PDA

View Full Version : DeAndre Brown WR, Southern Miss

Duffman57
12-18-2010, 03:46 AM
I'm just curious about this guy. I know he was really hyped up last year, but he didn't have a good year and was hurt alot this year. Do you guys think he ends up declaring, and where do you think he goes in the draft? Also what do you think about the guy?

goldenbear.cal
12-18-2010, 04:23 AM
I've heard that he has "maturity" issues, and has butted heads with the coaching staff. With his knee problems and injury prone, he looks like Danario Alexander to me. I think he is the type of player who is selfish and dumb enough to declare this year, despite not being ready.

Duffman57
12-18-2010, 04:33 AM
I've heard that he has "maturity" issues, and has butted heads with the coaching staff. With his knee problems and injury prone, he looks like Danario Alexander to me. I think he is the type of player who is selfish and dumb enough to declare this year, despite not being ready.

How did u get that? He broke his ankle in a bowl game a season or two ago and then hurt his foot a few times this season. Thats nothing like Alexander, who was insanely skinny and had TONS of knee problems.

And i dont think he really had any problems with the coaching staff. They called him out for not going 100% all the time, and from what i heard of it, after that it was done with and the problem was fixed. He did have a situation where he was arrested as a freshman i think because he didn't leave a party after officers asked him to, but i dont think thats too serious....

goldenbear.cal
12-18-2010, 10:16 AM
How did u get that? He broke his ankle in a bowl game a season or two ago and then hurt his foot a few times this season. Thats nothing like Alexander, who was insanely skinny and had TONS of knee problems.

And i dont think he really had any problems with the coaching staff. They called him out for not going 100% all the time, and from what i heard of it, after that it was done with and the problem was fixed. He did have a situation where he was arrested as a freshman i think because he didn't leave a party after officers asked him to, but i dont think thats too serious....

Sooo.... Why make this pointless thread? Seems like you know more about him than everyone else here.

By the way, he didn't shatter his knee, it was his leg (which is on YouTube and extremely gruesome).

Mr. Offseason
12-18-2010, 11:39 AM
I thought Brown might have potential but despite his size he seems like a finesse player which I don't really like. Plus he refused to show up against South Carolina and despite having passes thrown his way he pouted and if I remember correctly the coaches got tired of his act and either pulled him for the rest of the game or for at least a chunk of it. I haven't paid him much attention since.

ElectricEye
12-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Brown looks like he could be another best that never was type. He's as talented physically as any wide receiver draft eligible, but that injury was catastrophic for him.

Duffman57
12-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Sooo.... Why make this pointless thread? Seems like you know more about him than everyone else here.

By the way, he didn't shatter his knee, it was his leg (which is on YouTube and extremely gruesome).

So i know more about him than anyone else, by simply googling his name? I'm pretty sure that thats not true.

regoob2
12-18-2010, 12:09 PM
If he comes out I'd be shocked if he was drafted.

Don Vito
12-18-2010, 03:57 PM
Incredibly talented but has injury problems, maturity issues, laziness, and intelligence issues.

goldenbear.cal
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Incredibly talented but has injury problems, maturity issues, laziness, and intelligence issues.

Exactly what I said, but the thread starter think otherwise. Brown is not mature enough for college and sure as hell ain't mature enough for the NFL.

ElectricEye
12-18-2010, 04:00 PM

One has to wonder why he turned down all those huge offers to go to Southern Miss.

Don Vito
12-18-2010, 04:05 PM
The general consensus is that USM was really the only D-1 school that would accept him and have him on the field as a freshman with his academic issues. That is saying a lot considering some of the guys schools like Ole Miss, Bama, and LSU have let in which were the three main schools in his recruitment I believe. Southern Miss is also very close to his hometown, but that probably didn't play too big of a factor because he had the talent and offers to play anywhere it is just he probably would have been placed in JUCO or something by the big schools.

Duffman57
12-21-2010, 07:39 PM
The general consensus is that USM was really the only D-1 school that would accept him and have him on the field as a freshman with his academic issues. That is saying a lot considering some of the guys schools like Ole Miss, Bama, and LSU have let in which were the three main schools in his recruitment I believe. Southern Miss is also very close to his hometown, but that probably didn't play too big of a factor because he had the talent and offers to play anywhere it is just he probably would have been placed in JUCO or something by the big schools.

