PDA

View Full Version : Stanford vs. Virginia Tech

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Luck is struggling so far against a great defense with 2 future nfl c.b.'s and the best defensive coordinator in college football.

Taylor looks awesome, very impressive pre snap as well....lookinh A LOT like vick.

Very impressed with the 2 corners from v.t. so far.

JPP90
01-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah Tyrod Taylor is the next guy people on this forum will buy as an NFL QB.

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Taylor is the truth!, vicks season will only help his stock esp. if the eagles make a superbowl run....mcshay has whiffed on him listing him as a w.r. I could see him going to washington in the early second.

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 08:32 PM

I'm very impressed.

RealityCheck
01-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Tyrod looks like a solid developmental mid-round guy right now.

DBNYDP
01-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Taylor at least acts like an NFL QB. He is making his reads. Making good decisions. Changing plays at the line.
Great arm. Good legs (FOOTWORK IS GOOD).
Touch leaves a lot to be desired but..

JPP90
01-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah it doesn't take much. Michael Bishop must have been considered a God on forums 10 years ago.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
I'd take Tyrod in the 4th or 5th. Seneca Wallace has had a long NFL Career and Tyrod is much better than him. I don't see how Troy Smith is any better than Tyrod. He can be a good backup who can make some plays potentially a stop gap starter down the line.

BTW beautiful throw by Luck. Reminds me a ton of Bradford tbh.

SolidGold
01-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Luck is heating up...love his accuracy

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Nice throw by the future #1

FUNBUNCHER
01-03-2011, 08:42 PM
If the Hokies don't get heat on Locker with their pass rush, he's going to eviscerate them!!!

They can't let that dude chill out in the pocket and go through 2-3 reads.

DBNYDP
01-03-2011, 08:46 PM
I like this Skov guy.
Tough linebacker. I look forward to what he can do in the future.

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Blatant pass interference

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Jaron hosely looks like a future top 10 pick.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 08:52 PM
This is the thread for the draft prospects the game thread is in the college gameday thread.

JLaw45
01-03-2011, 08:57 PM
Yeah it doesn't take much. Michael Bishop must have been considered a God on forums 10 years ago.

Nobody's saying he'll be a first rounder and the face of a franchise in year one. That being said, he's definitely shown enough to solidify a status as a mid or at least a later round QB.

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Every player we've talked about in this thread is a prospect, every play we've mentioned has involved a prospect...not sure what your point is or why u had to point that out.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I like Tyrod no higher than the 4th round but I do like him more than Ponder who many project as a 2nd rounder but simply doesn't have a QB mind.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Every player we've talked about in this thread is a prospect, every play we've mentioned has involved a prospect...not sure what your point is or why u had to point that out.

I was referring to you saying there was a blatant pass interference. That doesn't pertain to any prospect. There is a gameday thread to talk about the game. It helps with organization. This thread is to talk about how the prospects are doing.

DBNYDP
01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Gruden said something great about Taylor right now.
"He runs to create a pass"
That is something Vick had to learn, which he already has.
Vick obviously has things over Taylor, but this guy can be a great NFL QB. As someone said, at worst he is better than Wallace/Smith.

In other news I'm drooling over the ILBs coming in future years.
Tank Carter/Skov.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-03-2011, 09:14 PM
It took Tyrod 4 years of trying to prove he could pass before he actually did prove it...not sure what that says for the league. I had him completely written off prior to this season and I don't think if I had a team I'd bother bringing him in. With that said, I would rather have him than Ponder. He at least has a higher upside and if he has to fill in for a start or two is more of a change up

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 09:18 PM
A blatant pass interference that cost taylor a completion was my point but I see yours too.

What makes you say he doesn't have a q.b. mind? He is in total control presnap calling multiple audibles and the o.l. blocking assignments whilst running a pro style offense....is looking a lot like vick who I think will have a huge post season and further increase the value of taylor....I could see the redskins taking him in the second as he is a perfect fit for your offense.

