PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Florida State Seminoles

MassNole
12-31-2010, 10:00 PM
The E.J. Manuel is upon us, who now sports a 6-2 record with New Years Day(ish) bowl wins. The OL has 2 big losses in Hudson and McMahon, but FSU returns a sick quartet of CBs and an experienced DL.

I think they'll easily be the ACC favorites and probably a preseason Top 10 team.

Thoughts?

JoeJoeBrown
12-31-2010, 10:03 PM
I was impressed. FSU should have run the ball a lot more.

BigJohn98
12-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Not preseason top 10, but next year is absolutely ACC champions or bust. They now have the talent and the coaching. It's time to get back to owning this conference.

ThePudge
12-31-2010, 10:28 PM
The fact that they retain their entire Defensive Line and Defensive Backfield make them my preseason favorites to win the ACC. EJ Manuel and that run game have a lot of potential. I doubt they'll be among the nation's elite but they may very well be the best team in Florida and best in the ACC.

BigJohn98
12-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Just read on twitter than Nigel Bradham is coming back next year. Good decision. Still has a lot to learn.

MassNole
01-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Just read on twitter than Nigel Bradham is coming back next year. Good decision. Still has a lot to learn.
Awesome news, he definitely needs another year of coaching.

shylo3716
01-01-2011, 10:28 AM
E.J. is the next big thing

Rabscuttle
01-01-2011, 11:18 AM
It looks like a good recruiting class coming in and the team has a nice bowl win over an SEC team to finish the season after not closing out a couple games this year.

A pretty good opening season for Jimbo, but a statement win over Oklahoma next season would be a nice sign that the program is fast-tracked on its way back to where it once was.

shylo3716
01-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I really hope Demar Dorsey makes it to the next level.

MassNole
01-01-2011, 04:14 PM
It looks like a good recruiting class coming in and the team has a nice bowl win over an SEC team to finish the season after not closing out a couple games this year.

A pretty good opening season for Jimbo, but a statement win over Oklahoma next season would be a nice sign that the program is fast-tracked on its way back to where it once was.
Oklahoma is probably the one game FSU won't be favored in during the preseason going into 2011. A win in that game early on, especially after how this season went, and FSU COULD go 12-0. Reasonably I would expect 10-2 to 11-1.

BigJohn98
01-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Jadeveon Clowney is visiting FSU officially this weekend after the Under Armour AA game.

I've been surprisingly confident in the last month and a half or so. James Wilder was an after thought for coming to FSU, but he spent a whole weekend here instead of being at Friday Night Lights, and the coaches sold him. I trust this coaching staff. I think Jimbo and co. can work their magic again.

There was a little update on Warchant on Clowney. He said that he was "very impressed" with how FSU's D performed against South Carolina. He also mentioned that he has watched most of FSU's games this year. I think we have a better chance at getting Clowney than most think. The biggest thing will be selling his mother.

It also helps that Karlos Williams and Wilder(pretty sure he's visiting) will be here this weekend

EDIT:Now Clowney has rescheduled his visit for Jan. 28th because of an award presentation this weekend. We get the last visit.

MassNole
01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
5 Things: 2010 Defensive Edition - Tomahawk Nation (http://www.tomahawknation.com/2011/1/5/1916610/5-things-2010-defensive-edition)

Wow the improvement in just one year is staggering, especially the development of Brandon Jenkins. In two games where he went up against elite NFL prospects (BC and BYU) he dominated. He could very well hold every major defensive record for a FSU DL by the time he ends (Sacks and TFLs).

BigJohn98
01-06-2011, 11:08 AM
It's amazing what actual coaching can do.

MassNole
01-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Rumor floating around 2012 mega recruit Mario Edwards Jr. may have pulled the trigger.

BigJohn98
01-07-2011, 09:47 AM
Our defensive end class next year will be better than this years.

MassNole
01-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Now THAT is scary.....what seems scarier if FSU actually appears to be giving Clowney something to think about.

BigJohn98
01-07-2011, 10:07 AM
Rumors swirling that Aaron Lynch is re-opening his recruitment AGAIN.
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/3938-aaron-lynch-to-reopen-recruitment

MassNole
01-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Apparently Lonnie Pryor had some minor knee surgery today (per his Facebook page), just sounds like maintenance work after the season.

MassNole
01-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Rumors swirling that Aaron Lynch is re-opening his recruitment AGAIN.
http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/notre-dame-football-recruiting/3938-aaron-lynch-to-reopen-recruitment
Per Bud Elliott at TomahawkNation....

What we know right now:
- The talented defensive end's mother told Irish Sports Daily that he is re-opening his recruitment will take a visit to Notre Dame this weekend. Lynch was committed to Notre Dame before flipping to Florida State.
- Lynch's mother has been quite vocal about her preference for Aaron to attend Notre Dame. I don't believe any report about him de-committing until Aaron, and not his mother, says it.
- Lynch has pulled his Facebook page down.
- Lynch is still set to enroll at Florida State on Monday. It is believed that he cannot early-enroll at Notre Dame (different academic standards) like he could at Florida State.
- I think Lynch turns 18 on February 8th, and am not sure what effect that has on him signing a LOI.
- As of Noon Friday, FSU should still be considered the leader for Lynch's services.

iowatreat54
01-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Just bored at work, and since Lynch was at one time an Iowa target, just felt like keeping up on his drama (or more, his mother's).

But I think at the very least a LOI is treated like any other contract and if a kid is under 18 his parent/guardian must sign with/for him. So if Lynch wants to sign on signing day, his mom or dad would need to sign. Not sure that matters if he's already going to class at FSU by that time, he might as well just wait to turn 18 a little while later and sign himself.

MassNole
01-07-2011, 12:34 PM
He turns 18 within a week of a NSD, so in case his mother is of the quality of Whitney Lewis' mother it doesn't seem many, if any, FSU insiders are too worried.

iowatreat54
01-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Yea, his mom sounds like she wants to be Sean Henderson-light.

But yea, if he's going to be already in school and turns 18 that week, it really doesn't matter.

BigJohn98
01-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Moms need to stay the **** out of recruiting. She's not the one going to college the next four years or playing college football.

Anyway, Lynch hasn't decommited, but he's feeling unsure about how bad the coaches want him. He's supposed to call the coached later. This per Warchant.

shylo3716
01-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Is Demar Dorsey to FSU official yet?

I'm really hoping he get get himself together.

MassNole
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Per Josh Newberg of FSU 24/7

2:15pm
I'm told by an excellent source that Aaron Lynch has been told a few un-true rumors.
It started 3 or 4 days ago with the word that Jimbo would be leaving to take the LSU job.
Lynch and his mom have been told that his High School coach has been paid in order to get Lynch to FSU. That is 100% false.
Another fact that I can confirm is that Lynch was a borderline qualifier. He is NCAA qualified, but he even had to go in front of the review board at FSU. Not sure how Notre Dame could get him in if he's borderline at Florida State.

