Fair deal?

BeerBaron
12-01-2010, 08:24 AM
You guys can have Rich Rodriguez for a three-star prospect to be named later. Fair deal?

You should offer them a three-star prospect to take Rich Rod away from you. Get a little NBA style trade going where you pay a team to take a player with a bad contract away....

Sniper
12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
You should offer them a three-star prospect to take Rich Rod away from you. Get a little NBA style trade going where you pay a team to take a player with a bad contract away....

That's a good point. It's tough to pick, though, seeing as how nearly all of UM's prospects are 3*.

JoeJoeBrown
12-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Da U AD meeting with Gruden today. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/01/report-miami-hurricanes-a-d-meeting-with-jon-gruden-today/)

Guess this isn't over yet...

brat316
12-01-2010, 09:17 AM
So does he do better than Charlie Wiess or worse?

Everyone thought his offense was going to dominate college but it didn't. He mad it to plain and simple so the Qbs could understand it, but then defenses were able to figure it out as well. Also not to mention that their defense sucked forever.

Marino13
12-01-2010, 09:24 AM
So does he do better than Charlie Wiess or worse?

Everyone thought his offense was going to dominate college but it didn't. He mad it to plain and simple so the Qbs could understand it, but then defenses were able to figure it out as well. Also not to mention that their defense sucked forever.

Question will be how Gruden does recruiting and coaching up college kids. Weiss could recruit, and he could call plays, but he couldn't develop talent.

wonderbredd24
12-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Question will be how Gruden does recruiting and coaching up college kids. Weiss could recruit, and he could call plays, but he couldn't develop talent.
He could recruit...

BeerBaron
12-01-2010, 09:27 AM

Flash his Superbowl Ring, talk about his connection to the NFL and how he'll run a system that gets you prepared for it...not a hard sell really.

yourfavestoner
12-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Flash his Superbowl Ring, talk about his connection to the NFL and how he'll run a system that gets you prepared for it...not a hard sell really.

Yup. Also, consider that he has lived in Florida for pretty much his entire life. His recruiting classes will be ridiculous.

I'm with Dagagad, though. The only quarterback Gruden ever trusted to run his offense was 4953904850 year old Rich Gannon. He loved grooming young QBs, but he hated playing them. We'll see if he can strike the balance to simplify his system enough for a teenager to understand while still making it effective.

LonghornsLegend
12-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm with Dagagad, though. The only quarterback Gruden ever trusted to run his offense was 4953904850 year old Rich Gannon. He loved grooming young QBs, but he hated playing them. We'll see if he can strike the balance to simplify his system enough for a teenager to understand while still making it effective.

That's why I didn't want him in Dallas. I saw this as a big problem which he always seemed to take with him. I remember at one point he had like 4 young QB's on the Bucs roster didn't he? Not knowing who he wanted to play at any given time instead of finding 1 guy to go with.

BeerBaron
12-01-2010, 12:03 PM
That's why I didn't want him in Dallas. I saw this as a big problem which he always seemed to take with him. I remember at one point he had like 4 young QB's on the Bucs roster didn't he? Not knowing who he wanted to play at any given time instead of finding 1 guy to go with.

It seemed like every year he had to get someone new to play with. When he first went to Tampa, they had Brad Johnson doing well and a solid backup in Shaun King....he decided he needs a project and brings in Rob Johnson.

And drafts Chris Simms

And trades for the rights to retired Jake Plummer

And drafts Gradkowski

And drafts Josh Johnson

And in Oakland, he was there to draft Tuiasosopo.

He's like a guy who always needs a new project. I don't know what he'd do if he found a real franchise QB.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Well to be fair to Gruden, none of those guys ever turned into anything, so you can't really blame him for wanting to try again.

wonderbredd24
12-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Well to be fair to Gruden, none of those guys ever turned into anything, so you can't really blame him for wanting to try again.
It might also be an indictment of his coaching

BeerBaron
12-01-2010, 12:11 PM

But how much of it was on Gruden too? He had to identify the player he wants, bring them in, coach them up.....then he wants to move on right away the next year. Never satisfied.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-01-2010, 12:19 PM
But how much of it was on Gruden too? He had to identify the player he wants, bring them in, coach them up.....then he wants to move on right away the next year. Never satisfied.

Simms was a late 3rd round pick
Tuiasosopo a late 2nd round pick
Johnson a 5th round pick
Gradkowski was a 6th round pick.

It's not like he was handed top talents at the position. Late 2nd round QBs rarely pan out and it only gets less and less likely from there. Simms was actually kinda decent before becoming the worst QB in the NFL. I just think they didn't have the talent to cut it in the NFL, whether Gruden or Jesus himself was coaching them.

