PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut

JPP90
01-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Had an impressive game tonight vs a tough Oklahoma defense and is declaring for the draft. In this wide open RB class, where would he fall? Not very big but you don't have to be anymore in todays NFL where you're sharing carries. Great in open space and definently has the speed to turn the corner and run away from defenders. Has shown surprising toughness between the tackles as well on draws and isos in UConns lame shotgun offense. Now considering this guy will run behind a lead block in the NFL in an I Formation, the possibility is definently there that he can be a better pro back than college back. I think he should definently be considered after Ingram and in the mix with Leshoure and Hunter in the 2nd rd.

boknows34
01-02-2011, 03:08 AM
Shane P Hallam tweeted last night he sees Todman as a 2nd rd prospect.

brasho
01-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Reminds me of Ray Rice, another 2nd rounder that turned out okay.

Matthew Jones
01-02-2011, 08:29 AM
I see him as a late second round or early third round pick. Really talented runner, I'm just worried about the beating he took running between the tackles for two years with his frame.

Vox Populi
01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
4 posts in and everything thats been said makes him sound exactly like ray rice already.

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 11:31 AM
4 posts in and everything thats been said makes him sound exactly like ray rice already.

ray rice's knock was speed, his toughness and durability weren't an issue. He was a much more built player than Toddman, i dont see the comparison at all.

katnip
01-02-2011, 11:39 AM
ray rice's knock was speed, his toughness and durability weren't an issue. He was a much more built player than Toddman, i dont see the comparison at all.

this.. ray rice looks like a mini tank, not as big as mojo, but built thick

Bald_81
01-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Where would you guys rank Todman with the other draft eligible RBs? I personally like Ryan Williams a lot and would love for the Rams to draft him in the second, so he'd be behind him and Ingram. I haven't seen enough of LeShoure but he does look dangerous with good explosion and power.

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 12:00 PM
1. Mark Ingram*
2. Ryan Williams*
3. Shane Vereen*
4. Noel Devine
5. Mikel LeShoure*
6. LaMichael James**
7. DeMarco Murray
8. Kendall Hunter
9. Evan Royster
10. Jordan Todman*
11. Jamie Harper*
12. Mario Fannin
13. Delone Carter
14. Graig Cooper
15. Daniel Thomas
16. Jacquizz Rodgers*

This is just how i feel, its a very deep class, but there's no standout players just a bunch of guys who all have decent potential.

DBNYDP
01-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Ryan Williams has too many injury concerns, and his production was very low this year. With those concerns I don't think he is worth a 1st or even a second...

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Ryan Williams has too many injury concerns, and his production was very low this year. With those concerns I don't think he is worth a 1st or even a second...

i agree with the first, but i feel he's worth a mid second. Ingram is the only guy id give a late first on.

thebow305
01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
1. Mark Ingram*
2. Ryan Williams*
3. Shane Vereen*
4. Noel Devine
5. Mikel LeShoure*
6. LaMichael James**
7. DeMarco Murray
8. Kendall Hunter
9. Evan Royster
10. Jordan Todman*
11. Jamie Harper*
12. Mario Fannin
13. Delone Carter
14. Graig Cooper
15. Daniel Thomas
16. Jacquizz Rodgers*

This is just how i feel, its a very deep class, but there's no standout players just a bunch of guys who all have decent potential.

