PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round Shockers...

JPP90
12-27-2010, 11:07 PM
What do we all think might happen in the 2011 1st rd that shocks the masses? Like Tyson Alualu in the top 10 or the Texans reaching on Duane Brown in 2008. Here are a few...

*Jake Locker going a lot higher than his critics predict.

*Cam Newton dropping a lot further than his admirers predict.

*edit: nevermind lol

*Pat Devlin going late 1st due to a Pats trade-down, which ya know is coming.

*Jabaal Sheard goes 1st round.

There's a few ideas that would shock people...but could happen.

Scott Wright
12-27-2010, 11:11 PM
*WV CB Brandon Hogan in the 1st round.

The same guy with major character questions and a recently torn ACL?

JPP90
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM

The character questions could have been over-looked by the right team but I hadn't heard about the ACL. That sucks for him. Since he can't workout before the draft obviously he's an UDFA. Hope the Giants steal him.

shylo3716
12-27-2010, 11:21 PM
What do we all think might happen in the 2011 1st rd that shocks the masses? Like Tyson Alualu in the top 10 or the Texans reaching on Duane Brown in 2008. Here are a few...

A.J. Green #1 overall pick

Dallas takes a DL

On a limb here Locker is the #1 QB taken if he out does Newton in workouts

Detroit goes BPA

Kenny Tate Mid 1st Round pick, first Safety off the board(IF stock soars Dallas is the spot for him)

MaxV
12-28-2010, 10:11 AM
This might be another year we see a team reach significantly for an OT prospect.

Not a very impressive class this year for this position (even if top underclassmen declare) imo and there is ALWAYS a big demand.

I don't see a single OT prospect that is worth being picked in the top 10, but it could happen.

Sloopy
12-28-2010, 10:22 AM
This might be another year we see a team reach significantly for an OT prospect.

Not a very impressive class this year for this position (even if top underclassmen declare) imo and there is ALWAYS a big demand.

I don't see a single OT prospect that is worth being picked in the top 10, but it could happen.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sloopy
12-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I could also see the possibility of no DE prospects going in the top 10 in favor of more QB's or as MaxV stated, a reach on an OT

thegreatone
12-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Dallas drafts a QB....

ThePudge
12-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Ok.....Why are the Pats going Quarterback in the 1st Round? They are a team that typically does things their own way, but why a 1st Round QB of all things?

Is Tom Brady slowing down? Has he had an injury prone career? Could the Patriots not use the help on defense?

I think some people are going to be a little surprised when Pat Devlin is still on the board in the 4th Round. Even if Locker/Mallett were available in the mid-late 1st I don't see why New England would go that direction; but Pat Devlin going that high is a little crazy. If you look at the QBs that have snuck into the 1st in the past decade none of them have Pat Devlin's look (average NFL size, average athleticism, average arm, FCS competition.) I just don't know where people are getting the impression that he's special. He was far from from special at Penn State, where Daryll Clark beat him out for a job, and he's far from Joe Flacco's level while at Delaware. He'll get his shot in the NFL but I don't believe any team will think to pull the trigger as high as the draft's first 50 picks.

Sloopy
12-28-2010, 11:07 AM
edit - misread, didn't realize you were talking to the other guy

Grizzlegom
12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Ok.....Why are the Pats going Quarterback in the 1st Round? They are a team that typically does things their own way, but why a 1st Round QB of all things?

Is Tom Brady slowing down? Has he had an injury prone career? Could the Patriots not use the help on defense?

Pretty sure he meant the Pats would trade out of the first and whoever is coming into their spot will be the one taking the QB...

JPP90
12-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Pretty sure he meant the Pats would trade out of the first and whoever is coming into their spot will be the one taking the QB...

Ding ding ding lol wow...thought that was obvious when I said "when the Pats trade down". Unreal.

Btw Pudge..read the title.."shockers". This is for thinking outside the realm of popular opinion so don't get on and bash peoples posts. QB to NE 1st rd would have been nuts, true, but post your own ideas rather than going off on other people.

MaxV
12-28-2010, 11:26 AM
I don't know if Devlin was beat out by Clark at Penn State as much as he was a victim of Seniority.

