PDA

View Full Version : Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin

Legend234
01-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I like his game. Looks like a tougher, slightly less athletic, Dustin Keller. What is his draft projection?

Was he one of the wisconsin TE's who was killing miami in the bowl game last year?

PhinsRock
01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
I think he's the next Keller too. He's a better blocker now than Keller was at Purdue. I think he's got room to bulk up and become an even better blocker.

His pass catching is terrific. I think he'll end up being a solid 2nd round pick.

Scott Wright
01-01-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't think Kendricks is anywhere near Keller when it comes to speed or athleticism.

With that said he is arguably the top senior tight end prospect and a potential second or third round pick. I think Owen Daniels, a fellow Badger, might be a better comparison.

ThePudge
01-01-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm high on Kendricks. I think he's going to look like a monster without his shirt on at the Combine & Senior Bowl workouts. I think he'll elevate his stock to Late First-Mid Second Round range. Very complete player that may be utilized more as a pass-catcher in the NFL.

He's not as fast as Keller, but he's every bit of the receiver Owen Daniels was coming out, he's a better blocker, and I think he moves well enough to be considered a great TE/H-B prospect. One of the guys I think will be a big riser by February.

ElectricEye
01-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Hernandez early success helps his stock out a bit I think. No reason to think he can't come in and play a similar role. Should be a valuable contributer to an NFL team right away.

mario
01-02-2011, 06:28 AM
Hernandez early success helps his stock out a bit I think. No reason to think he can't come in and play a similar role. Should be a valuable contributer to an NFL team right away.
Hernandez will never be half the blocker Kendricks is. I think Kendricks will be fine as a "3 downs" TE. A decent blocker as a sixth player at the line, a great motion blocker...

ThePudge
01-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Hernandez will never be half the blocker Kendricks is. I think Kendricks will be fine as a "3 downs" TE. A decent blocker as a sixth player at the line, a great motion blocker...

Absolutely. I'd also argue that Kendricks never reached his full potential as a pass-catcher in college so I think people are sleeping on him in that regard. He's likely this draft class' most complete Tight End and is my highest rated player at the position (assuming Kyle Rudolph does not declare.)

I think the Senior Bowl and Combine will only help his stock and with an impressive showing (which I expect) I think he'll project to go much higher than the 3rd Round that many are projecting now.

RyanBraun8
01-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Being a Wisconsin fan I think the best comparison is a better blocking Travis Beckum. Both are similar when it comes to athletic ability and receiving threat, blocking is really the only big difference between the two. Both were really good high school WR's that were converted (Travis was also an All-American at OLB). I can kind of see the Owen Daniels one but I think last seasons Garrett Graham would have fit that comparison better. When Travis left and Lance started to set up in the second half of 2009 it was pretty much just Beckum 2.0 for the offense. Chyst was able to do all the same stuff that he did with Travis which really opened up the offense as everyone saw in the Champ Sport Bowl vs Miami where Kendricks just tore them apart.