PDA

View Full Version : What'd you get?

scottyboy
12-26-2010, 11:42 PM
come on folks, the holidays have pretty much come and gone, so come here and share/brag what you got for presents!

Brent
12-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Nothing. Though I did sleep with a girl. That counts, right?

CashmoneyDrew
12-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Nothing. Though I did sleep with a girl. That counts, right?

Sounds like you got everything.

CJSchneider
12-26-2010, 11:57 PM
2 Pars of work gloves
2 pair of pants
1 pair of shorts
$25 left on a gift card
$100 cash
1 box of 2010 Topps Update

I bought my wife a Barnes and Noble -nook-
That I also count as a gift to me.

The best gift I received, however, was the smiles on my kids' faces. You can't put a price on that.

scottyboy
12-27-2010, 12:01 AM
awww how adorable cj, you old bastard you.
what'd you get them?!?!

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 12:10 AM
My oldest daughter is an inspiring artist, so she received about $100 in art supplies, a ton of clothes and some gift cards to some stores she likes. My middle child is still into Barbies and zoo-zoo pets so we bought her a ton of that and clothes. My son swears he is going to be a fireman someday. He got clothes as well plus a firetruck that is as big as he is and a bunch of other little things (Leapster games - stuff like that)

vidae
12-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I got an authentic Tamba Hali jersey, a new phone (Samsung Epiccccccccc), and my Chiefs season tickets renewed. :D

MetSox17
12-27-2010, 12:30 AM
1. Cologne
2. $25 gift card
3. Justin Rodeo Wallet
4. Carhartt Jacket

Oh yeah, be very jealous.

Da-Phins
12-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Nothing worth being happy over so it dont matter. Christmas is just whatever to me anymore. People overrate it too much these days.

kalbears13
12-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Nothing worth being happy over so it dont matter. Christmas is just whatever to me anymore. People overrate it too much these days.

Christmas is what you make it.

Babylon
12-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Been a long time since i was excited about Xmas gifts but i was surprised with:

2 nice sweaters
a bottle of Crown Royal
Real Madrid home soccer jersey

TitanHope
12-27-2010, 01:16 AM
I had an awesome hipster Christmas. I'd explain everything I got, but only njx would know what I'm talking about.

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 01:26 AM
Yeah but then it would be too mainstream and he would get rid of his.

prock
12-27-2010, 01:27 AM
I got some Bose speakers, cologne, and some cash from other relatives. Oh, and with my mom's side we don't get gifts for everyone 18+, everyone just buys 5 $1 scratch offs and everyone puts them in a basket and you randomly choose 5 and I won $18!!

Job
12-27-2010, 02:30 AM
Cauldrons. And some movies (Citizen Kane, Psycho, Vertigo and Inception).

fenikz
12-27-2010, 03:17 AM
My oldest daughter is an inspiring artist, so she received about $100 in art supplies, a ton of clothes and some gift cards to some stores she likes. My middle child is still into Barbies and zoo-zoo pets so we bought her a ton of that and clothes. My son swears he is going to be a fireman someday. He got clothes as well plus a firetruck that is as big as he is and a bunch of other little things (Leapster games - stuff like that)

so thats like 2 paint brushes and some crayons, **** buying art supplies

got a LG Vu, some clothes and money/gift certificates

diabsoule
12-27-2010, 03:19 AM
I got a blu-ray player, digital camera, Jahri Evans Saints jersey, some cologne, WWII in HD movie, and an LSU beanie.

Job
12-27-2010, 04:48 AM

Did you mean aspiring?

I received a red pen for Christmas.

The Unseen
12-27-2010, 06:32 AM
$300 check
$100 Visa gift card
Florida Gators calendar
Florida Gators long sleeve shirt
A pair of jeans
$15 iTunes gift card

If it wasn't obvious, I ask for money for Christmas. I have turned around and bought some books with the money, and I sort of bought some clothes and books recently in anticipation for receiving money on Christmas.

Razor
12-27-2010, 06:56 AM
$1500 cash
A new frying pan
A couple of blu-rays
A new knife block
A wool blanket
A pair of woolen socks (oh yeah)

Haven't gotten my presents from my sister yet, can't wait to see what it is.

Sniper
12-27-2010, 07:24 AM
$1500 cash

Time for me to start rolling with your entourage.

Damix
12-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Nothing but more dress clothes. All I wanted.

Growing up is a sad thing.

DeepThreat
12-27-2010, 08:04 AM
A stereo
Clothes
Video games (NBA 2k11, Black Ops)
Movies
Cash
iTunes Gift Card

pete_norm
12-27-2010, 08:16 AM
Didn't receive much (some money from my parents and booze from my sister) but my wife and I are going to Cuba next week as a Christmas gift. That's good enough for me!

AntoinCD
12-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Golf trolley
Golf shoes
Electric Guitar
Tickets to see Peter Kay(comedian)
Cook books
4 sets of aftershave and stuff

Best Christmas haul Ive had in years

no bare feet
12-27-2010, 08:32 AM
VISA giftcards.

