PDA

View Full Version : E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

shylo3716
01-01-2011, 10:46 AM
With all the hype surrounding Ponder, I think a lot of people had forget that they have the "Next Big Thing" on campus for a couple years, to lead FSU where they need to be. IMO Manuel is what Pryor was suppose to be a QB.

Can anyone breakdown Manuel........Strengths, Weaknesses, Comparisons.

IMO E.J. Manuel=(Better) Terrelle Pryor

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00180/manuel800_180218c.jpg

SchizophrenicBatman
01-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Cam Newton is what Pryor was supposed to be

Manuel is a solid player in college, much like Pryor, but he has a lot to work on when it comes to the NFL. His mechanics are better and he seems to have decent passing instincts but he still doesn't look exceptionally fluid while passing and is not an asset doing it

FUNBUNCHER
01-01-2011, 12:32 PM
EJ Manuel is an athletic dropback QB, but he's not a best-athlete-on-the-team type guy.

Yeah he looks like he has more upside than Pryor, but it would be nice to see him play a full season.

BuddyCHRIST
01-01-2011, 03:08 PM
A little early, but he definitely has all the tools and has great poise. You won't find many "new" starting QBs more prepared than Manuel next year.

Right now we kind of limit his throws when he's in, so I would like to see him actually fling the ball next season. Right now he tends to float his downfield throws, but I think thats just a confidence issue. But he's got the potential to be a big time prospect.

TuckNole
01-04-2011, 06:57 PM
He gets a limited playbook because a.) Ponder is the smartest QB in FSU history and has helped FSU to back to back top 10 offenses, and b.) Manual hasn't gon through a spring yet. He's been injured ever spring. Expect him to make a big jump next year.

PACKmanN
01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
With all the hype surrounding Ponder, I think a lot of people had forget that they have the "Next Big Thing" on campus for a couple years, to lead FSU where they need to be. IMO Manuel is what Pryor was suppose to be a QB.

Can anyone breakdown Manuel........Strengths, Weaknesses, Comparisons.

IMO E.J. Manuel=(Better) Terrelle Pryor

http://images.dailyme.com/assets/2010010100000926.jpg

how can you calm him being better than Pryor, yet ask for his strengths, weaknesses, and comparision?

MassNole
01-04-2011, 07:06 PM
One thing that is very impressive about Manuel is ability to read a blitz and make the necessary adjustments. He is insanely athletic and has a big, big arm but needs this Spring to become the man. Fisher has said multiple times that Manuel will be a "special player" and he knows his QBs.

BallerT1215
01-06-2011, 11:57 PM
EJ Manuel is Fisher's chosen one...This is the guy he brought in to run his system...He has a huge arm (not the most accurate...one play he puts it on the money ie. 1st play against clemson this year 50 yd bomb down the field on playaction and sometimes not so much)...EJ in the open field is devastating, in the games he played when he broke out wide in the open field, DB's had a hell of a time bringing him down...One full offseason and spring training as the guy finally..he'll do some big things..

He has 2 bowl wins under his belt and he hasnt even become the starter...Beat West Virginia last year and South Carolina this year...

Also...VT fans probably will never forgive him for leaving Virginia to go play at FSU...

Halsey
01-07-2011, 12:17 AM
I've never seen a player's public perception so affected by expectations than Pryor. After all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment he was expected to basically be what Cam Newton was this year. Since he hasn't been that good, people act like he's some huge disappointment who's not even as good as Florida State's backup QB... All he's done at OSU is start all three years he's played and help OSU win 3 Big Ten Titles and go 2-1 in BCS Bowls.

JRTPlaya21
01-07-2011, 12:43 AM
EJ Manuel is Fisher's chosen one...This is the guy he brought in to run his system...He has a huge arm (not the most accurate...one play he puts it on the money ie. 1st play against clemson this year 50 yd bomb down the field on playaction and sometimes not so much)...EJ in the open field is devastating, in the games he played when he broke out wide in the open field, DB's had a hell of a time bringing him down...One full offseason and spring training as the guy finally..he'll do some big things..

He has 2 bowl wins under his belt and he hasnt even become the starter...Beat West Virginia last year and South Carolina this year...

Also...VT fans probably will never forgive him for leaving Virginia to go play at FSU...

