PDA

View Full Version : Podcast 12/21 Forum Questions

Shane P. Hallam
12-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Post any questions you have here for Scott and I on our Podcast this Tuesday!

Always at 8 PM EST at www.blogtalkradio.com/DraftCountdown

We had a GREAT chat room last week. I hope for that again this week!

Scott Wright
12-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Be sure to get your questions in for tonight!

midwestpatsfan
12-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Hi Scott and Shane,
As a Patriot fan, I have seen too many times this year Brandon Meriweather take horrific angles on the ball which have lead to big plays by the opposing team. He has also been benched by Belichick a couple of times this year for not playing within the scheme. My question is this, what safeties in this draft could the Patriots look at if they decide to get rid of Meriweather. I am thinking somewhere in the 2nd round or later.

Thanks,
Mike

shylo3716
12-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Shane,

I would like to hear about the actual possibility of Denver taking Patrick Peterson to pair him or replace Champ Bailey with him.

DiG
12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Scott/Shane - Assuming Andrew Luck is off the board, which of the remaining big 3 QBs would be the best fit in Shanahans offense and why?

Hurricanes25
12-21-2010, 12:54 PM
What do you guys think of Miami RB's Damien Berry and Graig Cooper?

marshallb
12-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Who are some of the versatile offensive linemen who will be taken in the middle to late rounds who can play several positions?

Incogneetus69
12-21-2010, 02:49 PM
North Carolinas prospects. So much talent, is it a mirage or they just never got the chance to gel?

prock
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
What are some late round sleepers that you think could make an impact in the secondary?

DBNYDP
12-21-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm a big supporter of Denver going back to the 4-3. What players would be best drafted for a 4-3 scheme for the Broncos? (Particularly MLB, and DT/DE)

Scott Wright
12-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Last call for questions!

Scott Wright
12-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Also, the chat room is now open.

Matthew Jones
12-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Scott,

It seems there are some conflicting opinions on USC center Kris O'Dowd. Where is this guy's draft stock at right now?

Shane P. Hallam
12-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Hi Scott and Shane,
As a Patriot fan, I have seen too many times this year Brandon Meriweather take horrific angles on the ball which have lead to big plays by the opposing team. He has also been benched by Belichick a couple of times this year for not playing within the scheme. My question is this, what safeties in this draft could the Patriots look at if they decide to get rid of Meriweather. I am thinking somewhere in the 2nd round or later.

Thanks,
Mike

It depends what they want. A guy like Mark Barron (Junior,) is a worse version of Meriweather, but seems like a type of Patriots player. As for Seniors, I think the two Florida guys could intrigue the Patriots (Hill and Black,) with maybe a later rounder like Joe Lefeged who can contribute on special teams too.

What do you guys think of Miami RB's Damien Berry and Graig Cooper?

Scott and I both like Coop. Better NFL player than college player. Senior Bowl could be a huge help to him if he goes (though it isn't favorable to RBs, so don't count on much). I don't think Berry is an NFL talent myself. Durability concerns, speed concerns, not extremely versatile. I wouldn't take him.

Who are some of the versatile offensive linemen who will be taken in the middle to late rounds who can play several positions?

Some of my favorites:

Danny Watkins, Baylor - Very athletic, good power, not a lot of experience. He needs some major coaching, but his physical tools set him up as a tackle or guard. Could end up going much earlier.

Lee Ziemba, Auburn and Clint Boling, Georgia - The tiny arms club, should be good guards with possibility at tackle

Darius Morris, Temple - Very versatile, may be a better guard fit, but he has been very stout at Temple.

North Carolinas prospects. So much talent, is it a mirage or they just never got the chance to gel?

How many of them played? It is a bit of both. I think Greg Little and Deunta Williams are very legit. Richard Quinn needs the right system and coaching, high bust possibility with how high he will go, but also TREMENDOUS upside as a top NFL pass rusher. Marvin Austin is a mirage, I wouldn't really touch him before the 5th round myself. LB-wise, I like Sturdivant, not as much Carter (especially now with the injuries). I'm still a bit undecided by Burney and Brown, both were overrated before, now perhaps a bit underrated. Will contribute, not be great.

What are some late round sleepers that you think could make an impact in the secondary

Ryan Jones from Northwest Missouri State. Can't say that I have watched a game per say, but hearing some very good things. He intrigues me. Mario Butler from Georgia Tech (who we discussed on the show,) will contribute in some way to an NFL team IMO. As for safeties, I still really like Shiloh Keo from Idaho. He doesn't get the press clippings, but this kid is tough and can make the big play when needed. Dom DeCicco from Pitt is also another contributer, should be a good special teamer and has made some big plays for Pitt's defense.

I'm a big supporter of Denver going back to the 4-3. What players would be best drafted for a 4-3 scheme for the Broncos? (Particularly MLB, and DT/DE)

Kind of hit on this in the show. Until we know the full system, we'll see, but a Greg Jones or Nate Irving type in the middle could go a long way. DT will be the way to look I imagine, gathering a Drake Nevis or Christian Ballard in the middle would also be a need for Denver in a 4-3.

It seems there are some conflicting opinions on USC center Kris O'Dowd. Where is this guy's draft stock at right now?

His stock is late 2nd-3rd round right now, could even fall to the 4th. Hasn't had his best year, but I am still a big cheerleader for O'Dowd. Big concern is durability for O'Dowd. He doesn't do anything great, but does everything well. Solid strength and footwork. He is smart though, and a great leader on the O-line, that's why I like him so much.