PDA

View Full Version : What'd you give?

The Unseen
12-27-2010, 06:34 AM
It is better to give than to receive blah blah blah

Gave both my sister and my mom a 2011 Beagles calendar (the beagle on the cover made me and them go "awwwww ^__^"), my dad a polo shirt, my grandma a pair of earrings, and my brother-in-law a $25 iTunes gift card.

Sniper
12-27-2010, 07:32 AM
My parents- a bar set (bar tools, some liquor and whatnot. They like to entertain, so that helps.)
My brother- Call of Duty: Black Ops, $25 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods, cologne
My sister: Bath and Body Works stuff, a memory board and a gift card to somewhere that I forget.

That's just my family. I also got some **** for my girlfriend's side of the family, but I can't remember everything right now.

no bare feet
12-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Visa giftcards.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
12-27-2010, 08:36 AM
My brother and I split on a new camera for my mom, my whole family went in on getting my dad a new wireless speaker, I got Gran Turismo 5 for my little brother, and for my sister I got Ricky Martin's new book.

Nalej
12-27-2010, 08:50 AM
My wife: A red trench/overcoat (She thinks they look classy), neclace and earring set and a Penn State jersey

My son: A responsive book that helps with letters and numbers, a firetruck, a toy that you sit on and it spins, a giant football pillow (about the same size as my son, a train set (that he's too young for 'cause he simply destroyed it after I set it up), and a **** ton of clothes

RufusMcDaniel
12-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Dad: Minnesota Vikings shirt, he opened it and proceed to say..."Not these bums" But he liked the shirt.

Mom: Chocolate covered Almonds and a gift card to purchase a dishwasher.

Oldest sister: 3 shirts and a pair of pants

Second oldest sister: Work shirt and work pants

Youngest sister: $100

Nieces: Each got these cups, plates and bowls that my family had as kids, as well as clothes

Brother-in-law: Tim Hortons gift card and a a nice sweater

The_Dude
12-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Dad: Minnesota Vikings shirt, he opened it and proceed to say..."Not these bums" But he liked the shirt.

Mom: Chocolate covered Almonds and a gift card to purchase a dishwasher.

Oldest sister: 3 shirts and a pair of pants

Second oldest sister: Work shirt and work pants

Youngest sister: $100

Nieces: Each got these cups, plates and bowls that my family had as kids, as well as clothes

Brother-in-law: Tim Hortons gift card and a a nice sweater

Confimation that you live in America's Hat?

MetSox17
12-27-2010, 10:14 AM
My unconditional love.

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 10:31 AM
My oldest daughter is an inspiring artist, so she received about $100 in art supplies, a ton of clothes and some gift cards to some stores she likes. My middle child is still into Barbies and zoo-zoo pets so we bought her a ton of that and clothes. My son swears he is going to be a fireman someday. He got clothes as well plus a firetruck that is as big as he is and a bunch of other little things (Leapster games - stuff like that)

I gave my wife a Barnes and Noble -nook-.
My mother was given a crystal display dish with a golden fleur-de-lis on it.
I sent my brother some baseball cards.

Edit: We had our kids make aprons for my mother and grandmother. The used fabric paint to put their names and hand print on it. They were cute.

MetSox17
12-27-2010, 10:34 AM
I gave my wife a Barnes and Noble -nook-.
My mother was given a crystal display dish with a golden fleur-de-lis on it.
I sent my brother some baseball cards.

You must hate your brother.

diabsoule
12-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Gave my stepdad some books.
Gave my mom a fleur-de-lis necklace with some earrings.
Gave my mawmaw some perfurme.

vikes_28
12-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I got my Aunt a $25 visa gift card
I got both Grandma's and Grandpa's $50 visa gift cards
I got my parents a $100 visa gift card

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 10:42 AM
You must hate your brother.

I spent about $75 bucks. He loves Nolan Ryan, and these were some cards I'm pretty sure he didn't have. He sent me cards as well.

MetSox17
12-27-2010, 10:45 AM
I spent about $75 bucks. He loves Nolan Ryan, and these were some cards I'm pretty sure he didn't have. He sent me cards as well.

I was just kidding, lol.

BuckeyeDan17
12-27-2010, 10:46 AM
My little cousin, who absolutely loves GI Joes, military action figures, etc. I gave him all 19 of my 21st century modern warfare and SWAT team 12' figures. Never seen a child's face light up the way his did. Delays my reservations to hell for at least a year.

The_Dude
12-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Mom: a golf marker with all of her grandkids' names on it
Bro-in-Law: bench vice
Wife: Glee cd, christmas bowls, santa mug (she loves x-mas) all from the boy
The boy: a bunch of toys & books
In-laws, sisters, & dad: framed pictures of my awesome boy.

