PDA

View Full Version : Which QB Do the Titans Target?

Incogneetus69
01-05-2011, 06:10 PM
1. Panthers - Luck
2. Broncos - Bowers
3. Bills - Newton
4. Bengals - AJ Green
5. Cards - Blane Gabbert
6. Browns - Nick Fariley or trade down to a team wanting a QB(Browns targeting Julio Jones)
7. 49ers - Jake Locker
8. Titans - Ryan Mallet
9. Cowboys - Hmmmmmm

I dont think Mallet is of the caliber of the others and if someone wants him in the top 10 they can just trade down and get him

Complex
01-05-2011, 06:14 PM
none

Luck stays in school and we suck which we will with Kery Collins as our QB, go like 2-14 abd draft Luck next year.

rainbeaukid2
01-05-2011, 06:16 PM
i'm not sure gabbert goes in the top 5, yes he has a lot of the attributes of a good professional qb, but i feel like the fact that he played int he offense that he did in college may hurt his draft stock because, as opposed to someone who may be able to come in and do well right away, he may be looked at as more of a project quarterback as he'd still have to learn the intricacies and such of a pro offense

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Don't knee jerk about this and assume they'll take a QB at #8.

Team Boards FTW!

Scott Wright
01-05-2011, 06:32 PM
My guess is the Titans will avoid both Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett due to character concerns.

That leaves either Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker.

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2011, 06:36 PM
My guess is the Titans will avoid both Cam Newton and Ryan Mallett due to character concerns.

That leaves either Blaine Gabbert or Jake Locker.

Doesn't Gabbert have some slight character concerns as well? If they had to choose one of the two, gun to my head I'd want Gabbert.

Wrathman
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
VY Suicide Watch - Day 1

Babylon
01-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Doesn't Gabbert have some slight character concerns as well? If they had to choose one of the two, gun to my head I'd want Gabbert.

Sounds like he's got in some bar fights. If they want someone to be squeaky clean the only one besides Luck would be Locker. My guess is a veteran QB makes more sense.

toddmlazarchick
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
McNabb please

MassNole
01-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Christian Ponder in Early Round 2.

wonderbredd24
01-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Ponder wishes... more like round 4 or 5

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2011, 07:25 PM

Hell no.....

NotRickJames
01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Hell no.....

LOL. What are you guys going to go for? FA?

Obviously Kerry starting next year wouldn't be pretty. They're going to have to bring in somebody.

Crazy_Chris
01-05-2011, 07:26 PM
There were rumors a couple of weeks aog that the Titans would be interested in Matt Flynn. Although they came from Jason LaCanfora so I am not sure how much stock to put in them.

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2011, 07:33 PM
LOL. What are you guys going to go for? FA?

Obviously Kerry starting next year wouldn't be pretty. They're going to have to bring in somebody.

Free agent or trade preferably. Draft a guy like Stanzi or Dalton to develop.

NotRickJames
01-05-2011, 07:36 PM

Nathan Enderle. Draft him and you'll be a happy man down the road.

CashmoneyDrew
01-05-2011, 07:37 PM

Maybe, can't say I've ever seen him play, though.

SickwithIt1010
01-05-2011, 07:40 PM
We will give you guys Kolb for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd :)

jk....but in reality, a 2nd and 3rd :)

Wrathman
01-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Collins is 38 and a free agent. No love for Rusty Smith? ;-)

wonderbredd24
01-05-2011, 07:41 PM
If the Titans OLine can come back and play more like they did last year, the Titans would be a quarterback's dream to walk into... Chris Johnson running the ball, a guy like Kenny Britt to throw the ball, and good blocking.

The right guy could lead that team on a huge turn around.

shylo3716
01-05-2011, 07:44 PM
If they don't get a QB in Round 1 I wouln't mind seeing Tyrod Taylor with Tennessee.

SickwithIt1010
01-05-2011, 07:45 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA i hope this is a joke.

Hes got all the things you look for in a quarterback except for the production....which shouldnt be tough to have in the ******* WAC!

I go to school 30 mins away from Moscow so ive gotten to see him play quite a bit, and the guy is not good.

Shane P. Hallam
01-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Wrote a blog entry about this today:

http://draftcountdown.com/draft-blog/2011/01/titanic-quarterbacks/

Master Exploder
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
I really think they're going to consider taking Jake Locker off the board unless Andrew Luck is somehow available. I don't think Jake Locker is smart choice to take in the 1st round, but if there is a team to take him in the 1st round, I believe the Tennessee Titans will do it. I have been thinking about this since it was clear that Vince Young was not going to work out in week 11.

wonderbredd24
01-05-2011, 09:59 PM
If they don't get a QB in Round 1 I wouln't mind seeing Tyrod Taylor with Tennessee.
Do they need another wide receiver?

Besides, Jeff Fisher, assuming he's retained, didn't want Vince Young. He wanted Matt Leinart.

JPP90
01-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Do they need another wide receiver?

Besides, Jeff Fisher, assuming he's retained, didn't want Vince Young. He wanted Matt Leinart.

Yeah people should lay off the Tyrod Taylor crack a little. Fisher is now running this team, won the power struggle and my guess is he will get a pocket passer come hell or high water, and a guy he won't have to baby. That excludes Newton and Mallett (Mallett on the latter part). Gabbert fits the bill but the wild card is Locker. He has the potential to be a pocket passer and has the maturity to be an even-keeled leader in the NFL. I'm sure Gabbert or Locker would satisfy Fisher.

MizzouBig12
01-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I really think they're going to consider taking Jake Locker off the board unless Andrew Luck is somehow available. I don't think Jake Locker is smart choice to take in the 1st round, but if there is a team to take him in the 1st round, I believe the Tennessee Titans will do it. I have been thinking about this since it was clear that Vince Young was not going to work out in week 11.The problem the Titans have is that they need a QB that will step in RIGHT AWAY. And how many of the current draft hopefuls fill that description? I like Locker as a maybe-next-year QB who could learn and adjust for a year under the tutelage of a good veteran. He can be phenomenal, as he runs almost as well as Mike Vick, but is way, way ahead of where Vick was when he came out of VT. I just don't think he could be an effective starter next year.

Master Exploder
01-06-2011, 12:41 PM
The problem the Titans have is that they need a QB that will step in RIGHT AWAY. And how many of the current draft hopefuls fill that description? I like Locker as a maybe-next-year QB who could learn and adjust for a year under the tutelage of a good veteran. He can be phenomenal, as he runs almost as well as Mike Vick, but is way, way ahead of where Vick was when he came out of VT. I just don't think he could be an effective starter next year.

They still have Kerry Collins under contract. They won't be shy about starting him again if they were to pick up Jake Locker or anybody else for that matter. I don't think they'll be looking at picking up another veteran QB in the offseason. With Collins, it just seems like they would want to grab a rookie QB this season, because he probably won't last 1 more season after that.

descendency
01-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Sounds like he's got in some bar fights. If they want someone to be squeaky clean the only one besides Luck would be Locker. My guess is a veteran QB makes more sense.

He's also fat and lazy.

Babylon
01-06-2011, 01:16 PM
They still have Kerry Collins under contract. They won't be shy about starting him again if they were to pick up Jake Locker or anybody else for that matter. I don't think they'll be looking at picking up another veteran QB in the offseason. With Collins, it just seems like they would want to grab a rookie QB this season, because he probably won't last 1 more season after that.

They could start the season with Collins and have a rookie QB be ready by the second half of the season if it isnt working out to well. With any of these QBs you're probably going to have to shrink the playbook a little and hand the ball to Chris Johnson and a lot.