PDA

View Full Version : Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky

SeanTaylorRIP
12-15-2010, 09:13 AM
What are the chances he declares? I've heard rumblings here and there of him at least considering it. I know he isn't a great pure WR prospect but with how high guys like Pat White, Stanback, and Webb went as athletes I think Cobb is a solid 3rd rounder at least if he declares. Teams are always looking for new gagets and Cobb is the most dynamic player in college. Probably the closest player to Joshua Cribbs. I just think teams will fall in love with his versatility and athleticism that he will go above better WR prospects. Cobb also can save you a roster spot for a 3rd QB as he can be the emergency QB. Saving a roster spot is pretty valuable. He could definitely improve his stock by going back and being a Heisman contender but as a prospect pretty much what you see now is what he'll be.

Don Vito
12-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Cobb is a very unique prospect. He can do it all and I think he will find a lot of success in the NFL. Brad Smith is the guy that he compares to because he can catch the ball better than Cribbs and is still a big time threat as a runner and will be an excellent NFL returner. Cobb may be even more athletic than Smith, I would not be surprised to see him run in the 4.4's. I see no reason for Cobb to go back to Kentucky, I think he will declare and could be off the board in the second round.

CashmoneyDrew
12-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Needs to declare. He has nothing to come back for at kentucky.

goldenbear.cal
12-15-2010, 12:26 PM
He reminds me of another Randall (Antwan Randell-El). I think he will be the same type of player in the NFL. Cobb is a good sleeper WR in this draft

Day One Pick
12-15-2010, 12:41 PM
I have him as a late 5th to mid 6th round pick right now. He should and likely will return to school for another year. Could be a solid 3rd round prospect next year.

CashmoneyDrew
12-15-2010, 12:44 PM
I have him as a late 5th to mid 6th round pick right now. He should and likely will return to school for another year. Could be a solid 3rd round prospect next year.

I'm not sure he really likes Kentucky, plus he's losing Hartline and he's not gonna compete for the east on that team. I think he'll take a chance and go. I think he'll rise after workouts and will end up in the 4th.

TACKLE
12-15-2010, 01:26 PM
I've also heard rumblings that he'll declare as well. Cobb is just a flat-out playmaker and might be one of the most dynamic athlete's in this draft. He has carried that Kentucky offense for the past two seasons. He lines up everywhere for the Wildcats: outside, in the slot, QB, Wildcat, KR, PR. He can do it all. He's college football's Josh Cribbs though Cobb is a better, more explosive athlete with better hands. Cobb can thrive in the league strictly as a slot and kick returner, but the more ways you can get him the ball, the more he'll make plays. I'm really high on Cobb. I agree with those who see him as a 2nd to 3rd round pick. Teams are always looking to add more playmakers and Cobb is a guy who's going to make some team very happy.

BuckNaked
01-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Get ya popcorn ready

dansaint
01-08-2011, 06:15 PM
he was good in Naked Gun and Raising Arizona...

roscoesdad27
01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
Would like my ravens to snag him or jernigan with the last pick in the second round....I slightly prefer jernigan.

hedi01
01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
Whenthe closer DVD (http://www.dvdtopshop.com/en/tv-series-dvd-boxset/the-closer-seasons-1-5-dvd-boxset-.html) a standard product of the old TV series came out I thought it was stupid idea. For the most part, though, I feel that way. "Closer - Season"is the first TV series box set I've spent the money. The 24 hours DVD (http://www.dvdtopshop.com/en/thrillers-crime-mystery-/24-hours-twenty-four-seasons-1-8-dvd-boxset.html)show is fresh and full of new ways to massage tool. Every time I see the episode I still see a greater depth ofhouse md DVD (http://www.dvdtopshop.com/en/tv-series-dvd-boxset/house-m-d-seasons-1-6-dvd-boxset.html) character to higher levels of scripts and one surprise after another show I've seen 3 or 4 times already! The extraswalt disney DVD (http://www.dvdtopshop.com/en/animation-cartoons/walt-disneys-100-years-of-magic-164-discs-dvd-boxset.html) are not much to write and I hope that the producers of the future "Closer" cases rental real talent to work on them. I continue to provide displays and publications Season 5 stars because I'm sure there aresmallville dvd (http://www.dvdtopshop.com/en/sci-fi-fantasy-/smallville-seasons-1-9-dvd-boxset.html) some things the following forces have been greatly improved! While the extras are the same as 1, the show is brilliant in itself sufficient to justify the price of admission.