Basically Notre Dame can't recruit like a real team so they need to slander FSU to try and get a kid to waste his future.

BigJohn98
01-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Regardless of what the situation is, if he wants to go somewhere else, let him go. If the coaches didn't want him, they wouldn't have recruited him. These kids are such drama queens.

Axl Rose
01-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Per Josh Newberg of FSU 24/7

Basically Notre Dame can't recruit like a real team so they need to slander FSU to try and get a kid to waste his future.

Oh yeah FSU is a real honest program. Do you realize the only reason Lynch de-committed from ND in the first place was because FSU was telling him he would flunk out and the academics were to hard for him at ND.

MassNole
01-07-2011, 06:01 PM
He barely got into FSU, even as a football player. I think questioning his ability to make it academically at Notre Dame is legitimate, but as for that falsity, the play of FSU's DL and the programs overall success compared to that of Notre Dame was the reason he switched, same with Jordan Prestwood. Can't blame kids for not wanting to lose at home to Tulsa.

BigJohn98
01-07-2011, 10:56 PM
If you can't beat em, tell lies about them. WTG Notre Dame!

BigJohn98
01-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Lynch is expected to make his decision tonight.

MassNole
01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
DE B.J. Dubose took an OV to FSU this weekend. (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-bj-dubose-visiting-fsu-010711,0,6930935.story)

I haven't heard anything about him, but this was obviously set up well before the Aaron Lynch fiasco and good reports about Clowney at the UA game. The article mentions he is being looked at by Miami as a TE, so maybe he is a backup plan to O'Leary at TE?

(I've conceded Fulse to Auburn even if O'Leary somehow falls through)

wicket
01-09-2011, 09:22 AM
If you can't beat em, tell lies about them. WTG Notre Dame!

someone from the home of negative recruiting bitching about negative recruiting that wasnt even done by ND, the Jimbo to LSU rumors if they were even real could just as likely have come from any of the other teams recruiting lynch, hell its way more likely as ND hasnt had an history of negative recruiting at all, and alford least of all.

MassNole
01-09-2011, 09:26 AM
So you're saying Notre Dame just conveniently benefited from ANOTHER school telling AL that his HS coach was paid to push him to FSU, that FSU was taking too many DE's, and Fisher was leaving for LSU?

Do you also believe in Santa Claus?

wicket
01-09-2011, 10:49 AM
So you're saying Notre Dame just conveniently benefited from ANOTHER school telling AL that his HS coach was paid to push him to FSU, that FSU was taking too many DE's, and Fisher was leaving for LSU?

Do you also believe in Santa Claus?

Im saying that there were more schools in his recruiting than just FSU and UF so I think just assuming that some negative recruiting happened by 1 of those schools just cuz its convenient for you is pretty lame.

Also, it is far from a fact that Lynch was ever told this line, thusfar it looks like purely made up piece of BS anyway.

And no I dont believe in Santa Claus, the easter bunny is a different thing though.

As I see it the only one who has been claiming this is a butthurt FSU mod who wasnt close to lynch throughout the process anyway.

I still think Lynch will end up a Nole although im obviously hoping he doesnt but thinking that A the rumor is undeniably truthfull and how it subsequently would be sure to come from the ND staff is just flat out ********.

shylo3716
01-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Is Dorsey a Nole yet???????? The way yall are getting recruits it looks like he will be outback for a scholarship.

BigJohn98
01-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Nothing yet.

Axl Rose
01-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Wow, being called unethical by possibly the most sanctioned athletic program in the FBS is pretty funny. I'll put up ND's reputation against FSU's record any time, I'd put ND's spotless record against FSU's anytime, and I'd put up ND's graduation rate against FSU's anytime.

BigJohn98
01-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow, being called unethical by possibly the most sanctioned athletic program in the FBS is pretty funny. I'll put up ND's reputation against FSU's record any time, I'd put ND's spotless record against FSU's anytime, and I'd put up ND's graduation rate against FSU's anytime.

No one gives a damn about your reputation in the 80s anymore.

BigJohn98
01-09-2011, 07:43 PM
FSU and Clowney is becoming quite the discussion now.

Bushido said on twitter in recent tweets:

"Interesting...I don't blame Lynch for being scared if what I just heard turns out to be true."

"There was a lot of male bonding(no ****) in St. Pete. Things were said, & passed on to kids in San Antonio who play the same position."

That could only be Clowney, because I doubt that Chickillo would scare off Lynch. No offense to Chick, of course.

MassNole
01-10-2011, 01:15 PM
FSU and Clowney is becoming quite the discussion now.

Bushido said on twitter in recent tweets:

"Interesting...I don't blame Lynch for being scared if what I just heard turns out to be true."

"There was a lot of male bonding(no ****) in St. Pete. Things were said, & passed on to kids in San Antonio who play the same position."

That could only be Clowney, because I doubt that Chickillo would scare off Lynch. No offense to Chick, of course.
From the sounds of it after whatever Aaron Lynch did this weekend FSU has now pulled his offer.

Complex
01-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Is Dorsey a Nole yet???????? The way yall are getting recruits it looks like he will be outback for a scholarship.

Isn't he at Louisville?

MassNole
01-11-2011, 06:21 AM
Nope, Tallahassee Community College. We won't know if he'll be at FSU til the summer.

shylo3716
01-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Nope, Tallahassee Community College. We won't know if he'll be at FSU til the summer.

Why the Summer rather then Spring? If he becomes a Nole I see him Redshirting his first year.

MassNole
01-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Why the Summer rather then Spring? If he becomes a Nole I see him Redshirting his first year.
From my understanding he is enrolled at TCCC right now and would be a walkon, we won't know til the summer because someone could offer him a scholarship out of the blue and he goes there. Or it could be he doesn't get the grades he needs at TCCC to transfer to FSU and delays the process another year.

shylo3716
01-11-2011, 01:31 PM
I believe Karlos Williams can be the Sean Taylor of FSU, he already has the build to bulk up to 220 or so with his 6'2'' 210 frame. He showed from the Under Armour Game, that he is not afraid to get his nose dirty with that big hit.

Complex
01-11-2011, 02:47 PM

Why would he redshirt hasn't he been out of highschool for awhile?

shylo3716
01-11-2011, 02:59 PM
Why would he redshirt hasn't he been out of highschool for awhile?

FSU is loaded in the secondary. I don't see him playing over Greg Reid, Xavier Rhodes, nor Karlos Williams.

MassNole
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
He was a S out of HS, he would likely see time in 2011 so long as he stayed in shape.

MassNole
01-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Warchant.com - Catching up with Chris Rix (http://floridastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1175622)

shylo3716
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Who was the better QB that had fell off for FSU, Xavier Lee or Adrian McPherson?