Lol I forgave him. Tech can't get them all. Didn't get Tajh Boyd or Newsome either.

BallerT1215
01-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Lol I forgave him. Tech can't get them all. Didn't get Tajh Boyd or Newsome either.

now that you mention it....virginia has been putting out some talented QB's

jj45
01-07-2011, 01:09 AM
Wish Miami had him

shylo3716
01-07-2011, 04:59 AM

I have been putting it out there for the longest......Just the 757 area alone.

VAfy-ya
01-16-2011, 10:00 PM

The 757(Hampton Roads/Tidewater) area to be excat. You can also add Phillip Sims to that list.

As far as Manuel, he looked a little stiff in the pocket when I had a chance to watch him. Robotic with his throwing motion. I remember him being more fluid in his dropback in high school. Didnt watch the bowl game though. Will be watching him next year very closely.

shylo3716
03-10-2011, 03:52 PM
What are the chance Manuel has a Cam Newton type of season?

Pat Sims 90
03-10-2011, 03:55 PM

Slim to none. He will be lucky to stay healthy a full season.

Hurricanes25
03-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Newton had an all time great year so no but I do think Manuel will have a really good year and surprise some people.

FUNBUNCHER
03-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Wrong board, but be sure to watch NC State's QB this fall, Mike Glennon.

6'6, 225#, great arm and will do the best Philip Rivers impersonation seen in Raleigh since, well, Philip Rivers!!!

Would not be surprised to see him pass for close to 4000 yards and 35 TDs and declare after the season.

Yeah, crazy talk I admit, but act like you know if that's how it goes down this fall.

shylo3716
05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Does anyone besides me & FSU fans believe he along with his Defense will lead this team to a Nat'l title?

Iamcanadian
05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I've never seen a player's public perception so affected by expectations than Pryor. After all the hoopla surrounding his recruitment he was expected to basically be what Cam Newton was this year. Since he hasn't been that good, people act like he's some huge disappointment who's not even as good as Florida State's backup QB... All he's done at OSU is start all three years he's played and help OSU win 3 Big Ten Titles and go 2-1 in BCS Bowls.

I agree, Pryor's upside is much greater than Manual's, should be a far better pro than collegian stuck in Tressel's offense.

CashmoneyDrew
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
Does anyone besides me & FSU fans believe he along with his Defense will lead this team to a Nat'l title?

Bahahaha! No.

Iamcanadian
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM

Dream on but you can always hope.

Rabscuttle
05-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Manuel's throwing motion was supposed to have been reworked this spring. Of course, I had no access to the spring game, but if his accuracy is improved as reported he could have a really good year.

SickwithIt1010
05-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Just wrote about Manuel in my blog....

EJ Manuel RS Junior Florida State- EJ Manuel came out of the prep ranks as a big time Quarterback recruit who was said to be the guy who would take FSU football back to glory. Next year will be the first time he has full control of the offense, but he has played well in spot up duty for an often-injured Christian Ponder and also in mop up duty. At 65″ Manuel has the size of the perfect Quarterback, throw in his abilities and you are really drooling. Manuel has a big time arm, and is a very good pocket passer. Manuel also has the ability to tuck the ball and run, or evade the rush to make plays on the run, and has been very accurate in the time he has seen. He is succeeding Christian Ponder who went 12th overall in the 2011 draft, and Manuel has much more to work with as far as skills.

EJ Manuel has looked solid in the time he has gotten to play, but has yet to show anything spectacular and he is still a very unknown prospect. He needs to impress this year, and will still get the questions of whether or not he is just a one year wonder.
Sophomore Season: 65-93 861 YDS 69.9% 4 TD 4INT

Kind of a bunch of things that everyone already knows. Watching Manuel, I think he needs to clean up his mechanics a little bit, takes a little too long to release the ball. I think hes got twice the talent that Ponder did, but does Manuel have what it takes to put it all together?

SickwithIt1010
05-13-2011, 02:17 PM

Slim considering they are totally different QB's and play in completely different offenses.

K Train
05-13-2011, 02:35 PM

just jeff luc

shylo3716
05-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Manuel's throwing motion was supposed to have been reworked this spring. Of course, I had no access to the spring game, but if his accuracy is improved as reported he could have a really good year.