I did not know that about him. I didn't know there were that many character concerns with him. That really dissapoints me. I've barely seen him on the field today on the field, i wonder if thats due to injury?

Rabscuttle
12-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I watched him play one game this year expecting to see a man among boys. Was I ever disappointed. A complete lack of heart and effort is all I saw from him. Nobody on the field should have been able to defend him and he made something like one play all game, he just mailed it in.

Froman
12-21-2010, 10:29 PM
He didn't do dick tonight against Louisville.

Abaddon
12-22-2010, 01:47 AM
I thought Coach Fedora pulled a tremendous coupe louring him to USM when LSU also had him in their crosshairs. Looks like the jokes on the Eagles, though.

If he gets drafted, this year or next, I'll be in awe.

Froman
12-22-2010, 01:54 AM
The alarming thing about it is the USM QB looks like a pretty good prospect, and Johnny Patrick, Louisville's only good CB, wasn't covering Brown. At least not that I saw. So he was shut down by corners that probably won't sniff the NFL, and he has a competent QB.

Duffman57
12-22-2010, 03:03 AM
For those who actually watched the game, you would know that he really didn't play much, i dont know if it was from the coaches not liking him, or him being hurt (IMO more likely), but when he was in, he made a few solid plays, but nothing all that great. He really only played every now and then until whoever #85 was got hurt. So he really didnt get shut down. He made a good catch where he found a big hole in the zone then went up and plucked it with his hands lined up against patrick, but really only a few other short catches other than that. IMO its obvious to see he's a man among boys when he's healthy. This year he clearly hasn't been a healthy guy. He's been in and out with that same leg Injury IIRC, he may have had a shoulder injury too. I'm getting really down on him, but you cant blame him all that much for how bad this seasons gone for him. And he will be drafted on physical talent alone. He's one of the most physically impressive WR's in the draft.

Froman
12-22-2010, 03:12 AM
For those who actually watched the game, you would know that he really didn't play much, i dont know if it was from the coaches not liking him, or him being hurt (IMO more likely), but when he was in, he made a few solid plays, but nothing all that great. He really only played every now and then until whoever #85 was got hurt. So he really didnt get shut down. He made a good catch where he found a big hole in the zone then went up and plucked it with his hands lined up against patrick, but really only a few other short catches other than that. IMO its obvious to see he's a man among boys when he's healthy. This year he clearly hasn't been a healthy guy. He's been in and out with that same leg Injury IIRC, he may have had a shoulder injury too. I'm getting really down on him, but you cant blame him all that much for how bad this seasons gone for him. And he will be drafted on physical talent alone. He's one of the most physically impressive WR's in the draft.

What kills me is you're the guy that made the thread, asking peoples opinions on him. Thwn when you get some, you get on and start attacking people and sounding like a bitter Southern Miss alum. If a guys not out on the field, I don't notice him, and I don't care. He made a couple catches..whoop-tee-do. Supposedly the guy was a huge prospect and he didn't stand out to me when he was playing. And when he wasn't, I wasn't even curious why, nor were the commentators. In fact, ESPN didn't even list him among their "Impact Players" for Southern Miss at the start of the game. If your a Brown fan and wanna rave or make excuses, word it different...don't word it like you actually want some input.

Duffman57
12-22-2010, 03:20 AM
What kills me is you're the guy that made the thread, asking peoples opinions on him. Thwn when you get some, you get on and start attacking people and sounding like a bitter Southern Miss alum. If a guys not out on the field, I don't notice him, and I don't care. He made a couple catches..whoop-tee-do. Supposedly the guy was a huge prospect and he didn't stand out to me when he was playing. And when he wasn't, I wasn't even curious why, nor were the commentators. In fact, ESPN didn't even list him among their "Impact Players" for Southern Miss at the start of the game. If your a Brown fan and wanna rave or make excuses, word it different...don't word it like you actually want some input.

It just annoys me that people are bashing this guy for an injury riddled season. I wanted to know what people thought. Im not disputing things that are peoples opinion at all, i'm putting facts strait. There's a difference on bashing peoples opinion and correcting them when they say something wrong or make it sound like something that isn't true. And he hasn't been an impact player this year, because he's been hurt the entire year.

So your saying that if a player plays hurt, and doesn't make an impact, you dont care why, their not good. Thats basically what your saying right.

