PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Chance...?

MI_Buckeye
01-06-2011, 05:52 PM
teams will tank in the second half of the season next year to get Luck. I know coaches and players on lousy teams dont care about draft position, but whose to say some owner or GM wont try to sabotage their teams season in order to get a once in a generation, LeBron-like prospect?

Crickett
01-06-2011, 05:56 PM
I'd say the chances are about as good as the Broncos hiring Harbaugh and then trading Tim Tebow and a second rounder for the first overall pick.

Addict
01-06-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd say the chances are about as good as the Broncos hiring Harbaugh and then trading Tim Tebow and a second rounder for the first overall pick.

I'd say the chances are about as good as Natalie Portman coming to my house naked, drunk and in do-it mode.

PossibleCabbage
01-06-2011, 06:00 PM
It can't really happen in the NFL. You can't tell players and coaches to "tank it" because those guys are playing for their jobs. Even if the GM sandbags the season by putting together an untalented group of people (though that may cost him *his* job), you're still going to win the occasional game you expect to lose because your guys played hard and/or were lucky.

No point even in trying it really, Luck isn't that nonpareil. He's a good quarterback, but it's not likely guys in college who convince us that they're good quarterbacks are exceptionally rare.

TheMorningZoo
01-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Like others mentioned I don't really see it happening. + you might have Barkley coming out next year who could be another top Franchise QB...

Babylon
01-06-2011, 06:12 PM
You mean how teams tanked this year to get Luck?, they didnt. Coaches and players dont tank.

rainbeaukid2
01-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Like others mentioned I don't really see it happening. + you might have Barkley coming out next year who could be another top Franchise QB...

i doubt Barkley comes out next year, he'll have his senior year to play for, the second bowl game of his tenure at SC, and he'll have arguably his most talented team in only the second year of the Pac-12, and possibly be a top heisman candidate, even though he is already a contender for next years award. I see them being the favorites of the Pac-12 South going into the 2012-13 year. With all these factors stacking up, although he may be considered a top franchise QB when he comes out, I don't think that time will be until after he graduates

Jimmy
01-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Lloyd: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, Lloyd, that's difficult to say. I mean, we don't really...
Lloyd: Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance...

http://media.baycitizen.org/uploaded/images/2011/1/andrew-luck-1/lightbox/1-3%20Andrew%20Luck.jpg

BallerT1215
01-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I dont think there is tanking...I just think teams are really that bad...Carolina was every bit that record this year and earned the # 1 outright...

I feel fortunate to be at # 3...feel like we were one of the best top 3/4-12 teams ive seen in a while : )

SchizophrenicBatman
01-06-2011, 09:10 PM
the panthers absolutely tanked this season

a bunch of guys were put on IR without really being out for the year