PDA

View Full Version : First round mock draft V. 1.0

Hollywood
01-05-2011, 12:07 AM
1. Carolina (2-14)
Andrew Luck QB, Stanford

Carolina needs a splash here, would be smart to offer the world to Jim Harbaugh and see what happens. Easiest pick of the draft.

2. Denver (4-12)
Patrick Peterson CB, LSU

Denver goes best defensive player available and gets a play maker that will make a difference in year one. Huge fan of Peterson and think he will be a perennial pro bowler and impact player.

3. Buffalo (4-12)
Cam Newton QB, Auburn

Count me in the camp that says if you don't have a franchise QB and your team is bad...you take one. I am also in the camp that thinks Newton will have a great pro day and wow the scouts. I see a natural fit here.

4. Cincinnati (4-12)
AJ Green WR, Georgia

Don't think Cincinatti is ready to give up on a 31 year old Carson Palmer just yet, and giving him a piece like Green could prove them right. Don't think they need a total franchise "revamping" by drafting a new QB. Of the teams in the top 10 I see them as most likely (if they add a couple of the right pieces here and there) to make the playoffs next year.

5. Arizona (5-11)
Ryan Mallett QB, Arkansas

I'm a personal big fan of Mallett, and sorry..don't buy that Arizona is confident in Skelton being the man. They should consider themselves lucky to get a QB like Mallett with the players they already have on that offense.

6. Cleveland (5-11)
DaQuan Bowers DE, Clemson

Great value here for the Browns getting a guy that in many years would be a top 3 pick. Bowers will look great on that line in Cleveland, they need a player like this.

7. San Francisco (6-10)
Jake Locker QB, Washington

Has to be a QB here for San Fran, and Locker is next on board. I rate him slightly above Gabbert.

8. Tennessee (6-10)
Robert Quinn DE, North Carolina

If it weren't for the suspensions and taking the year off I could see Quinn going ahead of Bowers. Fabulous talent and gives Tennessee another great chess piece.

9. Dallas (6-10)
Nick Fairley DT, Auburn

The draft board definitely doesn't fall in the Cowboys favor here, as I gotta think Quinn and Peterson would be the two players that would fit the best in Dallas. Nice consolation prize though in the BPA in Nick Fairley who absolutely dominated some games from the DT position. Great prospect.

10. Washington (6-10)
Julio Jones WR, Alabama

Slam dunk pick for Washington, love AJ Green as a WR prospect, but think Jones is only a notch below. Jones instantly becomes the #1 WR and pairs nicely with Moss. Would not shock me though to see the 'Skins go high profile QB if one of Newton, Mallett or Locker fall to them.

11. Houston (6-10)
Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska

How happy are the Texans here? Perfect fit for an already very talented team. In any other year Prince is a lock as a top ten pick and the #1 DB off the board.

12. Minnesota (6-10)
Marcell Dareus DE, Alabama

The Vikings are in an odd situation where they almost have to pick a QB despite having other team needs as well. Just don't think Blaine Gabbert is a good fit here. Could be the team most likely to trade down though as they could get a QB later in round 1 and add another piece or two. Dareus would be a nice fit though on that D.

13. Detroit (6-10)
Akeem Ayers OLB, UCLA

The Lions played themselves out of adding yet another elite talent in the draft but they showed they are getting close to actually doing something for the first time in decades. Unfortunate for them that this draft features no elite level Offensive lineman, but Ayers will look good at OLB in Detroit.

14. St. Louis (7-9)
Michael Floyd WR, Notre Dame

The Rams give Bradford a weapon at the WR spot, a guy in Floyd I have ranked as the 3rd best WR behind the obvious two.

15. Miami (7-9)
Stephen Paea DT, Oregon State

Sorry to be the only mock draft out there that doesn't have the 'Phins taking Ingram; but the Dolphins have A LOT of needs, and RB can and should be addressed later. Paea will give them a talented guy at a position that is a lot harder to find than RB. Really like Paea's upside and with no guard, MLB or safety to take here, Dolphins go BPA.

16. Jacksonville (8-8)
Justin Blackmon WR, Oklahoma State

Jacksonville needs help at other spots, but adding a play maker like Blackmon to the WR group will help them a lot.

17. New England (from Oakland 8-8)
Ryan Kerrigan LB/DE Purdue

ahh the Patriots. Best run organization in sports. /end obvious statements. Get a chance to roll the dice Kerrigan who could do special things with his athleticism in a B.B. defense.

18. San Diego (9-7)
Dereck Sherrod OT, Mississippi State

Think he will be the first O-Lineman off the board and a nice fit for San Diego.

19. New York Giants (10-6)
Brandon Harris CB, Miami

They've done well with Miami DBs before, Harris fills a need and is a talented corner who will do well on that defense.

20. Tampa Bay (10-6)
Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa

Buc fans would have to be ecstatic with this fit. Up and coming team adding another talented player next to McCoy on that line.

21. Seattle (7-9)
Mark Ingram RB, Alabama

Seahawks need the playmakers. Ingram gives them a very good back and compliment to Lynch.

22. Kansas City (10-6)
JJ Watt DE, Wisconsin

Seems like the typical solid, Pioli selection.

