PDA

View Full Version : Post Season Mock Draft

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
1. Carolina Panthers: AJ Green WR Georgia- I don't think Luck comes out and I'm not sure the other three QBs are worth the top pick.
2. Denver Broncos: DaQuan Bowers DE Clemson- This is a tough pick because without knowing the coach, we don't know what defense they will be running. This pick could be one of five different players.
3. Buffalo Bills: Robert Quinn DE/OLB UNC- QB is the popular pick here, but I don't think Locker or Newton are worth the number three pick. This pick should help make up for the huge Aaron Maybin mistake.
4. Cincinnati Bengal: Julio Jones WR Alabama- This is surprising, but I think Jones is going to shoot up the boards this offseason. I think Palmer gets one more year to prove he can still play.
5. Arizona Cardinals: Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska- I'm guessing either Kolb or McNabb is here next year, so no QB will be picked. Prince and Peterson are basically tied, so this pick will be whoever the Cardinals like more.
6. Cleveland Browns: Nick Fairley DT Auburn- This would be the dream scenario for the Browns. Fairley could potentially go number one, so getting him here is a steal.
7.San Francisco 49ers: Jake Locker QB Washington- The next coach (Harbaugh?) will not want either of the Smiths to lead the team. This pick could be Newton if Locker sucks up the joint at the Senior Bowl.
8. Tennessee Titans: Patrick Peterson CB LSU- I think Jeff Fisher will stay and Vince Young will be shown the door. The Titans could grab Newton, but do they really want the second-coming of Vince Young? PP is a top-three prospect. Major steal here.
9. Dallas Cowboys: Marcel Dareus DT/DE Alabama- The Cowboys would be pissed to just miss out on Peterson. But Dareus would be a huge upgrade at DE.
10. Washington Redskins: Mark Ingram RB Alabama- I think the Redskins are confident in Sexy Rexy as their quarterback. Good Luck with that. I know Shanahan doesn't usually go running back in the first round, but there is a first time for everything.
11. Houston Texans: Janoris Jenkins CB Florida- The Texans are a very talented team but their problem is most definitely defensive back. They have to address it, even if it means reaching a little bit.
12. Minnesota Vikings: Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa- Do the Vikings really stick with Joe Webb? I think they will. Ray Edwards could be gone next season and Jared Allen has been extremely streaky, racking up sacks against terrible lines and then disappearing.
13. Detroit Lions: Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State- I think we are all tired of seeing Matt Stafford getting injured. Detroit fans will say Backus has played well. But a season of quality play does not erase a career of ineptitude.
14. St. Louis Rams: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State- St. Louis probably has the worst receiving corps in the league. If Bradford is to take the next step, he has to get more weapons.
15. Miami Dolphins: Cam Newton QB Auburn- Chad Henne was very bad this season. I don't think Cam Newton is going to be better, but the Dolphins have to try someone else at quarterback.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue- When Jeremy Mincey and Austen Lane are your starting defensive ends, it's time for an upgrade. Hopefully Kerrigan doesn't bust like Harvey and Groves did.
17. New England Patriots from Oakland: Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA- The best team in the league can certainly afford to go best player available at this position. I also wouldn't rule out packaging this pick to move up a bit.
18. San Diego Chargers: Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College- The Chargers gave up quite a few sacks this season. Castonzo isn't a star, but they can plug him in a left tackle and get a definite upgrade.
19. New York Giants: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M- If the epic comeback by the Eagles showed us anything, it's that the Giants need somebody to contain Vick. You do that by putting pressure on him and Von Miller is one of the best at doing just that.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bruce Carter OLB UNC- The Bucs' outside linebackers consist of two mediocre former Seminoles. Carter would be a huge upgrade and fill one of their only real needs.
21. Seattle Seahawks: Allen Bailey DE Miami- This team is so bad and it is a shame they have to pick so late in the first round. They have holes everywhere so they might as well take the best player available, it's guaranteed to fill a need.
22. Baltimore Ravens: Aaron Williams CB Texas- Outside of Ed Reed, their isn't too much to get excited about with the Baltimore secondary. I'm not too high on Williams, but he'll be a first rounder and this is a good spot for him.
23. New York Jets: Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State- Heyward is the prototypical 3-4 end. This is a complete steal near the end of the first round.
24. Philadelphia Eagles: Cameron Jordan DE California- Andy Reid likes to draft big guys and it is even more likely when you look at their defensive end depth chart.
25. Green Bay Packers: JJ Watt DE Wisconsin- Ryan Pickett and Cullen Jenkins will both be in their 30s next year. Watt could provide excellent depth and maybe even start over Pickett.
26. New Orleans Saints: Dontay Moch OLB Nevada- This would certainly be a surprise. But it seems like every year the Saints need a linebacker. And if Moch works out like he is expected, he'll soar up the draft boards.
27. Kansas City Chiefs: Greg Jones ILB Michigan State- With no receiver really warranting this pick, an upgrade at linebacker over Jovan Belcher is the next best thing.
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin- Besides Chicago, this is the worst offensive line in the playoffs. While Solder may be a better player, Carimi fits their style more.
29. Indianapolis Colts: Nate Solder OT Colorado- The Colt's line stinks. It consists of 6th rounders, UDFAs, and a few mid-round guys. Definitely time to invest a high pick on somebody.
30. Atlanta Falcons: Drake Nevis DT LSU- For as talented as this team is, their defensive line sure is bad. Defensive end would be a bigger need, but there isn't anyone here worth taking.
31. Chicago Bears: Rodney Hudson G FSU- This is one of my favorite prospects. The Bears have to draft an offensive lineman with this pick. Could also be Tyron Smith.
31. New England Patriots:- Marcus Cannon OG TCU- Logan Mankins is likely gone next season. It doesn't matter. The Patriots will just pick his replacement and keep rolling along.