And i was misinformed about the character concerns and didn't know about them, which is one of the reasons i made this thread, is so i could learn about the guy.

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
12-22-2010, 11:14 AM
What kills me is you think that was "attacking people." He was just defending a prospect he likes maybe too much. We've all done that.

5th to 7th, I think he gets drafted.

goldenbear.cal
12-22-2010, 12:46 PM
It just annoys me that people are bashing this guy for an injury riddled season. I wanted to know what people thought. Im not disputing things that are peoples opinion at all, i'm putting facts strait. There's a difference on bashing peoples opinion and correcting them when they say something wrong or make it sound like something that isn't true. And he hasn't been an impact player this year, because he's been hurt the entire year.

So your saying that if a player plays hurt, and doesn't make an impact, you dont care why, their not good. Thats basically what your saying right.

And i was misinformed about the character concerns and didn't know about them, which is one of the reasons i made this thread, is so i could learn about the guy.

It seems to me that you just made this thread just to defend this guy. You have as much info on him as everyone else here, yet you still ask the questions and when you get a negative answer on Brown, you become defensive. Is he your favorite prospect or something?

Well as for Brown, I really wouldn't touch him until after 6th round. There are plenty of Big WR in this year's draft with less baggage than he does. With his attitude and maturity issues, I really doubt he last in the NFL for more than 3 seasons.

Duffman57
12-22-2010, 02:21 PM
It seems to me that you just made this thread just to defend this guy. You have as much info on him as everyone else here, yet you still ask the questions and when you get a negative answer on Brown, you become defensive. Is he your favorite prospect or something?

Well as for Brown, I really wouldn't touch him until after 6th round. There are plenty of Big WR in this year's draft with less baggage than he does. With his attitude and maturity issues, I really doubt he last in the NFL for more than 3 seasons.

I actually learned alot through this thread, i wasn't aware of how big the character issues he had surrounding him.

And if you look at my argument, outside of the first one where i wasn't aware about his character issues, its been only about the guy being injured and that leading to him not producing this year. Thats the only thing i've argued...lol

BUSTKUNTLAWL
12-22-2010, 05:31 PM
What kills me is you think that was "attacking people." He was just defending a prospect he likes maybe too much. We've all done that.

5th to 7th, I think he gets drafted.

I hope the Bears take a shot.

TACKLE
12-22-2010, 05:48 PM
I can't remember seeing a WR at his size who is as naturally athletic, as quick and as fluid as he is. The way he moves looks like someone who is 5 inches shorter and 40lbs lighter but he still possess the physicality a guy his size should have. He's a guy I'd definitely take a chance on. Because of where he'll get selected, he is low risk pick with a potential to be a very high reward. When he's on the field, he has shown special talent. There are a lot of questions surrounding him as far as injuries, effort and consistency, but I'm convinced he's as talented as any WR in this class.

SchizophrenicBatman
12-22-2010, 05:54 PM
A really big WR who has "issues" producing in college that has good athleticism and moves well?

Sounds like the type of guy who goes in the 6th round every year and ends up having a big rookie season. I'd say he'd be a Chargers target if they didn't already go 20 deep at the position

JHL6719
12-23-2010, 12:34 AM
If he thinks he can go to the combine and test well, he'll make up for all the attention he hasn't been getting.

Otherwise, he just needs to come back for his senior season, hope he can stay healthy and produce.

aheineken
12-23-2010, 01:43 AM
I'm a USM alumni, so I'll put in a few things that I've heard about him from friends and message boards. He didn't go to USM because it was the only school where he would be eligible. He would've been eligible at LSU or Ole Miss, too. That's just a rumor that got started. He was phenomenal his freshman year. The injury in the bowl game that year really set him back going into his sophomore season. He couldn't get back to 100% that year. That's when the "maturity issues" started. He started to get a little lazy and distraught, because he didn't think he would ever be able to play football at a high level again. He kind of gave up. After his sophomore season his mindset changed. He took that offseason to rededicate himself to football. Unfortunately, he ended up having another injury riddled season. The announcers mentioned during the bowl game that he'd been playing at 80% for most of the year (when he was playing). I agree with you guys that he should go 6th-undrafted if he enters the draft this year. He needs to come back and prove that he can be the playmaker he was his freshman year.