Devlin's biggest highlight at Penn State came when he threw a deep garbage-time TD pass to Deon Butler against MSU, which pissed Dantonio off a bit.

Controversy aside, that was a very nice throw.

JPP90
12-28-2010, 11:30 AM
I don't know if Devlin was beat out by Clark at Penn State as much as he was a victim of Seniority.

He had to come in and save them that one year vs. Ohio State. I never understood how Clark kept starting because Devlin always looked good when he came in and played and Clark was so damn erratic. Its Penn State...they love those athletes playing QB and did their best this year handing Bolden Jr. a job he didn't deserve.

bruschis4all
12-28-2010, 11:40 AM
He had to come in and save them that one year vs. Ohio State. I never understood how Clark kept starting because Devlin always looked good when he came in and played and Clark was so damn erratic. Its Penn State...they love those athletes playing QB and did their best this year handing Bolden Jr. a job he didn't deserve.

Urban myth. He didn't save them against OSU. Didn't complete a pass. Drew a defensive pass interference call on OSU and scored on a 1yd qb sneak. Devlin should have stayed at PSU and he'd have had a good receiving corp to work with this past year. Clark was a good college qb. Not great. Just good. Devlin bailed on the program and PSU paid for it this year.

My biggest surprise is M. Leshure going before Mark Ingram.

http://bwi.rivals.com/boxscore.asp?Game=30827&Team=PENNST

ThePudge
12-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Ding ding ding lol wow...thought that was obvious when I said "when the Pats trade down". Unreal.

Btw Pudge..read the title.."shockers". This is for thinking outside the realm of popular opinion so don't get on and bash peoples posts. QB to NE 1st rd would have been nuts, true, but post your own ideas rather than going off on other people.

That explains my response. It was because I thought you were implying that. I can see that I misread or misunderstood what you really meant. I still don't think Devlin touches the draft's first 50 picks, but as long as it's not New England taking him, I can agree more than before.

A couple shocker projections for late December...

- Maryland Jr. Torrey Smith is the fourth receiver drafted, behind Green/Jones/Blackmon.

- No Quarterback will be drafted in the Second Round (unless Blaine Gabbert declares.)

- J.J. Watt goes higher than Big Ten Ends Adrian Clayborn and Cameron Heyward.

- Lance Kendricks is the first Tight End drafted, somewhere in the draft's first 40 picks.

MaxV
12-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Urban myth. He didn't save them against OSU. Didn't complete a pass. Drew a defensive pass interference call on OSU and scored on a 1yd qb sneak. Devlin should have stayed at PSU and he'd have had a good receiving corp to work with this past year. Clark was a good college qb. Not great. Just good. Devlin bailed on the program and PSU paid for it this year.

My biggest surprise is M. Leshure going before Mark Ingram.

http://bwi.rivals.com/boxscore.asp?Game=30827&Team=PENNST

I'm a Penn State fan and it would have been nice to have him this season, but I can't agree with you here.

Pat only had 1 more year of eligibility then Clark and anything can happen. What if he gets injured? NFL scouts would never even consider him as a prospect.

At Delaware, he got 2 full seasons.

I think it was the right decision.

JPP90
12-28-2010, 11:46 AM
A.J. Green #1 overall pick

Dallas takes a DL

On a limb here Locker is the #1 QB taken if he out does Newton in workouts

Detroit goes BPA

Kenny Tate Mid 1st Round pick, first Safety off the board(IF stock soars Dallas is the spot for him)

Not bad. Green could go #1 if Luck stays. Tate is a nice prediction and Locker over Newton and Mallett is certainly outside of popular opinion lol

BandwagonPunditry
12-28-2010, 11:47 AM
This is for thinking outside the realm of popular opinion

You've predicted an over-analysed player will be drafted higher than people think, an over-hyped player will be drafted lower, the Pats will make a trade and a decent prospect will go in the first round. I salute your intentions but they're hardly the most ambitious predictions ever made.

GloryDaysRBack
12-28-2010, 11:53 AM
Dallas drafts a QB....