23. Indianapolis (10-6)
Mike Pouncey OG, Florida

Slides right into the interior of the Colts O-Line.

24. Philadelphia (10-6)

Von Miller OLB, Texas A&M

Eagles get to improve the front seven.

25. Green Bay (10-6)
Nate Solder OT, Colorado

Packers take a high risk/high reward kind of player that fits into what they need.

26. New Orleans (11-5)
Bruce Carter OLB, North Carolina

One of my personal favorite players in this draft, think Carter is going to be a pro bowl level OLB. Great pick for the Saints.

27. Chicago (11-5)
Gabe Carimi OT, Wisconsin

Solid pick for the Bears who badly need the O-Line help.

28. New York Jets (11-5)
Allen Bailey DE/DT, Miami

Think a lot of people are sleeping on Bailey, but Ryan will find away to use his elite level athleticism.

29. Baltimore (12-4)
Janoris Jenkins CB, Florida

Would be a great fit on the Ravens D.

30. Pittsburgh (12-4)

Cameron Heyward DE, Ohio State

Value pick here for the Steelers for a guy who IMO is falling to far on too many draft boards.

31. Atlanta (13-3)
Kyle Randolph TE, Notre Dame

He's no Tony Gonzalez, but they will need something there when/if he does retire after this year...

32. New England (14-2)
Corey Liuget DT, Illinois

The Patriots have the luxury again of taking a player they like, and since I don't know who they like i'll give them a guy a like! Liuget has some great upside IMO, and with the right coaching that you know he'll get in New England, could be a pro bowl level player.

marshallb
01-05-2011, 12:47 AM
Don't really like the Vikings pick, but you explained it very well, so I can handle it.

T-RICH49
01-05-2011, 12:51 AM
bad KC pick.after tonight I'd go either Heyward or Miller instead

bullg8rdaddy
01-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Pass on Clayborn.

Rather have Solder, B. Carter or Carimi in your Mock.

thebow305
01-05-2011, 01:08 AM
How exactly is Paea the BPA for the Phins? We need a QB and with Gabbert still available we NEED to take him. Paea is more like the WPA. Gabbert PLEASE!!

Hollywood
01-05-2011, 01:30 AM
How exactly is Paea the BPA for the Phins? We need a QB and with Gabbert still available we NEED to take him. Paea is more like the WPA. Gabbert PLEASE!!

Meh. I'm a Phin fan and I don't want us to take Gabbert, just not high on him and think it would be a reach. Do you really think he is better than Chad Henne was coming out of college as a QB prospect? I don't.

Now if one of Mallett, Locker or Newton drops for whatever reason....

DiG
01-05-2011, 08:08 AM
decent skins pick but i think dareus might be better value. i dont think that julios value is top 10 at this point. i personally have him rated in the 15-20 range behind blackmon.

Sniper
01-05-2011, 08:23 AM
24. Philadelphia (10-6)

Von Miller OLB, Texas A&M

Eagles get to improve the front seven.

How is drafting a 3-4 OLB to play him in a 4-3 improving the front seven?

killxswitch
01-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Seems a little high for Pouncey with Carimi still on the board.

Master Exploder
01-05-2011, 10:49 AM
I don't understand why I keep seeing Mike Pouncey in the 1st round. I just don't see the same thing that I saw in his brother.

1funguy
01-05-2011, 11:22 AM
AJ Smith will not spend a 1st on the OL.

Not.Gonna.Happen.

toddmlazarchick
01-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Solid skins pick. A QB (Locket/Gabbert or Newton possibly), WR(Jones or Blackmon), DL(Dareus or Fairley) or OLB (Quinn) are my list of hopes so anyone of those at 10 is a solid draft for us.

GatorsBullsFan
01-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Jags pick is unrealistic...Blackmon will not be a jag when there are people like Clayborn, Kerrigan, and JJ Watts still on the board plus Brandon Harris

phlysac
01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
1. Carolina (2-14)
7. San Francisco (6-10)
Jake Locker QB, Washington

Has to be a QB here for San Fran, and Locker is next on board. I rate him slightly above Gabbert.

"Slightly above Gabbert" yet you don't even have Gabbert in Rd1. #7 or 2nd Rd. I don't care how much a "need" is if it means forcing it that much based on your rankings. Theyd be better off getting Gabbert in the 2nd, then.

K Train
01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
heyward <3

Prowler
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
How is drafting a 3-4 OLB to play him in a 4-3 improving the front seven?

playing with 10 guys is better than playing with ernie sims.

I like the Ayers to detroit pick.

prock
01-05-2011, 03:00 PM
I am not happy with Dareus.

BaLLiN
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
19. New York Giants (10-6)
Brandon Harris CB, Miami

They've done well with Miami DBs before, Harris fills a need and is a talented corner who will do well on that defense.

thats an awful explanation, and i dont feel like he's worthy of a first round pick anyway

fenikz
01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Mallett is just so terrible, a Derek Anderson clone, one of the only picks that the Cardinals could make that I would truly hate. Quinn or Amukamara please

49erNation85
01-05-2011, 06:15 PM
excellent 49ers pick!With Hargbaugh coming in .He should be able to coach locker well into a good pocket passer for years to come .