PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 ILB's

Captain Canuck
12-17-2010, 09:25 PM
The Bills need help at LB desperately, and I was wondering who the best 3-4 inside linebackers would be in the draft and what round they are likely to go in. I really like Greg Jones, but reading the thread on him, he doesn't seem to be a good fit in the 3-4. Other guys I'm particularly interested in are Mason Foster and Casey Matthews, and Nate Irving (although I'd imagine he would be too small).

phlysac
12-17-2010, 09:38 PM
It's a really difficult position to project. So many different types of players fitting so many different types of schemes. Plus, you have traditional 3-4 Mike's and Ted's as well as hybrids utilized in pass rush.

2 of my favorites are vastly different players...

Martez Wilson - Illinois
Mario Harvey - Marshall

Grizzlegom
12-18-2010, 06:50 AM
If Martez Wilson, Courtney Upshaw, or Don'ta Hightower come out, all would be great 3-4 fits that should be available in the 2nd-3rd. Chris White and Mike Mohamed are good fits middle round guys and Mario Harvey is a guy I like in the late rounds. I think there is a good number of other guys that could play it as well but I'm not sure if its their best fit (Herzlich, Foster, Wright, Sheppard, McCarthy, and Matthews would be early-to-mid round guys that fit that description).

I also still think Akeem Ayers' best fit in a 3-4 would be inside and not out but that he should actually go to a 4-3 team and play on the strongside as a blitzbacker a la LaVar Arrington/Clint Sintim

A Perfect Score
12-18-2010, 07:19 AM
I actually think Hightower would make a better OLB then ILB, but he's capable of playing all 4 positions in a 3-4 scheme. I agree about Ayers, he's definitely a better fit inside but he isn't really a volatile or collision athlete like alot of 3-4 ILB's. I like him better in a 4-3 as well. Martez Wilson is a guy who could be a really nice find outside the first round, he's strong at the POA and a solid tackler. Another guy to keep an eye on is Alex Wujciak from Maryland. Not the most athletic guy around, but a tough, hard nosed football player who is scheme diverse and could find his way onto a 3-4 club.

Day One Pick
12-18-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm a big Josh Bynes fan. He has been slowed because of a knee injury and is currently wearing a bulky knee brace. But at 100% he's a tackle machine.

Matthew Jones
12-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Wilson and Hightower are definitely two of the top guys. Mark Herzlich would be a good pick too pending medical.

SenorGato
12-19-2010, 01:23 AM
Ayers and Hightower then everyone else, though the gap between a really good ILB and a good ILB is not large. I'd like Ayers to replace David Harris who we might/could/probably should lose in FA.

12-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Scott Lutrus-UConn. A tough, lunchpail guy that could have a bright future.

Or fantacize about drafting Luke Keuchly. Purrrrr....

Duffman57
12-19-2010, 03:35 AM
Scott Lutrus-UConn. A tough, lunchpail guy that could have a bright future.

Or fantacize about drafting Luke Keuchly. Purrrrr....

If i was gonna fantacize about a guy, his name would be Vontaze. Keuchly doesn't fit in a 3-4 at all.

bigfreak314
12-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Hightower would be a good fit for the Ted spot for the 9ers, Size/Speed wise. I don't know how he is at taking on blocks because seems like whenever I seen him playing at Bama he had his hand in the dirt rushing off the edge.

phlysac
12-19-2010, 08:25 AM
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4806/masonfoster.jpg

Should transition nicely to 3-4 Mike

thegreatone
12-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Mario Harvey is a major sleeper.

I can see him develop in to a star eventually.

Babylon
12-19-2010, 05:43 PM
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4806/masonfoster.jpg

Should transition nicely to 3-4 Mike

Mase and Mark Herzlich would be my steals in the second round at ILB.

Duffman57
12-19-2010, 05:59 PM
Mario Harvey is a major sleeper.

I can see him develop in to a star eventually.

Agreed.

I'm curious, it would be interesting if Chargers got Butler and Foster in consecutive years. haha