Wow, VERY high on Vereen and not so much on DT or Quizz huh? You really think Delone Carter and Graig Cooper are better than those guys? That shows me you obviously are living in the past and haven't watched a down of Miami football this year. Cooper has no burst anymore after the knee injury. He's just not that good anymore. No better than a late rounder at this point IMO.

thebow305
01-02-2011, 01:59 PM
These are my running back ranks so far (Top 15):

1. Mark Ingram, Alabama (1st)
2. Mikel LeShoure, Illinois (Late 1st-Mid 2nd)
3. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma (Mid to Late 2nd)
4. Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech (Late 2nd-Early 3rd)
5. Kendall Hunter, Oklahoma State (Mid 3rd-Early 4th)
6. Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon State (Mid 3rd-Early 4th)
7. Daniel Thomas, Kansas State (Mid 3rd-Mid 4th)
8. Noel Devine, West Virginia (Mid 3rd-Early 4th)
9. Allen Bradford, Southern California (Mid 4th-Early 5th)
10. Shane Vereen, California (5th)
11. Evan Royster, Penn State (5th-6th)
12. Jordan Todman, Connecticut (5th-6th)
13. Dion Lewis, Pittsburgh (5th-6th)
14. Jamie Harper, Clemson (5th-6th)
15. John Clay, Wisconsin (5th-6th

JPP90
01-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, VERY high on Vereen and not so much on DT or Quizz huh? You really think Delone Carter and Graig Cooper are better than those guys? That shows me you obviously are living in the past and haven't watched a down of Miami football this year. Cooper has no burst anymore after the knee injury. He's just not that good anymore. No better than a late rounder at this point IMO.

In defense of Delone Carter, the guy is very underrated by fans that don't know much about him. He does have hip issues and a shaky past but what he's done behind a bad Syracuse line without the threat of the pass is nothing short of amazing.

He's also very low on Todman and way too high on Royster, but whatever.

scottyboy
01-02-2011, 02:12 PM
todman is absolutely NOTHING like Ray Rice. There is literally no comparison except they played for Big East teams and might both go 2nd round...

Hurricanes25
01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
todman is absolutely NOTHING like Ray Rice. There is literally no comparison except they played for Big East teams and might both go 2nd round...

Exactly. Todman is more like Warrick Dunn than Ray Rice. The Todman to Rice comparsion is terrible.

thebow305
01-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Exactaly. Todman is more like Warrick Dunn than Ray Rice. The Todman to Rice comparsion is terrible.

It really is terrible.

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 03:06 PM

Yeah Vereen is a guy that i expect to do better in the pro's than in college. Carter is a beast, like the other guy said, he has been underrated this year. I loved Cooper when he was a Fresh/Soph but your right i havent seen him in awhile, he really can't bounce back from his injuries? to even play WR?

Thomas looked absolutely horrible versus Syracuse, and in other games he's looked good but it looks moreso because of how good the play design is than him. that's just my opinion. And as far as Jacquizz, i love how he avoids taking big hits and fumbling, its just that 2 or 3 yards a carry (the games i've watched him) isn't going to cut it. I wish him well but that is a red flag for me.

brasho
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
It really is terrible.

Just watched the game the other day and saw Todman run hard at a size that was very much like Rice when he left Rutgers. The question about Rice was his speed but he ended up running the low 4.4 range which is about where Todman will run.

brasho
01-02-2011, 07:33 PM
And considering Ray RIce, according to NFL-draft-scout was listed before the combine at 5'9 195, just like Todman, they were both fed the ball an astonishing number of times their last season in, they should both run in the same range, that Todman runs bigger than his frame would suggest... I see the comparison. Now I have no idea if he can catch the ball like Rice... but other than that, the comparison is very valid.

scottyboy
01-02-2011, 07:56 PM
no, not at all. like, it's not even close.
but yea, let's just base it off their combine or projected combine numbers.
and no, it's not like I've seen Ray Rice run as much, if not more than everyone else here, along with a boatload of Todman.
they're both short and from the Big East.
Todman is quicker/shiftier. Meanwhile, Raymell baby has much more power. I mean honestly, have you seen his thighs?

Sniper
01-02-2011, 07:58 PM
I mean honestly, have you seen his thighs?

Can you describe them for me again?

JPP90
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
no, not at all. like, it's not even close.
but yea, let's just base it off their combine or projected combine numbers.
and no, it's not like I've seen Ray Rice run as much, if not more than everyone else here, along with a boatload of Todman.
they're both short and from the Big East.
Todman is quicker/shiftier. Meanwhile, Raymell baby has much more power. I mean honestly, have you seen his thighs?