T. Taylor > J. Locker thou I think the seahawks will take locker first becasue he's a beloved local kid.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 09:23 PM
I was talking about Ponder. Also 2nd round is way too early for Tyrod. He's short and also isn't effective when he needs to stay in the box. In the NFL athletic DE's will contain you better. Also he doesn't have great velocity on his throws. He's like the reverse of Mallett. Tyrod's throws are floated too much. Sometimes that touch is beneficial but in the NFL that will lead to INT's. He is a nice mid round project but doesn't have the size or pocket skills to be a day 1 pick.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-03-2011, 09:27 PM
yea 2nd round is absolutely way too early

im not sure how late he falls though. some team might like the athleticism and figure if he cant pick up their scheme at QB they can move him to RB/WR. seneca wallace as mentioned has done more in the nfl with less talent

shylo3716
01-03-2011, 09:34 PM

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND.......Ummmm I been on the bandwagon since he was in HS at Hampton High.

Babylon
01-03-2011, 09:34 PM
If the Hokies don't get heat on Locker with their pass rush, he's going to eviscerate them!!!

They can't let that dude chill out in the pocket and go through 2-3 reads.

Was that int. Jake's fault?

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Beautiful throw taylor!

SchizophrenicBatman
01-03-2011, 09:52 PM
There's the Tyrod I know and love

DBNYDP
01-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Bad decision. Probably should have taken it up the middle, looked fairly empty.

JPP90
01-03-2011, 10:11 PM
A blatant pass interference that cost taylor a completion was my point but I see yours too.

What makes you say he doesn't have a q.b. mind? He is in total control presnap calling multiple audibles and the o.l. blocking assignments whilst running a pro style offense....is looking a lot like vick who I think will have a huge post season and further increase the value of taylor....I could see the redskins taking him in the second as he is a perfect fit for your offense.

T. Taylor > J. Locker thou I think the seahawks will take locker first becasue he's a beloved local kid.

Lmao...this forum should be ashamed to have roscosdad on it. Tyrod Taylor over Jake Locker. My god how dumb some of these threads are gonna look in 5 years.

Gribble
01-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Ryan Williams not doing much in this game. Hurt?

Don Vito
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Ryan Williams not doing much in this game. Hurt?

He has some injury, I think it's his hamstring. Regardless they said he would be playing but he's only had 4 carries for a whopping 3 yards.

RaiderNation
01-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I heard that #12 player on Stanford is pretty good...

DBNYDP
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Taylor's run game isn't going.
His line isn't doing well.
His receivers haven't played all that well either.
Yet he is still producing and doing things, against an excellent Stanford defense.
Why aren't you defending him? You guys made every excuse in the book for Locker, and you won't even cut Taylor any slack, which is rather funny.

FUNBUNCHER
01-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Poor Hokies!!!

I has a sad watching this raping on national TV!!!

MetSox17
01-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Taylor's run game isn't going.
His line isn't doing well.
His receivers haven't played all that well either.
Yet he is still producing and doing things, against an excellent Stanford defense.
Why aren't you defending him? You guys made every excuse in the book for Locker, and you won't even cut Taylor any slack, which is rather funny.

No one is defending him because.. no one is attacking him?

DcmRulz
01-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Holy Cow. Andrew Luck. When his potential is tapped, heaven help the teams he faces.

ChiFan24
01-03-2011, 10:41 PM
Wasn't completely sold on Luck coming into this game. I liked him, I just didn't see what everyone was talking about when they said he was unquestionably #1. NOW I see it....

Bald_81
01-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I think if Darren Evans stays at VT, Ryan Williams will bolt for the NFL. If Evans declares, then Williams does the opposite. It's sad to see his season derailed by injuries but personally I'm happy because it gives my Rams a chance to snag him in the second round. If he had a similar season to last year and was the feature back, we aren't even having this discussion

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I mentioned it earlier but Evans is horrible. He is big but runs with zero power. His leverage is horrible and he has bad ball security issues. Doesn't have enough burst IMO to play in the NFL given he's not that powerful and isn't a great pass blocker or receiver.

FUNBUNCHER
01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
It not the RBs for Va Tech that are the problem. Stanford's defense totally dominated the Hokies. There absolutely was nowhere to run.