You can catch the Spring Game on ESPN3.com

K Train
05-13-2011, 02:49 PM
is there anything that would separate him from being exactly like xavier lee? cause im not seeing it

shylo3716
05-13-2011, 02:54 PM
is there anything that would separate him from being exactly like xavier lee? cause im not seeing it

Cough Cough! He unlike Lee KNOWS the playbook!

BuddyCHRIST
05-13-2011, 03:55 PM

Yes, I'll forgive you for this because if you don't follow the program you wouldn't know any better.

Lee was a grade A idiot who in his 4 years at FSU never learned the playbook. His work ethic was only slightly better than JaMarcus Russell. He also played under Jeff Bowden, the worst OC in history of earth.

Manuel is Fisher's hand picked guy (and he knows QBs) who has outstanding character, has sit and learn for 3 years while playing well in spot duty. His numbers have been up and down but he's already shown remarkable ability under pressure. If FSU's WRs play consistent (and one guy can really step up) then he'll have a huge year. My only issue is he seems to float balls sometimes, but he had missed the previous 2 spring practices with injuries and not being a full time starter probably didn't have the confidence of just slinging the ball around.

Saints-Tigers
05-13-2011, 04:42 PM
Hell, even Russell knew the playbook :D

MassNole
05-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Hell, even Russell knew the playbook :D

The playbook Russell had at LSU is nothing close to what Ponder and Manuel have been learning since Fisher came in. Speaking of Ponder, that is actually another big plus for E.J., not only was he sitting in film room with Fisher, but Ponder as well who reportedly went out of his way to help Manuel. He is supposedly just as smart as Ponder with a lot more physical ability. What people here really seem to under estimate with Manuel is that in addition to his physical ability, he's run a pro style offense in college. That is what scouts will love that fans don't appreciate.

I'm actually surprised based on what I know about Fisher now that Matt Flynn wasn't the starter over Russell, then again for all I know that was Les Myles' call.

Rabscuttle
05-13-2011, 07:03 PM
You can catch the Spring Game on ESPN3.com

I've tried a couple of things and can't get it because I live in Canada. Presumeably, an agrrement between Bell and the CRTC prevents Netflix or any Internet providers from allowing competitors see the content. I actually paid for an XBox Gold account because ESPN was advertised on it and it turns out this is just a country wide ripoff that the CRTC doesn't protect consumers from. Nice priorities. Waiting to see if XBox provides anyservice making this fee worthwhile to me or if I need to get a refund.

Just ranting because I got my hopes up to see the Garnet and Gold game with that service and didn't get to.

TACKLE
05-22-2011, 09:59 AM
The more I see of him and the more I hear about him, the more I get the feeling that he may end up being the #2 QB in this draft (if he comes out). He would be my "surprise pick" to be a top 10 pick this year. Obvious the sample size is still very small but all signs point to him having a big season.

shylo3716
05-22-2011, 10:06 AM
The more I see of him and the more I hear about him, the more I get the feeling that he may end up being the #2 QB in this draft (if he comes out). He would be my "surprise pick" to be a top 10 pick this year. Obvious the sample size is still very small but all signs point to him having a big season.

Not a surprise to me when in all actuality I have him being a Heisman candidate & a Nat'l title winner!

TACKLE
05-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Not a surprise to me when in all actuality I have him being a Heisman candidate & a Nat'l title winner!

....and you call yourself a Canes fan. gtfo.

shylo3716
05-22-2011, 10:53 AM
....and you call yourself a Canes fan. gtfo.

I'm a 757 fan before anything! I rep mine I don't know about you.

__757chesapeake5757575_______
___7575757hampton75757________
_______________75757_________
_____________ 75757___________
____________ 75757____________
___________75757_____________
_________ 75757______________
________75757_______________
_______75757________________
_____ 75757_________________
____75757__________________
___75757___________________
757575______________________
757575______________________
7575757va beach575__________
7575757575757575757_________
_______________5757_________
_______________57575________
_______________57575________
______________75757_________
757575757575757575__________
75757575757575757___________
_______________75757________
_____________ 75757_________
____________ 75757___________
___________75757_____________
_________ 75757______________
________75757_______________
_______75757________________
_____ 75757__________________
____75757___________________
___75757__________________

TACKLE
05-22-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm a 757 fan before anything! I rep mine I don't know about you.

well i didn't know/forgot ej was from virginia beach so i'll cut you some slack on this one.

shylo3716
05-22-2011, 11:07 AM
well i didn't know/forgot ej was from virginia beach so i'll cut you some slack on this one.

