9. Dallas Cowboys select Patrick Peterson, CB/S LSU

10. Washington Redskins select Julio Jones, WR Alabama

11. Houston Texans select Nick Fairley, DT Auburn

12. Minnesota Vikings select Derek Sherrod, OT Mississippi State

13. Detroit Lions select Janoris Jenkins, CB Florida

14. Miami Dolphins select Justin Blackmon, WR Oklahoma State

15. St Louis Rams select Jonathon Baldwin, WR Pitt

16. Jacksonville Jaguars select Ryan Kerrigan, DE Purdue

17. New England Patriots from Oakland Raiders select Justin Houston, OLB Gerogia

18. San Diego Chargers select Cameron Jordan, DE Cal

19. New York Giants select Tyron Smith, OT USC

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Adrian Clayborn, DE Iowa

21. Seattle Seahawks select Aaron Williams, CB Texas

22. Indianapolis Colts select Nate Solder, OT Colorado

23. Green Bay Packers select Von Miller, OLB Texas A&M

24. Kansas City Chiefs select Akeem Ayers, OLB UCLA

25. Philadelphia Eagles select Stefan Wisniewski, OG/C Penn State

26. New York Jets select Allen Bailey, DE Miami

27. New Orleans Saints select Bruce Carter, OLB UNC

28. Chicago Bears select Marcus Cannon, OT/G TCU

29. Baltimore Ravens select Jimmy Smith, CB Colorado

30. Pittsburgh Steelers select Gabe Carimi, OT Wisconsin

31. Atlanta Falcons select Michael Floyd, WR Notre Dame

32. New England Patriots select Demarcus Love, OT Arkansas

33. New England Patriots select JJ Watt, DE Wisconsin

***Firstly, I don't believe Andrew Luck will declare if Harbaugh stays and I don't think Harbaugh leaves if Luck stays. That being said it leaves Carolina in a horrible spot. Do they go AJ Green??? Possibly, however I don't think they can wait until the third round to address their defense. They have good DEs but their inside line play has been atrocious. Dareus may be slightly ahead of Fairley on some boards because he offers more schematic versatility but it will depend on the new coaching staff.

Players who fall some in my mock:

Patrick Peterson-PP is undoubtedly an extremely impressive prospect, however I believe some teams will question his ability to play CB. However, Dallas could use help at both CB and Safety so they can stop his fall.

Mark Ingram-I love Ingram as a prospect but he has had a down year and will not test very well IMO. Some team will get a nice steal at the top of the second round.

AntoinCD
01-03-2011, 06:00 AM
i really dislike amukamara at 2. i don't think he's worth a pick anywhere near that high.

i also have no idea who i would change that pick to, though you'll probably get the fairley/dareus chorus shortly.

Yeah the Broncos are a tough team to think for. They could simply go BPA and take Green.

Im not sure about Fairley's fit if they keep the 34(not sure which way they go there but with Doom's success as an OLB I think it would be crazy to go back to the 43).

I think Amukamara will grade out higher as a pure CB than PP but Denver could use any kind of secondary help too.

It definitely wasn't the easiest pick to make.

Nalej
01-03-2011, 08:50 AM
I'm content with the Pats mock. Missing out on Kerrigan really blows :(

DiG
01-03-2011, 08:55 AM
id rather blackmon to julio if we go wr. fairley would be a good pick too.

vidae
01-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Solid KC pick.

prock
01-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Sherrod would be fine.

K Train
01-03-2011, 09:33 AM
carimi....meh

give me pouncey or brandon harris or heyward

crites09
01-03-2011, 09:34 AM
I like the Bengals pick

AntoinCD
01-03-2011, 09:36 AM
carimi....meh

give me pouncey or brandon harris or heyward

I left Harris out because he is apparently leaning towards staying. Pouncey I don't see making it into the first round. Heyward is an option but I wonder if they go defensive line early, especially with Smith hopefully getting back healthy soon

K Train
01-03-2011, 09:40 AM
i hope flozell stays another year, but RT is a need with colon being a ???? however RG is a much bigger need, its a gaping hole on the oline.

pouncey would be worth somewhere from 28-32 imo, just to pair him with his brother again would elevate both their games (not sure if thats even possible with maurkice since hes the truth)

they need dline bad, smiths arms are in shambles....torn this and torn that, and while evander has been playing kind of well lately keisel is getting up in years too. this legendary run defense wont be around forever, i think heyward would be a perfect fit

bengalbuck
01-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Harbaugh is a done deal to Michigan. I think you'll see it announced this week. But whenever it becomes official, it is already a done deal. Rich Rod wasn't fired today out of respect to Harbaugh playing tonight. Thus, Luck is likely leaving and going to Carolina.

As for the rest, it looks pretty good. I do think you have both Mallett and Newton too high though. I think those 2-6 picks are going to be heavy on D linemen as all of those teams could use a guy and that is where the value may be this year. All things being relatively equal, teams don't like passing on top DEs to take CBs.

49erNation85
01-03-2011, 12:27 PM
love the 49ers pick !

proshoota25
01-03-2011, 12:53 PM
i think id be pretty mad with that mock. first of all, watt doesnt fit. second of all, houston is too one-dimensional in my opinion for the pats. he has a great speed rush, but is he great at anything else..... hmmm. and finally, love is an okay pick, but id much rather have costanzo any day of the week over him.

AND

Mark Ingram is just too good of a value to pass up in the end of the first/early second. Saban player + tough/gritty/talented running back = certain BB pick in my opinion.

NGSeiler
01-03-2011, 01:05 PM
15. St Louis Rams select Jonathon Baldwin, WR Pitt

Rams desperately need a WR, but I'm not a fan of Baldwin and I don't think he has Top 15 value at this point.

coordinator0
01-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Smith seems like a meh pick, I don't think he really deserves to go that high. Any of the three guys drafted after the Ravens pick would be better, and perhaps Watt would be too.

killxswitch
01-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Solder is the right idea with high upside but I'm not sure he'd get to the level he needs to be in time to play right away. I think I'd rather have Carimi. But if it shook out this way I wouldn't be too upset.

Pat Sims 90
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Green would be sexy next to Simpson

BaLLiN
01-03-2011, 09:16 PM
19. New York Giants select Tyron Smith, OT USC

dont like it, but he is a supreme athlete. I just dont like that he'll have to be developmental. Developmental players in the 1st isn't something that is attractive to fans

essential
01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
great Bills pick.

T-RICH49
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM
given our OL's "preformance" Sunday I might prefer Wisniewski instead

thebow305
01-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Not gonna complain about the Phins pick, since Blackmon is such a great player, but we need a QB bad, so Blaine Gabbert should probably be the pick there instead.