Cam Newton
Blaine Gabbert
Jake Locker
Ryan Mallett

Vince Young
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Orton
Kevin Kolb

(Andy Reid will probably put a ridiculous price on Kolb - and no one will bite).

Definitely
SF
MIN
SEA
ARZ
WAS
TEN
MIA
CAR

Probably or at least Possibly (Those calling the shots may stay with incumbents)
BUF
CIN
OAK
JAC

There are going to be a lot of unhappy teams...

Pat Sims 90
12-19-2010, 02:56 AM
CIN should be in the definitely list because they have no future there outside of Palmer. Plus Palmer is just really bad

bigfreak314
12-19-2010, 03:45 AM
I keep hearing that Luck will stay in school if Harbaraugh stays at Stanford.

I think San Fransisco is finally going to give up on Alex Smith and draft a young QB.
Cincinnati could be in the QB hunt in the draft but Palmer wasn't always protected.
Carolina will be in the hunt for a QB IF they have the 1st overall and Luck comes out of school even though they have Jimmy Clausen.
Minnesota will definitely need a QB after Brett retires but since they won't get a shot at the big 3 so they will probably draft someone like Christian Ponder in the 2nd.

Washington will get rid of McNabb b/c Mike Shanahan believes he isn't accurate enough with the football to run his system.
Arizona could be a leading candidate for McNabb.

Denver Broncos could be a dark horse candidate because they are getting a new head coach who might not think Tebow could fit his system.

RealityCheck
12-19-2010, 08:00 AM
Carolina needs a QB way more than SF.

Brent
12-19-2010, 08:22 AM
Carolina needs a QB way more than SF.
LOL WUT?

I'd rather play Jimmy Clausen than Alex Smith or Troy Smith at this point.

Grizzlegom
12-19-2010, 09:12 AM
I don't expect Miami to go out and try to acquire some big named guy. I'd expect them to sign some veteran like Bulger or Kerry Collins to backup Henne (side note Collins and Henne went to the same high school haha) and then draft a mid-round guy like Stanzi or Devlin as they fit the Parcells criteria for QBs.

Matthew Jones
12-19-2010, 09:40 AM
My prediction:

Arizona Cardinals - Donovan McNabb
Atlanta Falcons - Matt Ryan
Baltimore Ravens - Joe Flacco
Buffalo Bills - Ryan Fitzpatrick/Christian Ponder
Carolina Panthers - Andrew Luck
Chicago Bears - Jay Cutler
Cincinnati Bengals - Carson Palmer
Cleveland Browns - Colt McCoy
Dallas Cowboys - Tony Romo
Denver Broncos - Kyle Orton/Tim Tebow
Detroit Lions - Matthew Stafford
Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers
Houston Texans - Matt Schaub
Indianapolis Colts - Peyton Manning
Jacksonville Jaguars - David Garrard
Kansas City Chiefs - Matt Cassel
Miami Dolphins - Chad Henne
Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Mallett
New England Patriots - Tom Brady
New Orleans Saints - Drew Brees
New York Giants - Eli Manning
New York Jets - Mark Sanchez
Oakland Raiders - Jason Campbell
Philadelphia Eagles - Michael Vick
Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger
San Diego Chargers - Philip Rivers
San Francisco 49ers - Cameron Newton
Seattle Seahawks - Jake Locker
St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Josh Freeman
Tennessee Titans - Vince Young
Washington Redskins - ???

shylo3716
12-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Available
Luck
Newton
Locker
Mallett
McNabb
Kolb?
Orton?

7 at most (and Andy Reid will probably put a ridiculous price on Kolb - and no one will bite).Definitely
SF
MIN
SEA
ARZ
WAS

Probably or at least Possibly
BUF
CIN
MIA
OAK
TEN
JAC
CAR

As Head GM it is official that Kolb will be out the door with the acquisition of Christian Ponder

Babylon
12-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Available
Luck
Newton
Locker
Mallett
McNabb
Kolb?
Orton?

7 at most (and Andy Reid will probably put a ridiculous price on Kolb - and no one will bite).

