PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mock (Top 16) 1/07/2011

Master Exploder
01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
1. Carolina Panthers: WR A.J. Green, Georgia
Carolina looks to give Jimmy Clausen a legitimate weapon for next season.

2. Denver Broncos: CB Patrick Peterson, Louisiana State
Champ Bailey is likely done in Denver. They could look to take a DL right here, but playing in the same division with receivers like Vincent Jackson and Dwayne Bowe will ultimately make Peterson an easier choice.

3. Buffalo Bills: QB Cameron Newton, Auburn
Ryan Fitzpatrick picked it up last season. The Bills could look to upgrade their defense right here, but they need more offensive firepower if they want to compete with New York and New England.

4. Cincinnati Bengals: DT Nick Fairley, Auburn
Carlos Dunlap gave them something to hope for last season. Da'Quan Bowers or Robert Quinn would be nice, but adding a talent like Nick Fairley on the inside could prove to be more beneficial for their young defensive ends already on their roster.

5. Arizona Cardinals: CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska
They need a QB, but Ken Wisenhunt is likely to try and grab a veteran like Kyle Orton in the offseason. A pass rusher would be nice here also, but Prince is ultimately too good to pass up at this point.

6. Cleveland Browns: WR Julio Jones, Alabama
Cleveland was hoping that Andrew Luck came out so they could have a better chance at A.J. Green. Fortunately, Julio Jones is a nice alternative. They could look to take Marcel Dareus, but ultimately getting Colt McCoy more weapons seems logical right here.

7. San Francisco 49ers: QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri
Without a headcoach, this is a hard pick to project. With Andrew Luck staying at Stanford, Blaine Gabbert becomes the best pure passer in this class.

8. Tennessee Titans: QB Jake Locker, Washington
Jeff Fisher won the battle in Tennessee. With Vince Young out, he'll likely give Kerry Collins the go ahead for one more season and try to grab a QB with the highest character to learn under Kerry Collins for a year.

9. Dallas Cowboys: DE Marcell Dareus, Alabama
Suprisingly, the Cowboys still look pretty good on paper. However, they're going to be taking a hit on their defensive line in the offseason, so they look to grab the best 3-4 Defensive End in the draft.

10. Washington Redskins LB Von Miller, Texas A&M
This pick should suprise some people. Rex Grossman looks like he might get the nod for atleast one more season. They could grab Justin Blackmon or Ryan Mallett, but ultimately they look to beef up their defense by grabbing the best 3-4 pass rusher in the draft.

11. Houston Texans: DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson
At this point, Wade Phillips is loving the fact that Da'Quan Bowers has fallen out of the top 10. They look to add a top 5 talent opposite of Mario Williams.

12. Minnesota Vikings: DT Stephen Paea, Oregon State
Pat Williams is getting old. Leslie Frazier looks to boost a defensive line that at one point was the most feared defensive line in the league. Robert Quinn or Ryan Mallett will be strongly considered here also.

13. Detroit Lions: DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina
Another top talent has fallen out of the top 10 and into the laps of another defensive line coach. The Lions are salivating at the idea of Quinn and Suh lining up together.

14. St. Louis Rams: WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
St. Louis looks to add a solid weapon for Sam Bradford right here.

15. Miami Dolphins: RB Mark Ingram, Alabama
They could go with Ryan Mallett right here; however, Miami lacked a solid running game all season and they need to do something to revive their offense.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue
It's no secret that Jacksonville has been trying to build a solid defensive line the past few season. They look to add a young stud to help complete the process.

(Edit) Can't sleep, decided to finish the mock...

17. New England Patriots: DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State

18. San Diego Chargers: DE Cameron Jordan, California

19. New York Giants: LB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DE Aldon Smith, Missouri

21. Seattle Seahawks: QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

22. Kansas City Chiefs: LB Justin Houston, Georgia

23. Indianapolis Colts: OT Derek Sherrod, Mississippi State

24. Philadelphia Eagles: CB Brandon Harris, Miami

25. Green Bay Packers: CB Aaron Williams, Texas

26. New Orleans Saints: DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin

27. Chicago Bears: OT Anthony Costanzo, Boston College

28. New York Jets: S Rahim Moore, UCLA

29. Baltimore Ravens: CB Janoris Jenkins, Florida

30. Pittsburgh Steelers: G Marcus Cannon, TCU

31. Atlanta Falcons: OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

32. New England Patriots: C Stefen Wisniewski, Penn. State

I was planning on waiting until atleast next week, but with Andrew Luck's recent decision having such a huge impact on this draft, I couldn't resist. Let me know what you guys think! If you have any questions, I'll be glad to answer them.

yo123
01-07-2011, 02:01 AM
I would like the Paea pick a lot more if Mallet wasn't still available.

Master Exploder
01-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Couldn't sleep, decided to finish it off. I'd love to hear feedback!

Bengals78
01-07-2011, 03:01 AM
Best pick in that situation

noondog
01-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Very nice Lions picks. Hopefully they'd target a CB in round 2.

