PDA

View Full Version : Is CB Prince Amukamara's Stock Falling?

bucfan12
12-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Everything I'm reading is that more scouts believe Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara isn't worth a top 15 selection and was more of a product of Nebraska's dominating d-line that included Ndamakung Suh back in 2009. He did not record a single Interception and many scouts say he didn't look like a top pick, which where many projected him as high as a top 10 in the draft.

Now I haven't seen much of Nebraska this year, but is there anyone who can verify this or seen anything about him?

Scott Wright
12-14-2010, 01:31 AM
I haven't heard anything like that at all.

Amukamara will be a Top 5-10 overall pick and battle Peterson to be the first DB selected.

RaiderNation
12-14-2010, 01:33 AM
No idea where this is coming from, Id say his stock had risen. I have him over PP right now as a pure CB prospect

Cicero
12-14-2010, 01:49 AM
His stock fell in my eyes after watching Justin Blacmon tear him aparat.

Shane P. Hallam
12-14-2010, 01:50 AM

Errr...did you watch the game? Blackmon didn't quite tear him apart...

NotRickJames
12-14-2010, 01:50 AM
No. Easily the second best corner, and there's a case for him ahead of Peterson.

Razor
12-14-2010, 03:09 AM
No idea where this is coming from, Id say his stock had risen. I have him over PP right now as a pure CB prospect
This. Amu definetly looks like the top CB prospect right now and one of the best prospects regardless of position.

Incogneetus69
12-14-2010, 04:43 AM
How could it fall right now?

wicket
12-14-2010, 05:36 AM
Errr...did you watch the game? Blackmon didn't quite tear him apart...

Same argument i have with people saying that julio tore up pp, that just wasnt what was happening if you saw the game.

However, prince should fall, have you seen his hair, its terrible!

brat316
12-14-2010, 06:35 AM
could the lack of production be because of teams not throwing his way?

RealityCheck
12-14-2010, 08:28 AM
Not since he'll pick 6 Locker twice.

ElectricEye
12-14-2010, 09:21 AM

Except it didn't quite go that way, as Shane said. I've heard nothing that his stock is falling. Wouldn't mind though.

jason96r
12-14-2010, 10:21 AM
I think some are thinking Amukumara may be a better fit at safety. Perhaps they see Malcolm Jenkins in that Amukumara is a bigger CB prospect. As long as Amukumara shows speed, change of direction, fluidity, and superb CB technique all the perhaps he's a better safety talk will die down.

I'm sure when Prince gets an agent the above will be what he works on to try to even overtake PP#7. Go to a place that has good speed training and I'd like to work primarily on footspeed and making his technique nearly perfect.

People forget that Amukumara was a RB coming into college and is still early in his development as a CB prospect. I think Prince has a pretty high floor but has a higher ceiling than many believe because he can still be developed quite a bit.

I think Prince may need to work on a Jugs machine, with technique, and in the filmroom. I don't doubt his ballskills but since he doesn't have INT's this year that could be a doubt raised on him. Teams simply avoided his side of the field and I think he was better than last year in coverage even with Nebraska's passrush not being as good as last years. Infact 2 of Nebraska's passrushers are currently on Detroit roster in B. Turner and primarily Suh.

A Perfect Score
12-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Actually, Blackmon did burn Amakurama a few times.

zVeWn3bwWTg

He gave up the 12 yarder, the 30 yarder, the big PI call where he got flat out beat, and the flea flicker TD pass to Blackmon which was like 60 yards. Those were all on Amukamara.

That said, it was one bad game in a stellar season. The guy is still a Top 10 pick.

EDIT: Of course Im aware that highlights don't show the entire story, this is just an example for people who haven't actually seen the footage of the game.

oldman9er
12-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Watched a lot of Nebraska ball, and still think Amukamara will go in the 7-12 range. He doesn't see that much come his way, but it's easy to see his ability to be physical and shadow receivers.

ElectricEye
12-14-2010, 10:31 AM
He gave up the 12 yarder, the 30 yarder, the big PI call where he got flat out beat, and the flea flicker TD pass to Blackmon which was like 60 yards. Those were all on Amukamara.

