PDA

View Full Version : BrownLeader 3 Rounds (1/5)

Brown Leader
01-05-2011, 04:05 PM
*1/16 Declared Underclassmen Updated*

1 Carolina Panthers - Nick Fairley DT Auburn*
I see a new staff in Carolina going with the most talented "sure" thing available. No matter what they do they most likely have a top 10 pick next year so they can afford to give Clausen another year of development, in the off chance he's legit, but most likely find a franchise QB next year. Fairley = Warren Sapp with long arms.

2 Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson CB LSU*
End of the Champ era and the beginning of the Pat Peterson one. Joins a promising group with Cox, and Thompson-one of my favorite prospects last year and who I can envision moving to S. Likely also the beginning of the Tebow era so a QB is not happening. Peterson is like a Charles Woodson vII.

3 Buffalo Bills - Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri*
Definitely not my choice if I was GM but I can see the Bills taking a chance on Gabbert and bringing him along slowly like A.Rodgers or Pennington. Gabbert reminds me now of Alex Smith and needs time to learn a pro system. In a year or two could take over for the Professor. Still envision Lee Evans cut but Gabbert looks like an ideal fit for the offense down the road.
Prev: AJ Green WR Georgia*

4 Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green WR Georgia*
Figure now the Bengals will not want to roll into the season with Simpson and Caldwell outside and only Ship and Cosby behind them. Simpson looked like a #1 imo but it was only for two games. Ship could perhaps be a starter on the outside but looks more suited to stay in the slot. Even with Simpson's mini break out the Bengals might still be interested in bringing in a WR like they showed at the start of the season with TO, Bryant and M.Jones and go with Green, who looks like a tall Ocho to me.
Prev: Nick Fairley DE Auburn*

5 Arizona Cardinals - Robert Quinn DE/OLB UNC*
After acquiring two promising rookie QBs in 09 and Whis’ known impatience with young passers I find it hard to believe the Cards will go QB here, even with a high pick. Skelton physically looks the part and once he learns to read defenses I think he’ll be a solid starter. Quinn could be a quick study behind Haggans. I see a lot of mocks with Prince here but I got the impression Toler played well this past season and it might be too early to give up on DRC. Quinn looks like a lighter Ray Edwards to me.

6 Cleveland Browns - Cameron Newton QB Auburn*
Mangini’s firing is an indication that Holmgren had a plan already in place. That plan might also include drafting a big time QB prospect this year and bringing in guys who would not have fit into Mangini’s squeaky clean good guy roster. McCoy wasn't necessarily drafted to be a franchise QB and there wasn't consensus on taking him. I think it's conceivable he might be looked at still as a guy who could be a serviceable starter but not much more. If things had gone to plan he would not have even seen the field and drafting a QB #1 wouldn’t be much of a debate. Shurmur was brought in to mold the new franchise QB and I doubt Holmgren is ready to declare McCoy as that guy. Newton is something like a raw Roethlisberger.
Prev: Prince Amukumara CB Nebraska

7 San Francisco 49ers - Jake Locker QB Washington
Harbaugh might still like Locker as a prospect and feel he can continue his development as a pro QB. Imo Harbaugh would prefer an ideal game manager over the type that carries the team and that suits Locker as of now. Locker still reminds me of David Garrard but maby Harbaugh can coach out the turnovers.
Prev: Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*

8 Tennessee Titans - Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas*
Fisher seems like the right coach to bring Mallet into the pro game. Mallett reminds me of Kerry Collins and could do essentially what Collins does for the offense-stretch the field with arm strength and lob it up for Britt.

9 Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara CB
Cowboys struggled defensively to keep up with the high flying offenses in their division. I think Prince will show up shorter than expected-5’11 and maby a little slower too but still gives the Cowboys an upgrade. Prince actually reminds me of a 2009 Mike Jenkins but hopefully he won’t fall off like Mikey.
Prev: Marcell Dareus DE Alabama*

10 Washington Redskins – Julio Jones WR Alabama*
Unbelievably, Kyle Shanahan has gotten Grossman to look like a competent QB-still not a long term solution but decent enough to not have to make a desperate move in the first for a QB-or maby not. Would love to see the skins take a chance on Tyrod Taylor in the mid to late rounds. Julio is an intimidating WR and plays like a Detroit Roy Williams to me. Prev: Cameron Newton QB Auburn*

11 Houston Texans – J.J. Watt DT/DE Wisconsin*
I’m betting Watt will come out if he’s assured of being the first 34 DE taken. Given his season I think that’s a good possibility. He offers versatility depending on what scheme Wade chooses to run with.
Prev: Julio Jones WR Alabama*

12 Minnesota Vikings – Tyron Smith OT USC*
With Frazier staying on it’s safe to assume most of the staff stays as well. In that case I see the Vikings bringing in Kevin Kolb as their franchise starter and continue to develop Webb as the back up. Mckinnie is almost done and Smith could reserve for a year and take over in 12.
Prev: Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa

13 Detroit Lions - Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson*.
Bowers has issues with his get off but is active, playing on the edge or inside and has closing speed-on the Lions he could become a big time finisher with the pressure Suh & company generate.

14 St. Louis Rams – Cameron Jordan DE/DT California
Sgag's Giants teams routinely drafted pass rushers and I see his Ram's doing the same. Jordan is capable of playing in either scheme and being dominant.
Prev:Aldon Smith DE Missouri

15 Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram RB Alabama*
Dolphins are in a difficult state. No question they've lost confidence in Henne long term but are not in position to draft a franchise guy especially in this hit or miss draft for QBs. The next best option is to add playmakers on offense. Ingram had a down season but is everything a team would want in a franchise back.
Prev: Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State*

16 Jacksonville Jaguars - Brandon Harris CB Miami*
Congrats to Del Rio-Jags becoming relevant again but sorely lack talent on the backend of the defense. Haven't seen a ton of Harris but I'll throw out Richard Marshall as comparison.

