PDA

View Full Version : Updated Draft Order

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Here is what I have, let me know if there are any errors at this point.

1. CAR
2. DEN
3. BUF
4. CIN
5. ARI
6. CLE
7. SF
8. TEN
9. DAL
10. WAS
11. HOU
12. MIN
13. DET
14. STL
15. MIA
16. JAC
17. OAK
18. SD
19. NYG
20. TB

shylo3716
01-02-2011, 06:40 PM
When can we expect an updated mock from you?

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2011, 06:41 PM
When can we expect an updated mock from you?

Not until the underclassmen deadline is up. Pointless to do it before then.

shylo3716
01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Not until the underclassmen deadline is up. Pointless to do it before then.

Figured that I was looking for a specific date.

descendency
01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
The two highest picks are teams that drafted QBs into "safe" positions (because they were good teams with good talent around them with established starters who could play until they were ready) and both are drafting in the top 2.

(Clausen and Tebow)

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Figured that I was looking for an estimated date.

I'll probably do something right before the Senior Bowl then right after to note the difference.

Babylon
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Does that take all the tiebreakers into play? there are potentially 8 teams i can see with 6 loses.

shylo3716
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Cleveland will be the most interesting team to me to see who they will pick because of their draft position as of now.

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Does that take all the tiebreakers into play? there are potentially 8 teams i can see with 6 loses.

This is with the SOS tiebreakers in tact.

descendency
01-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Cleveland will be the most interesting team to me to see who they will pick because of their draft position as of now.

The Bengals have some interest in do they take a QB or take another position and stay with Palmer?

shylo3716
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
The Bengals have some interest in do they take a QB or take another position and stay with Palmer?

Throughout the season Cleveland was not near the Top 5 in mocks if I can recall right.

Babylon
01-02-2011, 06:52 PM
This is with the SOS tiebreakers in tact.

that means about 11 spot differance if Seattle wins tonight, not sure it's worth it.

crites09
01-02-2011, 06:52 PM

Bengals will stick with Palmer at least one more year... I see us going either Patrick Peterson (as a FS) or AJ Green

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:01 PM
that means about 11 spot differance if Seattle wins tonight, not sure it's worth it.

hmmmm....make the NFL PLAYOFFS, or pick in the top 10, not sure which I'd rather do. :/

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Bengals will stick with Palmer at least one more year... I see us going either Patrick Peterson (as a FS) or AJ Green

no one is gonna draft Peterson and put him at free safety.

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM

best defensive player available or AJ Green. Thing is we don't know what defensive scheme we will run next year b/c we don't know who the coach is gonna be.

Pat Sims 90
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I am pretty Sure the Bengals pick 3rd because of SOS but i may be wrong

General Zod
01-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Nevermind, I found it..

Babylon
01-02-2011, 07:06 PM
hmmmm....make the NFL PLAYOFFS, or pick in the top 10, not sure which I'd rather do. :/

Seeing as they're lousy i think a jump like that (for every round) would be the better way to go.

Babylon
01-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Where can we see the SOS at? Doesnt seem like Minn should be picking there. There are a lot of 6 win teams.

I see Seattle would be picking before you guys. that's a shame:-D

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2011, 07:09 PM
I am pretty Sure the Bengals pick 3rd because of SOS but i may be wrong

I'm looking at http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfSchedule/order/true

which puts Buffalo 3 and Cincy 4.

TitanHope
01-02-2011, 07:11 PM
So if Seattle wins, do the Titans become #8?

Cause 8 if my favorite number ya'll!!!

eagles6606
01-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Its hard to believe Seattle could be #8 or #21...shows how bad the NFC West is

Babylon
01-02-2011, 07:15 PM
So if Seattle wins, do the Titans become #8?

Cause 8 if my favorite number ya'll!!!

If you promise not to take a QB you can have #8. I thought you were going to say it was your high score in bowling.