FSU fans please give your breakdown of each prospect in your post.

http://championsportsviews.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/xavier-lee.jpg

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/cfb.top.signing.day.classes/images/adrian-mcpherson-pace-white.jpg

MassNole
01-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I'd say Adrian McPherson, if for no other reason then it takes real commitment to throw games, whereas Xavier Lee was just lazy and had no desire to improve.

shylo3716
01-13-2011, 01:30 PM
On recruiting pitch.......

"Hey this is coach Saban Head Coach of the University of Alabama, we just came off a National Championship run verses the unstoppable Tim Tebow, where would you rather play.....National Championship Alabama or FSU?"-Nick Saban

"I just hope we get the chance to play Alabama, and he sees me on the sideline and remember who I am, so I can tell him hey you should have recruited harder then you did"-Karlos Williams

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0105/recruit_e_williams_b2_200.jpg

BigJohn98
01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
He wasn't going anywhere but FSU.

MassNole
01-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Those comments were made after HaHa Clinton-Dix made similar comments about FSU not recruiting him hard enough. People should know Williams and HCD are close friends so this was all in jest at each other.

BigJohn98
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Jadeveon Clowney has his official to FSU set. January 21st. Ironically enough, it's the same weekend as Karlos Williams.

MassNole
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Jadeveon Clowney has his official to FSU set. January 21st. Ironically enough, it's the same weekend as Karlos Williams.
Heard he may end it and pull the trigger after his Bama visit.

BigJohn98
01-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Rumors are hot right now with FSU. Apparently he really likes FSU.

dannyz
01-13-2011, 10:02 PM
To be a Great Football team you have to build your Team. NFL has the Draft and College has Recruiting, A Great Draft can make you a SuperBowl team and a Great Recruiting Class can make you a NC Team. If that means anything FSU should be a National Title Holder by 2012. If Clowney goes to FSU they have the #1 Class this year, Mix 2010,2011,2012 Classes and a Title should be Yours.

MassNole
01-17-2011, 04:12 PM
To be a Great Football team you have to build your Team. NFL has the Draft and College has Recruiting, A Great Draft can make you a SuperBowl team and a Great Recruiting Class can make you a NC Team. If that means anything FSU should be a National Title Holder by 2012. If Clowney goes to FSU they have the #1 Class this year, Mix 2010,2011,2012 Classes and a Title should be Yours.
If Clowney goes to FSU then FSU has a clear cut #1 class, however even without him FSU will likely end up with the #1 class by multiple services. In related news, Demar Dorsey is apparently now at FSU. So that is another 4/5* DB to a stud class.

2012 Starting Secondary
CB: Greg Reid, Lamarcus Joyner, Nick Waisome, P.J. Williams
FS: Demar Dorsey
SS: Karlos Williams

Now IF Xavier Rhodes stays in school it is just icing on the cake.

shylo3716
01-17-2011, 04:21 PM
If Clowney goes to FSU then FSU has a clear cut #1 class, however even without him FSU will likely end up with the #1 class by multiple services. In related news, Demar Dorsey is apparently now at FSU. So that is another 4/5* DB to a stud class.

2012 Starting Secondary
CB: Greg Reid, Lamarcus Joyner, Nick Waisome, P.J. Williams
FS: Demar Dorsey
SS: Karlos Williams

Now IF Xavier Rhodes stays in school it is just icing on the cake.

Link please I'm so excited

MassNole
01-17-2011, 04:24 PM
http://twitter.com/DemarDorsey7/status/26738261904859138

His response to Matt Elam (http://twitter.com/FuturisticKid22/status/26737666481463296) asking him "Where [sic] school you at right now?"

shylo3716
01-17-2011, 04:25 PM
http://twitter.com/DemarDorsey7/status/26738261904859138

His response to Matt Elam (http://twitter.com/FuturisticKid22/status/26737666481463296) asking him "Where [sic] school you at right now?"

I hope Dorsey don't blow it, this is his last chance.

MassNole
01-17-2011, 04:26 PM
I read that he is a changed person since he had a child. If this works out for FSU this is the biggest steal of the year, followed closely by Melvin Ray walking on.

shylo3716
01-17-2011, 04:31 PM
I read that he is a changed person since he had a child. If this works out for FSU this is the biggest steal of the year, followed closely by Melvin Ray walking on.

Will he be wearing #22 ???????

BigJohn98
01-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Only if he plays offense only. Telvin Smith wears 22.

shylo3716
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Only if he plays offense only. Telvin Smith wears 22.

That's what # Dorsey had on his twitter page

BigJohn98
01-20-2011, 09:23 AM
Demar Dorsey will NOT be walking on at FSU. He won't be apart of the football team.

shylo3716
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Demar Dorsey will NOT be walking on at FSU. He won't be apart of the football team.

Link & WTF happen now!!!!!!!??????

BigJohn98
01-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't have a link. The head moderator said it on Warchant. He said the coaches don't want the extra baggage that he brings.

shylo3716
01-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Don't have a link. The head moderator said it on Warchant. He said the coaches don't want the extra baggage that he brings.

His career is finished. I guess we can stick a fork in him.

703SKINS202
01-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Clowney canceled his visit to FSU and will take an unofficial to USC now.

MassNole
01-21-2011, 04:06 PM
More time for the coaching staff to sure up Timmy Jernigan and Tony Steward.

With Christian Westerman leaving Texas, FSU now has ESPN's #1 class and looks to close strong and hold on to the class with O'Leary, Steward, Jernigan, Rasco, and maybe Brissett.

MassNole
01-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Nick O'Leary finally made it official......this could be the missing piece for Fisher's offense.

BuddyCHRIST
01-22-2011, 02:09 PM
Brissett is pretty much done though, I'm fine with it because I think Coker is a stud. But some people will be disappointed.

MassNole
01-22-2011, 02:12 PM
Brissett is pretty much done though, I'm fine with it because I think Coker is a stud. But some people will be disappointed.
If Coker had gotten the Bama offer before the final evaluations he likely would have jumped to a 4*. I think because of his HS offense that Coker was impossible to rate when going to a Pro Style offense like FSU so I can't blame the services.

MassNole
01-23-2011, 02:42 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ewcwb6.gif

Just cause.....

BigJohn98
01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
There will be plenty more of that next season when we destroy Miami again.

BuddyCHRIST
01-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Steward/Jernigan situation is making me very nervous. If we could get both our class will be beyond amazing, but if we happen to miss out on both I will admit to being disappointed (though still a great class).

BigJohn98
01-29-2011, 02:00 PM
I admit, I'm getting a little nervous too. Moreso Steward than Jernigan.

BigJohn98
02-02-2011, 10:26 PM
Five players I expect to make the biggest impact early:

1. Karlos Williams--Could be starting over Parks mid season.
2. Tank Carradine--Will make a push for the starting spot opposite Jenkins
3. Timmy Jernigan--If he puts on the weight over the summer, I expect him to be a big part of the DT rotation
4. Kelvin Benjamin--He's a freak athlete. Jimbo and co. will find a way to get him on the field
5. Jacob Fahrenkrug--Will most likely be starting in place of Rodney Hudson

bullg8rdaddy
02-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Congrats on the killer class, fellas.