I'm a Cane for life but E.J. is home team. I would be underrating him if I did not see this happening with his talent & skill level.

BigJohn98
05-22-2011, 09:17 PM

Yes. A brain, and work ethic.

It's possible that if we get by Oklahoma we could very well play for a national title. I don't see us in the national title this year, though.

Iamcanadian
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Let's see him as the starter before getting too carried away. Sometimes they pan out after riding the bench and sometimes, it just isn't there when they get their chance. We'll have to wait and sere which direction he goes, Florida St. fans not withstanding.

shylo3716
05-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Let's see him as the starter before getting too carried away. Sometimes they pan out after riding the bench and sometimes, it just isn't there when they get their chance. We'll have to wait and sere which direction he goes, Florida St. fans not withstanding.

I do & I"m a cane!

Mr. Offseason
06-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Logan Thomas is a guy people should watch out for. He could really blow up as could Manuel. There's a lot of intriguing talent to watch this year it seems.

shylo3716
09-17-2011, 07:54 PM
E.J. For HEISMAN!!!

BigBanger
09-17-2011, 07:58 PM
He just killed Kenny.

shylo3716
09-17-2011, 08:39 PM
He just killed Kenny.

Bull crap!!!! Perfect throw if he scored so what are you saying? It was just a bad/good play on the DBs behalf.

ChiFan24
09-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Just turned the game on....why's he on the bench? Is it because he's awful? Probably.

sbh15
09-17-2011, 10:06 PM
E.J. For HEISMAN!!!

i thought you pretended to be a miami fan?

LonghornsLegend
09-17-2011, 10:26 PM
Just turned the game on....why's he on the bench? Is it because he's awful? Probably.

He was injured since they insist on making him run the ball so much. They brought in the back-up freshman QB Triplett who looked really good throwing the ball, so when EJ came back from the locker room I don't think they wanted to screw up the flow of things. Especially since Triplett made a huge TD pass on 3rd and 28 that tied the game.

EJ didn't look bad, but he wasn't making enough plays in the passing game to beat OU, but they do have a great defense. I also understand College is different, but I've seen EJ Henderson and Robert Griffin running some pretty ridiculous plays to get them banged up pretty nicely. Baylor runs double reverses and throws it to Griffin right in the middle of the field to get T'd up on.

Henderson improvises alot too, but at least in an option he has the choice of giving the ball up. He got battered tonight, but it wouldn't have mattered because his downfield passing just isn't good enough to beat a talented defense so they could blitz and cheat up for the run.

BRAVEHEART
09-17-2011, 10:38 PM
He was injured since they insist on making him run the ball so much. They brought in the back-up freshman QB Triplett who looked really good throwing the ball, so when EJ came back from the locker room I don't think they wanted to screw up the flow of things. Especially since Triplett made a huge TD pass on 3rd and 28 that tied the game.

EJ didn't look bad, but he wasn't making enough plays in the passing game to beat OU, but they do have a great defense. I also understand College is different, but I've seen EJ Henderson and Robert Griffin running some pretty ridiculous plays to get them banged up pretty nicely. Baylor runs double reverses and throws it to Griffin right in the middle of the field to get T'd up on.

Henderson improvises alot too, but at least in an option he has the choice of giving the ball up. He got battered tonight, but it wouldn't have mattered because his downfield passing just isn't good enough to beat a talented defense so they could blitz and cheat up for the run.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slideshows/890/slideshow_89044/display_image.jpg

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-17-2011, 11:30 PM

Clint Trickett didn't look good at all. He was bailed out by his receivers multiple times -- especially on the TD pass. Manuel was probably too injured to play, otherwise he would've been in the game.

SickwithIt1010
09-17-2011, 11:34 PM

hahaha Triplett threw that 3rd and 28 into triple coverage...that was horrible. He did nothing to show them he was a better option than Manuel.