DiG
01-07-2011, 07:47 AM
von miller over robert quinn is an absolute joke

Master Exploder
01-07-2011, 12:56 PM
von miller over robert quinn is an absolute joke

I think Robert Quinn going in the top 10 is a joke. I really don't think it's going to happen. Besides, do you think Mike Shannahan wants to bring in another liability like that? I'm quite sure he's had enough drama with the McNabb and Haynesworth situation to want to risk taking a guy who is a year removed from football in the top 10.

DiG
01-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I think Robert Quinn going in the top 10 is a joke. I really don't think it's going to happen. Besides, do you think Mike Shannahan wants to bring in another liability like that? I'm quite sure he's had enough drama with the McNabb and Haynesworth situation to want to risk taking a guy who is a year removed from football in the top 10.

Thats fine but I didnt say anything about Quinn having to go in the top 10. I just dont think that Miller has a shot of going before Quinn. Miller is a pure pass rusher. He has a long way to go to prove he can stop the run or drop in coverage. He simply doesnt have the versatility and all around game to be a top 10 pick. If we want a pure pass rusher we can get one later. If your taking a 3-4 OLB in the top 10 he better be an all around stud prospect.

Nalej
01-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Love the Pats mock

Master Exploder
01-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Thats fine but I didnt say anything about Quinn having to go in the top 10. I just dont think that Miller has a shot of going before Quinn. Miller is a pure pass rusher. He has a long way to go to prove he can stop the run or drop in coverage. He simply doesnt have the versatility and all around game to be a top 10 pick. If we want a pure pass rusher we can get one later. If your taking a 3-4 OLB in the top 10 he better be an all around stud prospect.

In all honesty, you could make that analysis about any 3-4 LB in this draft class and many others. I agree, I think Von Miller in the top 10 is a bit a of a reach, but I think he's a safer option over Bowers and Quinn as a 3-4 pass rusher.

thebow305
01-07-2011, 01:20 PM
The running game really does need a spark, but that's mainly because the QB and OL play was awful this year. I think if we re-sign Ronnie he could be effective again with good QB and upgraded OL. Ryan Mallett SHOULD be the pick there, although Ingram wouldn't be bad either.

DiG
01-07-2011, 01:41 PM
In all honesty, you could make that analysis about any 3-4 LB in this draft class and many others. I agree, I think Von Miller in the top 10 is a bit a of a reach, but I think he's a safer option over Bowers and Quinn as a 3-4 pass rusher.

so you agree hes a reach than why mock that pick? it doesnt have to be a 3-4 OLB. There is much better value available at other positions and the skins have needs just about everywhere.

Master Exploder
01-07-2011, 05:32 PM
so you agree hes a reach than why mock that pick? it doesnt have to be a 3-4 OLB. There is much better value available at other positions and the skins have needs just about everywhere.

I think he's the best value for their needs at that pick. That is why I mocked him there.

49erNation85
01-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Why is everyone jumping on the Gabbery bandwagon here now all of sudden ?I haven't seen much of the but don't care for the 49ers to grab him even with Harbaugh as our HC .I would rather stay with a QB like Locker or later round.Some one who is familiar with a west coast offense ,just my two cents .

Master Exploder
01-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Why is everyone jumping on the Gabbery bandwagon here now all of sudden ?I haven't seen much of the but don't care for the 49ers to grab him even with Harbaugh as our HC .I would rather stay with a QB like Locker or later round.Some one who is familiar with a west coast offense ,just my two cents .

I think Gabbert would be the best out of all of the 1st round QBs to run a west coast offense. That is particularly why I chose him for that pick.

Me Likey Rookies
01-07-2011, 06:21 PM
A++++ Bucs pick. Great job.

prock
01-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I would like the Paea pick a lot more if Mallet wasn't still available.

This, even though I would rather reach on others than take Paea.

49erNation85
01-08-2011, 12:28 PM
I still don't see Gabbert a first round pick tho .In his bowl he didn't look impressive against Iowa .

ChicagoBearsVet23
01-08-2011, 12:29 PM
Jenkins or Wisniewski >>>>> Castanzo

Xiomera
01-08-2011, 12:51 PM
13. Detroit Lions: DE Robert Quinn, North Carolina
Another top talent has fallen out of the top 10 and into the laps of another defensive line coach. The Lions are salivating at the idea of Quinn and Suh lining up together.

Give the Lions Akeem Ayers.

There is almost no way they will take another player that has sat out a full season of football in the first round.

Matthew Jones
01-09-2011, 07:51 AM
Great Patriots mock!

proshoota25
01-09-2011, 07:06 PM
solid pats m ock

Monomach
01-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Jenkins or Wisniewski >>>>> Castanzo

I can see Jenkins maybe being better for us, but Wisniewski over Castonzo? Hell no. I'm a huge Wisniewski lover, but I'll take Castonzo 10 out of 10 times over him.