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Seeing as they're lousy i think a jump like that (for every round) would be the better way to go.

take the division title over picking in the top 10 every day of the week brother.

crites09
01-02-2011, 07:19 PM
no one is gonna draft Peterson and put him at free safety.

Why wouldn't they???? He has the size to do it... He is more athletic than Malcom Jenkins and he made the switch just fine and is a playmaker for the Saints back there so I don't see it being to far fetched

wonderbredd24
Well done Detroit... you certainly gutted your draft pick

crites09
I'm looking at http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/strengthOfSchedule/order/true

which puts Buffalo 3 and Cincy 4.

Does it count that Buffalo beat Cincy lol

I think you have it mixed up Shane... Bengals SOS is .582 and Bills is .578 so that puts us in front of them

TitanHope
01-02-2011, 07:20 PM
If you promise not to take a QB you can have #8. I thought you were going to say it was your high score in bowling.

My score in bowling is much, much lower.

I would like me some Nick Fairley, though!

Giantsfan1080
01-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Does it count that Buffalo beat Cincy lol

I think you have it mixed up Shane... Bengals SOS is .582 and Bills is .578 so that puts us in front of them

It's the other way around. It goes by the SOS that is worse. The Bills played an "easier" schedule and still lost the same number of games.

brasho
01-02-2011, 07:24 PM
take the division title over picking in the top 10 every day of the week brother.

No, even as a Seattle fan you have to root against the Seahawks because of the travesty it would be if a 7-9 team made the playoffs while two 10-6 teams that whipped them are on the outside looking in.

Besides that, any playoff or fringe playoff team will dump Seattle by at least 20 points in the playoffs even playing in Seattle.

Case in point: One 10-6 team already beat Seattle 41-7 while another 10-6 team that didn't seem to play as well at home (4-4) as on the road (6-2) pasted them at home 38-15...and these are teams not "good enough" to make the playoffs!

crites09
01-02-2011, 07:28 PM
It's the other way around. It goes by the SOS that is worse. The Bills played an "easier" schedule and still lost the same number of games.

ah I see. Thank you

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:37 PM
you can get just as good a player at 21 as you can at 8 history has proven. One draft will not make or a break a team for years to come. A division title is something you get to keep forever and remember. Not to mention the players get playoff experience. I can't see how anyone wouldn't want to win a division title in any circumstance.

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Why wouldn't they???? He has the size to do it... He is more athletic than Malcom Jenkins and he made the switch just fine and is a playmaker for the Saints back there so I don't see it being to far fetched

Jenkins had questions about his speed, and so they put him at safety and he's a star there so far in New Orleans. Peterson doesn't have those downfalls, he's gonna be a CB and likely a shutdown CB for whatever team takes him. If you have a player who can lock down an opposing #1 WR, you don't put him at safety. They'd be better off putting Peterson at CB and moving Hall or Joseph to the 3rd CB/NB spot than they would be putting one at safety. CB is a much more important position.

shylo3716
01-02-2011, 07:44 PM
you can get just as good a player at 21 as you can at 8 history has proven. One draft will not make or a break a team for years to come. A division title is something you get to keep forever and remember. Not to mention the players get playoff experience. I can't see how anyone wouldn't want to win a division title in any circumstance.

I would say look at Oakland, but life after Russell seems pretty good for them.

crites09
01-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Jenkins had questions about his speed, and so they put him at safety and he's a star there so far in New Orleans. Peterson doesn't have those downfalls, he's gonna be a CB and likely a shutdown CB for whatever team takes him. If you have a player who can lock down an opposing #1 WR, you don't put him at safety. They'd be better off putting Peterson at CB and moving Hall or Joseph to the 3rd CB/NB spot than they would be putting one at safety. CB is a much more important position.

So having an athlete play center field would be a bad thing? I think if he has the cover skills to be a shutdown corner he should be a very successful safety as well. It makes a difference having a game changer at safety... see Ed Reed or Troy P.