17 New England Patriots(f/OAK)- Aldon Smith OLB/DE Missouri*
Smith should end up being the top 34 OLB prospect and is the kind of long hybrid type the Patriots prefer. Probably going to light up the combine.
Prev:Riley Reiff OT Iowa*

18 San Diego Chargers – Marcell Dareus DE Alabama*
Dareus has been regarded as a top ten for a while now but I don’t see it. Chargers have little weaknesses other than special teams. I see Floyd being resigned and maby Steve Smith acquired, but they could use more talent/depth upfront. Dareus reminds me of an overweight 2010 Jay Ratliff.
Prev: Anthony Costanzo OT Boston College.

19 New York Giants – Nate Solder OT Colorado
Solder is a potential LT and a strong run blocker-seemingly a good fit for the Giants. Mayock has him right now as his #1 OT.
Prev: Ben Ijalana OT Villanova

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin
Although the Bucs need a standout DE I’m not sure one will be on the board at this range. They also struggle up front to protect Freeman and open up things for the RB. Carimi is the top RT prospect and could seriously upgrade the Bucs Oline.
Prev: Nate Solder OT Colorado

21 Kansas City Chiefs – Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*
KC fans I'm sure would prefer Kerrigan but I'm not convinced he could make a good conversion to OLB. Ayers should put on a show at the combine and become the #2 34 OLB prospect.
Prev: Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue

22 Indianapolis Colts – Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State*
Colts in need of a LT and Sherrod is experienced enough to start there as a rookie.
Prev: Tyron Smith OT USC*

23 Philadelphia Eagles – Ben Ijalana OT Villanova
Eagles need to replace Justice and Ijalana's been touted by Mayock to have the feet to play LT. A good showing senior week might have some teams coveting him.
Prev: Janoris Jenkins CB Florida

24 New Orleans Saints – Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue
Saints could look for a talented pass rusher to groom behind Smith and Brown. Kerrigan is better suited at De imo than hybrid OLB.
Prev: Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*

25 Seattle Seahawks – Stefan Wisniewski C/OG Penn State
The Hawks are undefeated this season when Lynch gets over 20 carries or something like that so improving the running game might be the top priority this off season.

26 Baltimore Ravens – Jimmy Smith CB Colorado
I think a 2nd or 3rd round CB prospect will help himself post season and get 1st round consideration. In this scenario it’s Smith who should get a look from the Ravens because he’s the best press CB in this class.
Prev: Cameron Jordan DE California

27 Atlanta Falcons – Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
Had Baldwin here but character concerns could make ATL pass. Rudolph is a relatively safe pick and can take over at TE when Tony moves on.
Prev: Jonathan Baldwin WR Pittsburgh*

28 NE TRADE to Dallas Cowboys – Marcus Cannon OT TCU
Cowboys ought to be desperate to solve RT position and make a move for Cannon-Pats are always willing to trade down.

29 Chicago Bears – Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College
Bears struggle to run the ball and often protect for Mr.Cutler. Costanzo might be simply a RT in the NFL but is still an upgrade for the Bears.
Prev: Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State*

30 Pittsburgh Steelers – Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State
Heyward turns it on and off but is probably too talented for the Steelers to pass.
Prev: Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

31 New York Jets –Von Miller OLB Texas A&M
Miller has the post season now to recover his stock if fully healthy.
Prev: J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin*

32 Green Bay Packers – Jabaal Sheard DE/OLB Pittsburgh
There's always a hybrid guy that blows up post season and gets 1st round consideration. If Sheard dominates senior week practices and shows the ability to stand up and play in space I think he'll be a 1st round pick despite the bar fight.

II

33 New England Patriots(f/CAR) – Rodney Hudson OG/C Florida State
Hudson is about as safe an interior line prospect as you can get and could eventually make a move to C.

34 Denver Broncos – Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Clayborn is my candidate for draft day faller. Not a superb outside rusher and not quite big or strong enough for DT. Add to that some character questions I’ve heard rumored and medical issues…and yeah.
Prev: Allen Bailey DE Miami

35 Buffalo Bills – Allen Bailey DE Miami
Bailey is the type that could put it all together eventually and be a solid pro. Helps the Bills struggling front line.
Prev: Ben Ijalana OT

36 Cincinnati Bengals - Dan Watkins OG/T Baylor
With Marvin and Carson returning there is a priority to improve the interior of the Oline.

37 Arizona Cardinals – Mike Pouncey OG Florida
A Pouncey for the Steelers west. Being compared favorably to his brother by none other than Mr Mayock.
Prev: Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

38 Cleveland Browns – Greg Little WR North Carolina
Little should recover some of his stock this post season. The best yac WR in the draft imo, fits well into a WCO. Reminds me of Miles Austin.

39 San Francisco 49ers – Jeremy Beal OLB Oklahoma
Singletary never found a solid OLB pass rusher. Beal hustles and plays the run well.

40 Tennessee Titans – Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh*
Titans offense routinely held in check last season. Baldwin should be a strong red zone threat if not a good field stretcher.
Prev: DeMarcus Love OT/G Arkansas

41 Dallas TRADE to New England Patriots – Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
Expect the Pats to take a OT early. Gilbert is a little off radar but has had a solid season and could generate more buzz soon.
Prev: Jeremy Beal OLB Oklahoma

42 Washington Redskins - Justin Houston OLB Georgia*
Skins might go bpa here-that might not be Houston but Mel Kiper likes him.
Prev: Jason Pinkston OT/G Pittsburgh

43 Houston Texans – Deunta Williams S North Carolina
Texans should look to replace the aging Wilson. When he's fully healthy Williams should be the best FS in this class.

44 Minnesota TRADE to Philadelphia Eagles – Quan Sturdivant OLB North Carolina
Vikings give up a 2nd rounder for Kolb. Eagles need a LB that can cover and is versatile enough to blitz on occasion.