ElectricEye
12-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Gruden thought he could make every quarterback into Rich Gannon. He never picked one and went with it either, that was his main problem, but he actually made all of those guys look pretty decent for a period of time. Chris Simms fell off the face of the earth post-Gruden. Luke McCown was another fascination of his too that no one has mentioned.

Dagagad
12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Ugh. Its looking more and more like Gruden. I really think Miami are making a big mistake not trying to get Mullen. I hoe i'm wrong.

MassNole
12-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Not so fast....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5871783

ESPN execs think there is no chance he goes. Usually I believe local journalists over ESPN, not this time though as Gruden would let ESPN break the story. I'd also be curious if his MNF contract lets him out for a college position.

draftguru151
12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
A Miami source told Schad the discussions were "exploratory" and that the "search continues."

It was exploratory a month ago when they were talking, they're talking numbers now. Not saying he's gonna be the coach, because the general feeling is swinging the other way today, but anything coming out about the search right now is crap.

ElectricEye
12-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Rapidly turning into a confusing story, and I think a lot of that has to do with ESPN and they're role in covering a major story involving an employee potentially breaching a contract agreement with them.

MassNole
12-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Rapidly turning into a confusing story, and I think a lot of that has to do with ESPN and they're role in covering a major story involving an employee potentially breaching a contract agreement with them.
I question what his contract says as well, but that said if this story is going to break, ESPN is going to break it for once.

ElectricEye
12-01-2010, 07:12 PM
I question what his contract says as well, but that said if this story is going to break, ESPN is going to break it for once.

Not necessarily. He might not be telling them anything.

Here's a bit about the contract;

"He's focused on getting better," said Williamson. "My feeling is Jon's in year two of a long term contract and we expect Jon to be on "Monday Night Football" and doing what he's been doing for a long time to come."

That's from an ESPN Exec. So he does indeed have a long contract with ESPN.

MassNole
12-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Not necessarily. He might not be telling them anything.

Here's a bit about the contract;

That's from an ESPN Exec. So he does indeed have a long contract with ESPN.
Right, but I can guarantee you he as an out clause to leave to coach a NFL team. What I would question is what if he negotiated a clause for a top college program as well, my educated guess is probably not without paying a buyout.

draftguru151
12-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Gruden's not coming. No idea who is, just not gonna be Gruden.

MassNole
12-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Gruden's not coming. No idea who is, just not gonna be Gruden.
Mike Leach?

draftguru151
12-01-2010, 07:37 PM
0.0% chance. Mullen, Al Golden, Randy Edsall, maybe Peterson, Patterson and Bielema but I don't think those guys are real options.

Don Vito
12-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Take Dan Mullen please and thank you.

superman8456
12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
0.0% chance. Mullen, Al Golden, Randy Edsall, maybe Peterson, Patterson and Bielema but I don't think those guys are real options.

I think that would be a damn good get for the U. I like what he has done with Temple, and with some actual talent I think he could work wonders.

brat316
12-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I think that would be a damn good get for the U. I like what he has done with Temple, and with some actual talent I think he could work wonders.

Ehh. I wouldn't go after him that hard. I love what he has done with Temple. And give him mad dope stupid props as well. As a recruiter he is awesome. As a HC well thats a different story. Hasn't beat a team with a winning record in how long. The coaching positions around him are very questionable hires, he pretty much gave the jobs to his buddies that don't know squat. He doesn't make game time changes or decisions or ask the OC and DC WTF they are doing.

He is like Shannon but, an amazing recruiter and is always fired up on the sidelines and trying to get the best out of his players. But the coaches he surrounds himself with leads to him making questionable decisions during games. And then miss managing of players, like our starting Rb/offense went down. Everyone knows he is injury prone, but another rb wasn't activated or given more carries. Instead a 5'5 rb that usually splits carriers with BP is forced to take the load, and that leads to a ****** offense, and even shitter play calling.

But as a recruiter you can't go wrong with Al. As a HC he could do better with just surrounding himself with better coaches and making coaches responsible. He does hold all players accountable, for a school that could use all the talent we can get. He has kicked off some prominent players for breaking rules we don't know of and not following his way. Its his way or the highway. Junior Gallette on the Saints this year was at Temple, kicked off because of who knows what. Discipline and school are two things he holds very high for all players, if he finds out they skipped a class its hell for them then.

SickwithIt1010
12-01-2010, 08:11 PM

i dont really see Patterson or Bielema leaving either...neither of them seem like Miami guys to me.

I would really like to see Mullen, would a guy like Kirby Smart be talked about?? or do you think they grab an offensive minded coach?

bearsfan_51
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
As a recruiter he is awesome.
Not really. I know you're a Temple fan, but as someone who has been studying him for a while (Minnesota job) I'd say that's his second biggest weakness so far. I'm not sure what makes you say that so strongly.

