PDA

View Full Version : Da'Rel Scott, RB, Maryland

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
The guy has sub 4.35 speed. Senior RB

5'11 205 pounds , today he has 13 carries 200 yards 16.2/per rush 2 TD 91 long

i think with this huge game, and if he can go to the combine and run a 4.3/40, he could be a round 3 type running back. Reminds me of Jamal Charles.

ElectricEye
12-29-2010, 05:02 PM
http://counterkicks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/adidas-slim-chin-remix.jpg

Nobody on ECU can catch him today. Really good talent, but he'll have trouble staying on the field/being an every down player. Should be a good second running back and a possible third down back. Reminds me a lot of Mike Goodson.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
12-29-2010, 05:13 PM
He has had some bad luck with injuries, but he is easily top 5 fastest player in the DRAFT right now. He should light up the combine and pro day. track guy sub 4.35 speed.

ThePudge
12-29-2010, 05:25 PM
He has had some bad luck with injuries, but he is easily top 5 fastest player in the DRAFT right now. He should light up the combine and pro day. track guy sub 4.35 speed.

Bad luck with injuries? He's had injury problems dating back to high school, I think it's fair to say that he's an injury-prone guy... not necessarily an unlucky one. Had he been healthier during his college career he could have made some noise on draft day, but as of now, I don't see him drafted anywhere before the 4th Round or so. Very fast, he's a track guy as you mentioned. He could be a potential steal on the draft's third day as a speed back capable of returning kicks.

FUNBUNCHER
12-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Jammal Charles, except brittle.

Duffman57
12-29-2010, 07:43 PM
I've always been a big fan of his and Coopers (of course i liked the two guys who got destroyed with injuries....). He's a beast, but right now, he's a 3rd down back at best. He's got alot of moves and has got TONS of speed. He's too brittle to be anything more than a 10 touch a game guy (including catches, and runs, not KR's though he might be able to do that.)

brat316
01-19-2011, 10:26 PM
He just doesn't have the explosiveness out of his stance or to hit the whole. I like Carter from 'Cuse better.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
He just doesn't have the explosiveness out of his stance or to hit the whole. I like Carter from 'Cuse better.

Are you nuts lol your fking with you, because you know i ama HUGE HUGE TERP FAn right? lol funny

Scott is a track guy and runs in the 4.30-4.33 range all the time.
had a 91 yard TD run in the Terp bowl game.

brat316
01-20-2011, 12:13 AM
He has the speed when he breaks free. But at the line sometimes he just doesn't show his speed. Look at the Cal game.

brasho
01-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Track speed and field speed are two different things. I remember running a 4.50 in college and covering guys running posts that were supposed 4.3's that couldn't get me out of my backpedal giving a 7 yard cushion. Some guys aren't THAT fast until they get out in the open and can relax and run in a perfectly straight line. I haven't seen Scott accelerate into the line very quickly in the past and his huge game against ECU was more a result of blocking up front, bad angles, than Scott having the LONG speed to pull away.

REDSKINSWARRIOR82
01-20-2011, 11:57 AM
DaRel Scott has both Track speed and football speed, I mean what tape are you guys watching. Does he bounce at time at the line show what young Rb doesn't.But trust me when he has a whole its bye bye time. because no one on the field will catch him, i have seen him play for 4 years at THE U of Maryland. and i can remind him been caught from the back mmmm maybe 2 times in4 years. Once he gets into high gear in the open field or passes the LBs its over bring on the bang. Her eminds he alot of Fast Willie Parker.
Folks are saying he doesnthave explosive from the line, or he gets hurt to much. But i know this some team in round 4 -6 when they pick him is getting a big steal. If he gets in a zone blocking offense like Redskins run or Texans or broncos ,Ravens its over for the defenses he faces..

brasho
01-20-2011, 12:05 PM
DaRel Scott has both Track speed and football speed, I mean what tape are you guys watching. Does he bounce at time at the line show what young Rb doesn't.But trust me when he has a whole its bye bye time. because no one on the field will catch him, i have seen him play for 4 years at THE U of Maryland. and i can remind him been caught from the back mmmm maybe 2 times in4 years. Once he gets into high gear in the open field or passes the LBs its over bring on the bang. Her eminds he alot of Fast Willie Parker.
Folks are saying he doesnthave explosive from the line, or he gets hurt to much. But i know this some team in round 4 -6 when they pick him is getting a big steal. If he gets in a zone blocking offense like Redskins run or Texans or broncos ,Ravens its over for the defenses he faces..

I don't think him not getting caught from behind and him running to the line hesitantly are really related. Put it this way, he doesn't always hit the hole hard or at/near full speed. He doesn't look like a 4.4 guy until he gets out in the open. Another thing he lacks that you'd like to see more of is the quickness necessary to actually use his speed to turn the corner...he's kind of straight linish with his speed. He's fast, no doubt, but he doesn't always play up to his speed.

DiG
01-20-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't think him not getting caught from behind and him running to the line hesitantly are really related. Put it this way, he doesn't always hit the hole hard or at/near full speed. He doesn't look like a 4.4 guy until he gets out in the open. Another thing he lacks that you'd like to see more of is the quickness necessary to actually use his speed to turn the corner...he's kind of straight linish with his speed. He's fast, no doubt, but he doesn't always play up to his speed.

I would agree with this analysis. My biggest concern though is that watching Scott over the years he actually looks like he has regressed through injuries and time. As a freshman he was much more explosive and quick through the lanes.