45 Detroit Lions – Mason Foster LB Washington
Lions might overhaul this position and be desperate to find new starters. Foster is a fairly safe pick who can play inside or out.

46 St. Louis Rams – Drake Nevis DT LSU
His Giants routinely stacked pass rushers and I think the Spag’s Rams will do the same.

47 Denver Broncos (F/MIA) – Martez Wilson ILB Illinois*
Wilson is probably the top rated 34 ILB.
Prev: Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State

48 Jacksonville Jaguars – Ahmad Black S Florida
Jags need to get a starting caliber safety out of this draft.

49 Oakland Raiders – John Moffit C Wisconsin
Not convinced Al would make such a mundane pick with his first but Moffitt looks well suited to play inside for the Raiders.
Prev:Dontay Moch OLB Nevada

50 San Diego Chargers – Brandon Burton CB Utah*
Chargers should begin to consider a successor to Jammer. Burton has height and had an impressive season in coverage and just needs to improve his strength to be an impact player.

51 New York Giants – Aaron Williams CB Texas*
Down year but has the tools and post season workouts to recover a bit of his stock and the Giants need to stack quality CBs to keep up with the Eagles crew.

52 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Pernell McPhee DE Mississippi State
Tampa 2 needs DEs that can play the run on the way to the QB. McPhee could jump start his stock after a senior season lacking highlights with stellar post season workouts.

53 Kansas City Chiefs – Torrey Smith WR Maryland*
Teams will be on the look out for the next Mike Wallace and Smith is a good comparison.

54 Indianapolis Colts – Stephen Paea DT Oregon
Feels like the Colts have been trying to address the interior of the defense forever.
Prev: Allen Bailey DT Miami

55 Philadelphia Eagles – Devon House CB New Mexico State
Even if Nandi is acquired depth is needed. House has the experience and confidence to contribute right away as a nickel.

56 New Orleans Saints – Greg Jones LB Michigan State
Jones is a solid prospect for the outside and the Saints are needy for a LB that can cover.

57 Seattle Seahawks – Jason Pinkston OT/G Pittsburgh
The Jesus will need better protection than Hasselback his first year as the starter.

58 Baltimore Ravens – Steven Friday OLB/DE Virginia Tech
Ravens need a replacement for Kindle already.
Prev: Aaron Williams CB Texas*

59 Atlanta Falcons – Christian Ballard DE Iowa
Huge athletic developing player better suited for a 43 defense imo.

60 New England Patriots – Len Hankerson WR Miami
Playoff loss exposed Pats committee WR approach a bit-or maby they should stop relying on Branch.

61 Chicago Bears – Corey Liuget*
Undersized 3tech seems perfectly suited for the Bears scheme.

62 Pittsburgh Steelers – Ras I Dowling CB/S Virginia
Dowling season was cut short by injury but when healthy he looks like a Steelers type CB. Also provides depth at FS.

63 San Diego Chargers (F/NYJ) – Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple*
Depth is needed upfront. As of now Wilkerson is a unheralded prospect but has dominated in Philly.

64 Green Bay Packers – Chris Carter OLB/DE Fresno State
Packers can afford to double up on potential pass rushers since they get zero production outside of Matthews and have little weaknesses elsewhere. Carter is a sleeper who projects well imo.
Prev: Jason Pinkston OT Pittsburgh

III

65 Carolina Panthers – DeMarcus Love OG Arkansas
Surest way for Rivera to rebuild is to start upfront.

66 Denver Broncos – D.J.Williams TE Arkansas
New scheme might require at least one pass catching TE.

67 Buffalo Bills - Jarvis Jenkins DE Clemson
Beast of a run defender-might go much earlier than here in the 3rd.

68 Cincinnati Bengals - Rahim Moore FS UCLA
Desperately need someone to start over Nelson.

69 Arizona Cardinals – Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin
Solid all around TE helps out Skelton and the run game.

70 Cleveland Browns – Rock Carmichael CB Virginia Tech
Rock could show well in pre draft workouts and see his stock climb. Fast and plays bigger than his size but needs to wrap up consistently.

71 San Francisco 49ers – John Patrick CB Louisville
Absolutely brutal to watch Clements sometimes. Patrick is a raw developmental type with the skill set to be a good starter at some point.

72 Tennessee Titans – James Carpenter OT Alabama
Titans could use some new talent on the Oline and I'm expecting Carpenter to show well in the post season workouts.

73 Dallas Cowboys – Robert Sands S Virginia*
Improving the secondary should be a top priority with Ryan as the new DC.

74 New Orleans Saints (F/WAS) – DeAndre McDaniel S Clemson
Hard to say S is not the Saints biggest need after watching Harper struggle so mightily-either way he's a FA and McDaniel has the talent of a 1st rd. pick.

75 Houston Texans – Sione Fua NT Stanford
Solid Nose defender and fits into either scheme.

76 New England Patriots (F/MINN) – Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois*
Leshoure's all around game and game breaking speed could put him over BJGE.

77 Detroit Lions – Clint Boiling OG/T Georgia
Considered a thumping SS like McDaniel but the Lions need better play on the line and can't afford to leave Stafford out to dry.

78 St. Louis Rams – Nate Irving OLB NC State
Could recover stock after coming back from injury if he performs well in post season workouts.

79 Miami Dolphins - Andy Dalton QB TCU
Dalton might be a better game manger than Henne but probably still just a holdover until a big time QB is drafted.

80 Jacksonville Jaguars – Kelvin Sheppard ILB LSU
Jags could be looking at a inside LB prospect on the second day.

81 Oakland Raiders – Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
Colin’s big time physical tools could make him an Al 2nd day pick. I don't believe the Raiders are satisfied with Campbell.

82 San Diego TRADE to Carolina Panthers – Lawrence Guy DT Arizona State*
Figuring Steve Smith traded to the Chargers. Guy should make a solid 43 disrupting DT.