Dr. Gonzo
12-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Got Draft King Community Season 1 and some Microsoft points.

Got JF4 some homemade Absinthe (tried the first batch myself and it is pretty awesome).

Got my youngest brother (formerly Trivia) God of War 1 and 2 remastered.

Got My Dad seasons 1 and 2 of Friday Night Lights.

Got my mom seasons 1 and 2 of True Blood.

Got my son a bunch of books and a couple toys since he has everything else.

Key to gift giving for me is buy **** I would also want.

Brent
12-27-2010, 07:12 PM
gonzo, what did you get your baby's mama?

Dr. Gonzo
12-27-2010, 07:22 PM
gonzo, what did you get your baby's mama?

Hahaha she received my patience this holiday season which I assure you takes quite a bit of effort on my part.

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Hahaha she received my patience this holiday season which I assure you takes quite a bit of effort on my part.

SheHulkner deserves more. Have her call me.

Dr. Gonzo
12-27-2010, 07:24 PM
SheHulkner deserves more. Have her call me.

I will let her know JBoobie, I know you too hit it off. Just think of the epic Halo games you could have.

Shane P. Hallam
12-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I will let her know JBoobie, I know you too hit it off. Just think of the epic Halo games you could have.

Thank you. She may be my soul mate.

Brodeur
12-27-2010, 08:46 PM
My sister- $105 pair of boots (she picked out)
My mom- $88 sweater/Macy's gift card (she picked out sweater)
My dad- Jack Bauer T-Shirt/$100 gas card
My grandma- $50 gift card to grocery store
My best friend- Dexter T-Shirt/Dr. Horrible blu ray/assorted goods
My movie friend- Breaking Bad S1 and S2 on blu ray
My aunt- Some sort of gift card I pitched in for with the rest of my family
My step-nephew- $25 GameStop gift card

Brent
12-27-2010, 08:50 PM
gebus, look at Brody The High Roller

Paul
12-27-2010, 09:08 PM
My Oldest Sister - Foot Spa
My Little Sisiter - Justin Bieber Poster and Singing Doll
My Little Big Brother - Purple Under Armour Heatgear (School colors, still need to get him purple gloves and mouthguard)
My little Brother - A yellow Plaid shirt (The kid loves plaid)
My Friend - 2pac All Eyez On Me CD/DVD
White Elephant - Ipod Shuffle

CJSchneider
12-27-2010, 09:08 PM
You have a sister? Can we see pictures?

Brodeur
12-27-2010, 09:10 PM
gebus, look at Brody The High Roller

I'm just generous and have some money saved up. And was that directed at Paul or Me, CJ?

Rob S
12-27-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm just generous and have some money saved up. And was that directed at Paul or Me, CJ?

It's CJ. Clearly it is directed at both of you.

Borat
12-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Tis the season to give us pics of your sisters

SuperMcGee
12-27-2010, 11:32 PM
My best friend- Dexter T-Shirt/Dr. Horrible blu ray/assorted goods

Can't wait for them to arrive.

bantx
12-28-2010, 01:42 AM
My parents, sisters split on a new tv and I bought the tv stand
sister - new running shoes
sister - me, my sister, and mom split to buy funiture for my sisters room as a suprise
white elephant - ipod dock

Grizzlegom
12-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Girlfriend: Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay T-Shirts, Hair Dryer, and new (stronger) chain for her necklace that I got her for her birthday that she managed to break twice in 4 months.
Son: Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs, Craft/Lego Table, Thomas the Tank Engine Matching Game, Tonka Trucks
Dad: New Hot Wheels track (got him 50 hot wheels for his 50th birthday and he asked for a track for them)
Mom: Went in with others on a new bed.
Sister: Alarm Clock
Nieces: Barbies and Make up
Nephew: Perfection (the game)

Paul
12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Girlfriend: Cliff Lee and Roy Halladay T-Shirts, Hair Dryer, and new (stronger) chain for her necklace that I got her for her birthday that she managed to break twice in 4 months.
Son: Thomas the Tank Engine DVDs, Craft/Lego Table, Thomas the Tank Engine Matching Game, Tonka Trucks
Dad: New Hot Wheels track (got him 50 hot wheels for his 50th birthday and he asked for a track for them)

O_O

Grizzlegom
12-28-2010, 12:37 PM
O_O

Hahahahaha, probably should have re-read that one before posting...We bought her a new bed...let's just leave it at that...

Chucky
12-28-2010, 01:45 PM

Is your other sons name "Dad"?

Grizzlegom
12-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Is your other sons name "Dad"?

Haha, I think its a mid-life crisis or something. He claims its all for the grandkids but he's more excited to get them out than my nephew and son are...