Scotty D
01-02-2011, 07:49 PM

Schwartz went from 2-14 to 6-10 and put Minnesota in the cellar. I think most Lion fans will take that.

Babylon
01-02-2011, 07:49 PM

My motivation is to get a QB in the draft, preferably Jake Locker. If asked do i want to win a dogshit division or get Jake Locker then i'll take the QB.

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I would say look at Oakland, but life after Russell seems pretty good for them.

drafting a QB #1 overall, paying him $30M or whatever, and then him busting is one thing. Picking a bust at #21 isn't quite the same thing.

So having an athlete play center field would be a bad thing? I think if he has the cover skills to be a shutdown corner he should be a very successful safety as well. It makes a difference having a game changer at safety... see Ed Reed or Troy P.

Not the point. If he has the tools to be a shutdown corner you put him at cornerback and leave him there. The only time they move guys like that to safety usually is if it's late in their career and they've lost a step or two (Rod Woodson, Troy Vincent, etc.).

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:52 PM
My motivation is to get a QB in the draft, preferably Jake Locker. If asked do i want to win a dogshit division or get Jake Locker then i'll take the QB.

well Locker isnt' gonna be a top 10 pick. I'm pretty certain he'll be a late first rounder at best if he has a great senior bowl and workout after his crappy senior year. Now guys like Da'Quan Bowers, Prince Amukamara, Julio Jones, Marcell Dareus, etc. you will be missing out on.

Scott Wright
01-02-2011, 07:52 PM
We can stop talking about the $30 million, $50 million, etc. for these top picks.

Those days are over.

It's looking like the #1 pick from here on out will get about $15 million guaranteed.

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 07:53 PM
i was alluding to what Jamarcus Russell got paid. God Scott, read. :D

brat316
01-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Guaranteed is lowered, so now top 10 teams can take a little more risk.

Bobo
01-02-2011, 07:55 PM
I would like me some Nick Fairley, though!

Yep. Or Dareus. Not sure of any of the other inside guys, or any of the DE's (or if they'd even consider DE with the current roster).

Scott Wright
01-02-2011, 08:11 PM
i was alluding to what Jamarcus Russell got paid. God Scott, read. :D

Ha, sorry about that.

I've seen others mention money being a factor in other threads though.

Money is no longer a problem.

RealityCheck
01-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I am so lazy that I will root for STL to win tonight because I don't want to memorize the whole order all over again. ;D

wonderbredd24
01-02-2011, 08:18 PM
Schwartz went from 2-14 to 6-10 and put Minnesota in the cellar. I think most Lion fans will take that.
I hope that 3rd place finish gives you warm and fuzzies as you watch Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara go off the board and you're having to decide whether or not it's too early to draft Janoris Jenkins, Brandon Harris, or the top offensive lineman.

The_Dude
01-02-2011, 08:21 PM
How much do you think the new guaranteed money setup will affect trades at the top of the draft?

Scotty D
01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
I hope that 3rd place finish gives you warm and fuzzies as you watch Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara go off the board and you're having to decide whether or not it's too early to draft Janoris Jenkins, Brandon Harris, or the top offensive lineman.

http://i.imgur.com/x66oN.jpg

I think they will be ok.

Scott Wright
01-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Ha, my thoughts exactly! :o)

wonderbredd24
01-02-2011, 08:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/x66oN.jpg

I think they will be ok.
Why? After the draft is over, is he gonna throw on some pads and block Julius Peppers?

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 08:34 PM
You have about 40 guys back on your team in an average year, I'd rather take the momentum and positive affirmation that comes from winning than select 4-5 spots earlier.

Honestly, the Lions are the WORST example you could think of if you were arguing losing is better than winning. It's about developing a culture of winning. It's not Madden.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Also, for as wrong as people constantly are around here, you'd think people would be a little more humbled about what a complete crapshoot the draft is.

wonderbredd24
01-02-2011, 08:37 PM
You have about 40 guys back on your team in an average year, I'd rather take the momentum and positive affirmation that comes from winning than select 4-5 spots earlier.