83 New York Giants – Kris O’Dowd C USC
Maby still a reach in the 3rd but the Giants do not want to go through another 2010 at this position.

84 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bruce Carter LB North Carolina
Bucs could take a gamble on the injured Carter here.

85 Kansas City Chiefs – Phil Taylor NT Colorado
Boom/bust guy who has all the ability to be a good NT-has a little Shaun Rogers in him.

86 Indianapolis Colts – Brooks Reed DE Arizona
Colts still looking for quality depth at DE after Hughes underperformed.

87 Philadelphia Eagles – Jaiquawn Jarrett S Temple
It's a all-local draft for the Eagles. Jarrett's lack of speed might make him a better fit at SS. Mikell set to be a FA.

88 New Orleans Saints – Shane Vereen RB California*
Underrated RB imo who will be starting for a squad in 11'. P.Thomas likely history.

89 San Diego Chargers (F/SEA) – Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Fits the attacking 34 the Chargers run and adds depth.

90 Baltimore Ravens – Jerrel Jernigan WR/RS Troy
Playmaker who could really benefit from learning from the Ravens vets and contribute on ST and 3rd downs-or not. Strictly a slot guy imo and an overrated RS.

91 Atlanta Falcons – Titus Young WR Boise State
Small explosive playmaking type that every team is adding.

92 New England Patriots – Jalil Brown CB/S Colrado
Pats probably trade this pick but might look for help on ST and depth at FS and CB.

93 Chicago Bears – Tyler Sash S Iowa*
Bears have some how still gotten a dominating defense while starting both Harris and Bullocks. This guy gets a roster spot just based on his name in Chicago.

94 Pittsburgh Steelers – Lee Zeimba OG/T Auburn
Another physical swing type the Steelers seem to collect. Best suited for OG imo.

95 San Diego Chargers (F/NYJ) - Austin Pettis WR Boise State
Chargers might need depth at WR after the off season plus Pettis might even help out the STs.

96 Green Bay Packers – Chris Hairston OT Clemson
Good run blocker who might fit at the RT.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
01-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Good first 2 rounds. Hughes still needs time t develop. I wouldn't mind Jerrigan. If not him CB or S.

BeerBaron
01-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Ehhh, I'm not personally a big Castonzo fan as I've seen him get beat too easily and his feet move too slowly for my liking, but I understand the pick. Moffit is good, seems a little high...I know he's on the rise, but I think he's a 3rd rounder at this point.

Hightower....don't see the fit at all. Even as a blitzing SAM, we'd barely use him. We seem to like jumping to the nickel often, and we have plenty of other needs ahead of a linebacker right now.

wicket
01-05-2011, 04:33 PM
27 New Orleans Saints – Stefan Wisniewski C/G Penn State
Saints came back to a one-dimensional offense this season and need to open things up better in the running game. Wis can play C or G and Nicks might be too costly for the Saints to keep.

59 New Orleans Saints – Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa
Clayborn is my candidate for big time draft day faller. Not a superb outside rusher and not quite big or strong enough for DT. Add to that some character questions I’ve heard rumored and medical issues…yeah.

74 New Orleans Saints (F/WAS) – Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
Close to trading Thomas during the season and with his contract up, the only real RB is Ivory who just hurt his knee.

91 New Orleans Saints – Steve Schilling OG Michigan
Saints might need a replacement for Nicks next season.

Getting Clayborn in the second (wtf???) makes up a little bit for what is otherwise a terrible draft. I doubt they will let Nicks go but even when they do, Tennant was drafted last year and is developing nicely to be able to replace him and is pretty much the same player wisnieski is, just cheaper. Saints already have like 4 running backs and have never shown any inclination to spend mid round picks on running backs. Adding a second guy also to replace Nicks just makes it crazy.

Getting Clayborn in the second would be insanely awesome but still, the other three picks are just terrible.

fyi, the saints top 4 draft needs (and the gap beyond it is huge)
DE, DT, SLB, WLB, you hit one of them and the saints only have a 7th for the last one. On top of that, with the three picks that didnt fill a need you also got terrible value whilst twice the bpa would have filled a need.

BaLLiN
01-05-2011, 04:42 PM
1. Nate Soldier- not completely sold on him, but Mayock has been amazing at evaluating talent, Beatty vs Andrews vs Soldier for the starting LT spot.

2. Brandon Burton- no thanks, he doesn't come across as impressive, he doesn't seem aggressive or worthy of a 2nd round pick from the two games i've seen him play in. Greg Jones, Adrian Clayborn, or Stephen Paea would all be better picks for us. Jones would provide speed and aggressiveness as well as better coverage ability in our Tampa 2-esque defense. Clayborn and Paea are both very talented players, both have had some injury problems, but we have little to no depth behind Canty and Cofield(FA).

3. Kris O'Dowd- I actually like this pick, but Bruce Carter would be a better choice if we haven't addressed that already.

thebow305
01-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Don't think the Phins pass on Gabbert if he's still available with their pick. If we grab him, then according to your mock we can get Leonard Hankerson at WR in the 3rd. That would be a much better combo. We could prob still get a good running back in the 4th then.

scar988
01-05-2011, 05:55 PM
good ATL pick, but they can't possibly pick higher than 28th, unless NE loses in the divisional round too.

K Train
01-05-2011, 05:56 PM
heyward and aaron williams would make me lose composure of my bodily functions id be so happy

GB12
01-05-2011, 06:11 PM
RB is the worst pick you can give the Packers in the first without being completely illogical like FB or QB.

Justin Houston would be perfect there. If you want to give us a runningback, Leshoure or Vereen in the second or someone like Devine or Hunter later would be so much better.

Brown Leader
01-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Don't think the Phins pass on Gabbert if he's still available with their pick. If we grab him, then according to your mock we can get Leonard Hankerson at WR in the 3rd. That would be a much better combo. We could prob still get a good running back in the 4th then.