That said, it was one bad game in a stellar season. The guy is still a Top 10 pick.
The flea flicker was a little fluky though. Blackmon is a fantastic receiver and he's going to do all those other plays to anyone, but the Prince biting on the flea flicker isn't something that happens terribly often. If he hadn't taken that step in the wrong direction that's likely an incompletion or an interception. Poor play by him, but it's not exactly like he got smoked either.

A Perfect Score
12-14-2010, 10:35 AM
The flea flicker was a little fluky though. Blackmon is a fantastic receiver and he's going to do all those other plays to anyone, but the Prince biting on the flea flicker isn't something that happens terribly often. If he hadn't taken that step in the wrong direction that's likely an incompletion or an interception. Poor play by him, but it's not exactly like he got smoked either.

Id be more concerned with the PI call, to be honest. In college intentional pass interference to save a TD is a decent play because its only a 15 yard penalty. In the NFL, thats an entirely different story and Blackmon straight up torched him on that play.

ElectricEye
12-14-2010, 10:39 AM
Id be more concerned with the PI call, to be honest. In college intentional pass interference to save a TD is a decent play because its only a 15 yard penalty. In the NFL, thats an entirely different story and Blackmon straight up torched him on that play.

It was pretty smart however...but yeah, that play looks worse.

Babylon
12-14-2010, 10:40 AM
He seems to try to jump a lot of routes and would seem susceptible to a lot of double moves, which of course can be corrected. Cant see him going any later than Malcolm Jenkins did. (14th to the saints)

descendency
12-14-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't know what games you guys were watching, but I'd say Julio Jones easily won over PP and Blackmon easily won over PA. I'm not saying they were ripped to peices, but I don't think it's hard to tell who won those match-ups.

As far as PA's stock falling, I think it might be a little, but that's more due to Brandon Harris' stock rising. I really think that kid could be the #1 corner at times.

SRogers92
12-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Prince is not battling for Peterson as the #1 DB chosen ... it's PP and everyone else.

Shane P. Hallam
12-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Prince is not battling for Peterson as the #1 DB chosen ... it's PP and everyone else.

Not true at all. Since Prince is viewed as a more complete corner, NFL teams may favor him more. PP the better physical specimen, but his hips may lead to some questions for a team that only needs a corner.

Legend234
12-20-2010, 12:10 AM
oklahoma had a lot of success throwing at him too. And the troubling thing about that flea flicker play was how bad he looked playing the ball and how his feet got tangled up after the ball was caught. He looked really awkward.

I was impressed from what I saw of him last year, but this year, i have been really disappointed.

ThePudge
12-20-2010, 12:24 AM
No one who watched that Oklahoma State game could tell me Blackmon didn't get the better of Amukamara that day. He certainly wasn't burning him up and down the field, but Blackmon made the big plays that he needed to. 4 rec 132 yds 1 Td came matching up against Prince.

If it's not Prince's fault, on the flea flicker, then who's is it? Should we assume that every flea flicker should work perfectly if the blocking is good? I think the corner covering the deep ball needs to be held accountable for reading and reacting there.

Like many other corners (notably Aaron Williams), Blackmon simply outdueled Prince when the ball was in the air. Amukamara had good coverage all day, but he had no chance on 50/50 balls.

I think Amukamara is a Top 7-12 pick as someone eluded to earlier.

dannyz
12-20-2010, 12:37 AM
I will say Prince got beat in the OK State game and the Big 12 Game. If you watch Nebraska games you would know QB's don't throw his way and that has made Alfonzo Dennard's Production go up. I think he is a Top 10-12 Pick.

borg9
12-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Right or wrong, Prince's 40 time will make the difference. If he clocks in around 4.40 or lower, I think he gets picked between 4-8.

4.47 or slower, he be dropping.

TACKLE
12-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Right or wrong, Prince's 40 time will make the difference. If he clocks in around 4.40 or lower, I think he gets picked between 4-8.

I would be very surprised if he ran sub 4.4.

wonderbredd24
12-20-2010, 02:53 PM

Certainly killed Joe Haden's stock

A Perfect Score
12-20-2010, 03:24 PM

I think anything 4.5 or lower cements him as a top 7-10 pick. There is no way in hell he gets out of the top 10 unless he runs a 4.65. He's a better prospect then Joe Haden was last year.