Definitely
SF
MIN
SEA
ARZ
WAS

Probably or at least Possibly
BUF
CIN
MIA
OAK
TEN
JAC
CAR

I could see a Carson Palmer or an Alex Smith being available also. In this era of QBs going down i would think almost everyone needs one or one more, just depends what you want to spend for one.

JaxJag_1
12-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Jaguars are a DEFINITELY

LizardState
12-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I think Young is done in Tennessee, tossing his pads in the stands was the last straw. They might have a new coach there too according to the PFW Rumors column, so who knows what direction the Titans will go.

If any team stands pat to make do with who they have it might be the 9ers despite the walking disaster that Alex Smith has become. The focus of their owners is all on the new stadium that still isn't a 100% done deal in the worst economy since the 1930s, & they're rumored to go after a pure center in Wisniewski from Penn St., who looks to be a hot early draft OL property, in the 1st b/c Heitmann is done & Baas is needed to replace Chilo Rachal at OG -- Rachal is a project who has failed by any standards, & his benefactor, Singletary, won't be around to protect his job anymore.

Morton
12-21-2010, 06:45 PM
1.) Arizona is NOT a destination for McNabb. Ken Whisenhunt has publically stated his dislike for McNabb. There is just no way Arizona is going the McNabb route.

2.) I think Mike Shanahan will be willing to go the veteran QB route once again, and that could mean trying to win with Rex Grossman and not drafting a QB high. Very possible.

keylime_5
12-21-2010, 06:50 PM
I think Miami is as big of a "definitely" as you can get considering the turd of season their offense is having, plus they benched Henne for Pennington at one point just before Pennington's annual season ending injury after one series. Also I think Buffalo definitely "needs" as franchise QB, but Fitzpatrick can produce and is a nice player even if he isn't the long term answer so the need at QB isn't an urgent one.

I think Jacksonville is in the same boat as Buffalo, except maybe a little more urgent to find a longterm answer at QB since Garrard is older, but they'll run with him for now until one falls into their lap. Same with Oakland, you know Al Davis isn't gonna draft another first round QB while he's running the team. I don't think Washington is gonna draft a QB after what they invested in McNabb. They'll probably continue rebuilding their OLine and WR corps and then hope McNabb delivers before starting over at QB.

LizardState
12-22-2010, 01:53 PM
I think Miami is as big of a "definitely" as you can get considering the turd of season their offense is having, plus they benched Henne for Pennington at one point just before Pennington's annual season ending injury after one series. Also I think Buffalo definitely "needs" as franchise QB, but Fitzpatrick can produce and is a nice player even if he isn't the long term answer so the need at QB isn't an urgent one.

I think Jacksonville is in the same boat as Buffalo, except maybe a little more urgent to find a longterm answer at QB since Garrard is older, but they'll run with him for now until one falls into their lap. Same with Oakland, you know Al Davis isn't gonna draft another first round QB while he's running the team. I don't think Washington is gonna draft a QB after what they invested in McNabb. They'll probably continue rebuilding their OLine and WR corps and then hope McNabb delivers before starting over at QB.

Disagree about J-ville & McNabb as a Redskin.

I think they will try to get as much mileage out of Garrard as possible, & they need other players who can help their underperforming defense to fal into their laps, like run stoppers, rather than a new QB.

And the handwriting was clearly on the wall wth McNabb as a Skin so he was all pouty at "being dissed" by Shanahan, who will want one of a Shanahan signsture His Guy for their franchise QB. The SKins as a habit perfer vets over rookies at any spot, but in a new CBA & reduced revenues yr. like this one teams will try to make do with what they have unless they're looking to draft one of the major marquee names next April there won't be another McNabb available to sign on a 1-yr. like they did him. But they won't renew McNabb, if they have to they will put Rex Grossman back out there, he led a semi-comeback when they were down by several scores in Dallas last weekend in a lackluster game with neither team in playoff contention, so maybe he will be adequate. His track rcd. from Chicago though says otherwise, but he would be preferable to trading away even more of their future as they habitually do to move up for Locker, Mallett, Newton or maybe Luck, those 4 could be beyond their reach.

DBNYDP
12-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Denver Broncos could be a dark horse candidate because they are getting a new head coach who might not think Tebow could fit his system.