Missed the news he was coming out. Made a big edit, so Locker again :D

Abaddon
01-05-2011, 06:20 PM
49 Oakland Raiders – Dontay Moch OLB Nevada
Needs little explanation as long as Al still pulls the strings.

As I posted last time, Al just spent 4 draft picks on 4 LBs last offseason. He won't spend a 2nd rounder on yet another.

81 Oakland Raiders – Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada
Just a typical Al Davis style pick-Colin’s big time physical tools could make him a 2nd day pick.

No such thing as a typical Al Davis QB draft pick. They come rarely, and are usually several, several years apart. Besides, he's already declared Jason Campbell to be the new Jim Plunkett, so you can pretty much hand up the idea of any high round QBs being added.

49erNation85
01-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I would be almost ok with that draft if SF gets Locker .He just seems more of a solid QB to me then Mallet does but I could live with Mallet if we go that route.Seeing if Harbough comes to SF he make stay west coast style QB .

Brown Leader
01-05-2011, 06:21 PM
RB is the worst pick you can give the Packers in the first without being completely illogical like FB or QB.

Justin Houston would be perfect there. If you want to give us a runningback, Leshoure or Vereen in the second or someone like Devine or Hunter later would be so much better.

I don't think Houston is a 1st rd pick. It's interesting how down everyone is on Ingram now but I'd be surprised if the Packers don't address RB early.

Brown Leader
01-05-2011, 06:28 PM
As I posted last time, Al just spent 4 draft picks on 4 LBs last offseason. He won't spend a 2nd rounder on yet another.

If Moch is anywhere near reported I'll believe that when I see it.

No such thing as a typical Al Davis QB draft pick. They come rarely, and are usually several, several years apart. Besides, he's already declared Jason Campbell to be the new Jim Plunkett, so you can pretty much hand up the idea of any high round QBs being added.

Kaepernick is probably going to put on a physical show and Campbell is a question mark long term. I think because of the success of Vick there will be quite a few teams that try to copycat what the Eagles did with him.

Caddy
01-05-2011, 06:34 PM
The Bucs running game wasn't keeping them out of the playoffs. They were a top 10 team running the ball this season.

GB12
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
I don't think Houston is a 1st rd pick. It's interesting how down everyone is on Ingram now but I'd be surprised if the Packers don't address RB early.

Early as in 2nd or 3rd round maybe, but sure as hell not in the first. I like Houston more than any other OLB prospect besides Quinn. And apparently you had him going 2 spots later at 33 in your last mock, but if you are absolutely against him, Beal or Miller would be fine.

Brown Leader
01-05-2011, 06:42 PM
The Bucs running game wasn't keeping them out of the playoffs. They were a top 10 team running the ball this season.

Haha-I wrote that mid season and never changed it. Still think Carimi would make an incredible fit.

Trogdor
01-05-2011, 07:35 PM
[QUOTE=Brown Leader;2462960]
No argument here as long as the secondary and oline is being handled early I'm a fan.

41 Dallas Cowboys – Mike Pouncey OG Florida
Not a fan of Pouncey this high at all. Think he benefits from his name and see this as way high for him... Figuring the top of the second would have a top guard prospect but with Cannon going the pick before it's tough. Might look at Deunta Williams here as well. Also just noticed Love is available which would probably be the direction I'd look.

73 Dallas Cowboys – Phil Taylor NT Colorado
Not a fan with Marvin Austin sitting there. Too great of value to pass up on. Provided that it's a mistake and we didn't cover safety in the last round I'd also take a look at DeAndre McDaniel.

Not bad choices at all in terms of positions but personally leaning in different prospects. Good work.

Legacy
01-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Haha-I wrote that mid season and never changed it. Still think Carimi would make an incredible fit.
Eh... I wouldn't be that upset if we drafted a RT early, but upgrading the guards is a much bigger priority. Lee is serviceable at RT, but, assuming the Bucs can't (or won't) re-sign Davin Joseph, they'll likely go into next season with two 7th round picks (Larsen and Hardman) as the starters at LG and RG.

Based on how your mock falls, I'd rather have Ryan Kerrigan or Akeem Ayers.

prock
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
I don't like this. Tyron Smith is too skinny and not a power blocker. We need Locker there.

T-RICH49
01-05-2011, 08:13 PM
KC draft =me likey

bruschis4all
01-05-2011, 08:14 PM
If Marcel Dareus is on the board and Bill Belichick doesn't draft him. I will bring a cooler filled with the beverage of your choice the next day. R.Hudson looks too light to be picked at 32. I'd take Pouncey given your board. And, trade the 33rd pick for someones first next year and 3rd this year. Justin Houston if I have to pick someone. Can live with Friday, though I'm hoping V. Curry from Marshall declares. I'd take Leshure, Vereen and Todman over Helu.

bullg8rdaddy
01-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Very solid Bucs draft!

Abaddon
01-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Kaepernick is probably going to put on a physical show and Campbell is a question mark long term. I think because of the success of Vick there will be quite a few teams that try to copycat what the Eagles did with him.

That doesn't make any sense. Teams are going to draft scramblers, send them to prison, and hope they miraculously come out with pocket passing skills?

RufusMcDaniel
01-05-2011, 10:16 PM
My favourite Titans draft I've seen on here....even though we did not address the defence.

TACKLE
01-06-2011, 12:07 AM
A+ draft for the Ravens.

fenikz
01-06-2011, 12:28 AM
1st 2 picks are great, I would prefer House over Schilling though, bigger need and he is a better player

Brown Leader
01-07-2011, 08:36 AM
[QUOTE=Brown Leader;2462960]
No argument here as long as the secondary and oline is being handled early I'm a fan.

41 Dallas Cowboys – Mike Pouncey OG Florida
Not a fan of Pouncey this high at all. Think he benefits from his name and see this as way high for him... Figuring the top of the second would have a top guard prospect but with Cannon going the pick before it's tough. Might look at Deunta Williams here as well. Also just noticed Love is available which would probably be the direction I'd look.