You are playing the game correctly. It indeed would be a shocker if Dallas selected a qb in round 1...mainly bc the likelihood of that happening is 0

DiG
12-28-2010, 11:54 AM
ill go out on a limb with a couple:

-Von Miller in the top 15

-Only 1 DT in the top 10

-One of the big 4 QBs falls out of the first round

A couple shocker projections for late December...

- Maryland Jr. Torrey Smith is the fourth receiver drafted, behind Green/Jones/Blackmon.

not sure that would be much of a shocker

shylo3716
12-28-2010, 11:54 AM
You are playing the game correctly. It indeed would be a shocker if Dallas selected a qb in round 1...mainly bc the likelihood of that happening is 0

I said that in a thread couple months ago and got bashed for thinking Mallett would be the pick, but now I say Kenny Tate.

ThePudge
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Not bad. Green could go #1 if Luck stays. Tate is a nice prediction and Locker over Newton and Mallett is certainly outside of popular opinion lol

What's your thing with Newton?

You do realize that not one person on this site has said he's the best prospect in this draft. Some people like him more than your boy Jake Locker mostly because of the respective seasons they've had.

God knows you'd consider me a Newton admirer, which I think is a little intense for someone that has 5 prospects graded higher than Cam at this point (Luck, Green, Peterson, Bowers, Fairley.)

If I'm a Newton admirer then what does that make me for those five?

Face it, because Newton is enormous, athletic, and was the best player in college football this past year there are going to be people that like him more than the consensus #1 prospect coming into the season (Jake Locker.) If Locker had improved this season I can say for sure that I'd have had him graded above Cam right now, but he didn't, so I don't. I'm pretty sure this site is split pretty much right down the middle on those two prospects.

shylo3716
12-28-2010, 11:55 AM
ill go out on a limb with a couple:

-Von Miller in the top 15

-Only 1 DT in the top 10

-One of the big 4 QBs falls out of the first round

not sure that would be much of a shocker

WOW.....which 1 are you projecting?

GloryDaysRBack
12-28-2010, 12:00 PM
I said that in a thread couple months ago and got bashed for thinking Mallett would be the pick, but now I say Kenny Tate.

Kenny Tate at #6 or #7 overall? Trade down? Maybe...I would much rather stay put and select a blue chip player.

SchizophrenicBatman
12-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Cameron Hayward falls out of round 1

Babylon
12-28-2010, 01:43 PM

You do realize that not one person on this site has said he's the best prospect in this draft. Some people like him more than your boy Jake Locker mostly because of the respective seasons they've had.

God knows you'd consider me a Newton admirer, which I think is a little intense for someone that has 5 prospects graded higher than Cam at this point (Luck, Green, Peterson, Bowers, Fairley.)

Face it, because Newton is enormous, athletic, and was the best player in college football this past year there are going to be people that like him more than the consensus #1 prospect coming into the season (Jake Locker.) If Locker had improved this season I can say for sure that I'd have had him graded above Cam right now, but he didn't, so I don't. I'm pretty sure this site is split pretty much right down the middle on those two prospects.

I would say JPP90 is barely a big Jake Locker fan or am i missing something.

PACKmanN
12-28-2010, 01:53 PM
if Julio Jones comes out, he falls to the second round.

prock
12-28-2010, 01:55 PM
That is a bold statement. I would say Julio goes top 10 is more likely than him falling out of the first round.

PACKmanN
12-28-2010, 02:03 PM
That is a bold statement. I would say Julio goes top 10 is more likely than him falling out of the first round.

i see him as a mid-first round guy; teams might question his hands and route running. Not only that, but his numbers vs. the better corners in College. If he tests well, that could save him from falling, but as of right now, I see him falling to the second round.

FUNBUNCHER
12-28-2010, 02:10 PM
WR Floyd falls to the middle of the 2nd round, poor pro day and combine.

34 OLB/ 43 DE Robert Quinn goes in the top 5. Runs a sub 4.5 at the combine at a weight of 260#.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
12-28-2010, 02:11 PM
Cam Newton will not be drafted in round 1, after the interviews red flag come up and he goes early round2.