I like Tebow but if Luck comes out it will be hard to pass on him. I will say that i highly doubt that Pat Bowlen/Joe Ellis (Or Elway..) hire a GM/Coach who is not pro-Tebow.
I head a rumor that Dungy might be interested in GMing and with his ringing endorsement of Tebow last year...Maybe?
The point being that I doubt the Broncos draft a 1st round QB (THE DEFENSE IS SOOO BAD), and if they do it is going to be Luck, because everyone after that isn't worth it.
Locker looks like a Plummer sort of guy. Mallet reminds me of a less mobile Cutler. Cam Newton? I really have no clue, but Tebow and him are pretty similar players...

Shannahan would love Locker. He is a pretty mobile guy, that Shanny can use like Plummer, plus we know Shanny loves the bootleg..

Babylon
12-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I like Tebow but if Luck comes out it will be hard to pass on him. I will say that i highly doubt that Pat Bowlen/Joe Ellis (Or Elway..) hire a GM/Coach who is not pro-Tebow.
I head a rumor that Dungy might be interested in GMing and with his ringing endorsement of Tebow last year...Maybe?
The point being that I doubt the Broncos draft a 1st round QB (THE DEFENSE IS SOOO BAD), and if they do it is going to be Luck, because everyone after that isn't worth it.
Locker looks like a Plummer sort of guy. Mallet reminds me of a less mobile Cutler. Cam Newton? I really have no clue, but Tebow and him are pretty similar players...

Shannahan would love Locker. He is a pretty mobile guy, that Shanny can use like Plummer, plus we know Shanny loves the bootleg..

You might be right about Shanny liking Locker but he is nothing like Plummer. Jake is bigger, faster, stronger, with a much better arm.

DBNYDP
12-22-2010, 02:45 PM
You might be right about Shanny liking Locker but he is nothing like Plummer. Jake is bigger, faster, stronger, with a much better arm.
Both rely on bootlegs, both are not the best passers (Locker has never impressed me with his passing), and both do not make the best decisions.
Yes, is Locker bigger? Sure. Is he faster? Sure. Does he have a stronger arm? Sure.
But the differences in those categories are not that great, I don't really think a better version of Plummer is a first round player.

brasho
12-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Watch Blaine Gabbert of Mizzou for his bowl game... I think if he really explodes, and I think he's pretty special, he may go pro.

Also, another name to add to the list: Terrell Pryor

I'm not a big fan, but for some reason I don't see him being any less a risky prospect than Jake Locker or Cam Newton.

brasho
12-24-2010, 06:41 AM

Yes, Jake is. But Jake had that uncanny ability to make a play when it mattered most (at least in college) while the other Jake came up short with poor performances several times. I think Jake should be happy to have a career as good as Jake's.

If you truly want to compare Jake (Locker) that is, to a former Shanny QB, I would compare him physically to Elway but as a prospect I look at him much closer to being Cutler, though even Cutler seemed to have a better grasp of the how-to's of playing QB (and of course Jake is faster).

brasho
12-24-2010, 06:55 AM
Both rely on bootlegs, both are not the best passers (Locker has never impressed me with his passing), and both do not make the best decisions.
Yes, is Locker bigger? Sure. Is he faster? Sure. Does he have a stronger arm? Sure.
But the differences in those categories are not that great, I don't really think a better version of Plummer is a first round player.

I thought at the time that Plummer was the best QB in that draft and SHOULD have been a 1st rounder. And if the 49ers hadn't totally botched their QB draft decision and taken Plummer instead of Druckenmiller perhaps Plummer's career (and Steve Mariucci's----or was it Seifert at that time?) Besides that, Plummer nearly was a 1st rounder (picked at the very top of round 2)... so from a theoretical standponit, a better version of Plummer would be a 1st rounder.

I just don't see the comparisions though. Locker is high on physical ability and seemingly low on intangibles. Plummer was very high on intangibles and a little above average in physical ability.

