PDA

View Full Version : Vonta Leach

Jughead10
03-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this yet. Either that or I missed someone mention it. The Giants offered this guy an offer sheet. I believe 5 years 8.5 million for FB. Houston has a week to match. If they don't we don't owe them anything in terms of compensation because Leach wasn't drafted. If we land him, Finn could be gone. In fact he most likely will gone.

ricky bobby
03-21-2007, 10:23 AM
I hope that we can get this guy. Ron Dayne averaged something like 120 yards per game when he Leach led the way. Imagine what he can do for Brandon Jacobs. He's only 25 years old, so his best days are still ahead of him. With Mughelli getting a 18 million dollar contract, I think the Texans will try to match the our offer. I heard Coughlin already gave Finn a call. It seems that nobody over the age of 30 is safe. That's why I think we will get a WR on day one.

Jughead10
03-21-2007, 10:26 AM
If he can make Dayne average 120 yds a game, we need this guy ASAP. He should also be working on the cure for AIDS and cancer.

ricky bobby
03-21-2007, 10:30 AM
If he can make Dayne average 120 yds a game, we need this guy ASAP. He should also be working on the cure for AIDS and cancer.
... and solving world hunger.

bigbluedefense
03-21-2007, 10:32 AM
How much of it is Leach though? The ZBS seems to produce downhill runners like its nothing. So maybe Dayne benefited more from the ZBS than Leech? Dunno.

ricky bobby
03-21-2007, 10:38 AM
How much of it is Leach though? The ZBS seems to produce downhill runners like its nothing. So maybe Dayne benefited more from the ZBS than Leech? Dunno.
Yeah, i'll admit that number is a bit inflated. From what I hear, Texan fans like this kid. One said that Leach is his 4rth favorite player on the Texans. We need a big FB to make holes for Brandon Jacobs. It doesn't make sense that Finn is paving holes for a guy 30 pounds heavier than him. Granted, not many FBs are bigger than BJ, but Leach is close at 250.

Jughead10
03-21-2007, 10:41 AM
I could be wrong but I'm not sure if Leach even started the whole year. He started playing more when Dayne came in to match with his power running style. Which is why the Giants want him to match Jacobs and Droughns power running style. I don't think he was clearing lanes when Wali Lundy was back there for Houston.

Slasher28
03-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Yea he started later in the year, but anything is better than finn, he doesn't catch the ball real well and Leach does, also having a younger fullback isn't a bad thing, Reese is just building for the future

Damix
03-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I could be wrong but I'm not sure if Leach even started the whole year. He started playing more when Dayne came in to match with his power running style. Which is why the Giants want him to match Jacobs and Droughns power running style. I don't think he was clearing lanes when Wali Lundy was back there for Houston.

He was cut by the Packers at the end of preseaon, but Sherman loves him, so he followed him to Houston, he probably didn't start right away while learning the playbook

Giantsfan1080
03-21-2007, 02:30 PM
I think if we get him it's a pretty good sign. Fullback is a really unsung hero and Leach could grow into a pretty good FB. I like Finn a lot but Leach is an upgrade and thats the business.