Sniper
02-03-2011, 06:26 AM
1. Karlos Williams

BRB, going to fap.

BigJohn98
02-03-2011, 08:58 AM
BRB, going to fap.

Lulz, here's some material for you to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXI4m6WAPA

Sniper
02-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Lulz, here's some material for you to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXI4m6WAPA

Close the door behind you and kill the lights. I'm going to need some alone time.

I think I'm going to hop on the 'Noles bandwagon. They have so many of my favorite recruits from the past couple classes. I'm usually more of a Miami guy, but damn, these Jimbo classes are sick.

Some of my favorites from the past two classes include Williams, Jeff Luc, LaMarcus Joyner, Timmy Jernigan, James Wilder, Jordan Prestwood (LOL ND) and Christian Jones. I feel like the Seminoles have done a great job of addressing both lines.

BigJohn98
02-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Close the door behind you and kill the lights. I'm going to need some alone time.

I think I'm going to hop on the 'Noles bandwagon. They have so many of my favorite recruits from the past couple classes. I'm usually more of a Miami guy, but damn, these Jimbo classes are sick.

Some of my favorites from the past two classes include Williams, Jeff Luc, LaMarcus Joyner, Timmy Jernigan, James Wilder, Jordan Prestwood (LOL ND) and Christian Jones. I feel like the Seminoles have done a great job of addressing both lines.

Hop on the train Sniper. Jimbo is the conductor, and it's fixing to obliterate everything in it's path. ;)

Rabscuttle
02-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice looking class. Lost the linebacker, but not a huge surprise with bringing in four in last year's class.

Clowney would put this over the top and really bring the hate. Probably a lot to hope for considering how well things have already gone.

The lines and the secondary really loaded up and it would be nice if the quarterback is better than his rating like Jimbo says.

Now, if Manuel gets things going early and an upset of the Sooners happens we could be in business.

the_dark_knight
02-04-2011, 01:06 PM
What's the word on Clowney?

BuddyCHRIST
02-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Clowney is not even an option, that was written off a while ago. I would say theres a 0.01% chance that happens.

MassNole
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Clowney is not even an option, that was written off a while ago. I would say theres a 0.01% chance that happens.
Why you being so optimistic?

BigJohn98
02-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Here's my stab at the opening day starting 22

QB- EJ Manuel

RB- Chris Thompson
FB- Lonnie Pryor

WR- Willie Haulstead
WR- Rodney Smith
TE- Beau Reliford

OT- Datko
OG- Fahrenkrug
C- Stork
OG- Orelus
OT- Sanders

DE- Brandon Jenkins
DT- Jaccobi McDaniel
DT- Everett Dawkins
DE- Tank Carradine

OLB- Nigel Bradham
MLB- Vince Williams
OLB- Christian Jones

CB-Xavier Rhodes
CB- Greg Reid

S- Nick Moody
S- Terrance Parks

Xonraider
02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Hey I just thought I'd mention, I'll be attending FSU next year, either in January or September! So time to start getting to know and love the team :D

MassNole
02-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Here's my stab at the opening day starting 22

QB- EJ Manuel

RB- Chris Thompson
FB- Lonnie Pryor

WR- Willie Haulstead
WR- Rodney Smith
TE- Beau Reliford

OT- Datko
OG- Fahrenkrug
C- Stork
OG- Orelus
OT- Sanders

DE- Brandon Jenkins
DT- Jaccobi McDaniel
DT- Everett Dawkins
DE- Tank Carradine

OLB- Nigel Bradham
MLB- Vince Williams
OLB- Christian Jones

CB-Xavier Rhodes
CB- Greg Reid

S- Nick Moody
S- Terrance Parks
Looks good....

However I'd say Jeff Luc beats out Vince Williams at LB and Amp McCloud beats out Dawkins at DT. Not that it will matter in the rotation we'll use. Just like at RB, whereas Thompson will be the #1 option the likes of Jermaine Thomas, Ty Jones, Devonta Freeman, and James Wilder will see a good amount of carries.

BigJohn98
02-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm a season ticket holder for the first time as of today! It's a great feeling!

shylo3716
02-09-2011, 11:47 AM
What are yall going to do with my boy LaMarcus Joyner? I had high expectations for him although he is on the "smurf side"

Sniper
02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm a season ticket holder for the first time as of today! It's a great feeling!

I'm coming to a game so I can fap to Karlos Williams.

MassNole
02-11-2011, 12:27 PM
What are yall going to do with my boy LaMarcus Joyner? I had high expectations for him although he is on the "smurf side"
He'll cross train at S and CB to see more PT.

Sniper
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
My Florida State starters for this upcoming season.

QB- Karlos Williams
RB- Karlos Williams
FB- Karlos Williams

WR- Karlos Williams
WR- Karlos Williams
TE- Karlos Williams
OT- Karlos Williams
OG- Karlos Williams
C- Karlos Williams
OG- Karlos Williams
OT- Karlos Williams

DE- Karlos Williams
DT- Karlos Williams
DT- Karlos Williams
DE- Karlos Williams

OLB- Nigel Bradham
MLB- Jeff Luc
OLB- Christian Jones

CB-Karlos Williams
CB- Greg Reid
S- Karlos Williams
S- Karlos Williams

K- Karlos Williams
P- Karlos Williams
KR- Karlos Williams
PR- Karlos Williams

14-0. National champions, 7,891,893,987 points scored, zero against.

the_dark_knight
02-11-2011, 01:53 PM
I can't wait to see this team on the field. I'm excited about these noles rockin the ACC this year with hopes of National Champs in a couple more seasons.

BuddyCHRIST
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Hey I just thought I'd mention, I'll be attending FSU next year, either in January or September! So time to start getting to know and love the team :D

You picked a good time, I attended FSU from 08-10 so I only had one year that didn't make me want to tear my hair out. But I did get to see the final games of Bobby and Mickey, and the beating of UF.

But FSU is such a blast, nothing is more fun than football season in Tallahassee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz74KhnQDQo

Our special teams are going to be insane next year, Hopkins is a freak and should only continue to get better. Powell is one of the best punters in the nation, he's a draftable guy to me. Not to mention Reid on PR's where he seemed to get his mojo back. All those young studs we've brought in should be a terror as well.

shylo3716
02-11-2011, 04:06 PM
Will LaMarcus Joyner still focus mainly on KR duties & see limited action as a CB this year?

BuddyCHRIST
02-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Will LaMarcus Joyner still focus mainly on KR duties & see limited action as a CB this year?

He'll probably do KR again, and be in the rotation at CB. FSU's top 3 corners are all special, so he is behind them, but he still plays quite a bit.