This question will be asked: Where is Ryan Mallett? I think he'll declare, but after workouts and especially interviews, I think he falls. Carolina, Buffalo, Cincinnati, and Arizona in the second are likely landing spots.

DiG
01-03-2011, 02:00 PM
bad redskins pick and even worse reasoning.

killxswitch
01-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Just missing out on Carimi sucks but Solder is a good pick all the way at 29.

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 02:07 PM
bad redskins pick and even worse reasoning.

I've been thinking the Redskins are going running back all year. I know it is unlikely, but I'm sticking with my gut. If I hadn't mocked Ingram, the pick would have been Blackmon, but I thought it might be too early for him.

coordinator0
01-03-2011, 02:30 PM
How exactly will the Ravens be picking 22? I'm pretty sure the earliest they can pick will be at 28 since they went 12-4 in the regular season, unless of course the Patriots, Steelers, and Falcons lose in the playoffs along with the Ravens.

Anyways, Williams isn't a bad pick but Cam Jordan would be much better. He fits exactly what we need along the DL and that has been a bigger weakness than the CBs this year. We really need to get a guy or two that can rush the passer from a DL position, especially if we keep Mattison.

K Train
01-03-2011, 02:33 PM
i think now it goes by playoff elimation not record

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 02:35 PM
How exactly will the Ravens be picking 22? I'm pretty sure the earliest they can pick will be at 28 since they went 12-4 in the regular season, unless of course the Patriots, Steelers, and Falcons lose in the playoffs along with the Ravens.

Anyways, Williams isn't a bad pick but Cam Jordan would be much better. He fits exactly what we need along the DL and that has been a bigger weakness than the CBs this year. We really need to get a guy or two that can rush the passer from a DL position, especially if we keep Mattison.

I think the Ravens lose first round to the Chiefs. But you're right, they should pick after the Jets, not before. My bad.

proshoota25
01-03-2011, 02:52 PM
i think its a 50-50 chance that mankins comes back now. it certainly looks more plausible to think that, he has only been a model citizen since coming back. if he doesnt though, I think pouncey is a better fit for the pats at OG personally

proshoota25
01-03-2011, 02:53 PM
dude bruce carter had some sort of ACL surgery. no way does he even crack the first round, let alone that high

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 04:29 PM
dude bruce carter had some sort of ACL surgery. no way does he even crack the first round, let alone that high

Maybe, but maybe not. He is really talented and players come back from ACL injuries all the time. Heck, Willis McGahee was drafted in the first round despite not even being able to play his rookie season.