Mr. Goosemahn
12-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I know I'm not the only one who thought of this:

http://blog.ugo.com/images/uploads/shocker-2.jpg

That being said, I'd be surprised if any RB called Mark Ingram is selected early-mid first. I could see one in the twenties, but definitely not before.

Babylon
12-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Surprisingly these 5 Pac-10 guys end up in the first round:

Mason Foster (Washington)
Matt Kalil (USC)
Stephen Paea (Oregon St.)
Nick Foles (Arizona)
David DeCastro (Stanford)

midwestpatsfan
12-28-2010, 02:34 PM
My crazy draft scenario will be that Blaine Gabbert is the 2nd QB drafted and it is early in the 1st round, if he comes out of course.

Grizzlegom
12-28-2010, 02:52 PM
My crazy draft scenario will be that Blaine Gabbert is the 2nd QB drafted and it is early in the 1st round, if he comes out of course.

Todd McShay, is that you?

SickwithIt1010
12-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Surprisingly these 5 Pac-10 guys end up in the first round:

Mason Foster (Washington)
Matt Kalil (USC)
Stephen Paea (Oregon St.)
Nick Foles (Arizona)
David DeCastro (Stanford)

Matt Kalil hasnt declared has he?

prock
12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Has there been anything suggesting Foles will come out?

Razor
12-28-2010, 02:57 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Foles intends to return to school.

ThePudge
12-28-2010, 03:18 PM
I would say JPP90 is barely a big Jake Locker fan or am i missing something.

I kind of just assumed he was "Jake Locker" or that poster that was here. Based on his predictions, the name (the guy is a Giants fan), and the amount of time he's been here. I guess I could have been wrong, I don't know that he was ever banned under his other username.

Babylon
12-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Matt Kalil hasnt declared has he?

Not yet, as is the case with most underclassmen. My guess is he'll ask for a grade from the NFL. Keep in mind USC isnt going to a bowl next year either.

I think he's potentially the best tackle that is draft eligible, not as advanced but potentially the best.

brasho
12-28-2010, 04:14 PM
The character questions could have been over-looked by the right team but I hadn't heard about the ACL. That sucks for him. Since he can't workout before the draft obviously he's an UDFA. Hope the Giants steal him.

I know enough people that know Hogan personally to tell you he is a turd with a capital "T". It took 2 minutes of conversation for that much to come out from people close to him...I wouldn't be surprised if he drops out of round 3 now with the ACL.

brasho
12-28-2010, 04:17 PM

I think if Gabbert lights it up tonight he will be a 1st rounder, especially if Luck decides not to come out... if Luck decides not to come out we might see many junior QBs declare: Newton, Gabbert, Foles, and Pryor would all have to put a lot more thought into coming out if they knew the top spot wasn't secured... not that any but Newton or Gabbert would have ANY shot at being high #1 picks.

Master Exploder
12-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Jake Locker falls to the 2nd round.

JPP90
12-29-2010, 01:43 AM

First of all I don't give a damn what some jamoche named "The Pudge" on a forum thinks of Newton. Like you, a lot of people think the most exciting and dynamic college football player=great NFL prospect. I don't. Fun to watch, until they line up against Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher. Heard it with Young, heard it with Bush. Both those guys...now they were "can't miss" talking to people like you in 2005.

And you're wrong too...I've seen a few people on here post that they'd tale Newton over Luck. Or that if Luck doesn't come out, Newton should be #1 overall. Don't under-estimate your fellow posters.

JPP90
12-29-2010, 02:07 AM
You've predicted an over-analysed player will be drafted higher than people think, an over-hyped player will be drafted lower, the Pats will make a trade and a decent prospect will go in the first round. I salute your intentions but they're hardly the most ambitious predictions ever made.

