PDA

View Full Version : Week 13 - Chicago at Detroit(+3.5)

Scotty D
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
Sorry about not getting around to a thread last week. Discuss the game and make a prediction.

Pettigrew - 55 receptions 554 yards 3 TDs
Johnson - 59 receptions 806 yards 11 TDs
Suh - 8 sacks 45 tackles 1 TD 1 INT

detroit4life
11-29-2010, 09:51 AM
god do i want this one badly....

our biggest hope is that best is coming off a 10 day break and is hopefully able to go all out.

They still have noone to shut down CJ and our passing attack. we load the box and shut down forte and make cutler beat us.

Biggest challenge is their front 7 and how we protect, this defense looks much better than the team we played week 1

tblain1
11-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Sorry about not getting around to a thread last week. Discuss the game and make a prediction.

Pettigrew - 55 receptions 554 yards 3 TDs
Johnson - 59 receptions 806 yards 11 TDs
Suh - 8 sacks 45 tackles 1 TD 1 INT

Those are also my predictions for the game.

Whats the word on Staff? Has he been IR'd yet?
Ugh... well we looked awful against New England (a team I think is probably the best in the NFL right now), and the Bears looked strong against a damn good Philadelphia game. I just wonder what state our locker room is in. Are they the defeated Lions of the past two years looking to just end the season? Or do they have some fight left in them and something to prove?

From the Thanksgiving Day 4th quarter, sadly I think they are losing the fight. I hope they prove me wrong. Before Stafford got hurt I had this one circled as a possible win but I think we lose 31-24.

And if we lose, I'm gonna hear about it from my co-workers.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
11-29-2010, 10:29 PM
I want this and every division game left bad. But the reality is the Bears are playing really well and the Lions are playing the worst they have all year.

In order to have a chance, we need another monster Dline performance the ENTIRE game and turnovers forced like Week 1.

Hill needs to rebound to his earlier season form and protect the ball. We won't be able to run at all but our shotgun passing offense can still move the ball I think.

Good trap game for the Bears, hope the Lions pull off the upset and get some momentum and forget about the Jets last 5 minutes,Bills,Cowboys,Pats fiasco.

I wish we could just finish a game strong for once.

Scotty D
12-01-2010, 05:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Lions-QB-Hill-out-for-season-?urn=nfl-290636

Hill could be out for the season. Stanton took first team reps on Tuesday and its looking like he will start on Sunday.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-01-2010, 04:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Lions-QB-Hill-out-for-season-?urn=nfl-290636

Hill could be out for the season. Stanton took first team reps on Tuesday and its looking like he will start on Sunday.

Such a frustrating season. I just want our Dline to make QBs black and blue at this point. Thats all I got for the rest of this season. But of course VandenBosch is hurt so I guess we'll see more of McBride and LoJack to see what they got for depth for next year. Plus more experience for the building blocks of Suh,Levy,Delmas.

The one good thing from this season, we never "lost" with Matt Stafford in the game. 14-13 up on Bears at half, beat Washington and up 20-10 on the Jets in the 4th. We will be incredibly under the radar again next season, deservedly so since we don't know how to win and have no run game or run D and now the secondary regressed and is giving up big plays again.

Prowler
12-05-2010, 02:09 PM
loving that dline right now. spievey is fine next to delmas. landon johnson hasn't been too bad. i wish we could always play the bear's horrible oline.

Prowler
12-05-2010, 02:18 PM
great coaching by schwartz. he sensed an upcoming drive-killing, peterman false start so he called time out.....with that said I want Peterman's head in a box and mailed to australia. he's horrible. get off my continent.

Scotty D
12-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Stanton is having a good game.

Prowler
12-05-2010, 02:25 PM
i pray the players lock out and get these pathetic calls out of the game

Prowler
12-05-2010, 02:48 PM
now i want the 1st pick. screw it. have luck declare, get the first pick, trade it to arizona, and get something great out of this.

DrunkenLament
12-05-2010, 03:05 PM
i pray the players lock out and get these pathetic calls out of the game

Why does it seem that in every single close game we can point to one specific penalty (or non penalty) that blew the game for us? This is really starting to piss me off.

Edit: How many times does Ed Hochuli bail out Jay Cutlers teams?

Addict
12-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I knew from the get-go that this wasn't going to be a great season, but this has turned into a soulcrushing heartbreaker fast.

Scotty D
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I5zbv.gif
http://i.imgur.com/TZC9F.gif

MidwayMonster31
12-06-2010, 02:39 PM
DJ Moore is 5'9, I don't know how he could hit Megatron in the head, though that was a nice stiff arm. I didn't agree with the personal foul call after seeing the replay.
Regardless, the officiating has been beyond embarrassing this season.