proshoota25
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Maybe, but maybe not. He is really talented and players come back from ACL injuries all the time. Heck, Willis McGahee was drafted in the first round despite not even being able to play his rookie season.

well keep thinking that he will be a top 25 selection lol go ahead your gunna be very wrong

DiG
01-03-2011, 05:47 PM
I've been thinking the Redskins are going running back all year. I know it is unlikely, but I'm sticking with my gut. If I hadn't mocked Ingram, the pick would have been Blackmon, but I thought it might be too early for him.

i like ingram. always have. but its just not a pick that this front office will make. torrain ran well towards the end of the year and keilland improved. they will probably add another rb in FA or later in the draft but highly doubt they use the 10th pick on one. blackmon is a guy ive started to love and would have no problem with taking him at the 10 spot. no way shanahan takes ingram over newton either.

RufusMcDaniel
01-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Patrick Peterson =

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mB6jEmByFdw/R8dl8w9344I/AAAAAAAAAps/lyRFa1oJF5A/s320/drooling_homer.png

Bengals78
01-03-2011, 07:12 PM
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-03-31/1238510071053.jpg

Pat Sims 90
01-03-2011, 07:18 PM
If the Bengals reach for someone i would rather have it be a Offense Linemen

prock
01-03-2011, 07:22 PM
The Vikes can't afford to draft an end there.

49erNation85
01-03-2011, 07:24 PM
mmm sexy mock

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
If the Bengals reach for someone i would rather have it be a Offense Linemen

Like I said, I think Jones shoots up the draft boards. So much so that I don't think it will even be a reach in the top-five. Drafting an offensive lineman at four would be a huge reach.

@prock I don't think they are super strong on the defensive line. Edwards could be gone, Allen racks up all his stats against crappy offensive lines, and Pat Williams is 38. I think they could definitely afford a defensive lineman. Quarterback is definitely a need, but I think they either sign a veteran to try to win now or stick with Joe Webb. Cornerback is a need, but is there anyone worth the pick there? The only other possibility I see there is Derek Sherrod.

scar988
01-03-2011, 08:21 PM
30. Atlanta Falcons: Drake Nevis DT LSU- For as talented as this team is, their defensive line sure is bad. Defensive end would be a bigger need, but there isn't anyone here worth taking.
Awful ATL pick and even worse reasoning. Our DL is very good actually, and considering we have 8 sacks from the DT spots, we have no need for a DT. actual ATL needs are DE, WR, TE, and OT.

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Awful ATL pick and even worse reasoning. Our DL is very good actually, and considering we have 8 sacks from the DT spots, we have no need for a DT. actual ATL needs are DE, WR, TE, and OT.

WR: I don't think Malcolm Floyd declares. I guess Baldwin could be the pick, but I think he is a little too one-dimensional to be a first round pick.

TE: Yes, Tony Gonzalez is old and they need to draft his replacement. But does Rudolph declare? And even if he does, is he a first round pick still? There isn't another TE worth the pick.

OT: Once again, it is a need, but no one is worth the pick here.

DE: I said it was a bigger need but there isn't anyone worth the pick. Now, if Aldon Smith declares and either he or another end falls, they would definitely be the pick. But I'm always skeptical to mock Sophomores until they actually declare.

So yes, they have some needs, but the value isn't even close to being there. They are talented and very close to winning a Super Bowl (they may even win it this year) so they can certainly afford to take the best player available.

Master Exploder
01-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Atlanta will not be taking a DT in the 1st round. We draft Peria Jerry in 2009 in the 1st, got Corey Peters last year with our 2nd pick, and Vance Walker and Jamal Anderson both have gotten significant playing time this season, not to mention Babs, who is 1 of the most underrated DT's in the league.

I'm almost positive we will not add another DT to our roster at all this offseason, we have a decent rotation going on and our interior linemen are not the weak part of our dline

thebow305
01-03-2011, 08:47 PM
The reasoning for a lot of these picks is very questionablem, but I love the Phins pick!