Yeah Mel Kiper wouldn't say they're outlandish whatsoever but I think if you polled this forum...the overwhelming majority of posters here would be shocked if Locker goes before Newton. Its just the mentality overall. And Devlin 1st round, needless to say, would get a lot of people here juiced up. He isn't the most popular QB prospect to say the least, but I like him and he's the kind of guy that a team could easily fall in love with. He's not Flacco but he's still big and can make all the throws. Highly, highly efficient and a smart QB. But playing at Delaware will be his biggest drawback. There's no way Flacco goes 1st round if there was a legit 1st round QB after Matt Ryan. Baltimore basically created one. Maybe after the big names are gone and a team like Buffalo or Arizona possibly passed on QB,they see the opportunity to move up a few spots and grab him. N.E. is always game for a tradedown. That's my thinking on it.

Wrathman
12-29-2010, 02:12 AM
Mike Mayock loses his voice in the 3rd round.

LookItsAlDavis
12-29-2010, 02:12 AM
I guess it would shock people when Gabbert goes on day three. I'm not going off of tonight's game either. The dude is terrible. Someone who goes surprisingly early could be any of the offensive tackles. There's no clear-cut favorite so all the teams could have extremely different opinions. Once the first ones taken, there is sure to be a reach shortly after, like Duane Brown or Sam Baker.

thebow305
12-29-2010, 02:36 AM
Tyron Smith first OT off the board. Maybe Mike Adams if he declares.

RealityCheck
12-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Colin Kaepernick not only being a first round pick, but the #14 overall pick as he'll be taken by the Vikings since Mallett, Locker and Newton will be all gone.

Either Cameron Heyward, Allen Bailey or Adrian Clayborn will fall out of the 1st round.

Zero RBs will be taken in the 1st round.

The Patriots will select two OLBs in Ryan Kerrigan and Justin Houston.

A sleeper team will take one of the top 3 QBs (Dallas, Tennessee or Washington)

And finally, Robert Quinn blows up the combine and goes #3 overall to the Bengals.

SenorGato
12-29-2010, 09:20 AM
A shocker to me would be for the Jets to actually draft on of this bunch in the first two rounds:

Dareus
Heyward
Ballard
Guy
Powe
Fairley
Ellis
Jordan
Wilkerson
Quinn
Miller
Kerrigan

And it's not cool.

DiG
12-29-2010, 09:21 AM

how is wash a sleeper team to take a qb?

nofalcons10
12-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Colin Kaepernick not only being a first round pick, but the #14 overall pick as he'll be taken by the Vikings since Mallett, Locker and Newton will be all gone.

Either Cameron Heyward, Allen Bailey or Adrian Clayborn will fall out of the 1st round.

Zero RBs will be taken in the 1st round.

The Patriots will select two OLBs in Ryan Kerrigan and Justin Houston.

And finally, Robert Quinn blows up the combine and goes #3 overall to the Bengals.

I really hope the pats don't like Justin Houston. I have my fingers crossed that he falls to the saints in the late first round, but i can definitely see him going top 15 to the Pats. I'd be so jealous if you guys nabbed him.

Houston and Watt are my primary targets in round one, If the saints can't get a pass rusher then i fully expect us to pursue a Running back, safety or corner.

thebow305
12-29-2010, 11:19 AM
I'd also say that either Heyward or Clayborn could fall out of the first, Bailey is too much of a physical freak to not get taken somewhere in the 1st.

Matthew Jones
12-29-2010, 11:22 AM
I give this thread one index finger, one middle finger, and one pinky up.

As far as my surprises:

- Justin Blackmon and/or Jonathan Baldwin falling out of the first round
- Nate Solder or Tyron Smith as the top offensive tackle drafted
- Cameron Heyward/Adrian Clayborn falling out of the first round
- Drake Nevis being taken in the top half of the first round

bored of education
12-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Mason Foster being drafted in the first.

cajuncorey
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM

As far as my surprises:

i have pondered all these and completly agree that all these are capable of happening

ThePudge
12-29-2010, 01:09 PM

As far as my surprises:

I think the only thing you mentioned that would be surprising would be Blackmon falling out of the first or Nevis going in the first 16 picks. The rest are things that could even be likely.

RJS113
12-29-2010, 05:55 PM
This may not end up being a surprise come draft day, but I think Nate Irving ends up being taken in the first round.

SRK85
12-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Cam Newton gets picked in the top 15 and Pat Delvin gets drafted by round 3.

TACKLE
12-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Mason Foster being drafted in the first.

