PDA

View Full Version : Draft Advisory Board Grades

Shane P. Hallam
01-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Post any results you hear about (not just who asked, because everyone did,) and links to make it credible.

Shane P. Hallam
01-04-2011, 05:37 PM
via Joe Schad

Va-Tech:

Ryan Williams was graded 1-2

Darren Evans was graded 4

http://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/22164665064759297

Chidi29
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Brandon Harris got an "encouraging" grade from the committee.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/CB-Harris-is-Leaving-for-the-NFL-Draft-10254

I'm reading on rotoworld that Tandon Doss got a 2nd or 3rd round grade, but that doesn't appear in the link they provide.

Chidi29
01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
via Joe Schad

Va-Tech:

Ryan Williams was graded 1-2

Darren Evans was graded 4

I'm not disputing you finding this, but Evans' grade doesn't seem right. According to what I've read, a player will get one of five responses.

1) You have the ability to be drafted as high as the 1st round.
2) You have the ability to be drafted as high as the 2nd round
3) You have the ability to be drafted as high as the 3rd round.
4) You probably will not get drafted in the first three rounds but you may be drafted in rounds 4 through 7.
5) You probably won’t be drafted.

I'm assuming Evans got the 4th response and is just being optimistic.

Shane P. Hallam
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm not disputing you finding this, but Evans' grade doesn't seem right. According to what I've read, a player will get one of five responses.

4) You probably will not get drafted in the first three rounds but you may be drafted in rounds 4 through 7.

You may very well be right. I got the link up there from Schad if people want to see.

dannyz
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Ryan Williams has potential to be a 1ST Round pick but Darren Evans kinda looks like a 6th Round pick. Nothing really great about him.

jtcharger24
01-04-2011, 10:17 PM
An OU recruiting site is saying Broyles got a 2. Not confirmed yet though

Wrathman
01-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Scott said Gabbert had a Top-20 rating from the Draft Advisory Board. The info I found says he was given a first-round rating (nothing more specific) but that Scouts Inc. has him as the No. 20 prospect.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/24036/gabberts-successor-not-necessarily-a-given

Scott Wright
01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
No link but I heard from a reliable source Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd got a 3rd Round grade.

A Perfect Score
01-05-2011, 02:37 AM
No link but I heard from a reliable source Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd got a 3rd Round grade.

Thats stupidly low. I know the draft committee is usually low, but thats unreasonable if you ask me. He's arguably the #4 receiver in this class, Ive no idea how he could fall out of the second.

RaiderNation
01-05-2011, 02:45 AM
Floyd is a top 25 prospect in this draft

A Perfect Score
01-05-2011, 02:46 AM

Ive been a huge fan for the longest time, but I simply can't see him ahead of Green, Jones, or Blackmon at this point. After that though, I think he's a clear cut #4 and a first round talent.

Scott Wright
01-05-2011, 03:05 AM
Thats stupidly low. I know the draft committee is usually low, but thats unreasonable if you ask me. He's arguably the #4 receiver in this class, Ive no idea how he could fall out of the second.

I think that is about right.

The panel is usually conservative so third round probably equates to second round and that is right about where his stock is right now, especially considering the depth at wideout.

bullg8rdaddy
01-05-2011, 03:07 AM
Blackmon ahead of Floyd?

Clarkw267
01-05-2011, 03:13 AM
I'd definitely go Blackmon over Floyd... and I like Floyd.

RaiderNation
01-05-2011, 03:30 AM
I'd definitely go Blackmon over Floyd... and I like Floyd.

Same here. Blackmon is my clear cut #3 WR behind Green and Jones. Baldwin and Floyd is more of a toss up to me

TACKLE
01-05-2011, 03:38 AM
I loved Floyd coming into this season. I had him ranked as my #1 WR over Green actually. But I read somewhere that Floyd bulked up to 227 and it showed on the field. His play was still impressive but he had noticeably less burst off the line and didn't seem to be able to separate quite as effectively as last season. Maybe its injury related but you gotta to think that it has to be somewhat weight related. We saw the difference slimming down did for Julio Jones. The difference between his sophomore and junior year was huge. I'd love to see Floyd slim down to 215-220 range, get back his explosiveness to go along with his great hands, physicality and body positioning.

A Perfect Score
01-05-2011, 08:50 AM
I meant to type Blackmon, not Baldwin. Floyd is far ahead of Baldwin IMO. But Green, Jones and Blackmon are all ahead of Floyd.

wicket
01-05-2011, 08:54 AM

Ill edit in a link when i get home, but this is correct and i hope it makes him stay, i think he would have announced with kyle if he didnt. To be honest having mike back would be way more vital as we will still have 3 or 4 starting calibre TEs, of which eifert is a complete stud and koyack and welch appear to be studly as well.

DiG
01-05-2011, 10:27 AM

with injury concerns as much if not more than malcolm kelly

1funguy
01-05-2011, 11:58 AM

Link (http://weblogs.dailypress.com/sports/college/accblog/2011/01/techs_darren_evans_and_ryan_wi.html)

Local paper

keylime_5
01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
with injury concerns as much if not more than malcolm kelly

i wouldn't go that far. Floyd has been getting injuries here and there quite often at Notre Dame, but nothing chronic like Kelly had after his junior year.

bucfan12
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Floyd really reminds me of James Hardy, the WR from Indiana drafted by the bills a couple years ago. He might excel as a #2 WR, but he isn't the number 1 type.