ATLDirtyBirds
12-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Electric Razor
Gift Card for Sunglasses
WaWa Gift Cards
Cash

Razor
12-27-2010, 08:54 AM
Time for me to start rolling with your entourage.

Haha not really... I'm going to America for a road trip from NY to LA with a friend of mine (this has never been done before, I am certain of that!!!) so I need the money for the trip.

Nalej
12-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Haha not really... I'm going to America for a road trip from NY to LA with a friend of mine (this has never been done before, I am certain of that!!!) so I need the money for the trip.

Man, I'm jealous. My best friends and I always talked about renting an RV and doing a cross country trip. Back and forth for about a month.
Life caught up with us though... I hope you get to do that. Sounds awesome.

RufusMcDaniel
12-27-2010, 09:07 AM
$500 from parents and aunts/uncles
Titans T-shirt
4 shirts
A putting green thing (my putting is actually my strongest part of my golf game)
Madden 11
Chocolate

The shirts were nice and $100 dollar was already gambled away, so Christmas kind of sucked this year.

OSUGiants17
12-27-2010, 09:26 AM
$60 in iTunes gift cards
close to $200 cash
authentic Hakeem Nicks jersey
A fresh pair of Nike Classics
New headphones
Inception
Some Alkaline Trio on vinyl
DK Country Returns
Lots of clothes

The_Dude
12-27-2010, 09:57 AM
Inception
Casual Clothes
A PS3 controller
Coffee Maker
A robe (my wife said the neighbors requested that i stop walking around the house naked)
A Chiropractic Pillow (bro-in-law is a chiropractor)
The Dave Clark Five greatest hits

trkaline
12-27-2010, 10:14 AM
$250 bucks
$15 Subway Gift Card
$15 Royal Farm Gift Card
A Coogi Hoodie
A Raven's Cap
A crap load of tools
A pole dancer alarm clock(my g-mom bought it for me...and it was labled as from my nieces and cousins... weird...)
and a Switch Blade....

OneToughGame
12-27-2010, 10:15 AM
$50 O'Reilly Auto Parts gift card
Assassins Creed Brotherhood
George Foreman Grill
Hoodie
Cologne

A Perfect Score
12-27-2010, 10:30 AM
iPhone 4G
Madden 11
Few New Shirts
$50 gift card
Authentic Ray Rice jersey
Scott Pilgrim on Blu Ray

senormysterioso
12-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I got an AR-15, it's a Ruger SR-5.56 so that's awesome. My parents bought me a new watch, which is also awesome.

DoughBoy
12-27-2010, 12:18 PM
New phone (Samsung vibrant galaxy s)
xbox games (Just Cause 2, Fallout new vegas)
a few iZod shirts, some golfing shirts from under armour.
80 dollars in cash
150 dollars in iTunes and Gift cards
2 things of cologne (Johnny Bahama and Reaction)
Titans floor mats for my car
a few pair of jeans, and some nifty hipster t shirts

eaglesalltheway
12-27-2010, 12:42 PM
I got roughly $250 in cash, but no gift cards. (actually don't mind that)
I got two shirts that I'll probably be exchanging for different ones. They were those way too much barbed wire/flames, all in glitter ****, so I'm going to exchange them for some "quieter" clothes, most likely shirts.
I got a new clothes hamper (mine was falling apart)
And a memory foam pillow. I have slept much better the last two nights with this pillow, I really can't believe it.
Simple gifts, but I'll take em, didn't want anything besides the pillow anyway.

What I enjoyed most was seeing my brothers and sister enjoying their presents. My brothers got nerf guns (pretty much the whole arsenal, haha) and my sister got a really nice digital camera as their highlight presents, and I gave my brothers Wii games (a hunting game for my 9 year old brother, and a Spongebob game for my 6 year old brother) and my sister a portfolio for her artwork (it's aspiring, CJ, lol). They all loved their gifts from me which makes me feel pretty good, I just assumed I was a crappy gift giver, lol.

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 12:58 PM
No, aspire is what she used to do. Now she inspires. She really is that good. There aren't many mediums she does not astonish in. It's to the point where the next step is to shell out some serious cash on computer graphics software for her. She is in a talented arts program at school and had to have an IEP made for her (she's at the other end of the Special Ed spectrum, which is gifted and talented)

StickSkills
12-27-2010, 12:59 PM
I got congestion and a fever for the whole day. Didn't get out of bed even to eat with my family.

A Perfect Score
12-27-2010, 01:54 PM
No, aspire is what she used to do. Now she inspires. She really is that good. There aren't many mediums she does not astonish in. It's to the point where the next step is to shell out some serious cash on computer graphics software for her. She is in a talented arts program at school and had to have an IEP made for her (she's at the other end of the Special Ed spectrum, which is gifted and talented)

Yeah, I was in that too though when I was a kid and look how I turned out. Approach with caution!

prock
12-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah, I was in that too though when I was a kid and look how I turned out. Approach with caution!