Honestly, the Lions are the WORST example you could think of if you were arguing losing is better than winning. It's about developing a culture of winning. It's not Madden.
Certainly worked for the Browns last year

alexthegr8
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
What the hell are the Bills going to do? Ralph Wilson has offically joined Al Davis as the most unpredictable drafter in the league. My early guess is that they either become enamored with Mallett or Newton, or perhaps they go Green.

wonderbredd24
01-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Also, for as wrong as people constantly are around here, you'd think people would be a little more humbled about what a complete crapshoot the draft is.
The NFL Draft is not a crapshoot. It's Poker. You get good hands, you get bad hands, but the best players consistently end up at the final table year in and year out.

If you want a crapshoot, you're looking for the NBA Draft.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Certainly worked for the Browns last year
But all of those top 5 picks the Browns have had DID work out great.

Again, great example.

shylo3716
01-02-2011, 08:41 PM

I have the gut feeling 1 or both stays.

Jenkins did not play in the Bowl Game due to injury, although he is still fighting for the #3 spot. Harris got abused in a lot of eyes which may hurt his stock a little.

Who does Detroit go with if both CBs don't come out?

GB12
01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Win and they're in the playoffs, lose and they have the 8th pick. That's crazy.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
The NFL Draft is not a crapshoot. It's Poker. You get good hands, you get bad hands, but the best players consistently end up at the final table year in and year out.

If you want a crapshoot, you're looking for the NBA Draft.
The best players in the NBA are almost always taken in the top 10 picks. You can hardly say the same about the NFL.

But you basically made my point for me again. It's not where you pick, it's how you pick. I'd rather feel good that the players my GM drafted are winning than take another chance on him busting in the top 10.

There's a reason the same franchises are in the top 10 year after year.

wonderbredd24
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM

Again, great example.
Sigh...

the Browns won their last 4 games down the stretch last year and ended up picking 7th in the draft and finished 5-11 this year and will be picking 6th. They took Joe Haden with the 7th pick last year, who is a good player thus far. The last time they picked in the Top 5, they took Joe Thomas in 2007.

RealityCheck
01-02-2011, 08:44 PM
I'll guess Nate Solder will be the pick for Detroit at #14.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Sigh...

the Browns won their last 4 games down the stretch last year and ended up picking 7th in the draft and finished 5-11 this year and will be picking 6th. They took Joe Haden with the 7th pick last year, who is a good player thus far. The last time they picked in the Top 5, they took Joe Thomas in 2007.
So....it did work out for them. They also took Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, and Braylon Edwards.

You gain nothing by losing. You've yet to make that argument at all.

TitanHope
01-02-2011, 08:46 PM

They can always do this whole "trading up" thing.

Honestly, this is silly. The Titans went 8-8 last year and won a meaningless game at the end against Seattle to worsen their draft position. Their #1 need was DE. What happened? Derrick Morgan fell right to them.

If I'm a Detroit fan, 6-10 gives me warm and fuzzies. Because all those high draft picks the last decade has sure made the team sooo much better currently.

You guys put way too much stake in the draft. It's not like the Lions are after a QB either, which is the only position worth tanking for.

wonderbredd24
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
The best players in the NBA are almost always taken in the top 10 picks. You can hardly say the same about the NFL.

But you basically made my point for me again. It's not where you pick, it's how you pick. I'd rather feel good that the players my GM drafted are winning than take another chance on him busting in the top 10.

There's a reason the same franchises are in the top 10 year after year.
If I have a great GM, I'd still like to give him the best starting hand possible. Yea, he can make a good pick regardless of where he is, but he can't pick a guy who has already been picked.

Would I rather start with a pair of aces or a pair of 8's?

Michigan

Lawl. Ask any Detroit fan and they'll take the wins. To hell with the draft. We were in the top 10 for almost an entire decade and where did it get us? I'm glad we're out of that s***hole.

shylo3716
Win and they're in the playoffs, lose and they have the 8th pick. That's crazy.