DBNYDP
01-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Bad Broncos pick.
Why would they get Bowers? He isn't a dominant anywhere on a 3-4. At OLB he is pretty much an Ayers clone. As DE, he is totally unproven not the beast that Dareus or Fairley are on the interior. If they go to 4-3, they have ends.
They get Peterson/Fairley/Dareus or trade down.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
I will cry if the Skins pass up Newton for Ingram. You are right Shanny doesn't draft RB's early and Ryan Torrain is his guy and has been great. Also WR is a much bigger need if we go skill position. I'd rather Blackmon if need be.

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
The reasoning for a lot of these picks is very questionablem, but I love the Phins pick!

Yeah, my reasoning isn't great because I don't want to write entire paragraphs about each pick. I don't have enough time to do that and most of you don't have enough time to read all that. But glad you like the Phins pick.

@DBNYDP Yes, Bowers does not fit in the 3-4 great. But remember, they are brining in a new coach. He could reinstall the 4-3. Due to the uncertainty, I went with who I thought was the best defensive prospect. If they stay with the 3-4, of course he shouldn't be the pick (although I think he would be much better than Ayers).

@SeanTaylroRIP like I said earlier, I know RB is a stretch and I seriously considered Blackmon there. But I'm sticking with my gut and predicting a running back.

Pat Sims 90
01-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Like I said, I think Jones shoots up the draft boards. So much so that I don't think it will even be a reach in the top-five. Drafting an offensive lineman at four would be a huge reach.

@prock I don't think they are super strong on the defensive line. Edwards could be gone, Allen racks up all his stats against crappy offensive lines, and Pat Williams is 38. I think they could definitely afford a defensive lineman. Quarterback is definitely a need, but I think they either sign a veteran to try to win now or stick with Joe Webb. Cornerback is a need, but is there anyone worth the pick there? The only other possibility I see there is Derek Sherrod.

Not for the Bengals whatever OL they took they would be 2nd best on the team

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Not for the Bengals whatever OL they took they would be 2nd best on the team

It isn't out of the question I guess. They seriously reached for Andre Smith a few years ago and Sherrod is going to be a better player.

BaLLiN
01-03-2011, 09:24 PM
19. New York Giants: Von Miller OLB Texas A&M- If the epic comeback by the Eagles showed us anything, it's that the Giants need somebody to contain Vick. You do that by putting pressure on him and Von Miller is one of the best at doing just that.

This is not a bad pick at all IMO

marshallb
01-03-2011, 09:38 PM

I think that's a bad bad Vikings pick. With the Senior season that Clayborn had he shouldn't be considered there, at least not by us. DL just isn't a big need. Allen had a bad start to the year, but as you probably don't know as no one talked about it, he had at least a sack in 8 of the last 9 games, I don't know how that can be considered streaky. I think Edwards will be gone, but he missed several games this year (also left a couple games), and Brian Robison and Everson Griffen played very well in his absence and the team likes both quite a bit. Pat very likely will be gone, but he probably played less than 50% of the snaps this season and we have great depth at DT with Fred Evans, Jimmy Kennedy, and LeTroy Guion all playing quite well this year and being under contract. I could see us going DL if it's bpa, but Clayborn isn't that.

T-RICH49
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
would prefer OL instead.would go Solder or Carimi in that situation

jrdrylie
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
I think that's a bad bad Vikings pick. With the Senior season that Clayborn had he shouldn't be considered there, at least not by us. DL just isn't a big need. Allen had a bad start to the year, but as you probably don't know as no one talked about it, he had at least a sack in 8 of the last 9 games, I don't know how that can be considered streaky. I think Edwards will be gone, but he missed several games this year (also left a couple games), and Brian Robison and Everson Griffen played very well in his absence and the team likes both quite a bit. Pat very likely will be gone, but he probably played less than 50% of the snaps this season and we have great depth at DT with Fred Evans, Jimmy Kennedy, and LeTroy Guion all playing quite well this year and being under contract. I could see us going DL if it's bpa, but Clayborn isn't that.

Most of those games were against terrible QBs or Lines. Arizona, Chicago, Green Bay, Buffalo, and Detroit. And his sack against Philadelphia was on a scramble I believe. Guion is young and hasn't shown all that much play making ability. Jimmy Kennedy has been in the league 8 years and has never been a playmaker. I don't think either of them would be able to replace Pat Williams.

bucsti25
01-04-2011, 12:39 AM
bad pick someone already mentioned that Carter tore his acl, as a junior he probably wont declare...