73 Dallas Cowboys – Phil Taylor NT Colorado
Not a fan with Marvin Austin sitting there. Too great of value to pass up on. Provided that it's a mistake and we didn't cover safety in the last round I'd also take a look at DeAndre McDaniel.

Not bad choices at all in terms of positions but personally leaning in different prospects. Good work.

I've been thinking the same about Pouncey but-hate to always reference Mayock but I heard him mention he looked at tape of Pouncey and was impressed-likened him to his twin-so I kept him there. Course the man has been wrong but it's rare.

Brown Leader
01-07-2011, 08:38 AM
That doesn't make any sense. Teams are going to draft scramblers, send them to prison, and hope they miraculously come out with pocket passing skills?

http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/oh_you.jpg?w=447&h=335

FlyingElvis
01-07-2011, 01:22 PM
If Marcel Dareus is on the board and Bill Belichick doesn't draft him. I will bring a cooler filled with the beverage of your choice the next day. R.Hudson looks too light to be picked at 32. I'd take Pouncey given your board. And, trade the 33rd pick for someones first next year and 3rd this year. Justin Houston if I have to pick someone. Can live with Friday, though I'm hoping V. Curry from Marshall declares. I'd take Leshure, Vereen and Todman over Helu.

It's very likely BB goes DE with that #17 pick. Also, while OT is a need, it's RT and can be filled later. Vollmer looked great in 6 starts (or so) for Light last season at LT. He's going to that side and an RT at a lower price is the likely candidate in this draft class.

Overall you hit positions of need well, though.

Rosebud
01-10-2011, 01:10 PM
If the Giants passed on Sherrod I'd actually be pissed. Soldier is a marginal upgrade on William Beatty and needs to put on even more bulk than Beatty to switch over to RT should he lose that duel. Sherrod could step in as a rookie and push Beatty at LT as well as taking over RT from Kareem McKenzie's corpse. If Sherrod weren't on the board I'd be talking up Carimi, but with Sherrod available it would be moronic to pass on him for a project like Soldier when we've got a more developed huge-upside-project who's already shown some good play in Beatty.

I'd be down for O'Dowd or Burton in the second round, although being such a big DL sucker it'd be really hard to pass on Paea to solidify our DT depth so that they don't get worn down again next year.

Love getting O'Dowd in the third, between him, Seubert and Koets we'll never have to deal with the awful awful football player that is Shaun O'Hara's corpse.

Poz51
01-11-2011, 12:34 PM
*No Luck updated*

4 Buffalo Bills - AJ Green WR Georgia*
13 Detroit Lions - Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson*.
18 San Diego Chargers – Marcell Dareus DE Alabama*
36 Buffalo Bills – Ben Ijalana OT Villanova
37 Arizona Cardinals – Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame
39 San Francisco 49ers – Justin Houston OLB Georgia
68 Buffalo Bills – Mason Foster ILB Washington
84 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Bruce Carter LB North Carolina

I understand your rational for Green, but just dont see it, although I did not see Spiller either last year for what thats worth... IMO the players at 5,6,9,12, and 18 are more likely given needs, Green with Evans moving on would be interesting... I would not throw a fit like the Maybin pick by any means...
I like Ijalana alot, but think Rudolph is a better option, and has more value, the TE situation in Buffalo has been horrible for years, and the situation is bleak to say the least, it maybe the biggest need on the team positionally... With Merrimans injury history, Houston makes a ton of sense as well... I like Foster, and would be ok with that with the other ILB's off the board, Carter I believe is better and would be a better pick up... Green, and Rudolph could make the offensive skill position players something else, but I can not see the Bills going with Green even if they move Evans at this point, WR is deep enough on this team IMO, I think they go QB, or defense with the first pick...

Bengals78
01-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Love Gabbert....but not to us.
AJ Green has to be the pick there.
Watkins is great
So is Moore. But who the **** is Jenkins?

txparkes49x
01-11-2011, 02:28 PM
I am a fan of the Niners picks but right now, after the sugar bowl I would pick Locker over Mallett.

Brown Leader
01-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I understand your rational for Green, but just dont see it, although I did not see Spiller either last year for what thats worth... IMO the players at 5,6,9,12, and 18 are more likely given needs, Green with Evans moving on would be interesting... I would not throw a fit like the Maybin pick by any means...
I like Ijalana alot, but think Rudolph is a better option, and has more value, the TE situation in Buffalo has been horrible for years, and the situation is bleak to say the least, it maybe the biggest need on the team positionally... With Merrimans injury history, Houston makes a ton of sense as well... I like Foster, and would be ok with that with the other ILB's off the board, Carter I believe is better and would be a better pick up... Green, and Rudolph could make the offensive skill position players something else, but I can not see the Bills going with Green even if they move Evans at this point, WR is deep enough on this team IMO, I think they go QB, or defense with the first pick...

I've been looking for anything from Gailey that hints at which direction they'll go in the first. He said he likes the professor and thinks he has upside but hasn't ruled out going offense or defense. Maby it was the beard but I just liked what Fitz did this season for that offense. Tbh, though I think Gabbert would make a good fit provided he makes a better transition from the spread than the guy he looks most like to me now-Alex Smith.

Working on a new mock and gave the Bills DE Jarvis Jenkins in the 2nd-with Rudolph and Castonzo still on the board. Crazy?

Love Gabbert....but not to us.
AJ Green has to be the pick there.
Watkins is great
So is Moore. But who the **** is Jenkins?

Ha. Meant Mr. Nelson. How bout Bowers in the 1st? Moves M.Johnson back to a situational rusher and D'Quan can move inside on passing downs. Gave in and put Bowers back in top 10 because of his versatility.

I am a fan of the Niners picks but right now, after the sugar bowl I would pick Locker over Mallett.