PTPaQ
12-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Wow I wish Prince would slide, right into the Packers laps, or at least into trade-up territory.

As for the match up with Blackmon...Don't kid yourself, Blackmon dominated.

With that said I still take Prince over Patrick.

FUNBUNCHER
12-21-2010, 02:05 AM
Remember after Bowl games and allstar games, many of the top prospects sign up with speed/strength and conditioning camps to prepare for the draft.

If Amukumara trains with a speed coach for several weeks prior to the draft, I think he runs very close to his estimated 4.3 time.

Caulibflower
12-21-2010, 03:17 AM
It's track season for NFL prospects!!!

jason96r
12-21-2010, 08:49 AM
As long as Prince Amukumara works with a speed coach and on his footwork/fluidity he will be a top pick. Amukumara has good athleticism but not elite like Patrick Peterson and that is why people are downgrading him. If Prince works with a speed coach and can make his footspeed quicker people will move him right back up to the top 10 instead of having him hover just outside of the top 10. I think right now people may be trying to over-evaluate Amukumara and Peterson for that matter.

cajuncorey
12-21-2010, 01:28 PM
this is kind of like the case last year of eric berry vs taylor mays... all of mays' measureables were better than berrys but mays in reality was too bulky to be able to use those abilities efficiently. i think its the same case with PP and amukumara. petersons bulk will scare teams off because a corner thats 220 pounds is unheard of. amukumara is the safer pick IMO

A Perfect Score
12-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Remember after Bowl games and allstar games, many of the top prospects sign up with speed/strength and conditioning camps to prepare for the draft.

If Amukumara trains with a speed coach for several weeks prior to the draft, I think he runs very close to his estimated 4.3 time.

I havent read, heard, or seen anyone predict or estimate his 40 time to be around 4.3. Thats ********.

Morton
12-21-2010, 01:51 PM
FYI Devin McCourty ran the fastest 40 at the combine among DBs last year with a 4.3.

Sometimes 40 times are overrated, but with CBs, you typically want them to be as fast as possible.

Doesn't mean you should always draft the one with the fastest 40 time, but all in all, if two CBs have similiarly strong technique (i.e. Peterson vs Amukamara), you want to take the one with the faster 40.

jason96r
12-21-2010, 02:20 PM
IMO technique and quickness is more neccessary than straight speed. After watching Blackmon's highlights vs him I saw a few times where his footwork and technique wasn't perfect. Now as a CB I would want Amukamara to have close to 4.4 speed as possible but I'd rather see the footwork and very fluid hips then know he ran a 4.3 like some can but never are able to display that speed on the field. I haven't seen a lot of Amukamara but from what I've seen I think he may have around 4.48 or so speed.

SRogers92
12-21-2010, 02:39 PM
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would take Prince over Peterson ...

Morton
12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
IMO technique and quickness is more neccessary than straight speed. After watching Blackmon's highlights vs him I saw a few times where his footwork and technique wasn't perfect. Now as a CB I would want Amukamara to have close to 4.4 speed as possible but I'd rather see the footwork and very fluid hips then know he ran a 4.3 like some can but never are able to display that speed on the field. I haven't seen a lot of Amukamara but from what I've seen I think he may have around 4.48 or so speed.

You can teach technique; you can't teach speed.

Saints-Tigers
12-21-2010, 03:40 PM
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone would take Prince over Peterson ...

Peterson got so popular that it's now envogue to pick the other CB, like when everyone jumped Gerald McCoy over Suh or called them neck and neck. (PEterson and Prince is a lot closer though.)

etk
12-21-2010, 04:32 PM

He's a more fluid athlete and better cover corner right now. Peterson is probably the best physical specimen in the draft, and I had him as the #1 prospect overall before the season, but he's not even close to the best CB in CFB right now. Amukamara, Brandon Harris and Janoris Jenkins are all better, fr starters. None of those guys are as big, fast and explosive as Peter$on though, plus the KR ability.

Peterson got so popular that it's now envogue to pick the other CB, like when everyone jumped Gerald McCoy over Suh or called them neck and neck. (PEterson and Prince is a lot closer though.)