That would be a cruddy scenario, but we would have to go Cameron Jordan

GB12
01-04-2011, 02:14 AM
I love JJ Watt, but we have no need for him. He would not start over Pickett as you suggested. We have Jenkins and Pickett, plus we get Jolly and Neal back, and the guys who have been filling in for them have played well. We shouldn't draft a DE at all in the draft, and sure as hell not in the first round.

CB, OLB, or OT would be the way to go. Justin Houston or Carimi would be good.

gouldo
01-04-2011, 03:10 AM
Well, that is one of the more interesting mocks I have seen.

If Newton fell to Miami, stunned is a word that I would use. Can't see it happening, but if he did, i'd be happy enough.

Legacy
01-04-2011, 02:13 PM
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bruce Carter OLB UNC- The Bucs' outside linebackers consist of two mediocre former Seminoles. Carter would be a huge upgrade and fill one of their only real needs.
Incorrect. The two starting OLBs for the Buccaneers are Geno Hayes, who did attend Florida State, and Quincy Black, who attended the University of New Mexico.

The OLB position is a need for the Bucs, but it's hardly "one of their only real needs." The Bucs desperately need some defensive ends who can rush the passer, a MLB, a CB (assuming Barber retires), a true free safety and some offensive linemen (particularly guards, but a RT would work, too).

jrdrylie
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Incorrect. The two starting OLBs for the Buccaneers are Geno Hayes, who did attend Florida State, and Quincy Black, who attended the University of New Mexico.

The OLB position is a need for the Bucs, but it's hardly "one of their only real needs." The Bucs desperately need some defensive ends who can rush the passer, a MLB, a CB (assuming Barber retires), a true free safety and some offensive linemen (particularly guards, but a RT would work, too).

I thought Dekota Watson was starting for them?

scar988
01-04-2011, 09:04 PM
WR: I don't think Malcolm Floyd declares. I guess Baldwin could be the pick, but I think he is a little too one-dimensional to be a first round pick.

TE: Yes, Tony Gonzalez is old and they need to draft his replacement. But does Rudolph declare? And even if he does, is he a first round pick still? There isn't another TE worth the pick.

OT: Once again, it is a need, but no one is worth the pick here.

DE: I said it was a bigger need but there isn't anyone worth the pick. Now, if Aldon Smith declares and either he or another end falls, they would definitely be the pick. But I'm always skeptical to mock Sophomores until they actually declare.

So yes, they have some needs, but the value isn't even close to being there. They are talented and very close to winning a Super Bowl (they may even win it this year) so they can certainly afford to take the best player available.

So taking a guy who would be our 4th best DT in the 2nd round? again, it makes no sense and would not happen. DT is not a need. Want another actual need? COP RB. Atlanta picks based on need. not on BPA.

1funguy
01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
AJ Smith is highly unlikely to draft an OL in the 1st round nor is Costanzo (sp?) an upgrade to McNeill. To add to that, McNeill just got a new contract.

We could use an upgrade at ROT but no way will that be addressed at #18 overall, if at all.

I personally hope that Ayers falls to the Chargers.

toddmlazarchick
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM
i like ingram. always have. but its just not a pick that this front office will make. torrain ran well towards the end of the year and keilland improved. they will probably add another rb in FA or later in the draft but highly doubt they use the 10th pick on one. blackmon is a guy ive started to love and would have no problem with taking him at the 10 spot. no way shanahan takes ingram over newton either.

I will cry if the Skins pass up Newton for Ingram. You are right Shanny doesn't draft RB's early and Ryan Torrain is his guy and has been great. Also WR is a much bigger need if we go skill position. I'd rather Blackmon if need be.

While I agree Ingram is a bad pick but whats with the Newton love for the skins? Locker/Gabbert are both more to Mike's liking for what he looks for in a QB. Newton has a too huge of a bust factor for me to get behind. Aside from the fact that he will need 1+ years of learn and remolding to get him to a pro QB form.