BigJohn98
02-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Lamarcus Joyner is moving to safety.

shylo3716
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
Lamarcus Joyner is moving to safety.

Link please?????
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! He is not a hitter he is by means no Bob Sanders.

BuddyCHRIST
02-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Link please?????
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! He is not a hitter he is by means no Bob Sanders.

Um yes he is, he's very physical, played safety in HS and put on some big hits last year. Not to mention he would be the number 4 corner again next year.

BigJohn98
02-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Basically what Buddy said. He'd be 4th on the depth chart at corner. He's a big hitting ballhawk. You don't keep someone as talented as him off the field. You find ways to get him on the field. Plus now we have depth at corner.

BigJohn98
03-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Mario Edwards, Jr. is visiting FSU next week. :)

shylo3716
03-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Is Kelvin Benjamin eligible, if so where does he rank on the depth chart?

BigJohn98
03-10-2011, 04:52 PM
As far as we know he is qualified. Jimbo will get him on the field. No doubt about that.

ratiffshabang
03-30-2011, 05:38 PM
i saw a few interesting things on the current depth chart. Mcloud is listed as the starter at NT over Jaccobi, also Jermaine Thomas is listed as the 4th RB. I was wondering if anyone had any insight to those situations. I realize this isn't the final Depth Chart so things could def change. Just was curious if anyone knew if there was something going on

BuddyCHRIST
03-31-2011, 02:59 PM
I think Jaccobi has been injured, Jermaine got into some legal trouble in the spring and has been held out of spring practice. I think he just was allowed to practice again, but obviously is in the dog house right now.

ratiffshabang
04-17-2011, 12:12 PM
wow i am surprised no one has posted anything after the spring game yesterday.. i had to work yesterday and missed the game.. can anyone give me some info on the game? Who surprised? any of our star freshman get in the game? ie Wilder, Williams, O Leary, etc? How did we look?

shylo3716
04-17-2011, 12:19 PM
wow i am surprised no one has posted anything after the spring game yesterday.. i had to work yesterday and missed the game.. can anyone give me some info on the game? Who surprised? any of our star freshman get in the game? ie Wilder, Williams, O Leary, etc? How did we look?

I did not watch the game, but you can watch the whole footage for free on ESPN3.com

MassNole
04-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Devonta Freeman had a nice run and Christian Green played well.

BuddyCHRIST
04-18-2011, 10:52 AM

None of those guys are on campus yet...

But we looked ok, offense was spotty but 3 starters were out on the o-line. That said it looks like Trickett is positioning himself to be the backup QB.

ratiffshabang
04-18-2011, 11:32 AM
i finally caught some of the game online yesterday. I didn't think it through that some of the freshman wouldn't be outta hs yet, but i did see Waisome and Freeman. I agree the offense looked pretty bad. However seems like all the spring games i've seen have had bad offense. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Manuel seem to force too many balls which turned into interceptions. I realize the offensive line was a total joke in this game, but i hope EJ makes better decisions during the season. He has incredible talent, just needs to settle in and take what opens up for him.

superman8456
04-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Brandon Jenkins was a freaking stud. Seemingly unblockable in the 1st quarter. I think he had like two sacks, a tackle for a loss, and three or four more hurries. Absolutely ridiculous.

Terrance Parks also had a really good showing I thought. Made some really nice plays on the ball and read routes well.

BigJohn98
04-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Terrance Parks also had a really good showing I thought. Made some really nice plays on the ball and read routes well.

It's about freaking time too.

Our defensive line will be the best in the country this year.

georgiafan
04-19-2011, 11:33 AM
4F2cJ_50UoQ

BuddyCHRIST
04-20-2011, 12:00 AM
It's about freaking time too.

Our defensive line will be the best in the country this year.

I would not go that far, our DT's still haven't shown the ability to be elite. We have alot more depth now, but no real impact players as of yet. Jenkins is a beast, but Markus White was great last year, the battle for his spot will be interesting.

WarSeminole
04-27-2011, 04:51 PM
I think this is the year the team returns to the BCS bowl and takes it's next step to the return to the national title. I agree it's ACC Title or Bust this year.

PS I found you MassNole!! I miss you over at O.S..

MassNole
04-28-2011, 04:49 PM
I think this is the year the team returns to the BCS bowl and takes it's next step to the return to the national title. I agree it's ACC Title or Bust this year.

PS I found you MassNole!! I miss you over at O.S..

I actually spend most of my time at The-Mainboard.com now. I don't miss OS.

WarSeminole
04-28-2011, 10:49 PM
I actually spend most of my time at The-Mainboard.com now. I don't miss OS.

I agree that site is a joke, to many fsu hating trolls.

I am reading through the draft board over there, and ur still being mentioned with the Ponder pick, they are saying u r running the vikings and blasting u.

MassNole
04-29-2011, 06:09 AM

I am reading through the draft board over there, and ur still being mentioned with the Ponder pick, they are saying u r running the vikings and blasting u.

LOL, guess I was right he'd be a higher pick than Tim Tebow at the end of the day. Like they said on TomahawkNation, he is a perfect fit for the West Coast Offense in the NFL. Out of the first round QBs in 2011 he is without a doubt in the best position for success with a group of solid WRs and the best RB in the NFL behind him.

EDIT:
I just went over to OS and read the NFL Draft thread, LMFAO at them. This board is much better, but honestly you should tell the other OS Noles to check The-Mainboard out. It is pretty much just like OS, without the stupid rules designed to keep it PG friendly.

WarSeminole
04-29-2011, 09:35 PM
LOL, guess I was right he'd be a higher pick than Tim Tebow at the end of the day. Like they said on TomahawkNation, he is a perfect fit for the West Coast Offense in the NFL. Out of the first round QBs in 2011 he is without a doubt in the best position for success with a group of solid WRs and the best RB in the NFL behind him.

I agree, I think Ponder is in a perfect position right now. As long as he can stay heathly in his career he should have a good career may never be Peyton Manning but he will be a good starter. I am also glad to see Rodney Hudson go to my favorite team in the NFL, the Chiefs. I wonder if Markus White will go tomorrow maybe 7th round.

MassNole
05-03-2011, 05:43 AM
http://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/former-bayside-star-big-man-fla-state

FSU is in very good hands.

MassNole
05-17-2011, 08:42 PM
Looks like the entire class (sans Juco placement Terry Bell) will make it academically.

MassNole
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/846/24846/132014.jpg

Don't know if the image will show because of where I got it from, but E.J. made the cover of Phil Steele's Florida edition.

MassNole
05-18-2011, 10:51 AM
10 Assistant Coaches to watch - Mark Stoops (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college/2011/05/college-football-florida-state-mark-stoops.html)

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
05-18-2011, 11:56 AM
http://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/former-bayside-star-big-man-fla-state

FSU is in very good hands.

Great article, this is the type of person that everybody -- not just athletes -- should aspire to be. I can't wait until next year to see EJ tear it up.