The lack of wins against winning programs is the biggest, as you mentioned.

MassNole
12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5870539

LMAO!

brat316
12-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Not really. I know you're a Temple fan, but as someone who has been studying him for a while (Minnesota job) I'd say that's his second biggest weakness so far. I'm not sure what makes you say that so strongly.

The lack of wins against winning programs is the biggest, as you mentioned.

For him to attract guys to come to a school thats football program was on the verge of closing, I say he is doing a pretty good job of getting guys to come here. He gets guys to commit, then they go to military academy and then sign to BCS programs.

I expect him to do far better this year in recruiting but something seems off. You are right he could do a better job in recruiting, but he has done a pretty good job with the piss poor standards we had before. His second biggest weakness is not hiring the right people for the job and holding his coaches accountable like he does with the players.

Sniper
12-01-2010, 08:20 PM

He's trying to convince kids to come to North Philly. Do you have any idea how ******* impossible that is?

brat316
12-01-2010, 08:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5870539

LMAO!

Does he have any kind of pull there?

bearsfan_51
12-01-2010, 08:27 PM
He's trying to convince kids to come to North Philly. Do you have any idea how ******* impossible that is?
USC isn't exactly in the nicest part of L.A. either.

Sniper
12-01-2010, 08:29 PM
USC isn't exactly in the nicest part of L.A. either.

USC's also got a tad more program prestige and slightly hotter cheerleaders.

brat316
12-01-2010, 08:46 PM
USC's also got a tad more program prestige and slightly hotter cheerleaders.

ahha, by slightly do you mean a whole lot?

http://cdn.guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/Temple-630x472.jpg

http://parstimes.com/gallery/usc_cheerleaders/01.jpg

bearsfan_51
12-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Some of those USC cheerleaders are surprisingly meh, actually.

ironman4579
12-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Some of those USC cheerleaders are surprisingly meh, actually.

I was thinking the same. The blonde in the middle of the front row looks like she might have mild Downs Syndrome.

ElectricEye
12-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I think the larger point is that the Temple cheerleaders are pretty blah.

fenikz
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
I think the larger point is that the Temple cheerleaders are pretty blah.

i cant say no to a cheerleader on her knees, except the 2nd one from the left, ill yell no at her stupid face

djp
12-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Oh my god those Temple cheerleaders are hideous. That black girl is like 40 years old. Almost as bad as when they panned into the crowd last year at the Fiesta Bowl and we got to see what Boise, ID had to offer.

SickwithIt1010
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh my god those Temple cheerleaders are hideous. That black girl is like 40 years old. Almost as bad as when they panned into the crowd last year at the Fiesta Bowl and we got to see what Boise, ID had to offer.

Come to Coeur d' Alene, Idaho and you'll fall in love.

fenikz
12-02-2010, 06:52 PM
http://www.thesportsbrewery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/asuk.jpg

draftguru151
12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Haha the TCU/Boise game was the biggest mismatch in cheerleaders ever.

brat316
12-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Right. TCU cheerleaders and girl fans in the stand, god damn. Why have people not said more about TCU.

Also Fenikz...that picture look similar like I've seen it on the side ad somewhere...

Brent
12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Haha the TCU/Boise game was the biggest mismatch in cheerleaders ever.
there is probably more plastic surgery on those girls that the entire state of Idaho

bearsfan_51
12-11-2010, 12:31 PM
If Miami hires Marc Trestman it will be the biggest fail of all time. Gopher fans were terrified that he would be considered for our job, and he's a Gopher alum, and we suck.

brat316
12-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I think they end up going with Tommy T.

I still can't believe after 1 or 2 weeks Al's name is being thrown around there.

draftguru151
12-11-2010, 12:38 PM
He's isn't being considered Manny Navarro doesn't know sheeeeeeeeeeet. Hearing mostly Al Golden with Edsall being the #2.

djp
12-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Al Golden has accepted the job.

brat316
12-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Fuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkkk. And Temple sucks balls again.

diabsoule
12-12-2010, 05:59 PM
It's official. Al Golden to Miami.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/12/1970400/source-um-offers-football-job.html

brat316
12-12-2010, 06:04 PM
It's official. Al Golden to Miami.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/12/1970400/source-um-offers-football-job.html

That was the name at the top of the list," said someone close to the process. "If you can do it at Temple, I think you can do it anywhere."

Whats that suppose to mean?

Like we suck or something?

draftguru151
12-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Wooooo Golden!

TACKLE
12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
3-4 DEFENSE BABAY!

(at least i hope so.)

Brent
12-12-2010, 06:37 PM
it's hard to win at a basketball school

wonderbredd24
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Wooooo Golden!

I like the hire.

Nice to see 2 MAC coaches get some love.