Scott Wright
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I saw that Ryan Williams is telling people he got a first or second round grade.

With all due respect to the kid, I highly doubt that. Doesn't have great size or speed, has durability concerns and is coming off a nightmare season. And his stock didn't drop at all? Something tells me he is exaggerating. I'd be shocked if they told him anything above Round 3.

A Perfect Score
01-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Floyd really reminds me of James Hardy, the WR from Indiana drafted by the bills a couple years ago. He might excel as a #2 WR, but he isn't the number 1 type.

I see a lot of Larry Fitz in Floyd.

K Train
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM

i remember when hardy and aldarius bowman were supposed to be the next big things lol

bucfan12
01-05-2011, 03:26 PM
I saw that Ryan Williams is telling people he got a first or second round grade.

With all due respect to the kid, I highly doubt that. Doesn't have great size or speed, has durability concerns and is coming off a nightmare season. And his stock didn't drop at all? Something tells me he is exaggerating. I'd be shocked if they told him anything above Round 3.

I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round either. Honestly, most running backs only make it through 5 to 6 seasons playing at a high level. Unless RBs are can't miss, I wouldn't draft one until the 2nd to 3rd round, depending on the need. So many RBs who go undrafted or drafted in the mid rounds still have success.
- Arian Foster
- Marian Barber
- Ryan Grant
- Legarett Blount
- Tashard Choice
- Jamaal Charles
- Maurice Jones Drew
- Matt Forte
- Michael Turner
- Brandon Jacobs/Ahmad Bradshaw
- Clinton Portis
- Ray Rice
- Peyton Hillis

All these guys weren't drafted in the 1st round. There are a few 2nd rounders and mid rounders to UDFA's and they all have had success in the nfl.

gpngc
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't touch him until the 3rd round either. Honestly, most running backs only make it through 5 to 6 seasons playing at a high level. Unless RBs are can't miss, I wouldn't draft one until the 2nd to 3rd round, depending on the need. So many RBs who go undrafted or drafted in the mid rounds still have success.
- Arian Foster
- Marian Barber
- Ryan Grant
- Legarett Blount
- Tashard Choice
- Jamaal Charles
- Maurice Jones Drew
- Matt Forte
- Michael Turner
- Clinton Portis
- Ray Rice
- Peyton Hillis

All these guys weren't drafted in the 1st round. There are a few 2nd rounders and mid rounders to UDFA's and they all have had success in the nfl.

It's true. It seems stupid to even consider selecting a running back in the first round. Which is why I don't smart drafting organizations like the Giants or Pats would ever do it.

But people can counter with AD and CJ2K, and while they've been fantastic - what the hell have they won? Peterson only made the playoffs when Favre played out of his skull two years ago. Other than that, while those two guys have been amazing statistically, it's not like either have made their teams THAT much better. And you could have gotten a guy later to produce - maybe not as spectacularly - but produce effectively nonetheless.

RB is just not that important of a position in today's NFL.

Just look at the recent SB winners... most of them didn't have "star" backs.

FuzzyGopher
01-05-2011, 04:22 PM
It's true. It seems stupid to even consider selecting a running back in the first round. Which is why I don't smart drafting organizations like the Giants or Pats would ever do it.

But people can counter with AD and CJ2K, and while they've been fantastic - what the hell have they won? Peterson only made the playoffs when Favre played out of his skull two years ago. Other than that, while those two guys have been amazing statistically, it's not like either have made their teams THAT much better. And you could have gotten a guy later to produce - maybe not as spectacularly - but produce effectively nonetheless.

RB is just not that important of a position in today's NFL.

Just look at the recent SB winners... most of them didn't have "star" backs.

While I generally agree with what you said, the Vikings rode on Peterson's back to the playoffs with Tarvaris freaking Jackson at qb in 2008 before Favre got there.

I think very few running backs are worthy of high selections. Someone like Peterson or McFadden are worth it as they can be game changers and take over games. When you start taking guys like Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown in the top 5 I think you're reaching and you can find a guy to do the same thing they could several rounds later.

Goon61
01-05-2011, 06:09 PM
- Arian Foster
- Marian Barber
- Ryan Grant
- Legarett Blount
- Tashard Choice
- Jamaal Charles
- Maurice Jones Drew
- Matt Forte
- Michael Turner
- Clinton Portis
- Ray Rice
- Peyton Hillis

I can't let you forget about Frank Gore on this list. Frank has seen better days, the niners could have really used L. Blount (they originally signed him after the draft).

Caddy
01-05-2011, 06:22 PM
While I generally agree with what you said, the Vikings rode on Peterson's back to the playoffs with Tarvaris freaking Jackson at qb in 2008 before Favre got there.

I think very few running backs are worthy of high selections. Someone like Peterson or McFadden are worth it as they can be game changers and take over games. When you start taking guys like Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown in the top 5 I think you're reaching and you can find a guy to do the same thing they could several rounds later.

To be fair that draft class was considered fairly weak. Although I always thought Ronnie Brown was an incredible prospect coming out of Auburn.

will99890
01-05-2011, 08:26 PM
- Arian Foster
- Marian Barber
- Ryan Grant
- Legarett Blount
- Tashard Choice
- Jamaal Charles
- Maurice Jones Drew
- Matt Forte
- Michael Turner
- Clinton Portis
- Ray Rice
- Peyton Hillis

This list fails hard with no mention of Frank Gore.