PDA

View Full Version : Jared Crick DT Nebraska

thegreatone
12-15-2010, 03:48 PM
I watched this guy last year, and he looked very good. But he was playing along Suh.

I haven't watched him this year. How has he been? Is the 3-4 DE his best position?

Who does he compare to in the NFL?

dannyz
12-15-2010, 03:52 PM
Crick had a good but not great year. You can tell playing along Suh helped him because Suh got all the Double teams and still made the Tackle but now Crick is getting Double teamed and his production is not as high. I really liked a play in the Big 12 Title Game where he got held and he still got by and made a Sack.

Day One Pick
12-15-2010, 04:28 PM
Chances are a 3-4 team snatches him in the 1st as a DE if he comes out. I have him 23rd overall.

Babylon
12-15-2010, 05:30 PM
10 sacks this year as opposed to 9 last year. The differance to me that has stood out is last year plays were flushed to his side of the field and this year they seem to go the other direction.

As a prospect i think he'd be a steal at the top of the second round, (there go those Patriots again). Sort of an Aaron Smith type but maybe more potential.

RaiderNation
12-15-2010, 05:32 PM
I have him as a early 2nd, possibly late 1st right now. I think a 3-4 team is his best fit

ElectricEye
12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
He gets pushed back at times. I think he needs to add some weight and get a bit stronger in order to be drafted in the first or second. He's still an outstanding prospect though. Long arms, good initial burst, uses his hands well, stout against the run. He's near the top of my board as far as 3-4 DE's go.

thegreatone
12-15-2010, 06:02 PM
I would love to see the Ravens draft him. He would have a d-lineman to play with just as good as Suh.

Plus it shouldn't be too hard to be succesful when you have Ngata and Suggs occupying all the double teams.

Babylon
12-15-2010, 06:04 PM
He gets pushed back at times. I think he needs to add some weight and get a bit stronger in order to be drafted in the first or second. He's still an outstanding prospect though. Long arms, good initial burst, uses his hands well, stout against the run. He's near the top of my board as far as 3-4 DE's go.

You guys want it all.:-D

Matthew Jones
12-15-2010, 09:20 PM
One of the more impressive five-techniques. He looks like a nice two-gap player.

ElectricEye
12-15-2010, 09:45 PM
One nice thing about him is he's a high character guy too. Sort of surprised at how under the radar he is now. Matched his production last year already despite having blocking schemes dictated to stop him this year and still has the bowl game to go.

cajuncorey
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
jared crick is for real.. in my mind hes better than fairley. it would be sick if the lions took him but thats just wishful thinking...

thegreatone
12-15-2010, 10:04 PM
jared crick is for real.. in my mind hes better than fairley. it would be sick if the lions took him but thats just wishful thinking...
The Lions already have a pretty good d-line. I think they should focus on improving there LB's before they pick a d-lineman again.