PDA

View Full Version : Week 15 - Detroit (+6) at Tampa Bay

Scotty D
12-15-2010, 12:16 AM
Discuss the game and make a prediction.

Prowler
12-15-2010, 06:28 AM
unfortunately gerald mccoy tore his right biceps and is on IR so we won't be able to watch suh vs mccoy. thankfully that means its all suh all day. i'm not sure if our offense knows how to beat a cover 2, but hopefully they learn from their mistakes against the bears and we pull off the victory.

24-16

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Bucs are 27th against the run so hopefully we can have another good running day like last week with our RB by committe/Stanton doing what he does best running the football.

Bucs interior Oline is banged up too with Faine,Joseph both out. Suh and Corey should have good days.

Run the ball, stop the run and don't commit stupid penalties and we have a shot in this game. Hopefully Stanton plays like he did against the Bears and not like last week.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
12-15-2010, 03:24 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/12/if_shaun_hill_keeps_throwing_h.html

Good news Hill may play.

P-L
12-15-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't think the Bucs are a great team, but they have been finding ways to win. We should be able to keep this game close. Five of Tampa's wins have come by 3 points or 1 point. I'm thinking this is going to be another close game, and the team that plays better in the 4th quarter should win.

BcLion
12-15-2010, 10:59 PM
I honestly don't think itís good news Hill might play. I wasn't in favor of him playing with the broken arm and now add relearning to throw without his right index finger = disaster waiting to happen. I say Stanton should get the nod for the rest of the year. I think we have seen the best we get with Hill and Stanton needs to get some reps to see if he needs replaced next year.

I havenít seen the games heís played in yet but from what I have read it sounds like he had a decent game against the Bears and put together a drive when it counted against the Packers. I would like to sit Stafford out the rest of year to make sure he has time to heal. I say we start looking at what we got on our roster now starting with the QB position. If Stanton finishes out the year and doesnít improve he gets replaced during the offseason.

I would also like to see what we got in Fox and Gandy. Backus is having a great year and what better time to shop him then now (as in the offseason) for a draft pick? He needs replaced letís see if Fox is it or what we need to do in FA/draft. I would also like to see how the run game goes with Gandy at center. Raiola just doesnít have the push.

DrunkenLament
12-16-2010, 12:24 AM
I honestly don't think itís good news Hill might play. I wasn't in favor of him playing with the broken arm and now add relearning to throw without his right index finger = disaster waiting to happen. I say Stanton should get the nod for the rest of the year. I think we have seen the best we get with Hill and Stanton needs to get some reps to see if he needs replaced next year.

Stanton has looked horrendous in both games in my opinion. The Packers took away the short pass and Stanton couldn't do anything all game(not even gonna mention Drews TERRIBLE decision making). Our run game (which I'll admit Stanton helps) was the only thing that kept us in the Packer game and if its not for CJ's amazing YAC ability the Bears game wouldn't have been close.

Don't get me wrong, Stanton has performed well for being a third string quarterback and he does add another element to our running game but if Hill can throw the ball he absolutely gives us the best chance to win.

By the way, when was the last time a NFL team had three different quarterbacks win a game in the same year? (My guess would be the Eagles in the early 2000's)

BRAVEHEART
12-16-2010, 02:18 AM
I like this match-up, I really do.

BcLion
12-16-2010, 03:35 AM
Stanton has looked horrendous in both games in my opinion. The Packers took away the short pass and Stanton couldn't do anything all game(not even gonna mention Drews TERRIBLE decision making). Our run game (which I'll admit Stanton helps) was the only thing that kept us in the Packer game and if its not for CJ's amazing YAC ability the Bears game wouldn't have been close.

Don't get me wrong, Stanton has performed well for being a third string quarterback and he does add another element to our running game but if Hill can throw the ball he absolutely gives us the best chance to win.

By the way, when was the last time a NFL team had three different quarterbacks win a game in the same year? (My guess would be the Eagles in the early 2000's)

Well like I said I haven't watched the games yet. But to the topic of his future better to find out now if he's worth keeping around. I can't say I like our chances at all if Hill with a broken arm/finger gives us the best chance to win.

Scotty D
12-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I completely forgot about Jason Fox.

P-L
12-19-2010, 01:07 PM
I would complain about the two blatantly obvious holds on that LaGarrette Blount touchdown run. However, I doubt that either Julian Peterson or Chris Houston (the guys who were held) would've made the tackle anyways.

Prowler
12-19-2010, 03:09 PM
sweet victory. nice catch by calvin.

P-L
12-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Next week we play the Dolphins (1-5 at home) in Miami and then we finish with the Vikings (1-5 on the road) at home. It's not out of the realm of possibility that we finish the season 6-10 with four straight victories.

CJSchneider
12-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Thank you!!!!!

P-L
12-19-2010, 03:35 PM
This win is just so much more satisfying after listening to that Bucs fan troll in the gameday thread.

BRAVEHEART
12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
This win is just so much more satisfying after listening to that Bucs fan troll in the gameday thread.

it is, they're quite a cocky bunch. glad they got beat by a 3rd string QB in their house.

Scotty D
12-19-2010, 08:46 PM
http://imgur.com/VqMHc.gif

eeth
12-20-2010, 12:06 AM
This win is awesome and will hopefully propel us for next week seeing as how Miami just lost. Bobby Carpenter looked good today imo, making some solid tackles and had a pass defended

BRAVEHEART
12-20-2010, 02:23 AM
http://imgur.com/VqMHc.gif

Was wondering when somebody would make a gift out of that.

SRogers92
12-20-2010, 11:11 AM
I love me some Schwartz.

Me Likey Rookies
12-22-2010, 06:46 PM
"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers got an apology from the NFL and an admittance that a touchdown catch by Kellen Winslow should have counted and Winslow should not have been penalized for a push-off on a play. "

well that sucks

Scotty D
12-22-2010, 07:00 PM
"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers got an apology from the NFL and an admittance that a touchdown catch by Kellen Winslow should have counted and Winslow should not have been penalized for a push-off on a play. "

well that sucks

Don't care. Lions have been hammered with bad calls all year. Winslow initiated contact and then pushed off to make the catch.

detroit4life
12-22-2010, 08:27 PM
i agree IMO that was the right call anyway but considering we've had games take from us from officiating this is the last board to come onto and try to post that stuff

P-L
12-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Did you guys know that the Buccaneers have had injuries?