PDA

View Full Version : OT's in the 2nd round

thegreatone
12-14-2010, 10:04 AM
What are some good OT prospects that should be available in the 2nd round?

Early second round:
Mid second round:

TheMorningZoo
12-14-2010, 02:54 PM
DeMarcus Love (early)
Nate Solder (early to mid )
Tyron Smith * if he declares, potential 1st, but most likely early 2nd
Marcus Cannon (anywhere from early 2nd to early 3rd) -Not sure if RT or G
Matt Reynolds (solid mid second)

Two Wildcards are:
Lee Ziemba
Orlando Franklin

Franklin might be a guard, but could rise to the 2nd
Ziemba is having a solid season and with good workouts could elevate his status as well

SolidGold
12-14-2010, 02:55 PM
Lee Ziemba is one of my favorite OL prospects in the draft...I think he is close to a sure thing as you can get.

Don Vito
12-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Ziemba is a solid all-around tackle. I wouldn't say he is going to be a franchise guy, but he is capable of having a Matt Light type career.

TACKLE
12-14-2010, 03:15 PM
The guy I really like is Kelechi Osemele from Iowa State. Some think his best fit is inside but I still think he could be a really good RT. Massive guy with impressive athleticism and long arms. Once he gets his hands on the DE, its over. He's a tough player who does a really good job at finishing his blocks and blocking to the whistle.

A Perfect Score
12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Orlando Franklin was the first name that came to mind when I clicked. He's a big, mean guy with solid athleticism. Could probably project to RT or OG in the pros.

RealityCheck
12-14-2010, 03:42 PM
Marcus Cannon (anywhere from early 2nd to early 3rd) -Not sure if RT or G
Marcus Cannon, early 3rd? You've got to be kidding here.

Babylon
12-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Two young guys who could show up early in the second based solely on inexperience: Riley Reiff, Iowa and Matt Kalil, USC. If they are there in the second go get em.

TACKLE
12-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Marcus Cannon, early 3rd? You've got to be kidding here.

Marcus Cannon in the 3rd is far more likely than Marcus Cannon the 1st. Early 2nd-Early 3rd is the range he'll go in as it stands now.

A Perfect Score
12-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Two young guys who could show up early in the second based solely on inexperience: Riley Reiff, Iowa and Matt Kalil, USC. If they are there in the second go get em.

If Reiff declares, I fully expect him to go higher then the second. He may be the first OT off the board if he does declare.

thegreatone
12-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Do you guys think Joseph Barksdale is worth a second round pick?

TACKLE
12-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Do you guys think Joseph Barksdale is worth a second round pick?

No, no I don't. I don't see Barksdale being worth much more than a late round pick.

Grizzlegom
12-14-2010, 06:25 PM
Jason Pinkston and Orlando Franklin were the first two that came to mind. Of course if Sherrod, Carimi, Castonzo, Solder, or Love don't go in the first they'll go in the second.

Babylon
12-14-2010, 07:10 PM
If Reiff declares, I fully expect him to go higher then the second. He may be the first OT off the board if he does declare.

Could well be but being a sophomore he may slide a bit as Eben Britton did when he came out of Arizona. I doubt seriously Reiff would get by New England at the top of the 2nd round.