Yeah, seriously CJ, APS is living proof that being gifted and talented as a child means nothing except that they will turn out as a terrible human being and a detriment to society.

jsa230
12-27-2010, 02:03 PM
Christmas was ok for me . . im not going to complain to much but my family plays dirty ******* santa, its lame. I guess its kind of fun stealing the good gifts and what not. I got a fifth of woodford reserve and on the other side of the fam i got a movie(the town). I really didnt get much else . . some band tshirts/hoodies, gloves, a winter hat, leather jacket, thermal underwear, socks . . . you know, the winter essentials.

BeerBaron
12-27-2010, 02:07 PM
I had a good haul.

Got three new dress shirts I've been needing
A stainless steel chain necklace that is pretty sweet looking
New sneakers
A new electric razor (good kind, Phillips Norelco...works great)
A new buckwheat hull pillow
A $50 gift card for Weis
Two giant Mr. Goodbars
A big tin of cookies
A new Bears t-shirt
A bottle of vodka from my uncle
Some different flavored bottles of mixer for rum
A couple bags of beef jerkey and beef sticks
A new calendar for filling out my work schedule
Some deodorant and body spray (odd gift but I always ask for it)
A sample box of various flavors of BBQ sauce

A good haul I think.

Hines
12-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Winter clothes
Steelers jacket
A beanie
Winter gloves

That's all.

yourfavestoner
12-27-2010, 02:29 PM
iPhone 4G
Madden 11
Few New Shirts
$50 gift card
Authentic Ray Rice jersey
Scott Pilgrim on Blu Ray

I thought you were getting Black Ops bitchboy.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
12-27-2010, 02:52 PM
2 bottles of Lacoste cologne
Miami Hurricanes sweatshirt
2 Colts sweatshirts
Sweatpants
Colts wallet, neon light, knit hat, shirt
Purple tie
Jimmy Johns gift card
$50 cash
Socks
Boxers
Basketball shorts

Matthew Jones
12-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Sennheiser HD-280 headphones (for music production)
Nikon digital camera
Bill Simmons Book of Basketball
Various music books
A couple of gift cards to the local Indian restaurant
A sweater from Banana Republic

Overall the best Christmas I've had in a while. I got some other minor stuff too like whitening strips, cologne, etc.

terribletowel39
12-27-2010, 03:59 PM
A little over $500 cash.
Beef Jerky.
Steelers shirt.
Steelers wallet.
Steelers car mat.

Thats about it. I'm thinking a new tat with some of the money.

katnip
12-27-2010, 04:27 PM
clothes, money, & a f'ing broken ps3 controller out of the box

UKfan
12-27-2010, 04:28 PM
I got quite a lot of stuff which I am all very pleased with, clothes, a sweet ceramic watch, money, DVD's etc. My most unique gift is a skidpan driving experience, which should be badass!

P-L
12-27-2010, 05:07 PM
- I bought a Wii and Wii Fit for me and my wife.
- I bought myself some movies (Blu-ray - Inception, Mad Men Seasons 1-3, Batman Begins, Batman: Under the Red Hood; DVD - Breaking Bad Season 1, Gone Baby Gone, Kick-Ass)
- She bought me Dexter Season 4 (with my money, so I guess I bought another thing for myself)

I haven't seen my family yet, going to celebrate with them on New Year's day. I'm pretty sure my parents are getting us gift cards. No idea what my brother is getting me. My mother-in-law and stepfather-in-law (is that a real term?) gave us $200 and my father-in-law bought my wife a new computer and gave us a $100 Amazon gift card.

Caddy
12-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Like $300 cash/gift cards
Season membership to Sydney Roosters
New external HD
Scratchies/lotto tickets
Holidaying on Christmas day on a tropical island.

bored of education
12-27-2010, 07:15 PM
head from mrs. claus CUE THE DRUMS

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 07:27 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_71Gme_x6Q_Q/SquSqMF6qbI/AAAAAAAACPY/gFwesyvG3Nw/s400/drum-roll.gif

bantx
12-28-2010, 01:49 AM
Cash
Beats headphones
Ipod shuffle

Grizzlegom
12-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Cameron Wake Jersey
2 Phillies sweatshirts, a new Phils hat, a WS Championship winter jacket, a fleece, and a Chase Utley plaque (all from my g/f's family, I guess they think since I named my son Chase after Utley that I like the Phillies or something...)
New Penn State T-Shirt
Orville Redenbacher popcorn maker

draftguru151
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Bunch of 360 games (Alan Wake, RDR, Batman, Darksiders, AC:Brotherhood and Fable 3)
Couple seasons of Chuck, Dollhouse, Scrubs, HIMYM and BBT.
Super awesome monitor to go along with the slightly used comp I'm getting.
DINOSAUR COMICS. (with shirt!) http://www.topatoco.com/graphics/00000001/qw-failure-big.gif
Bunch of slacks/dress shirts for when I start working.
And of course SOCKS.

niel89
12-28-2010, 10:53 PM
Xbox eargasm inducing Turtle Beach X41's.

http://www.wirelessheadphonestv.com/images/turtle-beach-ear-force-x41.jpg

bjones9
12-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Cash
Beats headphones
Ipod shuffle

Ipod shuffles look weird with big headphones :) .
FACT!

unless it's pink