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Manuel threw alot of check down passes, didn't really attempt to stretch the defense last night.

Babylon
09-18-2011, 10:53 AM
I thought he showed some good things and at other times was off on his throws. Better runner than i expected.

LonghornsLegend
09-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Eh, Manuel looked healthy enough to go to me but it's not like I would know. But as someone said above Manuel hardly challenged the defense deep. At least the passing lanes started opening up more. Trickett is a freshman who came in at the mid way point of the game, vs the #1 team in the country, who expected him to turn into all pro in that situation?

I don't think they even score a TD with Manuel especially when they were forced to pass.

hahaha Triplett threw that 3rd and 28 into triple coverage

And? It was 3rd and 28. Who was going to be in single coverage? It was none the less a huge TD pass which was all I said. I never said he dismantled that defense with his arm.

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 11:12 AM
So now you all are writing Manuel off as the guy to make things happen and take the team to the next level, since Ponder left. After all he did win a MVP with Ponder still aboard.

Babylon
09-18-2011, 12:08 PM
So now you all are writing Manuel off as the guy to make things happen and take the team to the next level, since Ponder left. After all he did win a MVP with Ponder still aboard.

I said he showed some good things and missed some others, what are we supposed to do give him a ticket to Canton based on hype?

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I said he showed some good things and missed some others, what are we supposed to do give him a ticket to Canton based on hype?

You're overexaggerating

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 04:12 PM
He didn't play exactly "lights out" on the big stage and he has been highly touted by alot of folks...he failed to live up to the hype being given to him.

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 04:15 PM
He didn't play exactly "lights out" on the big stage and he has been highly touted by alot of folks...he failed to live up to the hype being given to him.

If he wanted to he could go "Cam Newton" and take off once the play breaks down every play to make something happen, which would not be a problem for him at all. It's nothing for him to get 10 yards per carry!!!!

Can you say EFFORTLESS?

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Effortless

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Effortless

Thank you..... +rep your way!!!

SolidGold
09-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Ha thanks...ill throw some your way too. But in all honesty taking off and running effortlessly does not make a good QB. I was expecting Manuel to have a better performance especially with Jimbo Fischer's play calling.

TuckNole
09-18-2011, 08:43 PM
I don't think they even score a TD with Manuel especially when they were forced to pass.

EJ could/should (however you want to say it) have had 2 TD passes. Kenny Shaws first TD cach was negated by a holding call that had no effect on the play. And his second TD catch was dislodged by helmet-to-helmet unconsciousnes. Box score wont read it due to penalties, but EJ was effective considering he was going up against a defense that was top 10 last year and is likely just as good this year.

sbh15
09-18-2011, 09:22 PM
If he wanted to he could go "Cam Newton" and take off once the play breaks down every play to make something happen, which would not be a problem for him at all. It's nothing for him to get 10 yards per carry!!!!

Can you say EFFORTLESS?

i'm sorry, but if that had any hint of truth whatsoever, he would literally be running the ball every single play. there's absolutely no point in throwing a ball if you can 'effortlessly' get 10 yards rushing any time you want.

shylo3716
09-18-2011, 09:32 PM
i'm sorry, but if that had any hint of truth whatsoever, he would literally be running the ball every single play. there's absolutely no point in throwing a ball if you can 'effortlessly' get 10 yards rushing any time you want.

Take it from a Gator Lol

BuddyCHRIST
09-19-2011, 01:31 PM
The way Manuel throws the ball makes me very uneasy, he never lets the ball go and puts alot of air under everything. He has alot of arm strength but never ropes the ball to a spot.

After rewatching the game on TV it really bothered me more, he had many open guys than he wouldn't hit at the right time because he put too much air under the ball.

shylo3716
09-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Will he lose his starting spot to Trickett?

I'm quite sure next Spring there will be a Nick Saban type of battle amongst the 2.

SolidGold
09-24-2011, 11:19 PM
I like Trickett, he likes throwing it downfield. FSU has a good situation with two good QBs.

shylo3716
09-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I like Trickett, he likes throwing it downfield. FSU has a good situation with two good QBs.

I would hate to see "The Saban Scenario".