I see it as a win win situation.....They get the best of both world's either way,Top 10 Draft pick or get a "chance" to go to the Super Bowl.

GB12
01-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I'll guess Nate Solder will be the pick for Detroit at #14.

Doubt it. Probably Ayers or Kerrigan.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 08:52 PM
They can always do this whole "trading up" thing.

Honestly, this is silly. The Titans went 8-8 last year and won a meaningless game at the end against Seattle to worsen their draft position. Their #1 need was DE. What happened? Derrick Morgan fell right to them.

If I'm a Detroit fan, 6-10 gives me warm and fuzzies. Because all those high draft picks the last decade has sure made the team sooo much better currently.

You guys put way too much stake in the draft. It's not like the Lions are after a QB either, which is the only position worth tanking for.
Exactly.

If my team didn't have a franchise QB, was going to fire it's head coach and GM, and mostly had a roster of old players, I would root for them to lose (see: Minnesota Vikings).

For a young roster that has a QB and a stable front office? It's a no-brainer. It's better to prove that the players you already have are on the right track than to **** things up on purpose so you can move up a few spots for a wide receiver or something. This isn't the NBA.

wonderbredd24
01-02-2011, 09:05 PM
So....it did work out for them. They also took Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, and Braylon Edwards.

You gain nothing by losing. You've yet to make that argument at all.
If you're going off most of the Browns history since re-entering the league, you would come away with the opinion they shouldn't even bother showing up to the draft at all, regardless of where they pick. They sucked at picking #1 all the way to the 7th round. Where they picked in round 1 was immaterial.

That is a horrible argument.

Mr.Regular
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
BF51 is right.
Winning the last 4 games of the season and finally gaining some positive momentum heading into the offseason is much more important than tanking yet another year to jump up a handful of spots in the draft.
These consistent losing teams, like Detroit, need to prove they can succeed and create a culture of winning...the last thing they need is to gamble on yet another high pick.
Finally proving you can get on the right track>a better chance to get a player like Prince Amukamara.

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 09:08 PM
If you're going off most of the Browns history since re-entering the league, you would come away with the opinion they shouldn't even bother showing up to the draft at all, regardless of where they pick. They sucked at picking #1 all the way to the 7th round. Where they picked in round 1 was immaterial.

That is a horrible argument.
But had they won more games, it would have been an indicator that people in the organization actually knew what the **** they were doing, and that the players were actually worth keeping.

Instead, they sucked year after year, and had high picks, and still continued to suck year after year.

High draft picks don't make your team good. Intelligent staff and coaches, as well as stability and luck, do.

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 09:15 PM

this

Again, great example.

and this.

winning and finding ways to win consistently on a week to week basis and improving is far more valuable than picking a few spots higher. If you're not going to the playoffs tank every game to get a higher pick? That's ludicrous. When teams play well at the end of the year the optimism usually carries on into the next season and teams (like Cincinnati in 2005 and in 2009) go on to great seasons.

lionsfan320
01-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Hey, I remember in 2005, when the Lions were set to draft #2 overall, then Joey Ballgame led the team to a meaningless win over New Orleans, which dropped them down to #10. With that choice, we took WR Mike Williams.

We all know how well that worked out for us right? RIGHT?!?!?

No, but seriously, I'm not loving the #14 pick, but it's not like we can't get a top notch starter there.. We have needs at OL, LB, DB, etc..

I wouldn't be upset with Solder, Jenkins, Ayers, Von Miller etc.. Just because we would lose out on Prince or Peterson doesn't mean Mayhew is going to severely reach on the pick..