Malaka
05-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Manuel, Rolle, and Ponder: All guys that are class guys, and what all student atheltes should aspire to be.

It's nice that FSU is going from a team of miscreants to this.

As a teenager in High School, I can honestly say someone like Ponder is my role model. Two Masters degrees in 4 years, and the starting QB... I am just wow'd by that.

BigJohn98
05-18-2011, 07:47 PM
There are rumors apparently that Tony Steward wants out of Clemson. If it is true, I highly doubt Clemson would release him to go to a rival school.

dannyz
05-18-2011, 08:24 PM
There are rumors apparently that Tony Steward wants out of Clemson. If it is true, I highly doubt Clemson would release him to go to a rival school.

Where did you here this? Steward should have went to FSU on Singing Day.

dannyz
05-18-2011, 08:25 PM

Double Post, Sorry.

MassNole
05-19-2011, 06:01 AM

It seemed pretty obvious on NSD he was not liking his decision. I've never seen a kid so unhappy to make an announcement.

akira12
05-20-2011, 10:22 AM
E.J. is the next big thing

kittens
05-25-2011, 02:46 AM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Boards/846/24846/132014.jpg

Don't know if the image will show because of where I got it from, but E.J. made the cover of Phil Steele's Florida edition.

It looks great. Thank you!

BigJohn98
05-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Great news in the last few days. Kelvin Benjamin, James Wilder, and Tim Jernigan are all QUALIFIED. The only commitment we won't get is Terry Bell, who is JUCO bound.

It's gonna be a special season.

dannyz
05-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Great news in the last few days. Kelvin Benjamin, James Wilder, and Tim Jernigan are all QUALIFIED. The only commitment we won't get is Terry Bell, who is JUCO bound.

It's gonna be a special season.

What about Karlos Williams? When will they start practicing?

BigJohn98
05-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Karlos becoming eligible was never a question. They report mid-June and will begin summer workouts then.

WarSeminole
05-27-2011, 05:17 AM

Pretty sure, as long as he hasn't stepped on campus yet he can go without any problems.

MassNole
05-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Clemson would still need to release him from the LOI, but he could play immediately if they did so. That said, they ain't releasing him to go to FSU.

bullg8rdaddy
05-29-2011, 07:22 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/729/fsu2011scholliedepthcha.png

What corrections do I need to make? (I haven't updated all the HT/WT yet)

The guys in yellow are not on this scout's scholarship eligibility chart (http://floridastate.scout.com/a.z?s=16&p=9&c=16&yr=2011).

Do the freshman that haven't arrived yet, already have numbers assigned to them?

MassNole
05-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Fahrenkrug will be the starting C. Reliford may be gone because of grades, but none of the others have left the program to the best of my knowledge, although they'll never see the field.

EDIT
Debrale Smiley is a RS-Junior.

bullg8rdaddy
05-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Mass. Anything else I need to fix?

MassNole
05-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Thanks, Mass. Anything else I need to fix?

I am 99.9% sure Wilder will wear #32 and 100% sure Coker will wear #14. Other freshmen I have no ideas on numbers. Other than that it looks great.

bullg8rdaddy
05-29-2011, 10:14 PM
Okay here is what I have now.

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/729/fsu2011scholliedepthcha.png

dannyz
05-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Are you making one of those for defense? That's really Cool.

bullg8rdaddy
05-29-2011, 11:32 PM
Defense: (just like with the offense, need some help with corrections)

EDIT: Using scout rating/ranking system

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/729/fsu2011scholliedepthcha.png

CashmoneyDrew
05-30-2011, 12:00 AM
Isn't Jeff Luc a sophomore?

bullg8rdaddy
05-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, he is. I put that together too quickly. lol

EDIT: Take a look at it now, sir. Still looking for accurate heights and weights.

shylo3716
05-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Yeah, he is. I put that together too quickly. lol

EDIT: Take a look at it now, sir. Still looking for accurate heights and weights.

E.J. runs about 235 now

shylo3716
05-30-2011, 01:34 AM
How much action will Kelvin Benjamin see this year?

MassNole
05-30-2011, 07:09 AM
It will depend on his ability to learn the playbook and run routes. Freshmen WRs generally take a season to get acclimated to Fisher's offense and generally don't see a lot of run. Take Kenny Shaw last season, he is probably the best route runner on the team, but only saw limited action behind Reed, Easterling, Smith, and Haulstead. All of whom could be back, although Easterling probably goes to MLB. However on FSU's board, Fisher had Benjamin as the top WR in the country and made him a top priority to sign, so I think he'll see some time.

That said how scary would it be line up to 6'6 monsters on the outside and then put a talent like Christian Green in the slot?

shylo3716
05-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Okay here is what I have now.

http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/729/fsu2011scholliedepthcha.png

Defense: (just like with the offense, need some help with corrections)

EDIT: Using scout rating/ranking system

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/729/fsu2011scholliedepthcha.png

What's up with the highlighted names?

bullg8rdaddy
05-30-2011, 05:23 PM
For whatever reason, those names weren't on the scout website's eligibility tracker (http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=16&p=9&c=16&yr=2011). I posted this over there for help, too. They are on the official FSU site roster, though. That was the only reason. Weird.

EDIT: Rhodes is there now. Commack is still @ WR.

shylo3716
05-30-2011, 06:39 PM
For whatever reason, those names weren't on the scout website's eligibility tracker (http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=16&p=9&c=16&yr=2011). I posted this over there for help, too. They are on the official FSU site roster, though. That was the only reason. Weird.

EDIT: Rhodes is there now. Commack is still @ WR.

Joyner may not be eligible? wow! I really love his potential.

bullg8rdaddy
05-30-2011, 06:47 PM
I don't know why he isn't on that chart on scout, but he is on the official roster on FSU's cstv site.

BigJohn98
05-30-2011, 11:53 PM
Joyner is eligible.

shylo3716
05-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Nole Fans what are your thoughts on Joyner. Do you love him, is he better suited for Safety then Corner? Will he have a greater impact at Safety this year then Corner last year?

BigJohn98
05-31-2011, 09:09 AM
Nole Fans what are your thoughts on Joyner. Do you love him, is he better suited for Safety then Corner? Will he have a greater impact at Safety this year then Corner last year?

I love his potential. He's a ball hawk. I think he can be a smaller Eric Berry-type player.

He will have a greater impact at safety rather than corner because he'll be on the field at safety more than he would at corner this year. He wouldn't have seen a lot of time at corner this year due to our three deep at corner being so good.

shylo3716
05-31-2011, 01:21 PM
I love his potential. He's a ball hawk. I think he can be a smaller Eric Berry-type player.

He will have a greater impact at safety rather than corner because he'll be on the field at safety more than he would at corner this year. He wouldn't have seen a lot of time at corner this year due to our three deep at corner being so good.

I love his ceiling, but I hate to see him HAVE to play Safety, because he is a CB at the next level. He needs to do better in the return game though.