Not strictly because of the Sugar Bowl but I also see Locker there now. Harbaugh might prefer a QB project that comes from a pro system and has a clean history-and I'm figuring Mallett might take a tumble.

holt_bruce81
01-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I can't see the Rams going three rounds without selecting at least one Wide Receiver. Expecially with Justin Blackmon still on the board.

Brown Leader
01-11-2011, 07:02 PM
I can't see the Rams going three rounds without selecting at least one Wide Receiver. Expecially with Justin Blackmon still on the board.

What if Blackmon's off the board? It's been reported he's staying another year.

Nalej
01-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Dareus > Reiff for the Pats
I like Hudson and Beal
M.Floyd with the 64th pick... he's a steal there
K.O'dowd > RB... if his health is in check... he's the C of the future
I'm content with S depth since injuries made us thin there

Dareus
Hudson
Beal
M.Floyd
K.Odowd
Johnson

Lovely mock there... I wish

Bengals78
01-11-2011, 08:37 PM
AJ Green would be the best pick hands down in that spot

Brown Leader
01-11-2011, 09:08 PM
AJ Green would be the best pick hands down in that spot

Can the Bengals justify taking a WR in the 1st after a TE last year and Shipley with having taken Simpson and Caldwell in 08? Especially after how well Simpson looked as a starter in a #1 role the last two games...?

Guess a Bowers pick depends on whether M.Johnson is viewed as a starter or strictly a pass rush specialist.

Poz51
01-12-2011, 07:31 AM
I've been looking for anything from Gailey that hints at which direction they'll go in the first. He said he likes the professor and thinks he has upside but hasn't ruled out going offense or defense. Maby it was the beard but I just liked what Fitz did this season for that offense. Tbh, though I think Gabbert would make a good fit provided he makes a better transition from the spread than the guy he looks most like to me now-Alex Smith.

Working on a new mock and gave the Bills DE Jarvis Jenkins in the 2nd-with Rudolph and Castonzo still on the board. Crazy?

They certainly like Fitz (as do I, and want him on the team for the considerable future regardless), and he was an upgrade over T. Edwards and for the team as a whole, has helped improve the passing game, particularly on 3rd down, but is he a franchise guy? I dont think so, IMO he is a perfect transition type for this franchise. I think with another year under there belt the offense will continue to improve with him at the helm, but will they be able to compete with the big boys with him at the helm consistantly?? I dont think so... They are giving no indication of what direction they will go in with this draft, and going BPA available last year makes me think that will be the direction they go in, although I think need will come into play as well more so this year. Im not sold on Gabbert yet, especially at 3 with some of the other players that will be available, the Bills run alot of spread, so transition QB's are not a big issue IMO with this team... However,Fitz is 28 and Gailey stated regarding the QB situation: "What has got to happen is you've got to understand that I think Fitz is a really good quarterback, and I think he can take our team to the playoffs. But if you've got a chance to get a guy that you think for 10 years, 12 years, is going to be the guy, Fitz is moving on up in years, too. How many years do you expect us to draft No. 3 and be able to get a guy like that, even if you put him under wraps for a year or two while you're grooming him? You have to consider that."
Fitzpatrick turned 28 in November. Turns 29 next season....
Gailey said the team is thinking beyond the near future.
"Buddy [Nix] and I are committed to the long-term success of the Buffalo Bills," he said. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article307554.ece
So its a real possibility, and would not surprise me if they liked a QB enough to take him, develop him behind Fitz for a couple years and not think twice about it....
To answer your Question regarding Jenkins, Rudolph and Castanzo; INSANE CRAZY!! Although I would rather have him than Stroud (I think Carrington is there man at the 5 tech moving forward, unless they get a ridiculous talent like Fairley, or Dareus in the first), Rudolph is the only 1st round TE in this draft IMO, and I dont have any second rounders, Castanzo is a fringe first rounder, who I have a a 1-2 round guy, and Jenkins is a 2-3 round guy, who IMO compares to Troup who we drafted in the second last year, value/need wise Rudolph is the guy, Castanzo is a upgrade at either tackle spot, although they still seem committed to seeing Bell pan out, and giving him another year (healthy), Castanzo would be a definite upgrade at RT, although I think they need more of a road grinder myself. Not a knock on Jenkins, I just think the other 2 are better values in general, especially based on need...

etk
01-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Carimi is a significant enough upgrade at RT so I'd be OK with that pick. I'd rather see us draft a guy who will be a difference maker rather than reach.

Pernell McPhee fits a need and seems like a good pick but I haven't seen him play so I can't really comment.

Bruce Carter is a dream pick in the 3rd.

Abaddon
01-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Still a highly questionable Raider draft.

zachsaints52
01-13-2011, 09:02 AM
27 New Orleans Saints – Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA*
Ayers could put on a show in post draft workouts. Versatility as a rusher in pass situations while still able to play 43 OLB could be tempting for DC Williams.
Prev: Stefan Wisniewski C/G Penn State

59 New Orleans Saints – Marvin Austin DT/DE
Coming back to my initial thought about Austin-that the success of supposed bad character types this year might make teams look closer at guys with red flags and more at the potential upside.

74 New Orleans Saints (F/WAS) – Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois
Close to trading Thomas during the season and with his contract up, the only real RB is Ivory who just hurt his knee.

91 New Orleans Saints – Colin McCarthy LB Miami
Saints need a player here to compete and McCarthy is experienced enough to earn a significant role.

I love the first pick, and the 2nd is good because we are known to take trouble makers (Nicks,Shockey,Hargrove/Ayodele forget which) and turning them around, so the 2nd isnt bad. 3rd would be a need for sure if PT/Bush leaves, and the last isn't McCarthy the MLB for them? Or does he project outside? If its the guy im thinking its the white guy who was MLB.

RealityCheck
01-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Bad Pats mock. All are reaches and there's no chance in hell we'll take 2 OL in the 1st round.