When you have 2 great prospects with different skillsets, some people with prefer one over the other. Suh is having an outstanding year and he's very difficult to block but McCoy was playing just as well before his injury. You didn't hear about McCoy very much because our DL is awful and he was the only one getting penetration and disrupting plays. We played the Lions this week and Suh was matched up against Derek Hardman (RFA) and I'd have to give Hardman the edge in that one, but Corey Williams and Cliff Avril were disruptive all game, as was Lawrence Jackson at times. Contrast to the Bucs who have no DL that can make any plays aside from McCoy and the past 2 weeks we've been dominated at the LOS after a steady improvement prior to McCoy's injury.

McCoy and Suh were neck and neck, they still are, and they likely always will be. They will be linemates on the Pro Bowl for many years if they both progress and stay healthy (fingers crossed for McCoy now).

dannyz
12-21-2010, 04:44 PM
they still are

I don't think they are neck and neck now. Suh is having a great year. Mccoy had a Good year.

Saints-Tigers
12-21-2010, 05:23 PM
No, McCoy was NOT playing just as well as Suh. And it continues, lol.

cajuncorey
12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
I don't think they are neck and neck now. Suh is having a great year. Mccoy had a Good year.

yeah exactly... the only thing keeping them neck and neck in ETKs mind is that hes a buc's fan and every play mccoy makes gets exagerated by a factor of 10

SRogers92
12-22-2010, 11:03 AM
He's a more fluid athlete and better cover corner right now. Peterson is probably the best physical specimen in the draft, and I had him as the #1 prospect overall before the season, but he's not even close to the best CB in CFB right now. Amukamara, Brandon Harris and Janoris Jenkins are all better, fr starters. None of those guys are as big, fast and explosive as Peter$on though, plus the KR ability.

When you have 2 great prospects with different skillsets, some people with prefer one over the other. Suh is having an outstanding year and he's very difficult to block but McCoy was playing just as well before his injury. You didn't hear about McCoy very much because our DL is awful and he was the only one getting penetration and disrupting plays. We played the Lions this week and Suh was matched up against Derek Hardman (RFA) and I'd have to give Hardman the edge in that one, but Corey Williams and Cliff Avril were disruptive all game, as was Lawrence Jackson at times. Contrast to the Bucs who have no DL that can make any plays aside from McCoy and the past 2 weeks we've been dominated at the LOS after a steady improvement prior to McCoy's injury.

McCoy and Suh were neck and neck, they still are, and they likely always will be. They will be linemates on the Pro Bowl for many years if they both progress and stay healthy (fingers crossed for McCoy now).

You should definitely make sure to put, in your opinion there ... because I completely, 100% disagree with that statement ... I don't see any validity to back it up, either ... it's like people are trying oh so hard to find flaws in Peterson's game and just begin to talk out of their asses(ala Suh last year) ... He's better now and has more upside than any CB since Newman, IMO ...

DBNYDP
12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Question
If Peterson goes to safety, would he be like an Eric Berry type prospect/player?

I ask this because then like Prince would be like the #1 CB on the board or something like that.
Just wondering if a GM would look at Peterson more as an athlete playing the position of CB, and Amukamara as a CB who is an athlete if you get my drift.

Technique wise, they are both pretty good but I think Prince is probably a better CB when it comes to technique right now..
No way does he drop out of top 10 (unless his combine sucks)

SRogers92
12-22-2010, 04:11 PM
I could see Prince not even being the #2 CB in this draft ... there's a very real possibility he isn't the #2 CB on a lot of teams' boards ... a lot can change between now and then but -- he's far from a lock ... I don't see any way Peterson falls out of the top 5 unless he bombs interviews or something.

etk
12-23-2010, 11:12 AM
yeah exactly... the only thing keeping them neck and neck in ETKs mind is that hes a buc's fan and every play mccoy makes gets exagerated by a factor of 10

Or....maybe etk actually watched McCoy play instead of looking up stats on the internet? Watch McCoy's last game prior to his injury and Suh's last game (against the Bucs) and you'll see what I mean, assuming you have a brain.

btw I've been a McCoy supporter long before he was drafted to the Bucs.