Arsenal
01-03-2011, 10:53 PM
How is Shayne Skov as a NFL prospect? I know he isn't draft eligible yet but still he was simply was awesome this game, love his motor.

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Luck is fantastic....taylor struggled the second half but I've been watching him all season run a pro style offense and looking very similiar to the current vick who had an mvp caliber season.

lol...I jumped the gun puttin him over locker, the weed had me hyped up, I actually love locker as a prospect....taylor round 2 to washington is still a plausable possibilty if he impresses at the senior bowl and combine.

Luck is who I thought he was, the #1 pick whenever he decides to come out.

jnew76
01-03-2011, 10:59 PM
Sounds like Gruden might apply for the Carolina job after tonight.

DBNYDP
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Skov looks impressive. NFLDraft Scout says he runs somewhere between 4.58 to 4.76, which is pretty good for an ILB with his size, ability to get off blocks, and tackling abilities.

Andrew Luck just says he would figure out in the next couple of days..
So we should know within the week?

roscoesdad27
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Skov is def somebody to keep an eye on for 2012, as is that corner from v.t.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
I mentioned it earlier but Evans is horrible. He is big but runs with zero power. His leverage is horrible and he has bad ball security issues. Doesn't have enough burst IMO to play in the NFL given he's not that powerful and isn't a great pass blocker or receiver.

has anyone ever actually taken Evans seriously as a prospect, or really even as a player? I remember when he went down last year everyone was like "welp, VT just upgraded at RB"

I've never been super impressed with Ryan Williams. I like Wilson way more even though he's undersized

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM
David DeCastro wants to know what the **** is up with this thread.

Ive never been so hard for RG. Since the day he showed up at Stanford hes been incredible. Absolutely incredible. Probowl RG as a redshirt sophomore and I pray to God he declares and starts blastin holes open for Matt Forte. Absolute perfect guard play.

dannyz
01-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Skov looks impressive. NFLDraft Scout says he runs somewhere between 4.58 to 4.76, which is pretty good for an ILB with his size, ability to get off blocks, and tackling abilities.

Whats Skov's Measurable's?

JPP90
01-03-2011, 11:14 PM
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND.......Ummmm I been on the bandwagon since he was in HS at Hampton High.

That's something to be proud of.

SeanTaylorRIP
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Williams is exciting to watch when he's healthy. Runs with tons of power and makes clean cuts. Top end speed isn't great but with the injuries if he does come out I see him as a 3rd rounder at best. Won't surpass guys like Leshoure, Thomas, Toddman.

BadHabitz
01-03-2011, 11:18 PM

He is definitely a tremendous athlete. Skov came into Stanford very raw at linebacker as he was athletic enough to play safety throughout his high school career. Despite his aggressiveness as a hitter, do not overlook his coverage ability as well.

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Luck is fantastic....taylor struggled the second half but I've been watching him all season run a pro style offense and looking very similiar to the current vick who had an mvp caliber season.

lol...I jumped the gun puttin him over locker, the weed had me hyped up, I actually love locker as a prospect....taylor round 2 to washington is still a plausable possibilty if he impresses at the senior bowl and combine.

Luck is who I thought he was, the #1 pick whenever he decides to come out.

I love Tyrod and all but for the love of God if we use a 2nd round pick on him...no man. Just no.

Babylon
01-03-2011, 11:34 PM

Ive never been so hard for RG. Since the day he showed up at Stanford hes been incredible. Absolutely incredible. Probowl RG as a redshirt sophomore and I pray to God he declares and starts blastin holes open for Matt Forte. Absolute perfect guard play.

I've been talking him up for awhile now, grew up in Bellevue Wa. just a stones throw from Husky stadium, obviously he got away. Was on the Bellevue team that lost to Locker's Ferndale team for the 4a state title.

I think in a year where you dont have a great group of tackles DeCastro is probably the best offensive lineman out there. Predict a Steve Hutchinson pro career when he comes out, which could be soon if Harbaugh leaves.

ChiFan24
01-04-2011, 12:18 AM

Shhh...we don't want anyone else to know about him.