MassNole
06-03-2011, 12:54 PM

I gotta ask, did the FSU thread die on my birthday for a reason or just a coincidence?

MassNole
06-03-2011, 12:56 PM
I love his ceiling, but I hate to see him HAVE to play Safety, because he is a CB at the next level. He needs to do better in the return game though.

S is his natural position, the initial concern was that he was too small to play S in college, but this Spring he showed that fear was misguided. He may be small, but he hits like fellow Smurf Greg Reid and has much better tackling technique. I won't be surprised if by Week 5 the starting S's aren't Joyner and Karlos Williams.

shylo3716
06-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Nole fans what are your thoughts on former WR Damon McDaniel, because I am a bit upset that he transfered. If he did not do so, he would have been a NFL prospect. I can't fault him for transferring, because he chose to be a father first, & football player second.

MassNole
06-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Nole fans what are your thoughts on former WR Damon McDaniel, because I am a bit upset that he transfered. If he did not do so, he would have been a NFL prospect. I can't fault him for transferring, because he chose to be a father first, & football player second.

I don't know why he didn't see the field more at FSU as he made plays when he did. I know he had some family issues at home though and had a kid while at FSU.

shylo3716
06-05-2011, 02:02 PM
I don't know why he didn't see the field more at FSU as he made plays when he did. I know he had some family issues at home though and had a kid while at FSU.

I had the luxury of watching both he & Percy in HS & Damon was the more complete WR back then.

MassNole
06-05-2011, 03:41 PM
I remember at one point in the rankings Scout had them as the #1 and #3 WRs in the country

shylo3716
06-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I remember at one point in the rankings Scout had them as the #1 and #3 WRs in the country

Best WR tandem I have ever seen in person!

Only HS footage I could find with McDaniel for you....... Some Percy #11, Damon #4, Tyrod #5 & Damon's brother Marquay at Hampton #2

6njHFBZmkJs

WarSeminole
06-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Joyner at safety is a great move, for a little guy he hits like a safety and covers like a corner. He'll be a playmaker. The coaches wouldn't move him there if they didn't think he wouldn't help.

BigJohn98
06-07-2011, 10:12 PM
I read that they are expecting 85,000+ people for the Oklahoma game. God I can not wait for this game. I will be there screaming my head off.

shylo3716
07-05-2011, 12:07 AM
"Scooter, when ya making your commitment decision! Nole fans like what they're hearing!"

"under armour all american game"-Avery Johnson via FB

BigJohn98
07-20-2011, 07:13 AM
Kelvin Benjamin checked into FSU at 6'6" 230 lbs. Now he's up to 248 lbs and ran a 4.5. He's been dominating 7-on-7. None of our corners can cover him.

Can't wait to see these midgets try and cover him.

shylo3716
07-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Kelvin Benjamin checked into FSU at 6'6" 230 lbs. Now he's up to 248 lbs and ran a 4.5. He's been dominating 7-on-7. None of our corners can cover him.

Can't wait to see these midgets try and cover him.

What jersey # will he be wearing?

JRTPlaya21
07-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Jernigan is #8 btw.

BigJohn98
07-20-2011, 08:39 PM
What jersey # will he be wearing?

He will be #1.

WarSeminole
09-03-2011, 12:29 AM
it's game day.

shylo3716
09-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Is Lamarcus Joyner FS or SS?????

2011 OUTLOOK
Made the move to his natural position of safety during spring practice and emerged as the starter at strong safety heading into the fall giving FSU more versatility. Displays tremendous range because of his great speed which allows him to cover a lot of ground in the secondary.

gpngc
09-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Are yall covering the spread today? You gonna execute enough to run up the score or WHAT?

WarSeminole
09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Not the best offensive game, but I am happy with what I saw for the most part from E.J. & the wide receivers, Haggins, Shaw had nice days. Bert Reed had a few nice grabs. Rodney Smith stepped up. Running Game didn't look good till Freeman got in but Jimbo didn't show his cards and kept it simple enough to pull out the win.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Why didn't Wilder play?

MassNole
09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Why didn't Wilder play?
He won't see much run until midseason.

WarSeminole
09-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Why didn't Wilder play?

to far behind prolly, he was in on the snap of Trickett's TD. Not coming in early has hurt him for one. As the season goes on I see him getting a few carries.

BigJohn98
09-11-2011, 04:29 PM
It's finally here! Oklahoma week!

Student tickets sold out in 15 minutes. Crazy.

Very, very nervous about this game.

Byrd430
09-12-2011, 11:30 PM
As a Gator fan, go Sooners!

I've been impressed with direction the Seminoles are headed over the past couple years...but this is the second straight year I've picked Stoops to win a title.

Landry Jones will be the 'Nole Killer

murdamal86
09-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Gator fan here stopping by stating that I think you guys have a great chance to win comfortably this weekend. It's not going to be easy but I feel if you guys can exploit that poor secondary while also applying pressure to Landry Jones, you guys should be fine

BigJohn98
09-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Three.more.days.

dannyz
09-14-2011, 08:49 PM
I hope you guys Win. If OK wins then they will go to the NC Game because this will be the only real hard game for them. I hope you guys win so FSU can play in a BCS Bowl Game maybe the NC but i Think 2012 is FSU's Year.

jrdrylie
09-15-2011, 08:22 AM
I hope you guys Win. If OK wins then they will go to the NC Game because this will be the only real hard game for them. I hope you guys win so FSU can play in a BCS Bowl Game maybe the NC but i Think 2012 is FSU's Year.

I too hope FSU wins, but even if they don't, it doesn't end their BCS chances or guarantee a National Championship trip for Oklahoma. Oklahoma still has to play Texas A&M and then go to Oklahoma State. I think the Sooners are better than either team but by no means are those two games cake walks.

As for the Seminoles, even if they lose (unless they are completely demolished in this game) still look like the class of the ACC. A loss probbaly takes them out of the running for the title but I think a BCS bid is very much still in play either way.

BigJohn98
09-18-2011, 02:29 PM
I have never seen an atmosphere like what I saw last night in Doak. I was there front row in the student section, and it was ******* electric. When Rashad Greene caught the TD pass, it was a mob scene. I'd never seen anything like it before. I was so disappointed we couldn't come away with the victory.

A few of my thoughts from the game:

-Our defense is the real deal. Unless there is a game this year where they don't even show up at all, we won't be getting blown out by anyone. It's amazing what has happened over the course of two years. If that was the 09 FSU defense last night, Oklahoma probably wins by 70.

-EJ still has a long way to go. His decision making is still iffy, but that will come with more time. Charlie Ward wasn't a stud in his first year starting either. We are screwed if he gets seriously hurt this year.

-Our offensive line will be our achilles heel all year long. The interior is just about pathetic. If we want to be able to keep pressure off of EJ, we need to run the damn ball.