Mason Foster > Bruce Carter

Master Exploder
12-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Cam Newton gets picked in the top 15 and Pat Delvin gets drafted by round 3.

I really don't think either one of those are going to be a big shocker. I fully expect Cam Newton to be picked before pick 15 and I think Pat Devlin could very well go in the 2nd round.

NotRickJames
12-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah, Brandon Hogan is bad news. Went to high school near him. Then again, there'll still be a team willing to overlook any type of character concerns.

jayceheathman
12-30-2010, 03:06 AM

Cromartie had a torn ACL and got selected in the first.

RaiderNation
12-30-2010, 03:15 AM
-Cam Newton goes top 5
-Tyron Smith is a top 15 pick
-4 QB's will be taken in the top 12
-Ingram the only RB taken in the 1st
-Dont be surpised to see a Senior DL(Clayborn, Dareus, Paea, Jordan or Bailey) fall into the 2nd with all the underclassmen
-Gabbert will be a top 40 pick
-Michael Floyd will be the 3rd best WR in this draft(Baldwin or Blackmon bust)
-Brandon Harris could go top 15 with a great combine IMO
-Jerrel Jernigan will be a impact rookie that gets drafted in the 2nd
-Dont believe the Nate Solder 1st round talk

DiG
12-30-2010, 07:58 AM
-Dont believe the Nate Solder 1st round talk

nate potter >>>>>> nate solder

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
12-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Could Devlin work his way into the late 1st Round?

MassNole
12-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Probably not.
------------------------------------------

If Nigel Bradham goes pro early, is Combine results could entice some team into a bad Round 1 decision.

MassNole
12-30-2010, 08:30 AM
Tye Hill was the first CB off the board in 2006, not Cro.

A Perfect Score
12-30-2010, 08:32 AM

Cromartie was also twice the prospect and twice the physical speciman Hogan is. There is really no comparison between them as prospects, Cromartie was head and shoulders over where Hogan has ever been draft stock wise. Dumb to even toss his name out.

MassNole
12-30-2010, 08:35 AM
Cromartie was also twice the prospect and twice the physical speciman Hogan is. There is really no comparison between them as prospects, Cromartie was head and shoulders over where Hogan has ever been draft stock wise. Dumb to even toss his name out.
Not to mention he was All ACC as a Sophomore when he only "started" one game despite seeing a majority of the snaps. Cro was a physical freak who would have been a Top 5 pick had he not been injured.

Grizzlegom
12-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Could Devlin work his way into the late 1st Round?

While I'd love to see it happen as you probably couldn't find a bigger Devlin fan than me, I really don't think it will. His arm strength isn't elite and his deep ball and deep accuracy are suspect as a result. Very similar prospect to John Beck if for anyone who remembers him coming out. Very cerebral, doesn't make mistakes, great mechanics and short accuracy, quick release but just doesn't have the elite arm. I expect him to stay in the 2nd-4th range depending on which other QBs come out.

Tom Servo
12-30-2010, 09:03 AM
3 Big Ten DE's go in the top 15

Browns trade down in the first round 3 times

mario
12-30-2010, 09:45 AM
Both Greg Jones and Drake Nevis are avalaible in the 3rd round.

Greg McElroy is drafted before the 5th round.

Davon House is the 3rd CB off the board (4th if Brandon Harris foregoes Sr. year).

JPP90
12-30-2010, 09:56 AM
Not to mention he was All ACC as a Sophomore when he only "started" one game despite seeing a majority of the snaps. Cro was a physical freak who would have been a Top 5 pick had he not been injured.

Watch Hogan..his ball skills are phenomenal. Very similar to an Asante Samuel and he will probably make a similar impact if his ACL doesn't take anything away from him. Samuel was a 5th rd pick too so its not uncommon for these guys on the shorter side from lesser schools to get overlooked for guys 6-6'2 who can't play the position in the NFL. I won't defend his character though..I realize Hogan is a horrible person. But from watching him every week the guy is a stud at CB. Always around the ball and always on his man. Whoever gets him has a stud if he stays out of trouble.

