PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards - QB

Merlin
03-21-2007, 12:14 PM
http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#stanford

Maybe QB is on the Bucs radar after all!?!

He was very impressive. He had dinner the night before with Mike Martz (Lions) and met immediately afterward with a contingent of Browns coaches. Assistants from Tampa Bay (Paul Hackett) and the Jets (Brian Schottenheimer) plan to have private workouts with Edwards soon.

Edwards (218 pounds) worked out on March 20 at Stanford's practice field before a host of NFL personnel, including Bill Walsh, Detroit offensive coordinator Mike Martz, Baltimore offensive coordinator Rick Neuheisel, Kansas City assistant head coach Dick Curl, six quarterbacks coaches (including Atlanta's Bill Musgrave) and four coaches from the Cleveland Browns (including assistant head coach Rip Scherer. His hands were measured at 10 inches. In rainy conditions, he completed 57 of 60 passes. Edwards threw to three receivers from former Cal head coach Roger Theder's camp. Edwards also ran two 40s in the 4.70s on Tartan Turf.

Caddy
03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
No thanks. If the we bring another QB to camp whose name is not Brady Quinn I would be shocked. I would rather stick with Garcia/Simms than grab a guy like Edwdards. However if Stanton were to slip to Day 2...

etk
03-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Sounds great, take away Simms or even Gradkowski and I'd love to draft him on the 2nd day. Too bad we don't have room for him at Gruden's 4-man QB clinic.

Caddy
03-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Sounds great, take away Simms or even Gradkowski and I'd love to draft him on the 2nd day. Too bad we don't have room for him at Gruden's 4-man QB clinic.

If Plummer comes to camp it'll be 6 :). With Simms, Gradkowski, Plummer, Garcia, McCown and Bruce "Round Mound of Touchdown" Eugene.