PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Washington's Renard Williams

P-L
12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Renard Williams
Eastern Washington University
6'2" 300
Defensive Tackle

http://media.kitsapsun.com/media/img/photos/2010/12/08/20101208-174933-pic-735476975_t607.jpg

Can anyone tell me more about this guy? Only a redshirt-junior, he's one of the top small school prospects in the country, regardless of class. I've read that he's seriously considering coming out early because of sick of facing double and triple-teams every game. Last season he racked up 9.5 sacks, including three multiple sack games. This year, he's had 5.5 sacks despite receiving much more attention than last year. If he comes out this year where does go? If he waits until the 2012 draft, what is his ceiling in terms of draft stock?

TACKLE
12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen him play. I'm definitely going to keep a close eye on him during the EWU-Nova game this weekend.

jsang74
12-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Watched him play against North Dakota State (my college team). NDSU always has a really good o-line (big ole' farm boys), but that guy was in the backfield all game long. He seemed to run himself out on quite a few plays but he was very disruptive and seemed to have a great jump off the ball.

And by the way, EWU's red turf is absolutely hideous.

SickwithIt1010
12-16-2010, 02:09 AM
Watched him play against North Dakota State (my college team). NDSU always has a really good o-line (big ole' farm boys), but that guy was in the backfield all game long. He seemed to run himself out on quite a few plays but he was very disruptive and seemed to have a great jump off the ball.

And by the way, EWU's red turf is absolutely hideous.

NCAA might be paying for them to change it. Refs are saying its too hard to see the ball on it.

But the guy is a beast for sure, gotten to go over and watch them play a couple times.