PDA

View Full Version : David DeCastro, OL, Stanford

RaiderNation
01-04-2011, 04:56 PM
If Luck and Harbaugh leave, Im sure this guy will follow. Seems like a 2nd-4th guy depending on workouts and who all declares. Any scouting reports or opinions on him?

Babylon
01-04-2011, 05:19 PM
We talked about him in the Stanford vs Va. Tech post last night.

First off he went to school here in the Seattle area and played on the Bellevue team (as a soph) that lost in the state title game to Locker's Ferndale team.

I might be in the minority here but i think if this guy declares he's at the top of the list of offensive linemen available. He's a 6-5 315 lb rs soph, with plenty of room to add some more Lbs. Very mobile. Stanford likes to pull him on running plays and he was absolutely dominant against the Hokies last night. If he declares and lasts till the second round you've got the steal of the draft. comparison-Steve Hutchinson.

Sniper
01-04-2011, 05:21 PM
First off he went to school here in the Seattle area

Odd, you've never mentioned it before. :D

DeCastro is an animal. I'd LOVE for the Eagles to pick him up. He could start right away at RG.

ElectricEye
01-04-2011, 05:30 PM
Dominating in line blocker, really good in pass protection as well. Would be near the top of my wishlist as far as offensive linemen is Logan Mankins leaves the Patriots in the offseason.

Babylon
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Dominating in line blocker, really good in pass protection as well. Would be near the top of my wishlist as far as offensive linemen is Logan Mankins leaves the Patriots in the offseason.

A steal at #33.

Did i mention he was from the Seattle area?

Sniper
01-04-2011, 05:34 PM
A steal at #33.

Did i mention he was from the Seattle area?

I heard Steve Schilling is also from there. Can you confirm?

Babylon
01-04-2011, 05:36 PM
I heard Steve Schilling is also from there. Can you confirm?

Same school, as you know.

I dont know if it bother me more that we produce so few major D-1 players or the fact that too many of them leave.

Did you know Taylor Mays is from Seattle too?

niel89
01-04-2011, 08:38 PM
I dont like this new found exposure of my Stanford players. He is a beast though and should get even better with more experience. I know quite a few people on here like him even before the orange bowl.

SchizophrenicBatman
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
He would look pretty good filling the one hole in the offensive line Luck's team is going to have....

oh wait, we traded #33 for Armanti Edwards

HeavyLeggedWaistBender
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Listen to me, this guy is my favorite prospect of the 2011 draft class. Guard play doesn't get better than David DeCastro. Every significant run this year and last has gone right behind him.

He nearly won Tobey Gerhart the Heisman. And had a hand in Andrew Lucks runner up as well.

RaiderNation
01-06-2011, 03:24 AM
Where is he being projected? I think he is a solid 2nd round pick right now, could sneak into the late 1st.

roscoesdad27
01-06-2011, 05:20 AM
I have him going to detroit in round 2....he could move up but right now he's my #4 o.g.

1) M. Pouncy....wowed me in space against penn state over and over...one of the best pulling guards I've ever seen and has the size/strength to match.

2) M. Cannon...massive o.t. With nimble feet that figuers to switch to o.g. In the pros....could play r.t. Down the road....most upside of any o.l. In this draft except maybe solder.

3) B. Ijalna...absolute road grader with surprisingly good feet...can play r.t. down the road.

4) D. Decastro....mauler that plays with a noted mean streak.

All these guys could go round 1.

descendency
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
All these guys could go round 1.

Just wondering, is that "All" of these guys or "Any" of these guys?

4 OGs in round 1 is pretty hard to believe.

Babylon
01-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Just wondering, is that "All" of these guys or "Any" of these guys?

4 OGs in round 1 is pretty hard to believe.

Late first is probably where any of them could show up but i think we're talking early to mid second for all of them. To me DeCastro has the biggest upside of the 4.