PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore, S, UCLA

xxxxxxxx
01-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Is he still a 1st round safety?

Just curious because i'm a cowboys fan.

I have no idea about anything about him, so I would appreciate details.

Matthew Jones
01-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Nice size (could add a little weight), super durable, hard worker, terrific ball skills, great instincts, great in zone coverage deep, very aggressive, needs a little bit of work in tackling technique. Teams avoided throwing near him this year. I'd draft him in the first round, I think he goes somewhere in the top 40 picks.

xxxxxxxx
01-02-2011, 10:12 AM
So you think he would be the answer ffor the cowboys at FS?

A Perfect Score
01-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I dont have him as a first rounder just yet, he's more of a second round guy IMO. He isn't really a collision athlete and because his tackling technique is oftentimes poor, he's really not going to be much of a factor at the NFL level in the run game. He can't offer the knockout punch like a top tier safety should be able to, although he's a hell of a center fielder if thats the type of player you want at your FS position. Its odd, because he actually has great size for the safety position. RoP is right in saying his frame looks like it could support some more weight though, he's lean. Think Reggie Nelson who is actually smart enough to read. Now I dont think his stock is that high at the moment and if he does sneak into the first it will be in the last several picks, but I agree he's a Top 40 player.

xxxxxxxx
01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Could the cowboys trade up from there 2nd to nab him?

crites09
01-02-2011, 12:40 PM
I hope he falls to the Bengals in round 2

LonghornsLegend
01-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't see a Safety going in the 1st round, and with the first 5 picks in the 2nd round they'll all be there so Dallas could get their pick of a Safety. I think Rahim Moore is probably the best fit but Deunta Williams is pretty nice looking as well.

So I doubt a trade up is needed, but it's possible. I love those centerfield types and Moore is a guy who if you can provide some pressure up front and force bad throws he'll take advantage of it.