If you want to compare Locker to somebody in NFL history, compare him to Akili Smith. From a physical and size standpoint they are clones. From a college career standpoint they are very similiar there as well. Both were former baseball players, both struggled greatly until their junior seasons where they were boosted by a new offense that featured a lot of half-field reads (and going away from a more QB-run oriented one) and then put up good numbers as a junior to garner them much attention. The big difference between Locker and Smith is that Smith left when his stock was at its highest and was drafted top 3 (or was it top 2?) while Locker stayed in and exposed his flaws (which Smith went to the NFL to get paid to do).

Akili Smith=Jake Locker is the best comparision I think can be made... and I don't mean that as a slam to Locker by any means. I do think he is a risky QB to select and COULD be a good one, but he shares so many of the characteristics with Smith (background, physical skills, deficiencies) that it has to be made. Who knows? If Akili Smith had been drafted by the Eagles instead of the Bengals, perhaps we're talking about the QB controversy in DC involving Smith instead of McNabb... maybe TO has a ring.... you never know.

Job
12-24-2010, 08:09 AM
The Skins have Rex Grossman. No need for a QB.

papageorgio
12-24-2010, 09:31 AM
The Bills dont need a quarterback. Fitzpatrick is easily playing like a top 10-15 Qb right now. The only person I see the Bills drafting is Newton and let him sit under Fitzpatrick like what Green Bag did with Rodgers.

Babylon
12-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I thought at the time that Plummer was the best QB in that draft and SHOULD have been a 1st rounder. And if the 49ers hadn't totally botched their QB draft decision and taken Plummer instead of Druckenmiller perhaps Plummer's career (and Steve Mariucci's----or was it Seifert at that time?) Besides that, Plummer nearly was a 1st rounder (picked at the very top of round 2)... so from a theoretical standponit, a better version of Plummer would be a 1st rounder.

I just don't see the comparisions though. Locker is high on physical ability and seemingly low on intangibles. Plummer was very high on intangibles and a little above average in physical ability.

If you want to compare Locker to somebody in NFL history, compare him to Akili Smith. From a physical and size standpoint they are clones. From a college career standpoint they are very similiar there as well. Both were former baseball players, both struggled greatly until their junior seasons where they were boosted by a new offense that featured a lot of half-field reads (and going away from a more QB-run oriented one) and then put up good numbers as a junior to garner them much attention. The big difference between Locker and Smith is that Smith left when his stock was at its highest and was drafted top 3 (or was it top 2?) while Locker stayed in and exposed his flaws (which Smith went to the NFL to get paid to do).

Akili Smith=Jake Locker is the best comparision I think can be made... and I don't mean that as a slam to Locker by any means. I do think he is a risky QB to select and COULD be a good one, but he shares so many of the characteristics with Smith (background, physical skills, deficiencies) that it has to be made. Who knows? If Akili Smith had been drafted by the Eagles instead of the Bengals, perhaps we're talking about the QB controversy in DC involving Smith instead of McNabb... maybe TO has a ring.... you never know.

Locker is a lot faster than Smith was and has a better arm. I like to use the comparison of Jay Cutler from a size and strength standpoint and also from the standpoint of what they had to work with. As for baseball i could really care less about that, that whole issue of another option i think is overblown.

brasho
12-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Locker is a lot faster than Smith was and has a better arm. I like to use the comparison of Jay Cutler from a size and strength standpoint and also from the standpoint of what they had to work with. As for baseball i could really care less about that, that whole issue of another option i think is overblown.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=61119&draftyear=1999&genpos=QB

A lot faster? I doubt that. Akili Smith timed "officially" at 4.66 at the combine and likely would have timed in the low 4.6's/high 4.5's if he had run at his pro day. I expect Locker to run no better than 4.55. I think Smith's 6'3 227 and 4.6 speed compares favorably to Locker's listed 6'3 230 and 4.53 speed. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65735&draftyear=2011&genpos=QB

As for the baseball, it does matter, neither player devoted full-time attention to QBing until after they gave up baseball and that was when the light supposedly went on for each of them. Both played in the defensively deficient PAC-10 under offensive gurus that worked to cut the field in half to limit their options (Smith with Jeff Tedford as OC in Oregon and Locker with Sarkisian in Washington).

