PDA

View Full Version : My First Mock of the Post-Season.

Master Exploder
01-04-2011, 02:02 AM
1. Carolina Panthers: QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

2. Denver Broncos: CB Patrick Peterson, Louisiana State

3. Buffalo Bills: QB Cameron Newton, Auburn

4. Cincinnati Bengals: WR A.J. Green, Georgia

5. Arizona Cardinals: QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

6. Cleveland Browns: DE Marcell Dareus, Alabama

7. San Francisco 49ers: CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

8. Tennessee Titans: DT Nick Fairley, Auburn

9. Dallas Cowboys: OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State

10. Washington Redskins: QB Jake Locker, Washington

11. Houston Texans: DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

12. Minnesota Vikings: DT Stephen Paea, Oregon State

13. Detroit Lions: DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina

14. St. Louis Rams: WR Julio Jones, Alabama

15. Miami Dolphins: QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue

17. New England Patriots: DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State

18. San Diego Chargers: DE Cameron Jordan, California

19. New York Giants: LB Von Miller, Texas A&M

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

21. Seattle Seahawks: DT Drake Nevis, Louisiana State

22. Kansas City Chiefs: WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State

23. Indianapolis Colts: OT Nate Solder, Colorado

24. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Janoris Jenkins, Florida

25. Green Bay Packers: RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

26. New Orleans Saints: DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin

27. Chicago Bears: OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

28. New York Jets: LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

29. Baltimore Ravens: CB Aaron Williams, Texas

30. Pittsburgh Steelers: OT Anthony Costonzo, Boston College

31. Atlanta Falcons: DE Allen Bailey, Miami

32. New England Patriots: LB Justin Houston, Georgia

Spent a good deal of time on this today. I would love to hear reviews on it and if anybody has any questions about any of the picks, I would gladly answer them. This is only the 2nd mock draft that I have ever done, so please don't kill me!

essential
01-04-2011, 02:09 AM
great Bills pick.

GB12
01-04-2011, 02:10 AM
No RB in the first for the Packers. CB/OLB/OT. I'd take Justin Houston there. Carimi or Costonzo would also be good.

Master Exploder
01-04-2011, 02:14 AM
No RB in the first for the Packers. CB/OLB/OT. I'd take Justin Houston there. Carimi or Costonzo would also be good.

I'm curious as to why Green Bay would not be looking at a RB in round 1? I realize they have Ryan Grant coming back, but their lack of diversity on offense definitely cost them a few games, and almost the playoffs this season. Why is grabbing a solid RB at the end of the 1st round not considered a decent pick?

bullg8rdaddy
01-04-2011, 02:23 AM
I think Blackmon will go before Jones.

I'm not a fan of Clayborn anymore. Kid has Erbs palsy and wasn't productive as last year. He should've came out in 2009. He didn't look good at all in his bowl game, either.

Don't want Bailey either. Can get a solid LE later.

I'll take Solder, Carimi, or Ayers instead.

Good work, though.

GB12
01-04-2011, 02:26 AM
I want a runningback, but absolutely not in the first round. A back like Noel Devine or Kendall Hunter in the 3rd or 4th round would be perfect. Mikel Leshoure, Shane Vereen, or Ryan Williams in the second would also be good. There is no reason to take a runningback in the first round. Grant, Jackson, and a midround back will be just fine. We have much bigger needs than runningback. Even if runningback was our biggest need I wouldn't take one in the first in this draft. I don't like Ingram much. If we absolutely had to pick a runningback with our first round pick I'd take Williams or Leshoure over Ingram.

49erNation85
01-04-2011, 03:28 AM
49ers don't approve of this mock .But if feels a good need.

DiG
01-04-2011, 07:44 AM
lockers got a lot of work to do to get his stock back up that high. right now i think hes a borderline first rounder. obviously things could change with senior bowl/combine but at this point id prefer blackmon or robert quinn even.

TheFinisher
01-04-2011, 09:44 AM
Derek Sherrod is a huge reach at 9. Rather have Robert Quinn.

T-RICH49
01-04-2011, 10:24 AM
yes to KC's pick

thebow305
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Great Phins pick!

Master Exploder
01-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the reviews guys! I wish I would have put some explanations now, because I feel like my reasoning for some of the picks might make them seem more ideal, but regardless this is just my first mock of the post-season, so I tried to get as many projected 1st rounders in as possible. After the combine, I think we'll get a better feel of how it's going to play out. I'm sorry if I didn't mock specific players to your teams, I was really just trying to fill team needs with the BPA at that time (hence the 49ers pick). If anyone has any questions on any specific pics, I'll be happy to answer them, and hopefully I'll have explanations on my next mock draft.

vidae
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Great KC pick.

killxswitch
01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I'd like to hear your thoughts on Solder. He is intriguing to me and I want to know more. Obviously his physical tools are well known but how long will it take him to transition to the NFL? If he needs 2+ years to grow as a player and become effective I would rather take someone like Carimi for the Colts, who I think has a lower overall ceiling but a potentially much higher floor and might be ready to start from day one.

Master Exploder
01-04-2011, 11:29 AM
I'd like to hear your thoughts on Solder. He is intriguing to me and I want to know more. Obviously his physical tools are well known but how long will it take him to transition to the NFL? If he needs 2+ years to grow as a player and become effective I would rather take someone like Carimi for the Colts, who I think has a lower overall ceiling but a potentially much higher floor and might be ready to start from day one.

I actually think it's quite the opposite for Solder and Carimi. I think Solder has a lower floor, but a much higher ceiling. I also think Solder could potentially jump up as far as a top 10 draft pick, he looks like he'll blow up the combine, and he seems to be getting more hype as each day passes.

But honestly, I spent a lot of time on this pick, and the only reason I chose Solder was because I feel like he's going to have more hype going into the draft, but I could honestly see the same thing happening for any of the top tackles. As of right now, it's really hard to tell exactly who is going to jump out as the top tackle and with Tyrod Smith entering the draft, it should make things a little more interesting.

prock
01-04-2011, 03:37 PM
As a Vikings fan, I would murder baby seals if this happened.

Pat Sims 90
01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Love me some Green

toddmlazarchick
01-05-2011, 12:24 PM
lockers got a lot of work to do to get his stock back up that high. right now i think hes a borderline first rounder. obviously things could change with senior bowl/combine but at this point id prefer blackmon or robert quinn even.

Agreed but its no secret Shanahan loves Locker.