Also it's Bucs, not buc's. lrn2english

You should definitely make sure to put, in your opinion there ... because I completely, 100% disagree with that statement ... I don't see any validity to back it up, either ... it's like people are trying oh so hard to find flaws in Peterson's game and just begin to talk out of their asses(ala Suh last year) ... He's better now and has more upside than any CB since Newman, IMO ...

Of course it's in my opinion, but I'm far from the only one who shares it. I think you misunderstood my point anyway. I'm not picking out flaws in Peterson's game and I'm not talking about upside and what not. What I'm saying is that if you watch college football (which I do a lot of) you'll see that Amukamara, Harris and Jenkins are all better cover corners and shutdown the opposition better than Peterson.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's not really opinion, it's pretty much fact that those 3 corners give up less catches and yards than Peterson does.

SRogers92
12-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I'd be interested to see what sources you have that present those stats as fact ... very curious ... I talk with two other gentlemen often who are very knowledgeable of scouting and speak with different NFL scouts ... one guy writes for another website similar to this one and another guy used to some scouting himself and is still friends with someone on the Colts' scouting team.

From everything they have told me ... Prince is falling right now and may not even be the #2 CB ... some are projecting him moreso at safety because of his ability to play the run, but -- as the game against Oklahoma State showed, he doesn't have great deep coverage ability and doesn't close well ... To say that Prince is a more "fluid" athlete is just bologna ... there may not be a better athlete in all of football, you just throw the word fluid in there to try and help your argument when there is no basis for that ...

And -- to say Peterson isn't "even close" to the best CB in college football right now again, screams bias and ignorance ... he may or may not be the best, it's all subjective and opinion(though you'll state yours as fact), but -- the fact many scouts feel Peterson is far and away the #1 CB in the draft says a lot more to me than an E-Scout.

etk
12-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I'd be interested to see what sources you have that present those stats as fact ... very curious ... I talk with two other gentlemen often who are very knowledgeable of scouting and speak with different NFL scouts ... one guy writes for another website similar to this one and another guy used to some scouting himself and is still friends with someone on the Colts' scouting team.

From everything they have told me ... Prince is falling right now and may not even be the #2 CB ... some are projecting him moreso at safety because of his ability to play the run, but -- as the game against Oklahoma State showed, he doesn't have great deep coverage ability and doesn't close well ... To say that Prince is a more "fluid" athlete is just bologna ... there may not be a better athlete in all of football, you just throw the word fluid in there to try and help your argument when there is no basis for that ...

And -- to say Peterson isn't "even close" to the best CB in college football right now again, screams bias and ignorance ... he may or may not be the best, it's all subjective and opinion(though you'll state yours as fact), but -- the fact many scouts feel Peterson is far and away the #1 CB in the draft says a lot more to me than an E-Scout.

Sounds like you're very well-connected. Did you take elementary school English? Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I haven't seen Prince play as much as Harris and Jenkins but from what I've seen he has better hips than Peterson and rarely gets thrown at. When I watch LSU, Peterson gets a lot of passes thrown a way and most are completed. Your points about deep coverage and closing may be correct....I'd need to see more film to compare. Fluid isn't just a bogus word....fluid means Prince has looser hips and runs smoother than Peterson. Peterson is bigger and more explosive but he's lost some hip flexibility and agility since high school.

When did I say Peterson is not even close? IMO the top 3 corners in CFB are Harris, Amukamara and Jenkins with Peterson right behind. Harris and Jenkins have given up less catches and yards than Peterson (barring a statistical miracle), hence the "fact". Jayron Hosley and Cliff Harris are among others that could enter the discussion btw.

When did I say that Peterson isn't the #1 CB in the draft? You can go through my posts and find that early in the season I had Peterson as the #1 PROSPECT overall. It's been that way since the offseason (before everyone jumped on the bandwagon bc of his KRs) and it still is right now. This is because prospects are not the same as cover corners. Peterson has much more upside than any other CB in recent memory plus he has return ability. To repeat (since you struggle to follow), Peterson is not the best cover corner in college right now but he is still my #1 prospect overall because of his potential.

It's funny that you act like I'm some Peterson hater when I've been following him since his Jr. year of HS and know fully well how special he is as an athlete, hence why he's been my #1 prospect for this draft since the summer.