ThePudge
01-10-2011, 12:30 AM
I think people are seriously sleeping on this guy. I've only seen bits and pieces of Kentucky this season, but Randall Cobb is an absolutely dynamic player. His frame and his ability with the ball in his hands reminds me a bit of 09' 1st Round pick Jeremy Maclin. He lacks the polish of Maclin at the same point in their careers and he'll need more reps running routes & catching passes.

He's a sleeper that no one is really mentioning, but a guy I think could go as high as the Late 1st-Early 2nd were he to declare. As an all-purpose prospect I like him more than Troy's Jerrel Jernigan and I think his skill-set is unique in this draft class. Very exciting player with speed, vision, and excellent elusiveness in the open field. If Cobb were playing receiver full-time for 1 more year I think many more people would be mentioning him as a high pick on draft day. Without Ryan Broyles in this class, Cobb may be all alone as the best small (sub 6'0 200 lbs) receiver eligible for the 2010 Draft. Projects well in the slot and on the outside, can contribute early as a KR/PR, and will give some Offensive Coordinator a pretty vast amount of abilities to work with.

ElectricEye
01-10-2011, 01:44 AM
I think people are seriously sleeping on this guy. I've only seen bits and pieces of Kentucky this season, but Randall Cobb is an absolutely dynamic player. His frame and his ability with the ball in his hands reminds me a bit of 09' 1st Round pick Jeremy Maclin. He lacks the polish of Maclin at the same point in their careers and he'll need more reps running routes & catching passes.

He's a sleeper that no one is really mentioning, but a guy I think could go as high as the Late 1st-Early 2nd were he to declare. As an all-purpose prospect I like him more than Troy's Jerrel Jernigan and I think his skill-set is unique in this draft class. Very exciting player with speed, vision, and excellent elusiveness in the open field. If Cobb were playing receiver full-time for 1 more year I think many more people would be mentioning him as a high pick on draft day. Without Ryan Broyles in this class, Cobb may be all alone as the best small (sub 6'0 200 lbs) receiver eligible for the 2010 Draft. Projects well in the slot and on the outside, can contribute early as a KR/PR, and will give some Offensive Coordinator a pretty vast amount of abilities to work with.
I'm pretty tentative in saying this just because it feels like something slightly big to say right now...but with all of the other compliments coming in, have we seen a better 'slash' player than Cobb come out of the college ranks? I could realistically see him contributed to an NFL team as a slot receiver, returner, package quarterback, and even line up at runningback at times. Hell, he even holds on kicks.

His main contributions will obviously come as a receiver. He's not just a catch and run guy either, he's got some serious skills in that area. Pretty strong hands and his catch radius isn't all that bad for a guy his size. As mentioned, very elusive and shifty. Tough to tackle in the open field because he's usually quicker than the guy trying to tackle him. I'm not sure I would go as far you did with the late first early/second grade, but I see very little reason why a team couldn't justify take him in that area and at the very worst he is a mid to late second rounder.

I sort of didn't buy the hype at first, but after seeing against Pittsburgh and going back and watching some earlier games I am defiantly buying what people are selling on this guy. Size is an obvious concern for him at 5'10 186, but you give him a quick release off the line in the slot and that's really not that big of a deal. I also don't see the type of guy that's going to run a blazing 40 time. Wouldn't surprise me if he was more of a high 4.4/ low 4.5 type of guy. I would defiantly slide put him more in the quick column than the fast one, although he doesn't look slow on tape. As you mentioned, he's got very good vision as a ball carrier and is really good at making sudden cuts. He hasn't asked to do much as a route runner and that combined with his lack of size sort of sours me on his potential as an outside receiver. Can't see him winning 50/50 balls with much consistency. That limits him a bit, but I still completely buy he can contribute in big ways to an NFL team. Right away too. Supposedly a high character guy and a team leader as well and that is always a plus.