-I was proud of how this team competed. It definitely shows we can compete with the elite teams again. Disappointed, but proud.

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
FSU's defense was impressive. That DE Werner was a one man wrecking crew. I was more impressed with Datko, I don't know why people think Zebrie Sanders is better.

BigJohn98
09-18-2011, 05:09 PM
FSU's defense was impressive. That DE Werner was a one man wrecking crew. I was more impressed with Datko, I don't know why people think Zebrie Sanders is better.

Who in the world thinks Zebrie is better?

Datko is the only lineman we have that is worth a flip. The rest of our starters are average at best.

I wish Rodney Hudson could have been cloned.

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 05:13 PM
I have just read folks draft rankings and they say Sanders is better. I stumbled upon an article a few weeks ago.

BuddyCHRIST
09-19-2011, 01:39 PM
The complete lack of any time of run blocking really confuses me. I mean they return alot of experience, lost some important guys but it shouldn't be this big of a drop off. We really need to work out the kinks there as we can't afford to just not be able to run the ball.

Defense is freaking legit, D-Line is insanely deep and everyone was making an impact. Werner dominates and Jenkins is still getting an insane jump on the ball. The new guys have been awesome too with Christian Jones and Joyner being some of the best players. Really pleased with the leap Bradham has taken too, he is a big time player.

Rabscuttle
09-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Can't have a letdown today after the emotion of last week with the athletes Clemson has. Defence and special teams have to be in it from the start.

BigJohn98
09-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Boy we REALLY shot ourselves in the freakin' foot today.

Penalties always seemed to come on third downs when the defense would get a stop.

I was impressed with Trickett. Very impressed.

The running game just gets worse, and worse, and worse, and worse, and worse...

Monster
10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I think getting so pumped up for the OU game came back to bite FSU in the arse. FSU looked awesome in the game, but weren't able to come away with the win. I think had you won, you would be undefeated right now. Best to take everything a game at a time, yeah?

MassNole
10-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I think getting so pumped up for the OU game came back to bite FSU in the arse. FSU looked awesome in the game, but weren't able to come away with the win. I think had you won, you would be undefeated right now. Best to take everything a game at a time, yeah?

The refs calling a fair game vs. Clemson would have helped.

--------------------------------------

Rumors swirling Andrew Datko might try to get a medical RS for this season and be back in 2012, also rumors saying he won't do this because he can't stand Rick Trickett. Also looks like FSU will make a run for Juco LT Kyle Long, the one time baseball player at FSU who flunked out in a semester. Virginia falls of the schedule for 2012, his only year of eligibility, so there is chance he comes in as a stop gap to give Josue Matias another year to develop.

I'd guess if Datko comes back, no Kyle Long.

TACKLE
11-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I will say, that Bradham hit was perfectly legal and it's total bullsh*t that he was flagged for that hit let alone ejected. The reffing all around was ******* brutal all game.

MassNole
11-13-2011, 08:06 AM
I will say, that Bradham hit was perfectly legal and it's total bullsh*t that he was flagged for that hit let alone ejected. The reffing all around was ******* brutal all game.

This crew always does its best to screw FSU. I have no doubt they have money on these games.

MassNole
11-14-2011, 12:16 PM
http://oi42.tinypic.com/zjdk5w.jpg

Gif of the year candidate?

MassNole
11-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Jimbo is now 4-0 vs. our "rivals".

shylo3716
11-27-2011, 11:06 AM
How did E.J. look, because I missed the game?

MassNole
11-27-2011, 11:18 AM
How did E.J. look, because I missed the game?
LOL bad.

FSU won because of a defense full of cold blooded assassins.

shylo3716
11-27-2011, 11:24 AM
LOL bad.

FSU won because of a defense full of cold blooded assassins.

Does it look like he will lose his starting job next year?

MassNole
11-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Not unless he gets hurt of Christian Ponder gets another year of eligibility.

shylo3716
11-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Not unless he gets hurt of Christian Ponder gets another year of eligibility.

I like E.J. alot, but he has to work on that throwing motion. He does not challenge defenses with the deep ball at all either.

dannyz
11-27-2011, 02:37 PM
I believe Recruiting Wins National Championships as long as the Coaches develop the players right, So If that is True You guys should Win a National Championship either in 2012 or 2013. You guys will have like the most Scariest/Talented Defensive Line.

MassNole
02-01-2012, 09:49 AM
http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Recruit/4/6_180266.JPG

Our future interior DL of Timmy Jernigan and Eddie Goldman, flanked by Mario Edwards Jr. and Chris Casher.

MassNole
02-13-2012, 12:53 PM
So apparently Cam Erving asked to move from DT to Offensive Line. He had a good RS-Freshman year, so the coaches must be happy with the development of Derrick Mitchell and Niles Lawrence Stamp.

MassNole
02-28-2012, 08:15 AM
2012 schedule is out....

vs. Murray State
vs. Savannah State
vs. Wake Forest
vs. Clemson
"@" USF
@ N.C. State
vs. Boston College
"@" Miami
vs. Duke
BYE
@ VaTech (Thursday Night)
@ Maryland
vs. Florida

9 games in the state of Florida and a bye week before VaTech (they have Miami the Thursday before). This schedule makes up for what the ACC pulled in 2011.

MassNole
04-09-2012, 10:44 AM
UF news, Ronald Powell tore his ACL and is likely done for the season.

TuckNole
04-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Really think the '13 draft class could be FSU's best all time.

MassNole
04-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Really think the '13 draft class could be FSU's best all time.
It will be hard pressed to match the talent of the 93 class or the results of the 97 class (backbone to 3 straight BCS CGs).

TuckNole
04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
It will be hard pressed to match the talent of the 93 class or the results of the 97 class (backbone to 3 straight BCS CGs).

Draft class, as in Jenkins, Werner, Rhodes, etc.

I think it will be in the debate (I could see up to 4 first rounders and 10-12 drafted players).

BigJohn98
04-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Jimbo Fisher said at a booster function last week that he says this team is going to be "a really good football team."

God I hope so. Tired of not taking advantage of being in a mediocre conference.

MassNole
05-03-2012, 08:42 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/6tid1k.jpg

K Train
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
so i have a question, hows jeff luc been doing? if anything at all

Complex
05-08-2012, 03:34 PM
He left Florida State and sucked while there.

MassNole
05-08-2012, 05:41 PM
He left Florida State and sucked while there.
I wouldn't say he sucked because he never really got on the field. His football IQ was much lower than expected so he had to move to Will from Mike where he was originally behind Nigel Bradham.

----------------------------------

FSU picked up big 2014 commitment from future high 4 to 5* RB Joseph Yearby from Miami Central (same school as Devonta Freeman).

GoGifGo
05-09-2012, 11:49 AM

True dat, double true

MassNole
05-16-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.norcalbuffs.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/big-xii.jpg

MassNole
07-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Mickey Andrews' wife passed away today.