If anything, I see Mayhew taking one of the above mentioned players at #14 and trading back up into the first round later on. He always seems to get 2 first round picks. Like other Lions fans here, I have faith in Martin Mayhew. Also, we still would have the whole free agency period to get through. How many times have we seen someone's mock change drastically from pre-free agency to post-free agency? Shoot, the Lions may pick up Champ Bailey (not likely, I know, but still possible)

In the end, I, as a Lions fan, would rather show progress than draft a few spots higher, although I am not at all saying that drafting a top five player wouldn't help out a lot.

jrdrylie
01-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Doubt it. Probably Ayers or Kerrigan.

The Lions don't need Kerrigan. Avril and Suh are rising stars. D-Line is way down on the list of needs for the Lions. I think 14 is a good spot to take Sherrod and I doubt he goes before then.

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 09:21 PM
i dont get how the giants are 19 and tampa is 20, if we would make the playoffs over tampa we clearly have a better divisional record right? so wouldnt that also mean we should pick later with the same record as them?

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 09:23 PM
i dont get how the giants are 19 and tampa is 20, if we would make the playoffs over tampa we clearly have a better divisional record right? so wouldnt that also mean we should pick later with the same record as them?
All that matters is strength of schedule. Tampa must have had a harder schedule than New York.

jrdrylie
01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
All that matters is strength of schedule. Tampa must have had a harder schedule than New York.

I bet a lot of people are surprised to see that Tampa has a harder schedule than the Giants. Everyone on this forum seems to think Tampa hasn't played anybody all season.

keylime_5
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Cincinnati picks 3rd don't they? What is the SOS?

bearsfan_51
01-02-2011, 09:36 PM
No. Buffalo passed Cincy. Happened in week 17.

Xiomera
01-02-2011, 09:42 PM

No Lions fan gives a damn.

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 09:44 PM
I bet a lot of people are surprised to see that Tampa has a harder schedule than the Giants. Everyone on this forum seems to think Tampa hasn't played anybody all season.

well we really didn't play that many great teams either.

Carolina, Indy, Tennessee, Houston, Chicago, Detroit, Dallas (2X), Washington (2X), Seattle, Philadelphia(2X), Minnesota, and Green Bay.

Indy, Chicago, Philadelphia, and Green Bay are the only teams above .500 right?

Rabscuttle
01-02-2011, 10:25 PM
If the guaranteed money is lowered like has been mentioned in this thread we could actually see teams attempting to trade into the top 5. Over the past few years it seems teams couldn't unload a top 5 pick unless it was with another top 5 team and a quarterback was involved. When's the last time a team traded into the top 5? I think the Jets moving to 6 for Sanchez was the highest a team has climbed in quite awhile. Feel free to chime in with the obvious that the altzheimers has claimed.

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2011, 10:27 PM
If the guaranteed money is lowered like has been mentioned in this thread we could actually see teams attempting to trade into the top 5. Over the past few years it seems teams couldn't unload a top 5 pick unless it was with another top 5 team and a quarterback was involved. When's the last time a team traded into the top 5? I think the Jets moving to 6 for Sanchez was the highest a team has climbed in quite awhile. Feel free to chime in with the obvious that the altzheimers has claimed.

Jets traded to 5 to get Sanchez

BaLLiN
01-02-2011, 10:29 PM
well seattle just won, so this changes your order

marshallb
01-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Yay! Vikings now pick 12th instead of 13th.

TitanHope
01-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Lucky #8!

Whooooo!!!

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2011, 10:33 PM
well seattle just won, so this changes your order

Already was updated.

GB12
01-02-2011, 11:35 PM

Not true. It's not that they hadn't played anybody, it's that (until today) they hadn't beaten anyone. New Orleans is the only team that they beat that has a winning record.

essential
01-03-2011, 12:28 AM
here we come Cam Newton.

Babylon
01-03-2011, 12:36 AM
here we come Cam Newton.

