PDA

View Full Version : BPA

Hermstheman83
03-21-2007, 12:15 AM
So in the latest Interview, Herm pretty much said that he's going to take the Best Player available, regardless of need.

1. What are your thoughts on that(BPA vs. Player taken via need)?
2. Who are we going to draft at that #23?

bored of education
03-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Corner back Aaron Ross? Jarrett? Staley?

villagewarrior
03-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Best player available is definetely the way every team should go. Right now the way I see it, the Chiefs have a legit reason to draft the following positions in the first round based on the current players that are there: QB, WR, OL, DL, 2 LB spots, and CB. There is going to be a good football player at 23 at one or more of these positions, so either way we are filling a need.

I'm thinking an offensive lineman will be the choice, possibly Staley, but I wouldn't be surprised if they took a defensive linemen either, maybe even a defensive end. I know we just took Hali last year, but the class of ends this year is really strong and with Allen's future up in the air it wouldn't be out of the question that CP would pull a Larry Johnson to gain the leverage over him.

Hermstheman83
03-22-2007, 12:53 AM
While I was watching ESPN, I saw them having us take Chris Houston. I think at least one of the three stud CB's are there...but I'm all about the BPA strategy. Perhaps a guy who can play both positions. Is 23 too high for Harrell or Tank?

Jhawk386
03-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Anyone think Reggie Nelson might slip?

villagewarrior
03-22-2007, 09:09 AM
While I was watching ESPN, I saw them having us take Chris Houston. I think at least one of the three stud CB's are there...but I'm all about the BPA strategy. Perhaps a guy who can play both positions. Is 23 too high for Harrell or Tank?

I think 23 is too high for Harrell and Tank, however I wouldn't be opposed to moving down to 30-35 and taking either one in that area. Hopefully we'd be able to pick up a couple of more draft picks in any trade down, especially if we could get an extra one in 2008.

Ho0k Em'
03-22-2007, 12:15 PM

No, but even if he does we don't need him.

T-RICH49
03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
*praying* pleast let Willis fall, Please Let Willis fall

villagewarrior
03-22-2007, 05:27 PM
After allegedly running a 4.37 there is not a chance in hell that Willis falls. If Nelson is there I might consider taking him, with Knight gone and possibly Wesley as well we will have some depth concerns. I'd rather go with Jarrett in the first though and get a guy like Meriweather or Rouse in the 2nd.

Hermstheman83
03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
After allegedly running a 4.37 there is not a chance in hell that Willis falls. If Nelson is there I might consider taking him, with Knight gone and possibly Wesley as well we will have some depth concerns. I'd rather go with Jarrett in the first though and get a guy like Meriweather or Rouse in the 2nd.

So we'd have three Safeties? I remember reading that Pollard might be an adjusted OLB, but that wouldn't make much sense either. I don't think Nelson will be on the board, Dalls needs a safety bad. But if he is, I'd think that'd be good ammo to trade down and get a better share of that bargain...ya dig?
Also, I'm wondering what you guys' think of this guy named, Kellen Driscoll out of Saint AMbrose University.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#iowast

He was my old college roommate, and I was just wondering, based on his stats, what you guys' thought his chances of being drafted are(sorry, it's not really a fair question)

villagewarrior
03-23-2007, 11:57 AM
Just based on his 4.9 40s and coming from an extremely small school I can't imagine a team taking him in the draft. If he was a productive player in school he will probably get a shot as an UDFA though.

Geo
03-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd be very surprised if he got past Dallas.

Also, the Chiefs seem pretty set with Bonecrusher and Page.

Hermstheman83
03-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Just based on his 4.9 40s and coming from an extremely small school I can't imagine a team taking him in the draft. If he was a productive player in school he will probably get a shot as an UDFA though.

Yea, He's the biggest guy on our campus(not too hard to do) and he seemed to always hurt his stupid hamstring.... he told me he ran with a torn hamstring. It was always funny watching him play, he was so much taller than all the other DB's...and alot faster...thanks for the input