I think what they're trying to say is that even though they're built differently, they're similar runners. Todman does a lot of running between the tackles too. I don't think you can say he's a one trick pony...he runs with power too. It isn't the most ideal comparison for Todman but I can see where they are coming from.

scottyboy
01-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Can you describe them for me again?

Picture this: you're sitting out on a porch on a warm summer's day. You're watching the neighborhood girls on their daily summer run. Yeah, they're hot. Too hot to be underage, so you're good. And they're wearing those tight, tiny booty shorts. Mhm, now that's juicy. To add to that, you have a sweet, sweet summers peach, (not a nectarine, you can handle the fuzz easy). You bite into it, it's so ripe, perfect. Oh so juicy and succulent. Take the entire juiciness of this moment, and multiply it by 27, and that is how juicy Raymell baby Rice's thighs are.

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 09:32 PM
lawl, Ray Rice ran through people on a regular basis. Todman is more elusive, they aren't similar...just live with your bad comparison.

ElectricEye
01-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Todman can carve out a niche as a third down back in the NFL. I don't buy him at all as a primary ball carrier because he's too small and really doesn't have the speed...but he's shifty, elusive, and patient. If he can show that he can block, could be a real useful piece on an offense.

JFINK11
01-03-2011, 12:07 PM
I don't think Todman is anything like Ray Rice. The Comparison is just so off. Ray Rice is a much more powerful runner and may be just as elusive. Sure he wasn't elite in his measurables as you prefer but thats why he fell to the 2nd round. Todman may get into the 2nd round because this is a terrible class...but is not the same level of prospect as Ray Rice....Ray Rice was in the deepest runningback class ever

McFadden
Stewart
Jones
Mendenahll
Johnson
Forte

and finally Rice.... He would've gone higher in any normal draft.

That being said, Todman kinda reminds me of a slower McCoy if you wanna stick with the Big East comparison. he's shifty with moves and doesnt run a lot between the tackles. He hits a hole when its there but isn't the type a back who makes something out of nothing between the tackles. I see him as a mid third round guy personally.

brasho
01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I don't think Todman is anything like Ray Rice. The Comparison is just so off. Ray Rice is a much more powerful runner and may be just as elusive. Sure he wasn't elite in his measurables as you prefer but thats why he fell to the 2nd round. Todman may get into the 2nd round because this is a terrible class...but is not the same level of prospect as Ray Rice....Ray Rice was in the deepest runningback class ever

McFadden
Stewart
Jones
Mendenahll
Johnson
Forte

and finally Rice.... He would've gone higher in any normal draft.

That being said, Todman kinda reminds me of a slower McCoy if you wanna stick with the Big East comparison. he's shifty with moves and doesnt run a lot between the tackles. He hits a hole when its there but isn't the type a back who makes something out of nothing between the tackles. I see him as a mid third round guy personally.

I have to admit, the most I've seen of Todman was the Oklahoma game, and he did try to run between the tackles in that one and he didn't go down from arm tackles and had good balance and a low center of gravity. I haven't seen ANYTHING of him before... but from that one game-Ray Rice.

scottyboy
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
Todman played REALLY well and ran REALLY hard in that bowl game, but that's not who he is. Even Brandon Jacobs will beat a man to the corner and have a big gain, but that's not him. Todman isn't a lightweight who goes down easy, but doesn't have the power Raymell baby has at all. I REALLY like Todman, but he's not that powerful and not as good a prospect in my eyes. I REALLY liked the Warrick Dunn comparison

phlysac
01-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Alot needs to be said for the UConn OL

PhinsRock
01-04-2011, 02:28 PM
The draft grade he got back was a late 2nd round grade.

Good for him. Great story and he's a hero up here in Dartmouth, MA.