Cromartie more often resembles burnt toast than anything else. That guy is one of the leading factors in the Jets defensive crumbling. He and Drew Coleman. But hey, they got what they asked for.

LonghornsLegend
12-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Terrelle Pryor going in the 1st round as a WR. Someone is gonna do it.

Monomach
12-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, crap. My shocker was going to be Drake Nevis in the first, but ROP went and beat me by putting him in the top 16.

JPP90
12-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Terrelle Pryor going in the 1st round as a WR. Someone is gonna do it.

Lol. He's got a long road ahead of him to play WR..like learning the position.

LonghornsLegend
12-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Lol. He's got a long road ahead of him to play WR..like learning the position.

Of course, but so did Matt Jones and every other QB who changes positions. That still doesn't change the fact that someone will fall in love and take him in the 1st round, it only takes 1 team.

Morton
12-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Terrelle Pryor with Buffalo's first round pick as their "QB of the future" to groom under Fitzpatrick.

A Perfect Score
12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
Terrelle Pryor with Buffalo's first round pick as their "QB of the future" to groom under Fitzpatrick.

Hahahahahahahaha

Yeah. There is no way on hell that happens. if they draft an overly athletic running qb it will be newton or locker. Pryor will be lucky to make it into th first as a wr let alone the top 10 as a qb

onejayhawk
12-30-2010, 01:04 PM
The Chiefs trade out of the first round, a la New England.

Dallas trades up to take a QB.

Denver trades up to take a RB

New Orleans takes an OL

J

JPP90
12-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Of course, but so did Matt Jones and every other QB who changes positions. That still doesn't change the fact that someone will fall in love and take him in the 1st round, it only takes 1 team.

There's really not a whole lot to fall in love with there honestly. And let's not forget...he thinks he's a QB. And not just a QB but the GOAT.

TheFinisher
01-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Dallas drafts Mark Ingram

JPP90
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM

If he played for Oklahoma or Texas/Tech/A&M/SMU/TCU...maybe

TheFinisher
01-10-2011, 10:48 PM
If he played for Oklahoma or Texas/Tech/A&M/SMU/TCU...maybe

I can't even remember the last player we drafted out of any of those schools you named. Maybe Roy Williams in '02.

ellsy82
01-11-2011, 01:02 AM

I think its pretty obvious that Dallas will draft a 3-4 defensive end with their first pick. The only person they have on the right side of that defensive line is a warm body with a twisted name.

I'm guessing Dareus, Bailey, or Watt (if they declare).

TheFinisher
01-11-2011, 08:34 AM
I think its pretty obvious that Dallas will draft a 3-4 defensive end with their first pick. The only person they have on the right side of that defensive line is a warm body with a twisted name.

I'm guessing Dareus, Bailey, or Watt (if they declare).

This thread is titled "1st Round Shockers".

DeathbyStat
01-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Cam Jordan drafted by the Cowboys

Morton
01-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Jerry Jones trades his whole draft for Nick Fairley.

AntoinCD
01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
One of Patrick Peterson, AJ Green or Prince Amukamara drop out of the top 10 because 5 defensive linemen and 3 QBs will go top ten

Fairley, Dareus, Quinn, Bowers, Watt/Jordan

Newton, Gabbert, Mallett

Morton
01-11-2011, 12:31 PM
No way Peterson or Green drop. Maybe Amukamara.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Colorado CB Jimmy Smith goes Top 20

Brown Leader
01-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Jabaal Sheard in the 1st.

TACKLE
01-11-2011, 03:51 PM
Colorado CB Jimmy Smith goes Top 20

I like this one. Good call.

Martez Wilson in the 1st.

brasho
01-11-2011, 04:31 PM
A shocker at this point? Some team that skips on a QB early in round 1, trades back into round 1 at the end and picks up Colin Kaepernick... this all depends on how he looks at the Senior Bowl... I think he could go in there and boost his stock more than any other prospect.

I also think his Nevada teammate, Dontay Moch, could suprise and land in round 1. With his speed and his habit of being incredibly disruptive no matter who he lines up over makes him a candidate for the "it only takes one team to love him" approach to the draft.

