PDA

View Full Version : Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
01-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Fleener is a local kid from my area, attended Joliet Catholic High School, which is a top HS program in Illinois.

He had a huge game against Virginia Tech last night. He has great size at 6'6"/245 as well as good speed and athleticism.

My question is does Fleener have pro potential? If so where is his stock right now?

I believe he is a redshirt junior, so he could leave early this year if he wanted to.

San Diego Chicken
10-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Great, great player, I think he's the biggest mismatch in college football right now. According to some of his teammates, he's one of the fastest players on the team and it shows, he moves so well for a huge guy, and has great agility and body control as well. He's my #1 TE without a doubt ahead of Egnew. Maybe the next Jason Witten?

SolidGold
10-02-2011, 10:18 AM
He had a great catch last night - that one handed TD catch. He should be a weapon at the next level. This isn't the strongest TE class, he is clearly the best TE prospect, I could see him going in the second round.

Babylon
10-02-2011, 10:32 AM
I would normally say he benefits from having Andrew Luck throwing to him but this guy is the real deal. If he can run well at the combine he should be no less than a mid-second round pick. Doesnt look quite as physical as a Rob Gronkowski but could give you that same down the field option.

TACKLE
01-02-2012, 07:47 PM
This guy is a legitimate first round talent and the best TE prospect in the past two years. I look forward to watching him in his last game tonight.

Babylon
01-02-2012, 07:49 PM
This guy is a legitimate first round talent and the best TE prospect in the past two years. I look forward to watching him in his last game tonight.

Great range but need to see how physical he is at the line of scrimmage. By the way are Gronkowski and Graham in that mentioned 2 year window?

A Perfect Score
01-02-2012, 08:10 PM

I loved the hell out of Gronkowski and I liked Gresham even more, but you might be right here. I've been nothing but impressed every single time I've seen Fleener. I think he's got a legitimate chance to go between 26-32 come April.

San Diego Chicken
01-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Great range but need to see how physical he is at the line of scrimmage. By the way are Gronkowski and Graham in that mentioned 2 year window?

Gronkowski was a beast but was injured for the year with an ACL (i think?) his last year at Arizona. Graham only played one year of college football and I don't even think he started for that year. Both certainly better NFL players than they were prospects.

TACKLE
01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I loved the hell out of Gronkowski and I liked Gresham even more, but you might be right here. I've been nothing but impressed every single time I've seen Fleener. I think he's got a legitimate chance to go between 26-32 come April.

By the last two years I meant 2011 and 2012.

Unfortunately for him, it seems as if every team picking near the end of the first already has a very good TE.

Menardo75
01-02-2012, 10:38 PM
By the last two years I meant 2011 and 2012.

Unfortunately for him, it seems as if every team picking near the end of the first already has a very good TE.

With how much Harbaugh uses tight ends I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners take him.

TACKLE
01-03-2012, 01:32 AM
With how much Harbaugh uses tight ends I wouldn't be surprised to see the Niners take him.

I like it a lot. Obviously the Harbaugh connection and the system fit but with the success the Patriots are having, I expect more teams to look towards two TE passing attack as a substitute for 3 wide sets. The 49ers are pretty thin at WR but they could compensate because Vernon and Fleener both have the ability to play inline, out wide or in the slot so it gives them a lot of versatility.

ellsy82
01-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Cat's outta the bag now. He's fringe first rounder for sure.

DBNYDP
01-03-2012, 05:49 AM
How's Fleener as a blocker? I haven't seen him block really so I can't make a complete assessment of him as a TE.

nepg
01-03-2012, 06:03 AM
I like Fleener a lot. I hope the Chiefs can land him or Dwayne Allen. Complete package TE.

Razor
01-03-2012, 06:48 AM
How's Fleener as a blocker? I haven't seen him block really so I can't make a complete assessment of him as a TE.

I think Fleener is a decent blocker, but he's not in the Gronkowski category. He has the size and strength to develop as a blocker and I fully expect him to do that. I'm a huge Fleener fan and I've had him higher than Allen pretty much the whole way through. Heck, if he falls I want the Patriots to grab him just due to value that's how much I like him.

the_dark_knight
01-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Fleener to ATL in the 2nd.