Miaoww
12-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Whats that suppose to mean?

That's what he's suggesting, yes.

brat316
12-12-2010, 07:40 PM
3-4 DEFENSE BABAY!

(at least i hope so.)

He runs both defense, depending on his players.

RealityCheck
12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Great hire by The U. Golden did a damn good job at Temple.

ElectricEye
12-12-2010, 08:42 PM
3-4 DEFENSE BABAY!

(at least i hope so.)

I would love that. Pro-style offense and 3-4 defenses are two things that are so rare to see in the college.

etk
12-12-2010, 08:46 PM
woot 10char

Finsfan79
12-12-2010, 08:57 PM
It is a nice pickup, wasn't my first choice but he is a good signing overall

comahan
12-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Recruitocosm: We've been told that a number of recruits have been informed that Randy Shannon will be named the next defensive coordinator at Texas.
about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck

So. Excited. If. True.

**** yes.

Hurricanes25
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Recruitocosm: We've been told that a number of recruits have been informed that Randy Shannon will be named the next defensive coordinator at Texas.
about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck

So. Excited. If. True.

**** yes.

Great hire by Texas if true. He's not HC material but he is a GREAT DC.

ElectricEye
12-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Good for Randy too. Agree about that. He's real good with defenses.

brat316
12-12-2010, 09:19 PM
You think he takes any recruits with him?

SwagU
12-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Very likely. Randy while being a big disciplinarian is also a players coach, and can pitch to recruits really well. A lot of Miami's verbal commits decommited right after he was fired so I would not be surprised if they jump ship to Texas.

draftguru151
12-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Don't expect any of them to go to UT, most will likely come back to UM.

SickwithIt1010
12-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Id imagine some of the UT recruits will jump ship to UM as well.

brat316
12-12-2010, 09:44 PM
Id imagine some of the UT recruits will jump ship to UM as well.

don't you mean UF?

SickwithIt1010
12-12-2010, 09:49 PM
don't you mean UF?

sure did....my bad lol

etk
12-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I want Randy to succeed wherever he goes. I can see why fans would be excited because of his personal character, overqualified resume and plus recruiting ability.

Obviously he was a successful DC before he was a HC but a lot of that can be attributed to the talent he had to work with. Our defenses were very vanilla and basic when he was the HC here and he was stubborn about player management as well.

Anytime a coach gets fired you expect Pandora's box to open with all of the coach's faults. A change of scenery and different chain-of-command might make Shannon a great hire. Texas does have a lot of defensive talent and as long as Shannon doesn't mess around with the current system too much they should continue to have a dominant defense. Texas families will love Shannon and his values and he may open up recruiting possibilities in Florida.

We'll see if it actually happens first...

bearsfan_51
12-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Our coach beat Miami's coach this year. :)

I like the Golden hire. He's young like Muschamp, but has actually been a head coach before.

Maybe Chris Peterson is staying at Boise 4-life.

brat316
12-13-2010, 08:42 AM
So what assistant coaches are out there looking to be hired for a HC job in the MAC? Come on MAC is the stepping stone for a better job.

Anyone got some names, Temple needs a new coach?

Sniper
12-13-2010, 08:52 AM
So what assistant coaches are out there looking to be hired for a HC job in the MAC? Come on MAC is the stepping stone for a better job.

Anyone got some names, Temple needs a new coach?

You can have Rich Rod! He already recruits like he's in the MAC, so the switch would be perfect.

bearsfan_51
12-13-2010, 09:03 AM
Well, Northern Illinois just hired the defensive coordinator from Wisconsin. If you're talking about a job like Temple, you're probably looking at similar-level coordinators or successful FCS coaches.

Possible names?
-K.C. Keeler- Delaware Head Coach
-Sean McDonnell- New Hampshire Head Coach
-Paul Cryst- Wisconsin Offensive Coordinator
-Don Treadwell- Michigan State Offensive Coordinator
-Paul Petrino- Illinois Offensive Coordinator
-Bud Foster- Virginia Tech Defensive Coordinator
-Todd Orlando- Connecticut Defensive Coordinator
-Scott Shafer- Syracuse Defensive Coordinator

Just some educated guesses. Probably all wrong.

Hollywood
12-13-2010, 10:38 AM
don't you mean UF?

Or maybe he means University of Temple recruits are going to jump ship to Miami with Golden! :wink: :wink:

JoeJoeBrown
12-13-2010, 11:02 AM
This hire is Golden... LIKE A SHOWER!!!

brat316
12-13-2010, 11:03 AM
Or maybe he means University of Temple recruits are going to jump ship to Miami with Golden! :wink: :wink:

hahah. Yeah :wink: :wink:.

djp
12-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Don't see Bud Foster going to Temple. Other than that, no clue about that list.