JustDezIT
01-13-2011, 12:11 AM
This guys AMAZING. Much better then that Matt Szcur dude. One of the most versatile players to come out in the draft ever. I hope Dallas picks him up for the slot.

JustDezIT
01-13-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/14543941/kentucky-allpurpose-star-cobb-opts-for-nfl-draft

TACKLE
01-13-2011, 03:08 PM
It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him to go a team like New England or Atlanta at the end of the first round.

jsa230
01-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Randall Cobb is teh sex . hope the packers draft him as a #5wr/st ace . will run slower than expected (prob. 4.5ish) and end up in late round 2 or round 3, but Cobb certainly is talented and could make some team VERY happy in the 3rd.

JustDezIT
01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Randall Cobb is teh sex . hope the packers draft him as a #5wr/st ace . will run slower than expected (prob. 4.5ish) and end up in late round 2 or round 3, but Cobb certainly is talented and could make some team VERY happy in the 3rd.

He'll be much more then a 5WR. Thats for sure...

ThePudge
01-13-2011, 04:27 PM
It honestly wouldn't surprise me to see him to go a team like New England or Atlanta at the end of the first round.

Nor would it surprise me. Cobb squeezes into my Top 32. I think in a weak class he's a Late 1st-Early 2nd Round value. Somewhere between Jeremy Maclin/Antwan Randle El/Emmanuel Sanders as an NFL prospect. Could be a heck of a pro in a variety of roles, namely Wide Receiver.

brasho
01-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Randle-El is a nice comparison, though Cobb is likely faster and perhaps even more versatile (being able to play some RB) with exception that he wasn't nearly the QB Randle-El was.

J-Mike88
04-12-2011, 09:00 AM
Nor would it surprise me. Cobb squeezes into my Top 32. I think in a weak class he's a Late 1st-Early 2nd Round value. Somewhere between Jeremy Maclin/Antwan Randle El/Emmanuel Sanders as an NFL prospect. Could be a heck of a pro in a variety of roles, namely Wide Receiver.
Good early call Pudge.
In fact: The Sporting News' Russ Lande recently suggested that Cobb has been "flying" up draft boards, so he's definitely worth the No. 32 pick in the 2011 NFL Draft for the Green Bay Packers.

He'd have time to be groomed as WR there, plus he'd immediately boost the Packers stale return units. Imagine that offense being aided with a few big kick/punt returns during the year. Almost unfair.

J-Mike88
04-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Cobb didn't take your advice.

gpngc
04-25-2011, 03:34 PM
He's a poor man's Percy Harvin and should be in play starting at #18 with San Diego.

I predict he'll be a first-round surprise at #27 to Atlanta.

If he does fall to the second round, he'll be a perfect slot WR from day one.

JFINK11
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Randle-El is a nice comparison, though Cobb is likely faster and perhaps even more versatile (being able to play some RB) with exception that he wasn't nearly the QB Randle-El was.

Same 40 time at Indy with a 4.49

BUSTKUNTLAWL
04-26-2011, 12:08 AM
He's a poor man's Percy Harvin and should be in play starting at #18 with San Diego.

I think that is exactly where he goes.

ellsy82
04-26-2011, 12:31 AM

I don't think he's a poor man's anything. And if he gets drafted in the 1st or 2nd, that would be pretty damn expensive. Though, justified in Cobb's talent and diversity.

He reminds me of DeSean Jackson. Mayne not as athletic, but just as explosive.

ellsy82
04-26-2011, 12:35 AM
BTW...Cobb went to Detroit at 2.44 in SteelerCityInsiders' most recent mock draft. The owner of that Detroit team was thrilled to get him.

Wrathman
04-26-2011, 03:08 AM
I sent Cobb to Indy in the second round of my mock.

villagewarrior
04-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Dang, and here I was hoping he'd be available to the Chiefs in the 3rd.

georgiafan
04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I think he goes in the 2nd round and hopefully by the falcons

J-Mike88
07-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I think he goes in the 2nd round and hopefully by the falcons
Close....just a few picks after.
I love this kid, cannot wait to see him in green & gold !!!

georgiafan
07-26-2011, 07:50 AM
Close....just a few picks after.
I love this kid, cannot wait to see him in green & gold !!!

He was a great pick and should get some solid production this year as a rookie,.