Have you had enough now? Explaining stuff to you is exhausting.

ThePudge
12-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Or....maybe etk actually watched McCoy play instead of looking up stats on the internet? Watch McCoy's last game prior to his injury and Suh's last game (against the Bucs) and you'll see what I mean, assuming you have a brain.

btw I've been a McCoy supporter long before he was drafted to the Bucs.

Also it's Bucs, not buc's. lrn2english

To throw in a little irrelevant take...

When I got home, in November, I learned the family had gotten NFL Redzone. I got the chance to watch the Bucs much more than before. In the games prior to the injury Gerald McCoy was playing great. The guy was in the backfield consistently and like he did in college, though he wasn't recording statistics, he was influencing the game in a big way. To me it's not much of a coincidence that the game after he goes down Detroit comes into Tampa and runs the ball down their throat. He was without doubt the best player on that DL every time. Once they add some more talent up front and Gerald works on his his strength he'll be an All-Pro caliber player.

Now for a bit of relevance...

It seems most people are more sold on Amukamara staying at corner than Patrick Peterson. PP has a thicker frame and his hips aren't quite as fluid as Prince's. Both are great athletes and both should make it at corner in the NFL.

PVonDy85
12-23-2010, 07:17 PM
To say Prince doesn't close well is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. I have seen every Nebraska game the past 4 years and I can honestly say the only player I have seen close as well as Prince is Charles Woodson. To me, Prince is a combination of Charles Woodson and Phillip Buchanon.

P-L
12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
We played the Lions this week and Suh was matched up against Derek Hardman (RFA) and I'd have to give Hardman the edge in that one, but Corey Williams and Cliff Avril were disruptive all game, as was Lawrence Jackson at times.
Sorry, just saw this but... what? Suh dominated Hardman and was easily our best defensive lineman in that game, despite not recording a sack. What game were you watching? Suh probably lead our team in pressures and forced a handful of incompletions. Hardman held him without a sack, but that was about it. I usually respect your opinion a lot etk, but I cannot see anyway in which someone can honestly believe Suh was not the CLEAR winner of that match-up.

Sniper
12-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Sorry, just saw this but... what? Suh dominated Hardman and was easily our best defensive lineman in that game, despite not recording a sack. What game were you watching? Suh probably lead our team in pressures and forced a handful of incompletions. Hardman held him without a sack, but that was about it. I usually respect your opinion a lot etk, but I cannot see anyway in which someone can honestly believe Suh was not the CLEAR winner of that match-up.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/12/23/re-focused-week-15-lions-at-buccaneers/

We refused to crown Ndamukong Suh (+3.4) an all-conquering, unstoppable monster from the defensive tackle spot early in the season, but heís really arrived. Putting in the kind of consistent, destructive games that we saw from him against the Bucs is going to earn him every accolade. He was too much for the Bucs interior and though he didnít end the game with a sack, he did produce a quarterback hit and five pressures. Throw in two defensive stops and itís quite scary to think how good he could be for a long time.

Clarkw267
12-25-2010, 01:42 AM
To say Prince doesn't close well is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. I have seen every Nebraska game the past 4 years and I can honestly say the only player I have seen close as well as Prince is Charles Woodson. To me, Prince is a combination of Charles Woodson and Phillip Buchanon.

That's funny because when I see Peterson play, the first name that comes to mind is Charles Woodson. Both are outstanding athletes who have safety size, and corner skills. I like Amukamara as a prospect, but I'll take Peterson all day , every day out of the two of them.

will99890
12-25-2010, 10:14 AM
I like the Peterson-Woodson comparison. Prince is like a faster Malcolm Jenkins imo. I don't think PP will get past 5 or Prince past 12

Also, I disagree with the people saying Peterson possesses stiff hips. I just don't see it. I predict Peterson will end up in top 5 among DB's in the combine shuttle drills. The only question mark in my mind is PP's feel for the game/instincts.

gutman54
12-25-2010, 06:36 PM
etk, do you only bash people for their brains? You are making fun of other people for their use of spelling and grammar on a message board. Maybe you're not very smart either.