SimonRath
01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
82 San Diego Chargers – Len Hankerson WR Miami
Depth can’t hurt with VJ moving on.

I'm not a Chargers fan or anything, but i dont think there is anyway they let Jackson walk..

Bengals78
01-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Can the Bengals justify taking a WR in the 1st after a TE last year and Shipley with having taken Simpson and Caldwell in 08? Especially after how well Simpson looked as a starter in a #1 role the last two games...?

Guess a Bowers pick depends on whether M.Johnson is viewed as a starter or strictly a pass rush specialist.

Yes we can.
Simpson looked good for 2 games in 3 years.
Caldwell is good but IDK if I would pin a big portion of my passing game on him.
Shipley is good in the slot and Gresh at TE is aces.
I would rather have Green, Simpson and Caldwell.

I would say DT is a bigger need that DE with how well Dunlap and MJ played. Especially Johnson who was surprisingly stout against the run and Dunlap was great at getting in the pocket.

1a. Green
1b. Fairley
2. Peterson
3. Bowers.

Brown Leader
01-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Yes we can.
Simpson looked good for 2 games in 3 years.
Caldwell is good but IDK if I would pin a big portion of my passing game on him.
Shipley is good in the slot and Gresh at TE is aces.
I would rather have Green, Simpson and Caldwell.

I would say DT is a bigger need that DE with how well Dunlap and MJ played. Especially Johnson who was surprisingly stout against the run and Dunlap was great at getting in the pocket.

1a. Green
1b. Fairley
2. Peterson
3. Bowers.

Beginning to think Bowers could project to 43 DE or 34DE and swing to DT on passing downs in a 43.

Hadn't realized the Bills are at #3-so rearranged some some things at the top.

bolts2388
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Jets 2nd round pick belongs to the Chargers now from the Cromartie trade.

STsACE
01-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Beginning to think Bowers could project to 43 DE or 34DE and swing to DT on passing downs in a 43.

Hadn't realized the Bills are at #3-so rearranged some some things at the top.

Can you explain the thought process of Newton to us in the 1st when our defense has maybe 5 guys that are worth anything and 6 cardboard cutouts that finish out our D?

I don't see Newton fitting in WCO (presumed) since Shurmur is our new HC

broadstbullies
01-13-2011, 11:05 PM
what do you mean by the emergence of Patterson? He had a few plays but he was Jason David 2.0 down the stretch. Corner is a need, whether free agency or draft. Samuel is the only lock to come back. I like Lindley. Ellis Hobbs is retiring.

I do like the pick in round 2 of an offensive lineman

Matthew Jones
01-14-2011, 02:48 PM
I'd probably prefer Dareus or Kerrigan over Reiff, but that's a possibility. The Patriots seem to like Vollmer as a future LT so they might only be looking for a RT and not draft one with their first pick, though. Hudson is a fit here as a guard but probably not a center, and I think the Patriots need center much more than a guard. Mike Pouncey would probably be better there, but I don't know if he's really the best fit either. I'd go with Matt Reynolds. The Patriots also only need one pass rusher, so Friday might not be the most necessary pick. Jarvis Jenkins or Mikel LeShoure would be good picks there.

Brown Leader
01-17-2011, 04:35 AM
Can you explain the thought process of Newton to us in the 1st when our defense has maybe 5 guys that are worth anything and 6 cardboard cutouts that finish out our D?

I don't see Newton fitting in WCO (presumed) since Shurmur is our new HC

I think Holmgren is looking at a QB in the 1st. Shurmur is a noted QB coach who I think would fit an offense around Newton not the other way around. Our defense doesn't have many names but they played good collectively-better than Ive seen them play in a long while.

Brown Leader
01-17-2011, 04:36 AM
what do you mean by the emergence of Patterson? He had a few plays but he was Jason David 2.0 down the stretch. Corner is a need, whether free agency or draft. Samuel is the only lock to come back. I like Lindley. Ellis Hobbs is retiring.

I do like the pick in round 2 of an offensive lineman

How about in round 1?

Brown Leader
01-17-2011, 04:42 AM
I'd probably prefer Dareus or Kerrigan over Reiff, but that's a possibility. The Patriots seem to like Vollmer as a future LT so they might only be looking for a RT and not draft one with their first pick, though. Hudson is a fit here as a guard but probably not a center, and I think the Patriots need center much more than a guard. Mike Pouncey would probably be better there, but I don't know if he's really the best fit either. I'd go with Matt Reynolds. The Patriots also only need one pass rusher, so Friday might not be the most necessary pick. Jarvis Jenkins or Mikel LeShoure would be good picks there.

Updated

17 New England Patriots(f/OAK)- Aldon Smith OLB/DE Missouri*
33 New England Patriots(f/CAR) – Rodney Hudson OG/C Florida State
41 Dallas TRADE to New England Patriots – Marcus Gilbert OT Florida
60 New England Patriots – Len Hankerson WR Miami
76 New England Patriots (F/MINN) – Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois*
92 New England Patriots – Jalil Brown CB/S Colrado

You like Matt Reynolds? Looks very slow to me and maby more of a G.

STsACE
01-17-2011, 07:33 PM
I think Holmgren is looking at a QB in the 1st. Shurmur is a noted QB coach who I think would fit an offense around Newton not the other way around. Our defense doesn't have many names but they played good collectively-better than Ive seen them play in a long while.

True on the D, but it's rumored and is most likely we switch to a 4-3 this season. Our front 7 is crap.

There's something about Newton, I don't like, I can't really explain it. Don't know if it's his demeanor in the way he presents himself or something else. I still don't see Newton as a good choice for us.

We hit on some recent high picks (Mack, Haden, Ward) and we need to really hit on this next one and I'll even say our 2nd rounder is vital towards us going further and growing. 1st round QB doesn't seem like a good choice. I wouldn't be surprised to see McNabb in a Browns uni as Shurmur was his QB coach for years and had his best seasons with him.