When Smith came to Oregon after playing JUCO he was terrible, I can't find his stats online anywhere (I'd bet they're in an old Buschbaum PFW draft guide but I don't feel like going downstairs to look), but he had barely more TDs than INTs and made most of his plays on pure athletic ability alone... then after one season with OC Tedford he threw 32 TD and 11 INTs and became the Pac-10 co-player of the year (with Cade McNown).... this is a lot like Locker when Sarkisian came in to salvage his career.

Akili Smith had a very good arm and excellent speed, that-and his lone year's worth of production, are what got him picked #3 overall in 1999. He was great for one season in college-like Locker-who was great last season, but based on this season, there is very little chance he gets picked anywhere close to as high (#3 overall) as Akili Smith. I think the comparison of the two is extremely valid and very relevant.

bored of education
12-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Chiefs need to draft a guy to develop in the 4th or 5th

PoopSandwich
12-24-2010, 09:48 PM
I honestly don't think Cleveland could have lucked out any more with Colt...

gpngc
12-24-2010, 10:34 PM
^They could have traded for Whitehurst. They would have been luckier then.

The point of this thread is just to show that the supply is no where near the demand.

It really sucks for a lot of teams......

steelcrew43
12-24-2010, 11:04 PM
I honestly don't think Cleveland could have lucked out any more with Colt...

Colt has shown some promise, but has also been injured. Not gonna say they're too lucky just quite yet. I could see cleveland picking up terrelle pryor in the 2nd or 3rd as a gadget/backup to get some hometown support.

steelcrew43
12-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Who Needs a QB? ................. When you can just run the wildcat

DBNYDP
12-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Might want to look past the obvious guys in the draft.
I think a guy like Stanzi might have a pretty successful career (one better than everyone not named Luck).

gpngc
12-25-2010, 02:03 AM
Might want to look past the obvious guys in the draft.
I think a guy like Stanzi might have a pretty successful career (one better than everyone not named Luck).

I try.

I hate Ponder, Kapernick's not an NFL passer, Stanzi's wild but maybe...

Devlin was the guy I was intrigued by but I haven't heard anything all that great about him either.

fenikz
12-25-2010, 03:01 AM
1.) Arizona is NOT a destination for McNabb. Ken Whisenhunt has publically stated his dislike for McNabb. There is just no way Arizona is going the McNabb route.

Link please

Brent
12-25-2010, 08:34 AM
Devlin was the guy I was intrigued by but I haven't heard anything all that great about him either.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=188680

he's lead his team to the 1AA championship.

brasho
12-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Chiefs need to draft a guy to develop in the 4th or 5th

Cassel's still a young man in terms of QBs. Brody Coyle is looking like a career back-up, I don't think this a priority that might be only a few players away from being a major championship contender..... and there's one thing for sure, Cassell will NEVER again miss a game due to an appendectomy.

brasho
12-25-2010, 10:08 AM
I try.

I hate Ponder, Kapernick's not an NFL passer, Stanzi's wild but maybe...

I liken Kaepernick very closely to VY when he came out, minus the wacky sidearm delivery and minus the hype and ego. That being said, I think Kaepernick CAN be a very successful NFL passer and he, along with Allen Bailey, possibly Kerrigan, and hopefully CK's college team mate from Nevada, Dontay Moch, are my major focuses for Senior Bowl week

Halsey
12-25-2010, 10:32 AM
It wouldn't be a bad idea at all for the Browns to draft another QB early. Undersized, repeatedly injured Colt McCoy is nothing close to a lock as a long term franchise QB. There's a good chance the Browns will be picking a QB early in 2012 if they don't pick one in 2011.

scpanther22
12-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Palmer had a good day 16 of 21 passes for 269 yards and four touchdowns

DBNYDP
12-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Cassell is looking pretty good but...we don't know if he is going to keep it up, he has still looked shaky a lot this year so I think a guy in the5th/6th isn't a bad idea.

Wrathman
12-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Cassell is looking pretty good but...we don't know if he is going to keep it up, he has still looked shaky a lot this year so I think a guy in the5th/6th isn't a bad idea.

