PDA

View Full Version : Sean Spence, OLB, Miami (FL)

katnip
12-27-2010, 04:47 PM
i'm a canes fan, but working saturdays and living in CT/NE, i rarely got to see a canes game.. but when i did and whenever he made a play/tackle.. the announce crew would say how he's not the fastest or biggest (i think), but had tremendous instincts

i'm not a big draft analyze guy, so what his projection if he does declare?

FUNBUNCHER
12-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Is he more than 215#???

katnip
12-27-2010, 04:52 PM
don't know

judging by pictures looks about ernie sims size ??

Hines
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
OT kinda, but I like Ray Ray Armstrong WAYYYYYY more than I do Spence.

katnip
12-27-2010, 05:08 PM
OT kinda, but I like Ray Ray Armstrong WAYYYYYY more than I do Spence.

what does OT stand for?

Brent
12-27-2010, 05:10 PM
"off topic"

wicket
12-27-2010, 05:10 PM
what does OT stand for?

Off Topic 10char

BRAVEHEART
12-27-2010, 05:38 PM
sean spence is a midround guy unless he adds more weight on his frame and times well with it. He has the mentality of a big downhill runstopper, but the body of a strong safety. He won't fit many schemes due to size and playstyle, but he might find a niche somewhere. He's a football player.

energizerbunny
12-31-2010, 09:25 PM
He will go 7th-UDFA if he declares... he has good instincts but physically he is not ready to play with men yet. He needs the extra year to develop, next year he could be a solid mid-round selection with the upside to achieve even more.

BUSTKUNTLAWL
01-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I think he's underachieved so far.

He should be a lot better than he is. Needs to get stronger/bigger.

TACKLE
01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
I think he's underachieved so far.

He should be a lot better than he is. Needs to get stronger/bigger.

That's really not true. His play took a bit of a drop off his sophomore season but he has played at an All-American level this year. He's been flying all over the field, making big hits and has been consistently making plays in the backfield. Obviously his size is going to limit him as an NFL prospect but he still has another season at Miami to get bigger and stronger. He will probably start out as a core special teams guy who could develop into a solid WLB for a Tampa 2 team. As a prospect, he reminds me a lot of former FSU OLB, Geno Hayes who is now the starting WLB for the Bucs.