PDA

View Full Version : All the more reason to take Patrick Willis

Pocket
03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#olemiss

"Willis (6-1, 237 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 and 4.38. He also had a 4.37 short shuttle and 7.10 three-cone drill. He stood on his numbers from the Combine for the rest. "

If we don't get him....... my lord.

With that, I might take him at 2.

TacticaLion
03-21-2007, 01:27 PM
http://nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts#olemiss

"Willis (6-1, 237 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.37 and 4.38. He also had a 4.37 short shuttle and 7.10 three-cone drill. He stood on his numbers from the Combine for the rest. "

If we don't get him....... my lord.

With that, I might take him at 2.He ran a goddamn 4.37 and 4.38?! WHAT!? Are you serious? Sure, they're pro day numbers... but those are good enough for me.

Holy ****.

Now, I'm thinking we just trade down to 6-9 and draft him there.

He's friggin crazy.

Jagonsucker
03-21-2007, 02:32 PM
i dont care if its a reach..i'd take him at number 2...wow thats impressive. This guys going to be a pro bowler first year..count it!

DrEvil63
03-21-2007, 02:42 PM
i dont care if its a reach..i'd take him at number 2...wow thats impressive. This guys going to be a pro bowler first year..count it!

That might be a little ridiculous. And I'm a huge fan of his. Its possible not counted on.

Jagonsucker
03-21-2007, 02:43 PM
That might be a little ridiculous. And I'm a huge fan of his. Its possible not counted on.

just watch, he'll probabaly be a reserve but hell if Vince Young can make it..Im sure Willis can

Newbs24
03-21-2007, 02:50 PM
P Willie is a beast. I think this may have solidfied his spot on a Detroit Lions roster. Come on ARZ, you know you want to draft Joe Thomas. You too Tampa, you want Calvin Johnson bad enough to trade up to get him. This has reassured my man crush on P Willie.

WMD
03-21-2007, 05:56 PM
I've wanted Willis on the Lions for quite a while.. NOT at #2 though, that's crazy. It'd be great if we can work our dream 'Two Trade Downs' scenario and get him.

TacticaLion
03-21-2007, 05:57 PM
P Willie is a beast. I think this may have solidfied his spot on a Detroit Lions roster. Come on ARZ, you know you want to draft Joe Thomas. You too Tampa, you want Calvin Johnson bad enough to trade up to get him. This has reassured my man crush on P Willie.This is kinda funny...

After that 40 time, I'm not the only one with a man crush on Willis.

Pocket
03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I've been with you all along, I just have not shown my affection for him in public like you do.

Bootland27
03-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Somehow if the lions can trade down, somewhere between 4-6 he's worth it. But not at #2, No freakin way.

asmitty45
03-21-2007, 08:29 PM
oh my god, if we dont get him now ill cry myself to sleep draft night

Michigan
03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
oh my god, if we dont get him now ill cry myself to sleep draft night

if we draft him at #2 i'll cry myself to sleep on draft night. pick up a 2nd rounder or two by trading down to more reasonable range...

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 04:41 AM
I've been with you all along, I just have not shown my affection for him in public like you do.
HAHA! You've left a fellow Willis-man-lover out in the open... all the meanness (sp?), and the hate, and the "He wont be a Lion!" comments... you've just sat back and watched. No support. No help. No teamwork.

That hurts. I forgive you, though.

Jagonsucker
03-22-2007, 06:28 AM
In a recent blog on mlive.com Marinelli said he is targeting speed on defense. This will no doubt put Pat Willis at the top of our big board. If we can trade down to number 5, I think we will take him. 2 is still a bit of a reach, however if i was Millen and i couldn't trade down to spots 5-8, i'd take Willis at 2.

Addict
03-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Darn. Those are some sick numbers.

Well even if we just trade down to... say Arizona's spot (and they'll want to trade up for Thomas, considering it's no guarantee he'll get past the browns), even though it's still high for willis IMO (he's a 6-10 guy) he does fill a big need.

As for the pro bowl... well, he does figure to make some monster stats with the rest of the defense so full of holes.

jbombul
03-22-2007, 09:39 AM
just curious, what if we were to trade down to 8 with atlanta's newly aquired pick, it has been said they are really high on c.j. we pick up their first round pick, and both of their seconds and we give them a 4th. at 8 we take willis or landry how does that sound?

TacticaLion
03-22-2007, 11:08 AM
just curious, what if we were to trade down to 8 with atlanta's newly aquired pick, it has been said they are really high on c.j. we pick up their first round pick, and both of their seconds and we give them a 4th. at 8 we take willis or landry how does that sound?Thats been a topic lately... but I don't think they'll give up BOTH of their seconds. One second and their 4th is good enough for me.

Vick with CJohnson seems like a perfect fit.

Side note - Drafting a MLB at #2... over an incredible WR prospect, a "franchise" QB and a great LT... doesn't seem reasonable. But, if you see it from Marinelli's perspective, he'll take him (if he wants him) one way or another. If they can't trade down, what should they do? Draft a player they don't want?

If they can't trade down, as unreasonable as it sounds, they'll take who they want at #2.

reinar
04-07-2007, 03:24 AM
unreasonable or not, marinelli will tkae a player of Willis's character, and his athleticism will only add to it.

if noone will trade with us, I see Willis being a good prospect at 2
then again, I could see us trading our 2nd, and something to move into the mid to low 1st and get him there, after an adams, carriker, or hall.

Notredameleo
04-07-2007, 08:14 AM
It may be a reach, but it is also a major need if we cant trade down. Look at Buffalo last year, they reached big time for a safety at number eight when it was projected he would be a late first rounder. If Marilnelli wants him, he will take him, and i would only complain that we didn't trade down for about an hour.

TacticaLion
04-07-2007, 10:39 AM
It may be a reach, but it is also a major need if we cant trade down. Look at Buffalo last year, they reached big time for a safety at number eight when it was projected he would be a late first rounder. If Marilnelli wants him, he will take him, and i would only complain that we didn't trade down for about an hour.

Haha. Great post. Good stuff. And, I agree. Fill the biggest need with the best player available.