A Perfect Score
12-25-2010, 09:56 PM
etk, do you only bash people for their brains? You are making fun of other people for their use of spelling and grammar on a message board. Maybe you're not very smart either.

Just because its a message board doesn't mean eloquence and proper grammar and punctuation is lost on those smart enough to appreciate it. I understand not everyone is into that, but the time and intelligence it takes to put that stuff in isn't really significant. In fact, I'd hope anyone that I argue or debate with on here has enough education and sense to automatically include those things, but no such luck. Personally, if a person has proper spelling and grammar I assume they're smarter then the idiot who uses nothing but internet slang and actually thinks its saving him that much time.

Saints-Tigers
12-27-2010, 12:48 AM
It's clear that McCoy is the Bill Russell off football, he just does so much outside of the stats, and Suh is just a stat padder who racks up sacks and tackles for loss without actually getting into the backfield!

Wrathman
12-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Just because its a message board doesn't mean eloquence and proper grammar and punctuation is lost on those smart enough to appreciate it. I understand not everyone is into that, but the time and intelligence it takes to put that stuff in isn't really significant. In fact, I'd hope anyone that I argue or debate with on here has enough education and sense to automatically include those things, but no such luck. Personally, if a person has proper spelling and grammar I assume they're smarter then the idiot who uses nothing but internet slang and actually thinks its saving him that much time.

Use "it's" for it is.
Replace "and" with a comma.
Use "than" for comparison.
Use "it's" for it is.
lol.

This is why even though I totally agree with you, I rarely mention it because then I need to be my own grammar-Nazi and that gets old in a hurry. Still, the thought is certainly appreciated.

On topic, Suh has outplayed McCoy on the whole from what I've seen.

Legend234
12-30-2010, 10:21 PM
everytime I watch him, he gets beat. He just got beat badly on a post. It would have been a TD if the running back wasn't throwing.

jason96r
12-30-2010, 10:51 PM
I missed the play. The RB threw the ball? He's aggressive in run support if it's a trick play and he was coming up to support the run it's more a coaching issue not talent.

xxxxxxxx
12-30-2010, 10:51 PM
everytime I watch him, he gets beat. He just got beat badly on a post. It would have been a TD if the running back wasn't throwing.

It was a trick play, where it was a direct snap to the running back and he pulled a tebow... pretending to tuck in then pulled up and threw it.

So, your wrong.

Legend234
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
It was a trick play, where it was a direct snap to the running back and he pulled a tebow... pretending to tuck in then pulled up and threw it.

So, your wrong.

whats the difference? it was trick play where the rb threw the ball. Im pretty sure the guy he was covering was the wideout so if the play would have actually been an inside run, he would have done nothing to stop it from the corner position anyway. He should have stuck to the receiver. He also just got beat on a bang route that they didn't throw. I'm not hating. I was hyping him up to people whenever i saw that nebraska was on t.v. just because i heard so much about him and he has made me look bad everytime.

GloryDaysRBack
12-30-2010, 11:27 PM
I have one question when comparing PP and Prince. Which one of these two guys plays the deep ball better? What I mean by this is, when the ball is in the air (typically high in the air on a bomb), which of these two guys has the better ability to 1)knock the ball down or 2)pick the pass off.

One of my pet peeves is when a CB has absolutely 0 understanding of how to play the ball in these situations. There is no worse feeling than seeing your db in position to make the play only to see him consistently screw it up because he doesn't know how to play the ball. Are either of these two guys that guy? Is one significantly better than the other in this area?

TACKLE
12-30-2010, 11:31 PM
I would say Peterson is more natural and playing the ball in the air.

Jimmy
12-31-2010, 08:01 AM
I have one question when comparing PP and Prince. Which one of these two guys plays the deep ball better? What I mean by this is, when the ball is in the air (typically high in the air on a bomb), which of these two guys has the better ability to 1)knock the ball down or 2)pick the pass off.

One of my pet peeves is when a CB has absolutely 0 understanding of how to play the ball in these situations. There is no worse feeling than seeing your db in position to make the play only to see him consistently screw it up because he doesn't know how to play the ball. Are either of these two guys that guy? Is one significantly better than the other in this area?

patrick peterson, bar none.
just a small example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w07TQEGBgpY