I'm counting on it:

Luck-Carolina
Newton-Bills
Mallett-Vikings
Locker-Seahawks

Scott Wright
01-03-2011, 02:53 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Draft-Order.php

bigmac076
01-10-2011, 07:14 AM
I was wondering if picks 21, 22, 23, and 24 were set yet

bruschis4all
01-10-2011, 07:45 AM
If Seattle doesn't make the Super Bowl, they will pick 21st. Even if they win at Chicago. 22-24 are set if that happens. KC -22, Indy - 23, Philly -24. GB moves to the back of the 10-6 teams because they are the only ones who won. They will pick 25th unless they make it to the Super bowl.

AkiliSmith
01-10-2011, 07:52 AM
If Seattle doesn't make the Super Bowl, they will pick 21st. Even if they win at Chicago. 22-24 are set if that happens. KC -22, Indy - 23, Philly -24. GB moves to the back of the 10-6 teams because they are the only ones who won. They will pick 25th unless they make it to the Super bowl.
New rules this year

21-24 are losers from wildcard round, ordered by record and strength of sched
25-28 losers from division round, record and S.O.S.
29-30 losers from conference championship, record and S.O.S.
31 is SB runner up
32 is SB champ

Morton
01-10-2011, 08:00 AM
So 21-24 are set right now at:

21. Kansas City (10-6, .414 opp win/loss)
22. Indianapolis (10-6, .473 opp win/loss)
23. Philadelphia (10-6, .492 opp win/loss)
24. New Orleans (11-5)

?

bruschis4all
01-10-2011, 08:03 AM
New rules this year

31 is SB runner up
32 is SB champ

Didn't realize they changed the playoff rules. I knew that they changed the rule of a non-playoff team picking after a playoff team. But, didn't realize it went that far. I think it's good. If they're going to let you in the playoffs at 7-9 and you win a game. At least you pick lower than you should. I think Seattle was going 7th or 8th if they had lost to St. Louis. What a difference 2 weeks make.

RealityCheck
01-10-2011, 08:27 AM
New rules this year

31 is SB runner up
32 is SB champ
Not this year, these rules have been around since 2009.

keylime_5
01-10-2011, 09:17 AM
yeah, they changed the playoff draft order rules last year. makes sense too.

xxxxxxxx
01-10-2011, 09:28 AM
And the colts have the curse of pick #22!!!

Gah my hatred for peyton manning just keeps getting better.

Morton
01-10-2011, 09:35 AM
And the colts have the curse of pick #22!!!

Gah my hatred for peyton manning just keeps getting better.

Why is pick #22 cursed?

Matthew Jones
01-10-2011, 09:42 AM
New rules this year

31 is SB runner up
32 is SB champ

Really? Where did you hear that? I'm not accusing you or anything, I just didn't get the memo.

bruschis4all
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Lord Polian better have a good draft. I'd imagine a good dt or two might have helped somewhere along the line but what do i know. Their defense stinks. And, they'll draft an OL this year. Freeney/Mathis aren't playing forever. And, they have nothing up front other than them.

07 A. Gonzalez
08 traded for T. Ugoh moved up in 07
09 D. Brown
10 J. Hughes

wordofi
01-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Some team in the top 5 is going to reach for a quarterback.

shylo3716
01-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Some team in the top 5 is going to reach for a quarterback.

IMO Newton Gabbert Mallett Locker are all worth Top 10 considerations, so that would not be a reach.

xxxxxxxx
01-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Why is pick #22 cursed?

Besides Percy Harvin and if you call felix jones good, almost every player every picked at #22 always sucks. Go look at past drafts.

There was a thread about best draft picks at each number... and they couldn't find any for #22.

RealityCheck
01-10-2011, 01:34 PM
IMO Newton Gabbert Mallett Locker are all worth Top 10 considerations, so that would not be a reach.
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000935815/pensive_cat_is_not_sure_about_that_answer_101_xlar ge.jpeg

ellsy82
01-11-2011, 12:45 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000935815/pensive_cat_is_not_sure_about_that_answer_101_xlar ge.jpeg

Yeah...Locker needs a LOT of work before he's pro ready. Of course, Baby Jesus Tebow proved me wrong by making some plays this season, so I have been wrong before.