How does a guy with 27 touchdowns and 5 interceptions look "shaky a lot this year?" He's not elite, but he doesn't need to be with that ground game. A solid receiver opposite Bowe would also help.

I agree with those who say demand outweighs the supply of quarterbacks this coming offseason...which may find Shawn Hill walking into a starting gig somewhere as well because of it. If a rookie salary cap gets put in place for this draft and considering the tremendous need for QBs right now, trading out of the top 5 or 10 spots to someone moving up for a QB may be a very enticing and beneficial option for some teams.

superman8456
12-27-2010, 12:20 AM
What do you guys believe the value of Kevin Kolb is?

Halsey
12-27-2010, 12:54 AM
What do you guys believe the value of Kevin Kolb is?

A desperate team will trade a 2nd or 3rd for him. He's worth a shot for some team without a lot of other options.

DBNYDP
12-27-2010, 04:10 AM
How does a guy with 27 touchdowns and 5 interceptions look "shaky a lot this year?" He's not elite, but he doesn't need to be with that ground game. A solid receiver opposite Bowe would also help.

I agree with those who say demand outweighs the supply of quarterbacks this coming offseason...which may find Shawn Hill walking into a starting gig somewhere as well because of it. If a rookie salary cap gets put in place for this draft and considering the tremendous need for QBs right now, trading out of the top 5 or 10 spots to someone moving up for a QB may be a very enticing and beneficial option for some teams.
There are games and times when he has looked terrible. That first Denver game was bad. Now the stats will say that he threw for a couple TDs and 300 or so yards, but that was all in dead time really when Denver just started playing like prevent...When Denver was actually playing defense, and bringing blitzs he didn't look good at all (And Denver as you know is a TERRIBLE defense).
Overall stats says he has been good, but can he keep it up?
Is he going to have this success long term? If you think he is then really no need to get a QB this year..the draft is deep and I'm sure KC can find some nice players later in the draft.
I want to make it clear, I like what the Chiefs are doing. But sadly I don't think that blueprint is going to work in the NFL for much longer, it seems with every season the need for an elite QB to win the Super Bowl is getting greater.

DBNYDP
12-27-2010, 04:12 AM
A desperate team will trade a 2nd or 3rd for him. He's worth a shot for some team without a lot of other options.
If that is the case what is Orton going to be valued at?
I mean he was having a pretty good stat year before he got injured.
Smart, and veteran QB, can be used at least as stop gap.

Edit: Double post, my bad, I thought I was quoting this to my other post

lod01
12-27-2010, 09:05 AM
CIN should be in the definitely list because they have no future there outside of Palmer. Plus Palmer is just really bad

Or just maybe his 2 divas WR suck balls and don't know what route they are supposed to run. With backups, Palmer posted his best QB rating ever and it was against the #1 pass defense.

Cincy has a big decision ahead.

JaxJag_1
12-27-2010, 09:27 AM
If I have to watch David Garrard hold onto the ball for an eternity and get sacked numerous times for one more season, I'm literally going to bang my head against a wall until I'm knocked unconscious.

Morton
12-27-2010, 10:03 AM

He's at least worth a first round pick, if you believe he has franchise QB potential.

The Eagles won't trade him for anything less than a first round pick, at any rate. because the QB position is so important to winning in the NFL, I wouldnt' be surprised if one of the many QB-less teams trades a first round pick for him.

Even if he's just an above-average QB for some team, he'd be worth a first round pick.

PhinsRock
12-27-2010, 10:29 AM
MIAMI.

It's unbelievable how much Henne has regressed.

Babylon
12-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Seattle, however many characters it takes to say Hasselbeck and Whitehurst are terrible.

scpanther22
12-27-2010, 11:11 AM
MIAMI.

It's unbelievable how much Henne has regressed.

what round?

Halsey
12-27-2010, 11:41 AM
He's at least worth a first round pick, if you believe he has franchise QB potential.

The Eagles won't trade him for anything less than a first round pick, at any rate. because the QB position is so important to winning in the NFL, I wouldnt' be surprised if one of the many QB-less teams trades a first round pick for him.

Even if he's just an above-average QB for some team, he'd be worth a first round pick.