A surprise in the other direction? Adrian Clayborn falls OUT of the first round.

49erNation85
01-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Locker will be the first QB taken if not second to SF .

RealityCheck
01-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Five. Yes, 1-2-3-4-5 QBs in the Top 15.

princefielder28
01-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Five. Yes, 1-2-3-4-5 QBs in the Top 15.

haha that's gotta be a joke

Mallet, Gabbert and Newton are the only ones who deserve any consideration that high

RealityCheck
01-11-2011, 04:56 PM
haha that's gotta be a joke

Mallet, Gabbert and Newton are the only ones who deserve any consideration that high
Locker surely doesn't, but the media loves to kiss his ass and probably some NFL team does too.

And Kaepernick... you remember Flacco and Freeman.

princefielder28
01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Locker surely doesn't, but the media loves to kiss his ass and probably some NFL team does too.

Where is Kaepernick going in the first round coming from???

RealityCheck
01-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Where is Kaepernick going in the first round coming from???
6'6", 225, the best college career of all QB prospects, solid accuracy, very, very strong arm, extremely high character guy and incredibly smart.

Jack203
01-11-2011, 09:25 PM
6'6", 225, the best college career of all QB prospects, solid accuracy, very, very strong arm, extremely high character guy and incredibly smart.

So Kaepernick is ahead of Enderle and McElroy?

nlgb1
01-12-2011, 04:06 AM
greg little sneaks into the latter half of the 1st round

...still no idea why hes not considered a 1st round prospect

brasho
01-12-2011, 06:05 AM

Yes, Freeman was pick #17 and Flacco was in the 20's.

I stated a long time ago that there would be 5 QBs taken in round 1 (I also stated in 2009 that out of Bradford, Tebow, and Clausen that Luck was the best collegiate to pro NFL QB) but that was before Luck decided to return to school. At that time I figured all 5 would/could go top 16... still, I wouldn't be shocked to see 5 QBs go 1st round, but top 15 is really far-fetched.

Morton
01-12-2011, 06:55 AM
Is it possible for Blane Gabbert to be picked in the top 3?

holt_bruce81
01-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Is it possible for Blane Gabbert to be picked in the top 3?

It wouldn't shock me, But I think he ends up in the NFC West, Arizona or San Fran. He'll go top 10.

JaxJag_1
01-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Colin Kaepernick.... the best college career of all QB prospects,

I'm assuming you mean best college career of all QB prospects not named Andy Dalton who broke every TCU passing record held by Sammy Baugh and Davey O'Brien. Dalton won 42 games (3rd all-time in NCAA history) and won 3 bowl games, being MVP all 3 times.

AntoinCD
01-12-2011, 08:20 AM
No way Peterson or Green drop. Maybe Amukamara.

Lack of definite need for CB that high, plus a lot of teams may have concerns about Peterson's ability to play CB. Not a huge chance but definitely a chance he could fall. I would be surprised though if he gets past Dallas.

AJ Green could definitely fall with a poor offseason. Definitely a top WR prospect but he wont test well. He is extremely well refined and runs very good routes etc but I wouldn't be surprised if he ran worse than 4.5 at the combine/pro day. If it happens though someone will get a steal and get the #2 player in the draft

Morton
01-12-2011, 08:45 AM
I repeat: there is no way either Peterson or Green fall past the #5 pick. It's not happening. I'll bet money on it.

Keep it real
01-12-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm assuming you mean best college career of all QB prospects not named Andy Dalton who broke every TCU passing record held by Sammy Baugh and Davey O'Brien. Dalton won 42 games (3rd all-time in NCAA history) and won 3 bowl games, being MVP all 3 times.

Not going to argue which player is better, (could argue that Dalton had a better supporting cast). Very interesting though that these guys have similar career passing stats. Dalton - 10,314yds and 71TDs with a career rating of 140.7 Kaepernick - 10,098yds and 82TDs with a career rating of 142.5
Kaepernick does dominate in rushing yds and TDs, and holds numerous NCAA records.

Monomach
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Mikel Leshoure isn't a first round shocker, but I predict he goes before Ingram. Does that count?