SolidGold
09-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Its better than the Spurrier Scenario

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
09-25-2011, 04:11 AM
The thing with Trickett is that he'll put up some decent stats, but he seems to fold whenever he's needed most (unfair to judge him on this in two games, but both times when he could lead a potential game winning/tying drive, he fails). He's just a freshman but seems like he'll be a solid QB for the future. I'd much rather have Manuel lead the offense for now.

BuddyCHRIST
09-25-2011, 11:40 PM
The thing with Trickett is that he'll put up some decent stats, but he seems to fold whenever he's needed most (unfair to judge him on this in two games, but both times when he could lead a potential game winning/tying drive, he fails). He's just a freshman but seems like he'll be a solid QB for the future. I'd much rather have Manuel lead the offense for now.

Come on now...

He had absolutely zero running game, sketchy pass protection at times, a young group of WR's and playing on the road. And almost led us to the win despite the defense turning in a horrible effort. He had a ball dropped on the potential game winning drive, a false start turn 4th and 4 into 4th and 9 and then zero protection on that final play.

To have anything negative to say about Trickett after that game is grasping at thin air.

FUNBUNCHER
09-26-2011, 06:04 AM
I like EJ Manuel's potential, but IMO Trickett seems like the better pure QB. That FSU offense looks like a different animal when Trickett is under center.

Trickett's the guy who's going to lead the Seminoles resurgence back to national prominence, and sadly not EJ.

Trickett appears to see things better downfield and has a more natural feel for the position, from what little I've seen of him.

shylo3716
05-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Will he be on the radar this year as a Top QB prospect?

Brown Leader
05-08-2012, 05:26 PM
The arm strength isn't where you'd expect a 6'4 245 guy's to be.

shylo3716
05-08-2012, 05:42 PM
The arm strength isn't where you'd expect a 6'4 245 guy's to be.

I've been saying the same thing about his arm strength but as an athlete he is a package, but that won't cut it at the next level.

ChiFan24
05-08-2012, 05:50 PM
I see more Omar Jacobs than Cam Newton...

BuddyCHRIST
05-09-2012, 11:42 AM
He has a strong arm, he just doesn't ever fire the ball. He lofts everything and is very inaccurate.

He is a clear example of why completion percentage has nothing to do with accuracy. He routinely throws behind receivers.

Im hoping he make a big jump this next year with his passing. He's got a good head on his shoulders and is cool under pressure, and the team seems to believe in him. He also has a good eye for when and how to run. But he has injury concerns and is not a polished passer. He has alot of work to do to be anything more than a developmental guy.

But then again Ryan Tannehill just went number 8.

GoGifGo
05-09-2012, 11:45 AM
As a nole fan, I hope he does well this year, but something about him makes me question if can stay durable enough.

Iamcanadian
05-10-2012, 12:15 AM
If he stays healthy and has a solid season, he is very likely a 1st rounder. Considering all the hype he is getting with little starting experience, I'd guess at this point that his ceiling is very high if he can put it together.

MassNole
11-14-2012, 11:32 AM
Today E.J. Manuel accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Caulibflower
12-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Could EJ Manuel play tight end? I am far more impressed with his athleticism than this throwing ability. If he's got good hands, some team could give him a shot as a ball carrier. I mean, that's kind of a big if, but some of his scrambles are really impressive for a guy as big as he is - he's got great agility and acceleration. Give him a year or two, and I think he could be a fantastic H-back type player for somebody. Of course, I'm sure he wants to play quarterback.

BuddyCHRIST
12-08-2012, 05:53 PM
He would get hurt if he played TE

Someone will take him in the top half of the draft, don't be surprised if he rises in the predraft process because he looks good in skeletons and will interview very well.

But unless he develops a lot he just won't be anything more than a backup. He just doesn't have the ability to sense pressure and throw with guys around him, add in that he is very inaccurate and that's about the 2 most important qualities in an NFL QB.

FUNBUNCHER
12-08-2012, 08:24 PM
EJ is the type of guy who should have at least a 10 year NFL career, even if it's not as a starter.
He's a guy many HCs would want on their football team to be the primary backup based on what I've seen of his game so far. And who knows if he develops a little more in the pros he may get an opportunity to start.

The guy is big, strong, athletic, high character and not a knucklehead.
Manuel should be around in the pros for a long time.