The problem for the Eagles is that teams will be worried Kolb will be another AJ Feeley and won't play as well for another team as he did for the Eagles.

Morton
12-27-2010, 12:07 PM
The problem for the Eagles is that teams will be worried Kolb will be another AJ Feeley and won't play as well for another team as he did for the Eagles.

Probably, but regardless, the Eagles aren't letting him go for less than a first. So if that means that the 2011 season comes and goes with Kolb as the backup QB, then that's what will happen.

Halsey
12-27-2010, 01:24 PM
Probably, but regardless, the Eagles aren't letting him go for less than a first. So if that means that the 2011 season comes and goes with Kolb as the backup QB, then that's what will happen.

You might be right, because Vick isn't a sure thing to be a long term starting QB. He's one hit on the field or incident off the field from no longer being available to the Eagles.

umphrey
12-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Luck is probably going to stay in school
Newton just has no chance of being ready to start his rookie year
McNabb should be a backup
Locker and Mallett both shouldn't start opening day, but they could
Orton is far from an ideal catch

That means if you need a quarterback right away, your options are to:

-sell the farm for Kolb
-settle for McNabb
-settle for Orton
-spend a high draft pick on Locker who is a huge risk right now, needs a lot of coaching, and would struggle through the first 8 games if he's lucky
-spend a high draft pick on Mallett who is also risky, has good upside and can throw the deep ball, but can't throw timing routes or manage a game even close to an NFL level, and will also struggle through the first 8 games if he's lucky

With all the teams needing a quarterback, there is going to be a lot of disappointment and a lot of bad quarterback play next year.

DBNYDP
12-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Luck is probably going to stay in school
Newton just has no chance of being ready to start his rookie year
McNabb should be a backup
Locker and Mallett both shouldn't start opening day, but they could
Orton is far from an ideal catch

That means if you need a quarterback right away, your options are to:

-sell the farm for Kolb
-settle for McNabb
-settle for Orton
-spend a high draft pick on Locker who is a huge risk right now, needs a lot of coaching, and would struggle through the first 8 games if he's lucky
-spend a high draft pick on Mallett who is also risky, has good upside and can throw the deep ball, but can't throw timing routes or manage a game even close to an NFL level, and will also struggle through the first 8 games if he's lucky

With all the teams needing a quarterback, there is going to be a lot of disappointment and a lot of bad quarterback play next year.
Orton isn't a bad QB. He can manage a game, and won't lose games for you. He also has developed some playmaking ability under McDaniels (I don't know if it will carry over). But he can definitely be a good mentor to some of these guys..if Mallet develops half the decision making Orton has, he is justified as going in the 1st even top 10.

prock
12-27-2010, 03:00 PM
I would love to have Mallet and then Orton personally.

LizardState
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
9ers dumping Singletary could well be the the GTFO notice for Alex Smith too.

Complete team makeover among headliners in 2011, search begun immediately for a new GM, new HC & all assts. (except Manusky), & a new face of the franchise QB. Troy Smith will be the backup.

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 05:35 PM
9ers dumping Singletary could well be the the GTFO notice for Alex Smith too.

Complete team makeover among headliners in 2011, search begun immediately for a new GM, new HC & all assts. (except Manusky), & a new face of the franchise QB. Troy Smith will be the backup.

Who ever it is, they will be smart to do this.

superman8456
12-27-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm doing a mock right now for the Eagles and I'm trading Kolb. I want there to be good value, but something that is actually a fair trade for both teams. I was thinking a 2nd and a 4th off a team like Arizona, who will have a top 10 pick.

Do you think this is fair? If not, what would you be willing to give up?

scpanther22
01-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Jaguars.com's Vic Ketchman hints that Jacksonville is likely to select a quarterback in the first two round of this year's draft.

The Jags pick 16th overall, which might just barely be high enough in what's expected to be a loaded quarterback class. OC Dirk Koetter is a proponent of the vertical passing game, so he'd likely prefer a big-armed hurler. It's worth noting that Ketchman, a close confidante of GM Gene Smith, called Arkansas' Ryan Mallett a surefire "top-five pick" in a Wednesday Q & A column.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=6451